Ol sup3r shred

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any feed back guys? Was gonna do a nice order at nutriverse but wanted to see what the feedback is like?
Any comments aprreciated ?

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any comparisons to gw would be interesting too

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i doubt there will be any feedback for awhile since it was just released like a week ago

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
been taking it for 10 days now, nothing to report so far.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you used gw before bro?

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is what I don't know, but from what I have read, kinda in the lines of a natural gw i.e. Non chemical

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
been taking it for 10 days now, nothing to report so far.
Same here, with both of them I had nothing noticeable in terms of cardio capabilities. Weight so far is holding firm BUT I won't be the best/fairest gauge as I am doing a recomp eating at maintenance-250 and also using tr3st/dt. I am seeing mirror changes, will know more at next bf caliper reading in about 10 days.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Same here, with both of them I had nothing noticeable in terms of cardio capabilities. Weight so far is holding firm BUT I won't be the best/fairest gauge as I am doing a recomp eating at maintenance-250 and also using tr3st/dt. I am seeing mirror changes, will know more at next bf caliper reading in about 10 days.
If you're using trest there's literally no way to be able to show any results that can be attributed to the shr3d alone...

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
If you're using trest there's literally no way to be able to show any results that can be attributed to the shr3d alone...
Completely agree with you, I did forget one important detail though. I'm strictly keto and I check my status using a ketonix breathalyzer. The scale is 0 to 100, a 26 is what's considered to be the beginning of being in ketosis. When I measure my levels after coming home from the gym which is fasted first thing in the morning here's what I've been seeing:
Prior to gw typical reading of 15-20
On gw after a week 13-20
On gw 3 weeks 9-14
On Sup3r-Shred after a week 5-10
On Sup3r-Shred day 10 and 11(this morning and yesterday) 2-7 range

So something is causing me to burn up more ketones. Training has not changed. One thing to keep in mind I started the Sup3r-Shred on the last day of gw, not if that had any impact. I'm assuming since they're similar there's a chance the shred picked up right where the gw finished and so it didn't take time to build up.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's actually very interesting indeed, keep us updated on that. It does sound like the super shred is doin it's job...

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
That's actually very interesting indeed, keep us updated on that. It does sound like the super shred is doin it's job...
Agreed and I'll try to remember to provide an update in a week or so, if I forget someone please yell at me!

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will don't worry Btw how the hell did you end up with over 12000 rep when you have just under 50 more posts than me? I must be doing something wrong

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
I will don't worry Btw how the hell did you end up with over 12000 rep when you have just under 50 more posts than me? I must be doing something wrong
Wouldn't you like to know......... Maybe I'm just special

Also I only look at this on my phone so I couldn't even tell ya how many I got for doing dirty favors

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha you crack me up dude, and look, you've earned another 1000 rep since I wrote that message!!

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Interested in any feedback too as I am about to place an order into OL

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Although I'm a rep, I'm going to be running it soon. I'm currently doing a Tren/Test cycle so running it now would be trivial. I'll probably start in week 5 or 6 of PCT

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
So far nothing to report, 3 times a day with meals( two pills are the recommended dose), same training schedual same caloric intake...maybe it takes time to see results, let's wait and see!

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far nothing to report, 3 times a day with meals( two pills are the recommended dose), same training schedual same caloric intake...maybe it takes time to see results, let's wait and see!
try 2 caps pre-cardio for a week. Cardio has continuously gotten easier for me

mad dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes I am very interested also in comparison to GW and SR.....

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd love it to be true but i can't see it being or par with gw for performance enhancement, damn 20mg and half an hour later and I felt like I could run a marathon!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
And you don't want cardio to be easier if you're trying to lose fat.... unless you just want to have to do more of it for longer?

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
I'd love it to be true but i can't see it being or par with gw for performance enhancement, damn 20mg and half an hour later and I felt like I could run a marathon!
That's an effect that seems to be hit or miss, I never experienced that.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And you don't want cardio to be easier if you're trying to lose fat.... unless you just want to have to do more of it for longer?
That's oversimplifying things a bit, no? If your body is getting more efficient, whether due to your body learning patterns and becoming more efficient from a neuromuscular/skill standpoint, or a reduction in body weight, then yes, you'll burn less calories. However, there are other scenarios too...increasing endurance such that the athlete is able to generate greater output in a given amount of time as well as being able to work out for longer, for example.

Not to mention, there's probably a difference in mechanism behind increased endurance for training versus supplements that activate PPAR-delta (this is GW but still goes to show that increases in endurance are not all the same): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4421799/

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I for would rather be able to have more endurance ability, there's a massive steep hill next to my house About 5 miles long, I can't even power walk it without being out of breath, on gw I ace it running every time, yes I'm sweating like mad but when I've done it I feel like I can do it again, I'd much rather that than feel like death every time I finish it...

