On Cycle Calories & Macros

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
Hey, guys. I’m about to start my first cycle and would like to get your take on calories and macros. My only focus is bulking. I’m pretty experienced in keeping up with macros and caloric intake, but am wondering if I should be taking in even more calories on a cycle than just on a normal bulking cycle? Macro calculators don’t take in to account people on cycles. Also, should I be taking in more protein than on a normal bulking cycle? I’ve seen lots of guys take in 300-400g of protein, but that seems excessive to me. I know on gear, the body can synthesize more protein, but does that necessarily mean you should take in more than 1-2g per pound? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1.5g/lb is plenty, even on cycle. Keep the fats moderate an add carbs as needed. As far as calories, add as you go so youre gaining at the rate youwant.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
I always shoot for just 1.5g/lb as well, up to 2g is realistic though, especially with the some of the compounds out there. Take advantage of the increased protein synthesis.

Usually take in 290-320g p, 180-210g c, 80-100g of fat. I’m more on a maintenance than a bulk though. Would up the carbs a good bit for a bulk, with the majority of them being consumed for the day by the time I finished my post workout meal.