Only 1 supplement, which would you choose?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you could only take one supplement for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?

Whitestang

Whitestang

Awards
That's a tough one lol. So much to think of!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think mine would have to be vitamin D! With magnesium and ashwaghanda in a close second and third!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One supplement as in one single ingredient, or one finished product supplement that may have several ingredients?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
One supplement as in one single ingredient, or one finished product supplement that may have several ingredients?
I was thinking single. But what would your choice be for a finished product with multiple ingredients?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I was thinking single. But what would your choice be for a finished product with multiple ingredients?
Finish Line by Iforce Nutrition

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with a lot of the others with creatine monohydrate. Probably one of the most research supplements that work so I would have to go with it.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Vitamin D if I couldn't guarantee great sun exposure daily. But CreMo is awesome too (the "brain stuff" that's coming out frequently especially). Glad I don't have to choose.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Probably creatine for a single, and a staple-type supplement with creatine, betaine, etc like PowerMax XT for a multi-ingredient product.

I also love nootropics, but I don't think a single nootropic ingredient would make the "only supplement" list, but a complete nootropic supplement certainly could, and it can also be used as a energy/focus PWO.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What's the data on getting sufficient creatine from red meat?
That's one reason I didn't choose it cause I felt like with solid diet you could get enough. Maybe I'm wrong

Beta

Awards
  • Established
What's the data on getting sufficient creatine from red meat?
That's one reason I didn't choose it cause I felt like with solid diet you could get enough. Maybe I'm wrong
As a general guideline, any type of uncooked muscle meat has 3 grams to 6 grams of creatine per 2.5 pounds of meat. Beef and chicken lose about 5 percent of their total creatine when they’re cooked, unless they’re boiled or stewed. When the meat is braised for a long time, you may lose as much as 30 percent of the creatine.
That's a lot of meat each day.

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
Creatine Mono for sure. I'm a creatine super responder. So it's always a staple for me.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Protein doesn't count .. I'll take creatine mono all day :)

Omg imagine how much money would we all save lol

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are most of you thinking from a bodybuilding or overall health longevity?

If for overall health this would be my multi component supplement:

http://www.vibranthealth.com/green-vibrance/

I need to reorder, but I was doing a shot in the am of green Vibrance, half a lemon, real salt, and 1 oz of ACV in 4 ounces of water. Tastes like hell but makes you feel so good all day long. If you haven't looked into that supp, I haven't found a better more rounded one. Even has probiotics.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Quality Food.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Lutein + Zeaxanthin!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lutein + Zeaxanthin!
Interesting choice. I've come across several dosing schemes for them (studies), and they carry pretty considerably, both in regards to doses of each as well as ratios of each. What do you personally like?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Interesting choice. I've come across several dosing schemes for them (studies), and they carry pretty considerably, both in regards to doses of each as well as ratios of each. What do you personally like?
I second this question. These are both supps I don't know a ton about

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you could only take one supplement for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?
Reference back to the OP's original question on page 1.

So you normally eat sh*tty food and supplement with quality food? Interesting
The key phrase that set this answer forth was "for the rest of your life". I'm 52 and not getting any younger but I was considering the entire span of life into retirement because I'm old. lol.

That's not a supplement. Food doesn't "supplement" your diet and training. Nice try being the obligatory "all you need is food and heavy ass weights" guy.
Ok, ok. Uncle. I'm not that guy, well kind of.
Maybe one with all of these:

• Caralluma Fimbriata
  • Ashwagandha (KSM 66)
  • Coleus Forskohlii
  • 5-Hydroxytryptophan
  • Fucoxanthin
  • 7-Ketodehydroepiandrosterone

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reference back to the OP's original question on page 1.

The key phrase that set this answer forth was "for the rest of your life". I'm 52 and not getting any younger but I was considering the entire span of life thing into retirement because I'm old. lol.

