One exercise for one month...what would you do?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hypothetically, let's say you could only do one exercise for a whole month. What would you do?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Barbell clean and press, probably works more muscles then any other exercise. If you consider that a barbell complex and not a single exercise I'd still probably go with a full clean over a deadlift. You get the deadlift portion of the movement, the transfer is a mix between a upright row and reverse curl and it turns into a front squat at the end.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If just one? I'm going to have to agree with deadlift , as well lol as it hits the entire body

ChilledFaith

Awards
Definitely some compound movement, probably clean and jerk. Especially if we're allowed to modify that singular lift. A ton of ways to change up some positions, start from the hips, knees, start like a deadlift, etc.

Jackedzombie

Awards
Power clean into a push press, then drop the bar to shoulders and front squat. I actually did just this exercise five days a week (plus running) for a while just messing around when I was a kid. Kind of fun for a while, then becomes boring. I also did a phase only running, the above clean press squat hybrid thingy, and muscle ups.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Prowler

So many variations. Heavy will train full body musculature, keep cardio up, keep GPP up, keep strength up, elicit a hypertrophic response, huge metabolic demand. Id do 70/30 heavy / moderate.