One cycle?

PredatorOnFire

Awards
If I am really determined to do one cycle and one cycle only and then pct and stop.. or one bulking and one cutting cycle and then stop, will I lose most of the gains or would I be able to recover and keep training naturally. I'm not looking to do any major damage to the endocrine system or looking for massive gains. Just want a boost to my current physique

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Of course you can do one cycle. It preceeds the second. And the third and the fourth..

No but in all seriousness it's very unlikely that you'll do just one and even more unlikely that you do two and stop there. Due to multiple reasons.

It's impossible to tell how much of the gains you'll keep. It depends on do you go beyond your natural limit with the cycle, how well you recover hormonal wise and how well you keep training after it and how is your mental state after it being stuck to natural training afterwards (if you really do stop cycling).

Most important thing to realise imo is that you may not recover from the first cycle, even with proper pct. You never know if you will or how well you will recover. That is the risk you should know about and decide if it's a risk you are willing to take. I'm not trying yo scare you, it's just the truth. And you may recover just fine. Also the effects on endocrine system may not ellicit immediately after the cycle. You may recover fine initially, but still did enough damage to put you on trt later in life. Of course you may have to resort to trt later in life anyway even if not cycling anything. So it's just tough to give any kind of definitive answers here.

You could tell a bit more about yourself. Age, years in training, height&weight and BF estimate, some PR's on lifts maybe.

Then we can discuss more and maybe give opinions on what direction to take and together see if it really is something you want to give a shot.

How are you with needles and injections? I'm mostly thinking about the possible trt. Would you be fine with pinning yourself?

Hopefully I don't sound too dramatic. But it's not really a small decision.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I am really determined to do one cycle and one cycle only and then pct and stop.. or one bulking and one cutting cycle and then stop, will I lose most of the gains or would I be able to recover and keep training naturally. I'm not looking to do any major damage to the endocrine system or looking for massive gains. Just want a boost to my current physique
Once you start you'll likely want to do another one. Cycles are like chips, you don't stop at one.

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I believe you'll keep most or all (minus recovery/pct) if you're not over our very close to a generic limit and you continue to exercise regularly.... Betting you'll do another too lol

PredatorOnFire

Awards
Once you start you'll likely want to do another one. Cycles are like chips, you don't stop at one.
But let's just assume hypothetically I do stop after one or two cycles, if that's my main goal before starting in the first place I should be able to stop and then train fine naturally thereafter correct? And keep most of the gains

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
But let's just assume hypothetically I do stop after one or two cycles, if that's my main goal before starting in the first place I should be able to stop and then train fine naturally thereafter correct? And keep most of the gains
Like I said in my first post, there's a lot of variables. But blunt answer is yes. It's possible for you to keep all the gains you made (on a practical level) and even continue to make gains after it with out cycling anything. How likely it is depends on the multiple variables.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot depends on how well your HPTA recovers. Some guys take a permanent hit after one cycle.

PredatorOnFire

Awards
Like I said in my first post, there's a lot of variables. But blunt answer is yes. It's possible for you to keep all the gains you made (on a practical level) and even continue to make gains after it with out cycling anything. How likely it is depends on the multiple variables.
Thank you this is pretty much what I was wondering

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
But for a blunt question a blunt answer. I'm not saying you will nor am I advocating you to just go ahead, do a cycle you'll get what you want and everything is going to be fine.

What kind of gear are you looking to run? For how long? What kind of pct are you looking to do? Cycle support? Your horoscope? Something

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
to really drill home what @KvanH has said across two posts....

if you are 21, been training less than a year and get lucky with your genetics and hpta recovery then you could potentially keep most of the gains you make

if you are 35, been training hard and properly for 5 years, been plateaued for the last year (or only making very very slow progress) then no, it’s unlikely you’ll maintain much of gain on cycle.

in scenario one despite that being the scenario that gives you what you seem to want it’s also the scenario in which you shouldn’t run a cycle as you could achieve the gains you’ll make naturally.

this is the conundrum you see, where gear is appropriate is where you have a solid base of training and nutrition and where you have reached (or got close to) you natural genetic potential. To go past that you use gear, but to maintain the physique you achieve or improve it further would need further cycles/trt/cruise and blast. It’s not quite that simplistic but that’s the situation in a nutshell.

running one cycle is very very rarely the right option imo. Either run nothing or embrace the process if that’s the lifestyle you want

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Everything in this whole thread is so wrong. Stop lying to yourself.. it’s like you want to "cheat" and take drugs but only once and walk away with "gains" and stay natty your whole life. Take this tip from me, who’s never off testosterone, do not do a cycle if you’re thinking to do only one, first of all that’s silly, why would someone want to do something once? Second of all you will HATE training natural after and your motivation won’t be there. You’ll feel weak, soft, and what not. It’s a bad idea.

