Old guy stacks

Robert124

Awards
For everyone over 50. What cycles have you done and what have you stopped doing? Are orals like anadrol and dbol not worth it? Is primo still ok? Just looking for opinions and experiences.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For everyone over 50. What cycles have you done and what have you stopped doing? Are orals like anadrol and dbol not worth it? Is primo still ok? Just looking for opinions and experiences.
When I was young in the 90s, I loved my Winstrol, dball, sustanon, finaplex (made into a home made transdermal). Now that I'm older, I stopped most of the orals ( i occasionally will pop some anavar), I like my test, masteron and the occasional npp addition. I'm mainly an injectable guy and low doses to boot.

Robert124

Awards
When I was young in the 90s, I loved my Winstrol, dball, sustanon, finaplex (made into a home made transdermal). Now that I'm older, I stopped most of the orals ( i occasionally will pop some anavar), I like my test, masteron and the occasional npp addition. I'm mainly an injectable guy and low doses to boot.
I guess you stop the orals because of liver toxicity? I’m mostly injecting too but still like the dbol but lower dosages. My injections are mostly test and deca. Low dosage

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Liver toxicity is not your first concern with orals or with anything actually! Cholesterol and your heart is! I strongly suggest you to avoid orals. Test,primo and EQ at a conservative dosage are all stuff that aren’t super toxic / harsh and that would suit you well. You could **** with some Masteron too but I would keep the dosage low. It’s quite harsher than people make it to be.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
44 here but beat to crap physically. My physique goals have changed dramatically after the last round of ruptured tendons and surgeries (4).

-TRT 20mg daily Test C/E with an insulin syringe
-Blast 30-50mg daily of combined Test and Anabolics (the ratios vary depending on goals)
-Stopped all orals besides low dose (10-15mg) D-bol and Proviron as they wreck my stomach and cholesterol for months
-I hate aromatase inhibitors due to the sides and don't need them doing daily injections

I take 400mg Humanofort daily too because my joint pain is lowered a lot on it. Doesn't make sense though.

Last edited:

Robert124

Awards
44 here but beat to crap physically. My physique goals have changed dramatically after the last round of ruptured tendons and surgeries (4).

-TRT 20mg daily Test C/E with an insulin syringe
-Blast 30-50mg daily of combined Test and Anabolics (the ratios vary depending on goals)
-Stopped all orals besides low dose (10-15mg) D-bol and Proviron as they wreck my stomach and cholesterol for months
-I hate aromatase inhibitors due to the sides and don't need them doing daily injections

I take 400mg Humanofort daily too because my joint pain is lowered a lot on it. Doesn't make sense though.
Your taking dbol and proviron low dose? I do that too. I can’t see to much of a risk if one doesn’t abuse it. 15mg dbol and 25mg proviron not taken for long periods should be good.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Only I don't use them all year. I cycle them for little boosts here and there.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I guess you stop the orals because of liver toxicity? I’m mostly injecting too but still like the dbol but lower dosages. My injections are mostly test and deca. Low dosage
Your liver will be fine. It's your heart you need to keep a eye on

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Booked marked to read later

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Can it affect the heart if you only take it occasionally?
All of these things affect your heart. I'm not saying it's going to give a heart attack, what I was getting at is the impact of steroids on your liver seems to be everyone's main concern, but liver impact is usually minimal and when elevated it quickly goes back to normal, given you don't have underlying medical conditions. The heart is just a bigger concern then the liver.

I'd be willing to bet the average American that eats like crap and don't exercise regularly will have a heart problem before a health and fitness minded person who dabbles with steroids here and there.

Robert124

Awards
All of these things affect your heart. I'm not saying it's going to give a heart attack, what I was getting at is the impact of steroids on your liver seems to be everyone's main concern, but liver impact is usually minimal and when elevated it quickly goes back to normal, given you don't have underlying medical conditions. The heart is just a bigger concern then the liver.

I'd be willing to bet the average American that eats like crap and don't exercise regularly will have a heart problem before a health and fitness minded person who dabbles with steroids here and there.
Probably because of the receptors in the heart. Plus elevated ldl levels.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Exactly my reason to not take orals after all, not liver, but CV system.

