old testosterone ethanate looks gel like and slightly yellow : homebrew

Nutz

Nutz

Awards
I've got a stash of older test E powder from a certain place that likes bamboo a lot. its been stored in a slightly warm environment and has taken on a yellow, gel-like appearance. it worked very well for me previously, but what is the opinion on suspending it and using it now the physical properties seem to have changed? I have seen test in this state alluded to, but I can't seem to find anything now!

planning a homebrew suspension in MCT which worked well and got good bloodwork last time. Im more concerned about if its picked something up from the Chinese zip lock baggies than the compound itself.

as im out of the loop, I stupidly thought to try freezing it for an hour to see if it would recrystallize. am I right in thinking test is pretty hardy a hormone and ought to be ok,?

I need to use my brain more!

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think it is OK, and just melted, I would still try to use it. The bamboo lovers sent me the same during a summer and it showed up melted and still worked fine. Longer estered hormones tend to have lower melting points.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes i reckon it just melted. Test E has pretty low melting point and is one of small group of compounds that you can brew without any benzyl benzoate if conc is kept reasonable. Hell, pharma companies often time do it even without benzyl alcohol (in amps) but of course that is NOT recommended when it comes to the kitchen brewing most guys do and especially not with multi use vials. Always use benzyl alcohol.

I think it is best to keep it in the fridge wrapped with silica gel close by.