On cycle cholesterol control.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Besides Cardarine and sterols. What’s the best supplement to take for cholesterol values while on cycle.
Of course diet, omega 3’s and dietary fiber are a must. I’m talking about supplementation. Cardarine works great but I’m getting more and more nervous about taking it for some reason.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use Berberine, Niacin and Co-Q10 in hopes that it will help my cholesterol.

Citrus Bergamot is supposed to be good also but I haven’t used it in a while, it’s a few other things also that should be good that I’m forgetting and a healthy diet of course.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Besides Cardarine and sterols. What’s the best supplement to take for cholesterol values while on cycle.
Of course diet, omega 3’s and dietary fiber are a must. I’m talking about supplementation. Cardarine works great but I’m getting more and more nervous about taking it for some reason.
niacin and ginger bro.

niacin is also an NDA precursor which I personally take for that reason but it is really effective for cholesterol.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I use Berberine, Niacin and Co-Q10 in hopes that it will help my cholesterol.

Citrus Bergamot is supposed to be good also but I haven’t used it in a while, it’s a few other things also that should be good that I’m forgetting and a healthy diet of course.
lol, I forgot about bergamot and I take it for exactly that reason 😂 MPMD guy talks about it a lot for cholesterol

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
it does on my oura ring 😂 apparently when I’m having some alone time I knock out approx 2,000 steps 👌
New 2021 challenge. We all strap our step counter to our arms and see who can masturbate the most miles
😂

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tamoxifen positively effects HDL. Also checking to see how certain compounds/dosages change your lab work. Overtime you may find that certain compounds have almost zero negative effect on your lipids while another compound just tanks them even with low doses. Yes we have a general idea which ones are harsher than others, orals trashing almost everyone who has ever bothered to check FME, but you might find that most inj. are "safe" to a certain dose. You don't really know without checking.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
androsterone!!!

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup, Niacin, Bergamot, and even Red Yeast Rice (from overseas) where they allow the natural Lovastatin (Monacolin-K).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Tell me more..... Androsterone helps with cholesterol?
research shows that it lowers cholesterol and mimics thyroid hormone....google androsterone and cholesterol.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yup, Niacin, Bergamot, and even Red Yeast Rice (from overseas) where they allow the natural Lovastatin (Monacolin-K).
Plant sterols are good as well

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t done it, because it’s a lot of work to actually be compliant, but Dante Trudel is big on adding a couple tbsp of ground flaxseed to meals/shakes twice a day. Extra fiber and omegas & he swears by it for people.

Pomegranate extract was shown in an Israeli study to lower arterial plaque by 30%. I now take it year round.

There isn’t really a lot you can take. Bergamot raises HDL a little. Sterols, niacin, garlic all can help a little.

6,000fu (3 caps) of Nattokinase was shown in studies to raise HDL significantly after a few months of use, but I only use a cap per day for antithrombosis/in lieu of baby aspirin and that dose doesn’t affect lipids in studies.

Big thing for atherosclerosis is you are taking K2 so your body can control calcium depositing intelligently, & D3 with it. ~200mcg & 5,000iu is a good dose for most of us.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for all the input guys. I’ll read up on a few of these things I’m not familiar with and figure out what all I’m going to take with this summers cycle. 👍

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nattokinase was shown in studies to raise HDL significantly after
Hyde, thank you for that excellent info. I just went ahead and researched (and bought) Nattokinase. I already take most supps mentioned (including Pom extract) but this one is new to me. I scored pretty high (500) on calcium scan 2 years back, so anything I do to help CVD, I do it. All my follow up tests showed no blockage and a 65% ejection fraction (which is like high-score in a video game) but I do want to try and do what I can. Looks like the statins Ive been taking since age 40 were just doing their job, calcifying the plaque before it can burst/rupture, which leads to blockages. (So, not all calcium scores are bad as some make they seem) but it does get you the follow up testing you need. (Eco-Stress, visual stress test, etc). I recommend anyone age 40 and above to get one done, only cost me 125.00 out of pocket and took 3 minutes...

