Old School gym equipment that people miss

dalexander

dalexander

Awards
As gyms change equipment changes especially among commercial places. I have been a member of about 15 different gyms in time in New England and noticed how equipment changes. What pieces of equipment do you guys not see as much and miss the most. For me Lying leg curl machine for hammys ..now it seems like every place has seated hamstring machines. Hack squat machines as well. Even a lot of commercial places have only slanted pullup bars instead of straight pull up bars....What else?

B

bboyflash

Awards
ARM blasters! And natulius machines, the oldschool ones with the bike chains lol

dalexander

dalexander

Awards
hahaha ya def arm blasters...ther is 1 gym in my hometown that still has the bike chains lol

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I really love my gym, and it just goes to show-we've still got lying leg curl machines and hack squat machines.

Id love to see a hyper extension machine thats at 90 degrees and not 45% or whatever they are these days.

T

Tuckdogg

Awards
The old pullover machine doesn't seem to be around too much anymore

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Id love to see a hyper extension machine thats at 90 degrees and not 45% or whatever they are these days.
I can't tell if you're talking about the glut ham raise or not, which was going to be my contribution to this thread (why don't all gyms have these?).

If you really mean a hyper with the padding being perpendicular to the floor, I would feel like that would be less difficult to do than the 45 degree hyper.