OL Ostar1ne Log/Notes (includes PCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I'm already in week 2, but I thought I'd log it since this can give others an idea of what to expect:

Olympus Labs Ostar1ne - 30mg for 6 weeks

This is the second time I'm running Ostar1ne from OL. The first was pulsed for four weeks during the anabolic rebound of Lyle McDonald's UD2. For those unfamiliar, this portion of the program was 48 hours of overeating/supercompensation. First dose was 20mg Thursday evening and the last was Saturday morning. This was the first time attempting anything hormonal, so I didn't know what to expect. Increased glycogen utilization was apparent because I had woken up much fuller Saturday and Sunday and I had not changed anything in my carb load. By the second week I had noticed slight strength increases.

The program I will be following for this cycle is Kelly Baggett's No BS Muscle Building. It is 11 days of eating 300-500 over maintenance, proceeded by 3.5 days of a PSMF diet coupled with 1-2 glycogen depletion workouts and cardio.

Cardio will be incorporated 2-3 days out of the week during days 1-10 in the form of Lyle McDonalds's SFLP 2. Theoretically, it should burn more fat than glycogen thus making it ideal for the lean gain phase.

Meals will be comprised of starchy, low-medium GI carbs (oatmeal, potatoes, brown rice, legumes), lean proteins and healthy fats. MCTs will be incorporated intermittently, but most fats will be egg/egg yolks, fish/fish oil, whole milk (sparingly), full-fat meat (on rest days) and nuts (on rest days). A cheat meal will be thrown in either post workout or the night before a heavy lifting day.

Nutrition is mostly protein and fats in the morning and afternoon (depending on fat allotment for the day) and carbs + protein pre and post workout.

Diet:
2600 on high cal workout days - high carb + protein / low fat
2600 on high cal rest days - medium carb + fat / high protein
1000-1200 on low cal - low + fat / high protein

Other supps:
Sodium Bicarbonate - 20 grams - 90 minutes pre-workout
EP1C - 1 cap off day/2 caps pre-workout
***Note: It's the not the full bottle, so I will run out probably around week 3.***
Forskolin 60%
***Note: I have been taking this for the past 4 weeks for thyroid function. I did a 10 day 50mcg T3 experiment, so it's better to be safe than sorry.***
Multi
NOW Fish Oil - 3 grams total epa+dha
Tyrosine -2.25 grams pre-workout
TMG - 2.5-3 grams pre-workout
Caffeine + Theanine - 400-500+800-1000mg pre-workout
Agmatine - 1 gram morning + evening
Antaeus Labs Thunderbolt - 3 caps pre-workout on days 1-10
***Note: this is mainly to enhance any pumps that might result from Ostar1ne. I have taken this on workout days since early July, so I know what to expect***
iForce KNO3 - 3-4 caps on for depletion/cardio only
Albuterol - 9-8mg/20-28mg on days 11-14 or pre-cardio on days 1-10

PCT:
Torem 120/90/60/0
Aromasin 12.5/12.5/12.5/12.5
OG Anabeta Elite 6/6/4/4
Na-DAA 6/6/3/3
Soy Lecithing + Arachidonic Acid

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Review and Random Notes

[subbed for review]

Summary of Random Notes
Ostarine has an interesting effect on insulin and glucose clearance/tolerance. I have been able to put down 200 grams of CHO post workout like its nothing. Usually I'm lethargic, but in the past two weeks I've been very energized after eating.

Day 1
30 mg in the morning. Nothing to report.
Workout was tough, but that was because I had taken 9 days off to strategically de-condition myself.
Day 4
Warning: ostarine will make you one hungry mother****er. I piled through 1/3 tub of turkey hill natural vanilla ice cream and joe joe cookies from tjoes.
Day 5
Upper body - great workout. Probably from all the carbs and sugar. Bloated in the morning, and it stayed throughout the day, but feeling that big helped with the lifts. No strength PRs, but volume PRs were there.
Day 8
Mix of upper and lower. Deadlifted for last exercise. Aggression was up and felt like a beast. 265x4x8. Trying to get this up. We'll see where we're at in 5 more weeks.
Day 10
Great leg session. 235x3x6 for squats, 225x3x20 for smith machine calf press. Veins were about to burst. No Thunderbolt pre-workout. This is all ostarine. Pounded bag 4 full cups of pasta and half pound of chicken post workout. Feeling very vascular.
Current Stats as of 10/06/2014:
151 lbs @ 8%bf glycogen depleted state
155 lbs @ 8.3-8.4% bf with glycogen

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Subbed. Good info so far.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Day 12

Depletion workout this morning. 1.2 grams of niacin pre workout to induce glycogen oxidation.
25mg of Ostarine this morning. ***Cutting the dose for half-maintenance days because 30mg makes me too hungry.***
Did 3/4 of my total sets and felt great. Ready to finish it tomorrow morning.
Half-maintenance cals today. Feels crappy. I think I might be entering ketosis. Haven't checked the keto stix yet.
Albuterol at 18mg today. Feeling focused.
I barely ate at work because I forgot my food scale at home.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Subed

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Welcome sir

In and taking notes for my LGD-4033 run in January.
How's EP1C treating you?
I've been taking epicatechin on and off since the beginning of July with myosynergy and with EP1C since about August.