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hyde, thank you for that excellent info. I just went ahead and researched (and bought) Nattokinase. I already take most supps mentioned (including Pom extract) but this one is new to me. I scored pretty high (500) on calcium scan 2 years back, so anything I do to help CVD, I do it. All my follow up tests showed no blockage and a 65% ejection fraction (which is like high-score in a video game) but I do want to try and do what I can. Looks like the statins Ive been taking since age 40 were just doing their job, calcifying the plaque before it can burst/rupture, which leads to blockages. (So, not all calcium scores are bad as some make they seem) but it does get you the follow up testing you need. (Eco-Stress, visual stress test, etc). I recommend anyone age 40 and above to get one done, only cost me 125.00 out of pocket and took 3 minutes...
Id guess that around half my 40 strong supplement stack came from info first received from Hyde 😂😂

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There’s a great meta-analysis if you Google Nattokinase PubMed that mentions the one study that did see significant lipid improvements at bigger doses. But the gist of it basically shows Nattokinase is unequivocally heart healthy, it’s very cheap, available, easy to use, and has no drawbacks like baby aspirin can - it’s totally eclipsed baby aspirin as a daily staple. One cap a day is pennies & will decrease bp slightly and stroke risk significantly.

Id guess that around half my 40 strong supplement stack came from info first received from Hyde
Just stuff I mainly heard about from Alex Kikel’s Beast Fitness Radio, or Dante Trudel’s IG, or secondhand from talking with some lighter pro strongmen at shows who were pushing things - they said they got half of their supplement advice from Andrew Triana, who now full circle is doing podcasts with Alex Kikel lol.

Cool thing is the info is out there so you can read the studies and decide if something makes sense for you or not.

I just wanna be jacked AND alive to watch my son grow up lol

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There’s a great meta-analysis if you Google Nattokinase PubMed that mentions the one study that did see significant lipid improvements at bigger doses. But the gist of it basically shows Nattokinase is unequivocally heart healthy, it’s very cheap, available, easy to use, and has no drawbacks like baby aspirin can - it’s totally eclipsed baby aspirin as a daily staple. One cap a day is pennies & will decrease bp slightly and stroke risk significantly.

Just stuff I mainly heard about from Alex Kikel’s Beast Fitness Radio, or Dante Trudel’s IG, or secondhand from talking with some lighter pro strongmen at shows who were pushing things - they said they got half of their supplement advice from Andrew Triana, who now full circle is doing podcasts with Alex Kikel lol.

Cool thing is the info is out there so you can read the studies and decide if something makes sense for you or not.

I just wanna be jacked AND alive to watch my son grow up lol
absolutely bro. No pretence some of my anabolic choices are very unhealthy but I do everything I can to mitigate.

in fairness lots of my stuff I first heard about from you but I’ve then heard about it on a podcast or in a book and then I’ve looked into it myself before adding to my supp list.

here’s one that you may already be onto but it’s gathering pace recently (I’m about to add it) and that’s spermadine - whilst anyone I’ve mentioned it to thinks this involves getting your girl to face sit you after you’ve nutted in her but it’s **** all to do with sperm. It’s heavily linked to longevity, mitochondrial health, cellular health and cognitive improvements in the elderly.

natto is actually a good source, wheat germ is another. The supplement is expensive but its possible to get via food pretty easily imo

Doorstepdaz

Doorstepdaz

Awards
People always forget about garlic powder. Lots of data showing vast cardiovascular benefits.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This may be controversial, but utilizing hcg should lower total cholesterol a bit, by utilizing it for steroidogenesis.

This may be one of the more important things, as cholesterol goes up when we get shut down as we dont use it for gonadal steroid production.

I am not running anything without hcg throughout anymore, for all kinds of benefits.

If i could choose between low hdl and low ldl and both high i would always go for the former.

So low fat diet plus hcg, plus trying to make dietary fat consist mostly of "healthy" fats.

Plus...high carb diets are pure awesomeness for performance...embrace the moonface.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
People always forget about garlic powder. Lots of data showing vast cardiovascular benefits.
now brand odorless garlic softgels is a staple.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not sure if I mentioned this. Plant sterols is what my wife uses for her cholesterol issues. That and red yeast rice.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think you should reconsider Red Yeast Rice, at least while you're on cycle. NOW makes a product called Red Omega and it has RYR, omega-3s, coq10.

Pantethine is another must.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Does anybody have any concern about red yeast acting like a statin and the negative effects of that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Does anybody have any concern about red yeast acting like a statin and the negative effects of that.
i thought the fda mandated that the active in red rice yeast be removed?

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i thought the fda mandated that the active in red rice yeast be removed?
Not sure, I know the active ingredient was the same found in a prescription cholesterol drug so that makes sense.

but if they removed the active ingredient what’s the point in taking it? 😂

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think you should reconsider Red Yeast Rice, at least while you're on cycle. NOW makes a product called Red Omega and it has RYR, omega-3s, coq10.

Pantethine is another must.

How much pantethine do you take? That is a very pricey supp at a month supply