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
Silly question but can someone link me to or post label. I cant find super shr3d

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
That's oversimplifying things a bit, no? If your body is getting more efficient, whether due to your body learning patterns and becoming more efficient from a neuromuscular/skill standpoint, or a reduction in body weight, then yes, you'll burn less calories. However, there are other scenarios too...increasing endurance such that the athlete is able to generate greater output in a given amount of time as well as being able to work out for longer, for example.

Not to mention, there's probably a difference in mechanism behind increased endurance for training versus supplements that activate PPAR-delta (this is GW but still goes to show that increases in endurance are not all the same): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4421799/
I just know what pretty well known prep coaches tell physique athletes:

(I haven't re-listened to this, so I reserve the right to be wrong :D But I think this is the podcast that discusses not wanting to "get good" at cardio for physique athletes - obviously disregard if you play a sport, run, bike, Crossfit, etc...).

http://3dmusclejourney.com/podcast/34/

At any rate, since we are (again) tangentially discussing GW501516 - the study that set all the Lance Armstrong wanna-be's to seek out GW, is probably the 2008 one by Evans et al.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2706130/

Note that 5mg/Kg Mouse = ~38mg for a 200lb Human. So those 5, 10, 15, 20mg doses that people were taking of real GW, were HIGHLY questionable for effectiveness (and maybe why ~50% of the cyclists that tried it, said it sucked?). Hopefully they don't get cancer though.

As far a "Natural" GW... all the stuff I'm seeing is showing a 95% Ethanolic Extract given at 200mg/Kg in rats and mice. Since the KM Factor for each is either half or double, depending on which way you want to go, that equates to either ~1.5g - 3g of the extract for a 200lb Human. Of that, they have no idea what actually worked - but they mention 3.55% (of the 95% EE) being Dibromo-4-methoxybiphenyl.

So all a 200lb Human would need to attempt to replicate the Mouse and Rat data, is either 1.5g-3g of a 95% EE *OR* 53.25mg-106.5mg of Isolated Dibromo-4-methoxybiphenyl.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just know what pretty well known prep coaches tell physique athletes:

(I haven't re-listened to this, so I reserve the right to be wrong :D But I think this is the podcast that discusses not wanting to "get good" at cardio for physique athletes - obviously disregard if you play a sport, run, bike, Crossfit, etc...).

#34: All About Cardio

At any rate, since we are (again) tangentially discussing GW501516 - the study that set all the Lance Armstrong wanna-be's to seek out GW, is probably the 2008 one by Evans et al.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2706130/

Note that 5mg/Kg Mouse = ~38mg for a 200lb Human. So those 5, 10, 15, 20mg doses that people were taking of real GW, were HIGHLY questionable for effectiveness (and maybe why ~50% of the cyclists that tried it, said it sucked?). Hopefully they don't get cancer though.

As far a "Natural" GW... all the stuff I'm seeing is showing a 95% Ethanolic Extract given at 200mg/Kg in rats and mice. Since the KM Factor for each is either half or double, depending on which way you want to go, that equates to either ~1.5g - 3g of the extract for a 200lb Human. Of that, they have no idea what actually worked - but they mention 3.55% (of the 95% EE) being Dibromo-4-methoxybiphenyl.

So all a 200lb Human would need to attempt to replicate the Mouse and Rat data, is either 1.5g-3g of a 95% EE *OR* 53.25mg-106.5mg of Isolated Dibromo-4-methoxybiphenyl.
This guy is a legend!

I am going to try it and give my honest review

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It seems like a lot is taking it during a cycle. Might do that as well hmmm

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One week in to a 2 month run of super shred and while no noticed effects of endurance or fat loss yet I can most certainly state that I'm sweating way more when working out and the after burn. Seems promising

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seems like this product really fizzled out. I used it for two months 2 yrs ago now and really didn’t notice much besides a little extra sweating which could have been just from my normal training. There was talk of OL moving this to their normal line as it’s natural but haven’t heard a peep from them ever since. I’m surmising that they realized this didn’t do much and probably are dropping it. Just my two cents, anyone from OL can certainly chime in.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used it on a cut and actually really liked it, wish OL did move it to their normal line. The only thing I noticed was increased sweating too, but that made cardio more satisfying.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In the 2017-2018 season, I had two wrestlers use this. Both lost weight, one almost 3kgs. Both were already lean and very experienced at cutting weight. Performance metrics did not seem to suffer despite weight loss. Admittedly, this is all anecdotal and very well could have been placebo. But overall happy with the outcome.

This was a good product because it was not a stimulant and was not on the WADA banned list. While it is possible OL discontinued based on lack of results, my guess is lack of sales. On this last point, in my opinion consumers of weight loss products generally want one of two things: appetite suppression or strong CNS stimulation. This product had neither. I’m afraid many gave up on it too soon.

Conversely, I might be a sucker for good marketing ;-)