On TRT (200mg/wk) and still ZER9 libido and ED issues

johnny666x

Awards
I have been on TRT for approximately 6 mo this now (the past 3 months I have been on 200mg / wk).

The box/script says inject once per week but I do it in half dosages twice per week to keep my blood level more consistent.

I still have ZERO libido and ED issues.

Has anyone had similar issues and can anyone offer any suggestions?

I have a dr appt to review my blood work today - in which my test levels were 1289 (total) and 207.5 (free). I am 43.

I am also on Anastrazole (2 pills a week which I do one on the day after each injection).

Any info, suggestions etc are greatly appreciated as I am frustrated as hell. I notice if I take a ton of yohimbe hcl then all seems to be okay (well, the yohimbe and liquid sildenafil).

I am also on thyroid medication for low thyroid

Thank you!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been on TRT for approximately 6 mo this now (the past 3 months I have been on 200mg / wk).

The box/script says inject once per week but I do it in half dosages twice per week to keep my blood level more consistent.

I have a dr appt to review my blood work today - in which my test levels were 1289 (total) and 207.5 (free). I am 43.

I am also on Anastrazole (2 pills a week which I do one on the day after each injection).

Any info, suggestions etc are greatly appreciated as I am frustrated as hell. I notice if I take a ton of yohimbe hcl then all seems to be okay (well, the yohimbe and liquid sildenafil).

Thank you!
200 mgs per week is too high to start out with on TRT. Normally 100 mgs per week is the starting dose. Assuming your T levels have the “normal” range like Lab Corp uses, then your total T and free T are too high. Also taking 2 mgs of adex a week is also way too much to start with. Without seeing the rest of your blood work, especially your T levels, then I could only assume you’ve crashed your E2 and / or your T levels are too high. More is not always better on TRT. But since you have thyroid issues, that could always come into play.

anton3196

Awards
try stopping anastrozole and lowering your dose to 100-150mg per week and give it few weeks... should help

Hooper

Awards
Subscribed. I'm 44 and my doc also started me on anastrozole 4 times a week and 200mg of test one time a week. I should get my test this week to get started. Let us know what you find out.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subscribed. I'm 44 and my doc also started me on anastrozole 4 times a week and 200mg of test one time a week. I should get my test this week to get started. Let us know what you find out.
That’s way too much anastrozole. You’ll crash your E2. That stuff is very potent. A good start is
.25 mgs per week. Get a pill cutter and quarter the tablet.

Hooper

Awards
Just checked mine are 1mg each and he has me take on Monday Tuesday Thursday and Friday

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just checked mine are 1mg each and he has me take on Monday Tuesday Thursday and Friday
Yeah 3 mgs is WAY TOO MUCH. .25 mgs, which is a quarter of a tablet, is what you should start with. It’s much easier to lower your E2 than it is to bring it up when you crash it.

Hooper

Awards
Thanks for the heads up on that I'll check with my doc when I'll talk to him at the end of the week.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Dr did not consider this ?
That’s scary

Hooper

Awards
Sorry for high jacking the thread. My test was 280 and my estradiol was 44. He and I talked about it being high and getting it down and controlling it. I am going to double check with him on it.

Hooper

Awards
Sorry for high jacking the thread. My test was 280 and my estradiol was 44. He and I talked about it being high and getting it down and controlling it. I am going to double check with him on it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dr did not consider this ?
That’s scary
whats scary is when people do what the doc says without evening questioning it or researching it for themselves. Its the thinking people did 70 years ago, and some still do it without question which is ignorant ith the internet now a days.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
E2 = libido! i wouldn't worry about 44... worry when nipples on fire, lol! look into daily or eod injections equaling your weekly total, *with no AI* - See stuff by Dr.s Rouzier, Kominiarek, Nichols, Sheehan, etc...

My E2 was the same with no AI but smaller, more frequent injections - as it was on 1mg/week anastrozole with 2x/week injections.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's scary how doctors and clinics are just giving patients AIs for no reason.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's scary how doctors and clinics are just giving patients AIs for no reason.
oh yes sir. but trt relatively new, so old things die hard. the no ai thing is really new - dr crisler (from main "known" guys) was last holdout. now, even he not too bad - he keep you at top of e2 range and always tested to make sure - none of this crazy "inject once and take 3 mg...see you in 6 months"! but he try no ai through *his* doc (dr. saya i believe, but don't quote) and right before death he message friend dr. nichols and say he now convert and will change all patients who respond well to smaller but more frequent injections to no ai. it work great for me - i stop ai in dec...blood draw last week... e2 still at 35 with *no* anastrozole. went from 90mg test w/.5mg a-zole 2x/week ---> 52mg eod with no ai... woot!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The no AI thing isn't new, many of us never used them and we've been on for many years. I think the AI thing came from the thought that estrogen of any amount was bad for men and it was blindly recommended, then the TRT clinics with their lack of knowledge and only driving force being money, just loaded up patients on whatever they could sell and it became a common TRT protocol. Never agreed with Dr Chrisler other than adding in pregnenolone, which was the best move I ever made.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take 140mg test per week, in two divided doses (70mg) each. I also take an AI, but only 1/4 of a 25mg exemestane pill per week is my dose, and that's it, once a week. And I'm horny horny horny

TheBigJS

TheBigJS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can only echo whst others have said, 100 (ish) mg pw, split into 2 if you want, no or very very low AI.
That's where to start TRT at. Vary up and down from there if you want.

