old man update

shealym

Awards
I had a knee replacement on 25 June and the first 3 weeks were filled with pain and sleepless nights! By the fourth week things started to change. I talked woth ageforce and got their hgh patch and a muscle repair and recovery patch as well as hgh patch. Within a couple of days I noticed much less pain and the swelling and bruising was greatly deminished. By the end of that week I was doing high box squats with body weight. Currently I am down to a 16 inch box and hope to get to 14" today (this would be 2" below paralell). I will also start deadlifts with bar from about 10" from floor. Without the help of ageforce I doubt seriously I would be this far into my rehab. I have used many of their patches and swear by them. Give them a look at ageforce.com or contact me at shealy713 Gmail.com if you have any questions. Oh, for those of you who are not familiar with me I am 63 and an 8 time world powerlifting champion. Good luck and stay strong!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Almost all total knees start to feel great at about 3 to 4 weeks post op.

made2last

Awards
And almost all total knees last about 20 yrs in sedentary ppl lol take it ez OP

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Shealym,

I have not had a knee replacement, but I ripped the tendons from my right knee to my thigh, and it took a chunk of bone with it. It required a 4 1/2 hour operation to repair it, yet it has never been the same since. That was a month after my 62nd birthday.

I noticed in January of this year you sent a couple of messages. I have not been around for nearly a couple of years, as I've had a very nasty form of cancer. I may start writing about it on here as it has been interesting to say the least. The cancer I have or has has a one in six survival rate over three years and I'm a year and a half since diagnoses, and I seem to be getting better. I just started getting back to working out at a fitness place yesterday.

Being in decent shape before the cancer has definitely helped me survive a horrible disease and with few of the usual symptoms, although some days I do still get some bad effects.

Let me know how your knee recovery works, and I would say after a few months to not take it too easy, but to test the possibilities.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
35 and Older 0
35 and Older 4
35 and Older 2
Powerlifting/Strongman 0
Training Forum 2