Ok, ok. Uncle. I'm not that guy, well kind of.
Maybe one with all of these:

• Caralluma Fimbriata
  • Ashwagandha (KSM 66)
  • Coleus Forskohlii
  • 5-Hydroxytryptophan
  • Fucoxanthin
How is food a supplement though? I suppose if you're not eating enough, adding more food would "supplement" your diet, but if you're your desired caloric intake, supplementing with more food isn't going to help, and could very well be counter productive. If we're talking about things that we absolutely need to survive and make progress, ignoring what a supplement is, then I guess oxygen and water would be at the top of the list, as we can go longer without food than without air or water, but that would just make this a really silly and pointless conversation. Anyway, I'm not going to beat this dead horse further haha.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How is food a supplement though? I suppose if you're not eating enough, adding more food would "supplement" your diet, but if you're your desired caloric intake, supplementing with more food isn't going to help, and could very well be counter productive. If we're talking about things that we absolutely need to survive and make progress, ignoring what a supplement is, then I guess oxygen and water would be at the top of the list, as we can go longer without food than without air or water, but that would just make this a really silly and pointless conversation. Anyway, I'm not going to beat this dead horse further haha.
I'll help you.

So many in here are too young to consider food is a major factor in the lives of seniors. Quality food. I live in Florida and see people waking their carts to the grocery store and more than once not have enough money to pay for the food they want. That's what I was thinking but neglected to write it. My mistake. I thought of it as one of those 'desert island, you can take one thing with you' type of question. My answer to that is McGyver by the way.

That said. I did provide a legitimate answer to the OP's question: :afro:

Maybe one supplement with these inside: (All ingredients have benefits long-term and low dose) so affordable. I think a "Single" supplement should provide a sense of well being; good health, and improve over time used.

• Caralluma Fimbriata
  • Ashwagandha (KSM 66)
  • Coleus Forskohlii
  • 5-Hydroxytryptophan
  • Fucoxanthin

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll help you.

So many in here are too young to consider food is a major factor in the lives of seniors. Quality food. I live in Florida and see people waking their carts to the grocery store and more than once not have enough money to pay for the food they want. That's what I was thinking but neglected to write it. My mistake. I thought of it as one of those 'desert island, you can take one thing with you' type of question. My answer to that is McGyver by the way. :afro:

That said. I did provide a legitimate answer to the OP's question:

Maybe one supplement with these inside: (All ingredients have benefits long-term and low dose) so affordable. I think a "Single" supplement should provide a sense of well being; good health, and improve over time used.

• Caralluma Fimbriata
  • Ashwagandha (KSM 66)
  • Coleus Forskohlii
  • 5-Hydroxytryptophan
  • Fucoxanthin
Who in their right mind would go to a desert island with a tub (or a lifetime supply) of creatine or a pre-workout over food? If that's what you were talking about, then of course, don't buy creatine or a PWO if you can't afford chicken, eggs, rice, beef, etc; that'd be really unwise. If we're playing a game of "anything and everything is a supplement" then I chose air, just in case it's one of those "you're in a vacuum chamber on a desert island and only get to take one thing with you." It just doesn't make sense; food, air, water, etc aren't supplements.

But back to the actual topic, that's a pretty interesting stack; the ashwagandha, forskolin, and fucoxanthin should provide a variety of benefits and help with body composition. Caralluma is an interesting one too.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TinyNutzzz

TinyNutzzz

Awards
Creatine for the win.... Unless Cocaine is considered a supplement lmfao

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Who in their right mind would go to a desert island "McGyver" different question.
But back to the actual topic, that's a pretty interesting stack; the ashwagandha, forskolin, and fucoxanthin should provide a variety of benefits and help with body composition. Caralluma is an interesting one too.
Oh by the way. Those compounds I mentioned are in a real product. :afro:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im taking a desert island to the power source.
Haha, that works too. Can I have a dessert island instead of a desert island? Then I don't need to worry about bringing food "supplements.'

Reactions: Nac
THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
WHAT IF ALL THE SAND ON THE DESERT ISLAND IS PURE CREATINE MONOHYDRATE!?!?