I've noticed increased endurance and work capacity -similar to BA almost.

It's a very versatile ingredient and can be used regardless of goals.

Since it has poor bioavailability, dose two caps pre workout with carbs or fats. I dose it with pre workout shake of dex and hydro whey.

Next time I run ep1c, I want to try with hbcd to see if I get a more pronounced effect.

Also, here's some info you might want on LGD: http://www.ergo-log.com/lgd-4033-in-web-shops-authentic-tb-500-is-not.html

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
This solidifies my observation on insulin resistance and glucose tolerance:

GTx Announces Ostarine Improved Insulin Resistance among Elderly Patients in a Recently Completed Phase II Clinical Trial
MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 17, 2007 - GTx, Inc. (NASDAQ: GTXI) announced today that data from a recently conducted Phase II Ostarine(TM) clinical trial of 60 elderly men and 60 postmenopausal women revealed that insulin and glucose levels were reduced and insulin resistance was improved among subjects receiving the 3 mg dose of Ostarine compared to baseline. These observations were even more pronounced among a subset of prediabetic subjects.
Data from the Phase II clinical trial of Ostarine are being highlighted at the GTx Analyst Day meeting being held today from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Loews Regency Hotel in New York City. During the meeting, GTx also will provide information about its clinical development plans and commercialization strategy for Ostarine, the company's first-in-class selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM).

In the three month Phase II clinical trial in which patients with diabetes or obesity (BMI greater than 30) were excluded, subjects treated with Ostarine 3 mg (n=23) had on average an 11% decline in fasting blood glucose (p less than 0.001), a 17.6% reduction in insulin levels (p=0.043), and a 26.8% reduction in insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) (p=0.037), when compared to their baseline measurements. Improvements in insulin resistance were more apparent among a small subset of prediabetic (fasting blood glucose of 100 - 125 mg/dL) patients (n=5) treated with Ostarine 3 mg in whom the mean fasting blood glucose declined by 17.4%, insulin levels reduced by 29.4%, and insulin resistance decreased by 41.3%.

Improvements in insulin resistance among subjects receiving the 3 mg dose provide additional supporting evidence of the anabolic activity of Ostarine. The resulting changes in body composition (increased muscle and decreased fat) with Ostarine treatment appear to have a beneficial impact on insulin resistance. These data compare favorably with results of clinical trials using FDA approved diabetic drugs in a prediabetic population. For example, in a one year study (the DREAM study), prediabetic patients taking rosiglitazone 8 mg evidenced a decline in fasting blood glucose of 9% from their baseline measurements (Lancet, 2006). Similarly, in prediabetic patients taking glipizide 2.5 mg for 6 months, the mean fasting blood glucose decreased by 4 percent, insulin declined by 17%, and insulin resistance reduced by 35% (Erikson JG et al, 2006). In prediabetic patients taking metformin 1.7 g for 16 weeks, fasting blood glucose declined by 6%, insulin decreased by 29%, and the calculated insulin resistance decreased by approximately 39% (Bulcao C et al, 2007).

"The data from our Phase II clinical trial provide more evidence that Ostarine is having the desired anabolic effect," said Ronald A. Morton, Jr, MD, Chief Medical Officer of GTx. "By increasing muscle and decreasing fat, Ostarine appears to improve levels of glucose and insulin and to reduce insulin resistance. These data suggest Ostarine may have a beneficial impact on prediabetic conditions and potentially diabetes, which, if validated in later studies, could provide the basis for our seeking expanded indications for Ostarine."

"It would be clinically meaningful and exciting if Ostarine is shown to have an effect of similar magnitude in chronic kidney disease patients where diabetes and prediabetes are highly prevalent," said T. Alp Ikizler, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.

GTx is planning to initiate a Phase IIb clinical trial evaluating Ostarine for the treatment of chronic kidney disease muscle wasting by the end of the year 2007. Diabetes is a highly prevalent comorbidity among patients with chronic kidney disease. Nearly one half of treated Stage 3 and 4 chronic kidney disease patients are diabetic, and the majority of remaining patients are prediabetic. Testing Ostarine in this population will allow GTx to gather additional information about the effect of Ostarine on glucose, insulin and insulin resistance in diabetics or people at risk for diabetes.