Despite me running some masteron with test and abusing the hell out of aromasin (e2 5 pg/ml fukkin moron, dont even ask why, never again) both my hdl and ldl were within normal range. No way they would be in range on orals.

From what i am seeing in people 40mg var or 20 mg dbol is enough to send values out of range.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How many pumps a day you doing
4 pumps

the problem is that most people who are heavy steroid users don't do a lot of cardio that gets the heart rate up for at least 30 minutes because they won't gain as much mass. i bet most heavy users wouldn't even be able to run at a moderate speed for 3 miles, even if they wanted to.

Robert124

Awards
4 pumps

the problem is that most people who are heavy steroid users don't do a lot of cardio that gets the heart rate up for at least 30 minutes because they won't gain as much mass. i bet most heavy users wouldn't even be able to run at a moderate speed for 3 miles, even if they wanted to.
I do my cardio. I’m not a heavy user. I’m looking more that boost. I can’t lift like the old days. I think an older person can still use some orals if they don’t take high dosages. I’m 54 and still good.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, I just thought it was time. I made the decision a couple of years ago. Hell, I'm 50, no need to go all out and risk my cardiovascular system. I always monitored my bloods but they don't tell the complete story. I had a coronary calcium scan a couple of years ago and scored just under 100. It's a low risk score but orals do not help with regression. I don't want to have an event in 5 years knowing it could have been prevented. And I would love to be as healthy as possible when my kids have kids.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I do my cardio. I’m not a heavy user. I’m looking more that boost. I can’t lift like the old days. I think an older person can still use some orals if they don’t take high dosages. I’m 54 and still good.
i agree, at 61 a month ago i ran 7 miles miles. usually i am in the 3-5 mile range at least 4-5 times a week. my heart is in very good shape, especially for my age.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No, I just thought it was time. I made the decision a couple of years ago. Hell, I'm 50, no need to go all out and risk my cardiovascular system. I always monitored my bloods but they don't tell the complete story. I had a coronary calcium scan a couple of years ago and scored just under 100. It's a low risk score but orals do not help with regression. I don't want to have an event in 5 years knowing it could have been prevented. And I would love to be as healthy as possible when my kids have kids.
Ya, bloods don't paint a real picture of how the hearts working, need a echocardiogram and stuff like that to know what's really going on.

I know a couple older guys that still love there dbol and anadrol. They seem fine, but then again, who knows

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya, bloods don't paint a real picture of how the hearts working, need a echocardiogram and stuff like that to know what's really going on.

I know a couple older guys that still love there dbol and anadrol. They seem fine, but then again, who knows
Yep, every year they hook me up. I had a stress test as well, good to go there as well.
I do miss pounding the food and lifting heavy but I'm 177 and fairly ripped still. My son is like 230 and strong as an ox.. it's tough to keep up with him.

Robert124

Awards

So true. I don’t look forward to getting an angiogram one day. Feel good but you never know.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So true. I don’t look forward to getting an angiogram one day. Feel good but you never know.
Get a coronary calcium scan. You can find a clinic in your area that performs the test. It costs like 100 bucks, takes 7 minutes and the information you get is invaluable. The more calcium you have, the higher risk you have for an event. I spent many years of my career in intracoronary diagnostics. The cac scan technology put companies like the one I worked for out of business.