PredatorOnFire

Awards
I'm s
Everything in this whole thread is so wrong. Stop lying to yourself.. it’s like you want to "cheat" and take drugs but only once and walk away with "gains" and stay natty your whole life. Take this tip from me, who’s never off testosterone, do not do a cycle if you’re thinking to do only one, first of all that’s silly, why would someone want to do something once? Second of all you will HATE training natural after and your motivation won’t be there. You’ll feel weak, soft, and what not. It’s a bad idea.
But that's based off of your mindset not mine, just because training natural after would be harder and gains would be less easy to come by doesn't mean I will hate training. I've always loved training and always will on or off gear. My goal is to use gear once or twice just to boost to my genetic limit since I'm near that and then continue training/ maintaining after that

PredatorOnFire

Awards
But for a blunt question a blunt answer. I'm not saying you will nor am I advocating you to just go ahead, do a cycle you'll get what you want and everything is going to be fine.

What kind of gear are you looking to run? For how long? What kind of pct are you looking to do? Cycle support? Your horoscope? Something
Thats what I'm researching at the moment. I just want to do a cycle which has been heavily researched and prepared for with proper pct and preparation to hit my goal (physique / strength wise) and then stop after that not that it's that simple since I haven't experienced it but I don't think there has to be this one size fits all answer regarding stopping after one or two cycles because not everyone's mindset and goals are the same. So one guy who wants to get massive and go past genetic potential will fall in love with gear but someone who wants to hit genetic potential and maintain might not need to do it consistently

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm s

But that's based off of your mindset not mine, just because training natural after would be harder and gains would be less easy to come by doesn't mean I will hate training. I've always loved training and always will on or off gear. My goal is to use gear once or twice just to boost to my genetic limit since I'm near that and then continue training/ maintaining after that
You can't "boost" your genetic limit. You can only push through and beyond with ped's. But if that's really the case, then you aren't keeping the gains if stopping completely the use of ped's. Hence the 'NATURAL limit' (= genetic limit).

PredatorOnFire

Awards
You can't "boost" your genetic limit. You can only push through and beyond with ped's. But if that's really the case, then you aren't keeping the gains if stopping completely the use of ped's. Hence the 'NATURAL limit' (= genetic limit).
Not boost my genetic limit, boost to the genetic limit, since I'm almost there and that's my goal

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thats what I'm researching at the moment. I just want to do a cycle which has been heavily researched and prepared for with proper pct and preparation to hit my goal (physique / strength wise) and then stop after that not that it's that simple since I haven't experienced it but I don't think there has to be this one size fits all answer regarding stopping after one or two cycles because not everyone's mindset and goals are the same. So one guy who wants to get massive and go past genetic potential will fall in love with gear but someone who wants to hit genetic potential and maintain might not need to do it consistently
I'm not questioning your ability to stop after 2 cycles. It's just generally unlikely and many times not worth it. And I for one have given anything but a one size fits all opinion.

But most importantly (I'm repeating myself here); Are you ready to inject yourself with testosterone the rest of your life, IF you don't recover from these 2 cycles and trt is the only way to proceed with decent life? Cause' that is a real possibility and your mental toughness won't get you out of that.

PredatorOnFire

Awards
I'm not questioning your ability to stop after 2 cycles. It's just generally unlikely and many times not worth it. And I for one have given anything but a one size fits all opinion.

But most importantly (I'm repeating myself here); Are you ready to inject yourself with testosterone the rest of your life, IF you don't recover from these 2 cycles and trt is the only way to proceed with decent life? Cause' that is a real possibility and your mental toughness won't get you out of that.
I understand that's a possibility, which is why I'm here to get more insight into the health risks and whether such a cycle would actually benefit me. But I will do the proper research and make a decision without being impulsive and assuming everything will go perfectly

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm s

No that’s based off the thousands of anecdotes, real life of online. Btw you ain’t boosting ****. "Boosting my genetic limits" even if let’s say your genetics potential is "X10" and you manage to do 2 cycles and bring your physique to "X12". ANYTHING that’s over your genetics limit will fall right off as soon as you’re off cycle. You will be right back to "X10" you know how people like me, or everyone on steroids for that matter... keep their gains over their natural limits??? They stay on and don’t come off. You know how many guys like you thought exactly what you’re thinking?? Thousands probably on this very forum in the last decades??? You always loved training and always will... but you have no idea what you’re talking about. If you’re telling me you want to do it fine but don’t pretend you know exactly how you’ll react after you’ve never been on a god damn cycle.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm s