200mg pw is a baby AAS cycle and cannot be run long term, 2 mgs of Adex pw is crazy talk.

Your endo is a fool.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My guess is also that you’ve possibly crashed your estrogen. When I first started trt (dose is supposed to be 150/week but im on 250/week more of a cruise dose than trt) i felt like my libido wasn’t that great Which had me super confused until I had a couple blood works while playing with my AI until I realised I didn’t even need an AI on 250 mg. Libido sky rocketed and I felt like a new man.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just wanted to chime in and say that test seems to affect us all differently. When i started blasting 500mg of test my libido increased from day 2 and was crazy about 10 days in.
Then it died and for the most of the blast it was pretty low, lots of the times lower than before test. I wqs taking 25mg of aromasin 2x week and bloodwork showed e2 at 24 pg/ml and at 27 pg/ml. I did let it rise higher at one point but it didnt affect my libido, it only ballooned my face.
Even adding masteron didnt improve libido at all, it just made me super aggressive in the gym, most of the time libido was down in the dumps and i was in a total warrior mode, sex was the last thing i was thinking about, all i wanted to do is crush the weights and look at my delts which were portruding more and more through the shirt, that "roid" look which we want to achieve lol. 75% of the time no morning wood and no randoms whatsoever (only in periods when libido was crazy).
I just loved the aggression. Got horrible anxiety and panic attacks from masteron also though.
But then right around the start of week 11 of the blast the libido returned and was crazy for 3, maybe 4 days and then it died again.

So there might be much more to libido than test, free test and e2.

Last edited:
Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^ Yup, exactly. I have a story of mine own as well. I once went on vacation with only enough test to last me the planned time abroad. Well I got stuck in that place for an extra couple weeks. I was a bit worried as I had no test/AI or even hydrocortisone (I treat my adrenals). For those extra 2 weeks, I'm sure my test must've bottomed out but my libido was crazy and I functioned fine. I believe libido to be strongly tied to dopamine, among other things. I'm almost certain that the increased dopamine/adrenaline from the stress of being stuck was the reason my libido actually spiked, even in the absence of normal test levels. I was nutting 3 times a day everyday during that time.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got some Proviron coming and was planning to run it for about a week at 100mg/day to harden up for some events i have coming up.
Will let you guys know whether it helped or not in the libido department.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Thank you!
sustain alpha has a mild AI effect, and a very nice libido effect.

I've been on trt a long time and have never needed a prescription AI for trt, even when I was on 200mg test cyp weekly.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got some Proviron coming and was planning to run it for about a week at 100mg/day to harden up for some events i have coming up.
Will let you guys know whether it helped or not in the libido department.
Ok, so 2 days in @ 50 mg/day (didnt have the guts to go immediately to 100) and apart from the anxiety and chest tightness (just like masteron, they both seem to cause me same psychological side effects), i must say that i feel prety good, my mood is definitely improved. No randoms or morning wood yet, but a small boost in libido is there.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i donkt know if my 2 cents will help, but i listened to some guys on here and pulled my E numbers down using some RC exemestane and began applying sustain alpha (4 pumps once a day) around that time and libido jumped up in a hurry. I also got some RC tadaf and would take 5 drops prior to workout... i didnt see the "pump" everyone raves about but i could feel its effects later on when out w a girl i am seeing.

hard to tell what compound did what but something helped my sitch
the libido boost from sustain alpha is for real...

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I kinda believe my prolactin is high but i am a cheap mfer and didnt want to pay extra to get it tested. I mean with 200mg of mast per week and 50mg of proviron per day libido should be high, right?
We will see what will happen when I am on trt dose for some time.

@LaserGoPewPew both times when my libido went crazy was when I decided to go harder on my aromasin and in the end ended up with crashed e (even though i stop aromasin when libido shot up). So it seems that my libido is only great in that short window of time when my e is low but not yet crashed.
To put this in perspective, my e2 naturally was 23 pg/ml. And on 500mg test with e2 being 24 and 27 libido was down in the dumps. Weird ehh?

Last edited:

mykeylykey

Awards

Thank you!

Bro, everyone's on the same frequency about your estrogen potentially being way too low.

We gotta keep in mind, amongst all of us, our bio-chemistry is different! Some dudes goose-up their TEST, immediately they start developing man-boobs with pink-puffies!

Other dudes will start growing a football for a prostate or lose all the friggin hair on their head!

On the flip, many others are the exact opposite, their bodies thrive on moderately-high estrogen levels . . . . . .

- elevated mood
- feeling of well being
- energy
- happy
- horny

There's a reason why women started replacing their hormones over 50+ yrs ago!

I'd strongly suggest, completely staying away from the anti-estrogen's for a weeks, see how you look and feel!

That's what the **** it's all about, do YOU! . . . . . how YOU look . . . . . how YOU feel

After a few weeks you're feeling strong and sexy, BOOM . . . . . you've hit the sweet spot!

On the flip, if look or feel a lil bit 'off', then like what the bro's on the board are saying, baby steps . . . . . .

Tiny taste of the anti-estro's . . . . . . tiny increments at a time!

Later on we can dial-in on goosing up your FREE-TEST!

Speaking from recent personal experience, beating down on our SHBG and freeing up some our bound-test, definitely makes a difference on our libido's . . . . . . Big Beautiful Boners! :)