Robert124

Awards
Get a coronary calcium scan. You can find a clinic in your area that performs the test. It costs like 100 bucks, takes 7 minutes and the information you get is invaluable. The more calcium you have, the higher risk you have for an event. I spent many years of my career in intracoronary diagnostics. The cac scan technology put companies like the one I worked for out of business.
Thanks I will look into it. They do have places in my area. Just googled it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Finplex & DMSO I remember those days !!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yep, every year they hook me up. I had a stress test as well, good to go there as well.
I do miss pounding the food and lifting heavy but I'm 177 and fairly ripped still. My son is like 230 and strong as an ox.. it's tough to keep up with him.
I did a all out dirty bulk earlier this year to hit some big bench numbers, I ate 4000cal a day. 3000 clean, 1000 from straight crap lol. It was fun, and I got my all time strongest. But I was out of breath walking up stairs, snoring like a chainsaw and not a pretty sight in the mirror lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I did a all out dirty bulk earlier this year to hit some big bench numbers, I ate 4000cal a day. 3000 clean, 1000 from straight crap lol. It was fun, and I got my all time strongest. But I was out of breath walking up stairs, snoring like a chainsaw and not a pretty sight in the mirror lol
everything in life is a trade off...of course there are exceptions to everything, but i've found this to be true in most cases.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
everything in life is a trade off...of course there are exceptions to everything, but i've found this to be true in most cases.
Ya but I want to be big and ripped and strong and set a pr every time I'm in the gym while eating whatever I want, no trade offs! lol

Now I'm dieting, got 2.75inches off my waist, dropped 20 lbs and lost about 30lbs on my max bench smh.

If anyone knows that magic recipe to get all the good with none of the bad pm me

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can I trade 10lbs of fat for 10lbs of muscle ??

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I try to keep my calories stable now. Whenever I did a bulk, I wouldn't let myself lose my abs. The minute I saw the blurriness take hold, I held the calories right there for the duration, usually no more than 10 weeks.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I try to keep my calories stable now. Whenever I did a bulk, I wouldn't let myself lose my abs. The minute I saw the blurriness take hold, I held the calories right there for the duration, usually no more than 10 weeks.
I like to do the same, but I had 6 weeks to get my bench from 330ish to 350 and win a bet. I knew I couldn't build muscle that fast so I just ate everything in sight and took a bunch of crap. I ended up getting 353. But I put on like 15lbs of pure fat and looked terrible

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like to do the same, but I had 6 weeks to get my bench from 330ish to 350 and win a bet. I knew I couldn't build muscle that fast so I just ate everything in sight and took a bunch of crap. I ended up getting 353. But I put on like 15lbs of pure fat and looked terrible
i double dog dare you works every time-eh? :)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i double dog dare you works every time-eh? :)
I can't say no to a bet or a challenge, like almost ever say no. I had the idea in my mind if I took a bunch of gear while doing it I won't get fat, oops

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can't say no to a bet or a challenge, like almost ever say no. I had the idea in my mind if I took a bunch of gear while doing it I won't get fat, oops
just like the kid in christmas story who gets his tongue stuck to flagpole...that wasn't you was it?:cool:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would have had my tongue stuck to that flagpole way longer, while doing a handstand!
lol...great movie, i laugh my ass off everytime i watch it even though i've seen it over a dozen times!!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
lol...great movie, i laugh my ass off everytime i watch it even though i've seen it over a dozen times!!!
My father had had that move on all day Christmas Eve since I was probably 5 years old. I bet I've seen it 500 times. A few years ago we got him the leg lamp for Christmas, last year we got him the pink bunny suit. It's probably the only pink item he has ever worn in his life

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My father had had that move on all day Christmas Eve since I was probably 5 years old. I bet I've seen it 500 times. A few years ago we got him the leg lamp for Christmas, last year we got him the pink bunny suit. It's probably the only pink item he has ever worn in his life
great post, lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A 67 year old man spending the entire day wearing a giant pink bunny onesie lol. I gotta find some pictures lol
i just need to make sure i am not drinking anything when i see those pics, i would be laughing so hard my drink would be coming out my nose, lol.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i just need to make sure i am not drinking anything when i see those pics, i would be laughing so hard my drink would be coming out my nose, lol.
This I would like to see !!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This I would like to see !!
lol...my son used to wait until i was drinking then do something to make me laugh just to watch my drink go thru my nose.:ROFLMAO:

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I powerlifted, my body fat % was always in the 15 to 16% range. I constantly ate but mainly clean. I went into power building and then bodybuilding. I like being 11% ish bf and looking young. Do I miss benching heavy, yes... Do i miss all the aches and pains, no way........