On TRT: What Markers Should I Look For in Bloods?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's been seven weeks since my last cycle. I ran both Test E and Tren E at 375mg for roughly eight weeks and Var at 60mg for first four weeks.

What should I be checking for on my bloods to know I'm ready to do my next cycle? I'm at 175mg Test E for my TRT dose. Planning to run Masteron E at 420mg for 12-14 weeks and Var at 60mg for the first 6-8 weeks depending on my body.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
On top of my head the important ones would be:
1) male panel and general hormones
So testosterone free test, lh ,shbg etc as well as estrogen, prolactin , progesterone.
2) cholesterol COMPLETE panel.
3) liver values
4)kidney values (COMPLETE AS WELL)
5) C-reactive protein (inflammation markers of your body) very important even though most doctors will tell you it’s not.
6) thyroids panel
7) CBC panel (complete blood count)
Hematocrit hemoglobin etc
8) there’s also a panel which they usually always include that’s got electrolytes balance, potassium etc etc. I would make sure that’s on there too. Can’t remember the name and I’m at the gym so don’t have my bloods paper on me

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Most important thing is CBC, CMP (kidney, liver, etc), lipid panel. These are the things, in order of importance, that will kill you if they go unattended/unnoticed (lipids longterm).

Thyroid Panel or at least TSH, HbA1c, C-Reactive Protein all offer good health snapshots that are worthwhile longterm IMO. HbA1c is mandatory if you are using GH or have some reason to watch glucose levels seriously (familial predisposition to diabetes, for example).

I don’t really worry about the sex hormones. I don’t care what my actual test levels are if I believe my gear to be good. At cruise they are lower and on blast they will be up. Free test doesn’t matter in a supraphysiological androgen environment; when you take hundreds of mg you’re going to get serious increases in available test. That & SHBG are more troubleshooting focuses for TRT ranges. On that note, SHBG is always going to plummet on a real blast. Again, more of a TRT concern.

Knowing estrogen, prolactin & progesterone are more relevant on cycle when troubleshooting gyno or negative sides, but not something I’d expect to be off normally after a cruise. Assuming you have your TRT protocol dialed in already of course.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Most important thing is CBC, CMP (kidney, liver, etc), lipid panel. These are the things, in order of importance, that will kill you if they go unattended/unnoticed (lipids longterm).

Thyroid Panel or at least TSH, HbA1c, C-Reactive Protein all offer good health snapshots that are worthwhile longterm IMO. HbA1c is mandatory if you are using GH or have some reason to watch glucose levels seriously (familial predisposition to diabetes, for example).

I don’t really worry about the sex hormones. I don’t care what my actual test levels are if I believe my gear to be good. At cruise they are lower and on blast they will be up. Free test doesn’t matter in a supraphysiological androgen environment; when you take hundreds of mg you’re going to get serious increases in available test. That & SHBG are more troubleshooting focuses for TRT ranges. On that note, SHBG is always going to plummet on a real blast. Again, more of a TRT concern.

Knowing estrogen, prolactin & progesterone are more relevant on cycle when troubleshooting gyno or negative sides, but not something I’d expect to be off normally after a cruise. Assuming you have your TRT protocol dialed in already of course.
My TRT is dialed in per past bloods, which is why I asked this question. I also see no reason to test my sex hormones. At this point my body tells me when something isn't balanced and I know what to do to fix it.

I haven't done any GH or peptides in several months, so I should be good there. There is no diabetes in my family, but I take 1,000mg of Metformin XR daily just to keep my blood sugar low. I believe it will help longevity down the road.

Whether blasting or cruising, I eliminate as much animal fat as possible and replace it with EVO and coconut oil. My lipids always look great and nobody in my family has ever had trouble. I'm a hard gainer from a family of skinny, healthy, active folks. I have checked it while blasting and it's still okay which is amazing to me.

I'll do the CBC, CMP, lipids, and I will check the thyroid because I'm always paranoid about that for some reason.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thyroid is worth checking periodically because it can do some weird stuff just in response to diet manipulation, and if you don’t get enough iodine, and things like l-carnitine and AAS will impact it, and just aging. So it’s good to check a few times a year if you are manipulating a lot of things the way we do.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thyroid is worth checking periodically because it can do some weird stuff just in response to diet manipulation, and if you don’t get enough iodine, and things like l-carnitine and AAS will impact it, and just aging. So it’s good to check a few times a year if you are manipulating a lot of things the way we do.
Yeah, I'm in my 40's now and I have to do more work/drugs to keep my strength/size up. I can gain fat much more easily now, but not muscle. Go figure... 😄

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can gain fat much more easily now, but not muscle.
Wish it was the other way around, as you got older fat came off easier and muscle came on easier.