I understand what you are saying bro but the obvious point to make here is that if you love training anyway then why the **** risk your endocrine system at all to reach a limit you will reach anyway. Sure you’ll get there a bit quicker with gear but the difference wouldn’t be that much and imo not worth the risks (not even close).

id reiterate my original point that from both personal experience and from the hundreds or thousands of forum stories, one cycle isn’t worth doing.

either reach your limit naturally or shoot for more but accept the lifestyle that’s needed to achieve that.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can tell you as someone who has a done about 5 or 6 cycles at different stages of my life and always years apart, you do not keep much if anything at all what you gain, you just feel like superman for a while and then it's back to reality. Having done nothing for over a year now i really don't think i am anywhere i wouldn't be naturally having never touched a drug. The only upside for me is i seem to have always recovered, other than a visit from mr floppy after my last cycle, I'm 38 now so recovery is probably going to get harder if i cycle again

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
About 3 weeks into my first cycle (330mg of 1-andro) which was at that point going to be the only one, I thought to myself:

"I love this sh!t. I'm going to do steroids."

I felt like christ himself, nailed to a barbell and dying for the sins of the weak.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
About 3 weeks into my first cycle (330mg of 1-andro) which was at that point going to be the only one, I thought to myself:

I felt like christ himself, nailed to a barbell and dying for the sins of the weak.
I never said to myself that I was only going to do one cycle but someone on this forum who was following my first or second cycle log said that within a year or two I’d be blasting and cruising as I loved being on too much 😂😂 it was about a year later I stopped coming off 🙈

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

Thank you for figuratively dying for our sins 🙏

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thank you for figuratively dying for our sins 🙏
All the heads on here are doing it everyday. Every informative log and thread and post about the ins and outs, dos and don'ts is just another martyrdom we get to witness: live and in color!

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
AM.1. AW.1:1-2. All the heads on here are doing it everyday. Every informative log and thread and post about the ins and outs, dos and don'ts is just another martyrdom we get to witness: live and in color!

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Alot to read but my experience here is a example-
You weigh 210 on cycle and 210 off cycle at the same body fat level and I look completely different. Muscle fullness, vascularity, muscle hardness on cycle I would love to have year round, but off cycle nope.

PredatorOnFire

Awards
No that’s based off the thousands of anecdotes, real life of online. Btw you ain’t boosting ****. "Boosting my genetic limits" even if let’s say your genetics potential is "X10" and you manage to do 2 cycles and bring your physique to "X12". ANYTHING that’s over your genetics limit will fall right off as soon as you’re off cycle. You will be right back to "X10" you know how people like me, or everyone on steroids for that matter... keep their gains over their natural limits??? They stay on and don’t come off. You know how many guys like you thought exactly what you’re thinking?? Thousands probably on this very forum in the last decades??? You always loved training and always will... but you have no idea what you’re talking about. If you’re telling me you want to do it fine but don’t pretend you know exactly how you’ll react after you’ve never been on a god damn cycle.
Let's say genetic potential is X10, then I am currently at X7 and I want to hit X10 faster than it would take naturally , but don't want to go over X10 as that’s not my personal goal. So that's why I want to cycle just once or twice to give me a boost. With proper pct and research beforehand, and even if it boosts me up to just X8 or X9 then I will work naturally to reach X10 , but it will still be a boost

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You might not believe this, but some people post here not so they'll get honest responses, necessarily ....
But so that people will affirm what they hope to be true.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You might not believe this, but some people post here not so they'll get honest responses, necessarily ....
But so that people will affirm what they hope to be true.
but alas this is a site where members will give an honest response 🤷

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to sound like a prick, but you’re blowing off a sh!t load of great advice here man. If you have no desire to exceed the hypothetical “X10” physique, then don’t touch anything anabolic. Ya, you might reach your genetic limit faster, but at what cost, and why? I’m not going to say anything about a lifetime of testosterone replacement therapy because it’s been said a bunch. Won’t even mention the fact that your ding dong may not work properly after just one cycle. Take a couple more years, proper diet, train your ass off, and get there naturally. OR, sprint to the finish line and hope you recover. Ultimately, it’s your choice.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
OP, this is a great idea, do 1 cycle only every 6 months and you will be happy, I can almost guarantee it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lemme put it to you this way: do you know anyone who orgasmed for the first time and then said, “Man, that was awesome. Now I’m never going to do this again for the rest of my existence.”??

It’s a lifestyle. You wanna take gear, you’re going to want to do it again even more after you feel the power.

And if you truly love training so much and intend to forever even natty, why on earth would you be in such a hurry to reach your genetic limits? That’s the point where nothing meaningful ever really happens again. You don’t get more jacked, you don’t get meaningfully stronger, you can’t retain your lbm when dieting you lower bodyfat. Why, for the love of everything awesome about training, would you try to facilitate the end of the line in your potential?!