About GTx

GTx, headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of small molecules that selectively target hormone pathways to treat cancer, osteoporosis and bone loss, muscle wasting and other serious medical conditions. GTx is developing ACAPODENE(R) (toremifene citrate), a selective estrogen receptor modulator, or SERM, in two separate clinical programs in men: first, a pivotal Phase III clinical trial for the treatment of serious side effects of androgen deprivation therapy for advanced prostate cancer, and second, a pivotal Phase III clinical trial for the prevention of prostate cancer in high risk men with high grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia, or PIN. GTx has licensed to Ipsen Limited exclusive rights in Europe to develop and commercialize ACAPODENE(R). GTx also is developing Ostarine(TM), a first-in-class selective androgen receptor modulator, or SARM. GTx plans to initiate a Phase IIb Ostarine(TM) clinical trial for cancer cachexia by the summer of 2007. GTx plans to initiate a Phase IIb Ostarine(TM) clinical trial for the treatment of chronic kidney disease and end stage renal disease muscle wasting by the end of 2007. GTx believes that Ostarine(TM) also has the potential to treat a variety of other indications associated with muscle wasting and bone loss, including sarcopenia and osteoporosis.

Forward-Looking Information is Subject to Risk and Uncertainty

This press release contains forward-looking statements based upon GTx's current expectations. Forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. GTx's actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of these risks and uncertainties, which include, without limitation, the risks that (i) GTx will not be able to commercialize its product candidates if clinical trials do not demonstrate safety and efficacy in humans; (ii) GTx may not able to obtain required regulatory approvals to commercialize its product candidates; (iii) GTx's clinical trials may not be initiated and/or completed on schedule, or at all, or may otherwise be suspended or terminated; and (iv) GTx could utilize its available cash resources sooner than it currently expects and may be unable to raise capital when needed, which would force GTx to delay, reduce or eliminate its product development programs or commercialization efforts. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which apply only as of the date of this press release. GTx's annual report on form 10-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") on March 9, 2007, contains under the heading "Risk Factors," a more comprehensive description of these and other risks to which GTx is subject. GTx expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect any change in its expectations with regard thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statements are based.

Contact

GTx, Inc.
McDavid Stilwell, 901-523-9700
Director, Corporate Communications & Financial Analysis

Posted: April 2007

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

Second depletion workout. 1.5 grams of niacin pre-workout. Way more trashed than yesterday.
9mg albuterol post workout. Going to wait at least an 80 minutes before eating.
25mg of ostarine is holding up well. No hunger pangs like at 30mg, but still feel good and aggressive and no loss of muscle so far (visually speaking).
Albuterol + ostarine makes is definitely a good combo for muscle preservation on an extreme cut. Did 1000 calories yesterday. Hit 180 grams of protein and called it a night.
Can't wait to go back to gaining. Might even jack it up 3000 cals to see what this baby can do.

For those following, how do you feel about a cheat meal while bulking? And by this I mean moving away from the brown rice + chicken routine and having a burger + fries and ice cream.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I am for them as long as you are not getting ready to compete in the next 5 weeks, but a cheat meal once a week is good for you

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I am for them as long as you are not getting ready to compete in the next 5 weeks, but a cheat meal once a week is good for you
It's tough sticking the same old proats/chicken+rice routine.

I used to schedule my cheats post workout, but I think I might start doing them the night before a difficult session and then go in fasted the following morning.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
More energy but there are ways to spice up your food without "cheating" Fish lean beef pork lots of grain options and the amount of seasonings that you can use will make you a master chief lol

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
More energy but there are ways to spice up your food without "cheating" Fish lean beef pork lots of grain options and the amount of seasonings that you can use will make you a master chief lol
Totally. I just try and limit the olive oil usage which then makes food a little dry sometimes.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Day 14

25mg Ostarine.
Pre-fasted LISS cardio: 9mg albuterol + 18mg yohimbine + 60mg forskolin + 2grams ALCAR + 2 episodes of Archer :D
Nothing new to report. PSMF is holding, but I can't wait for tomorrow's carb load.
Changing up diet as per this study: http://suppversity.blogspot.de/2012/03/if-you-go-high-carb-you-better-go.html
That's 875 carbs per day, about 110 grams of protein and 44 grams of fat. I'll bump the protein up to 210 grams of protein to take advantage of ostarine's effect on MPS and keep fat just a little lower.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good stuff in here. In my second week of Ostar1ne and EP1C stack.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Day 15

Morning update:
Weight: 152.4, bf: 8.5
On Thursday I was 164. I love depletion :D
So far I've gained about 1-1.5lbs from ostarine. It could be water or poop, but so far I'm counting that as a win.

Forgot to dose ostarine this morning. Going to dose it pre workout at around 3pm. Feels crappy, but whatever.
Going back up to 30mg.
Raised cals up to 4436. Let's see what two weeks of extreme cals can do.
Fat will be less than 46 grams per day.
Protein will be at 190-230.
Carbs will be at 800, but I doubt I'll hit this everyday.
This is as per the study linked above.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That article about the massive carb loads for short term bulking is crazy. Are you gonna trial run it?

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
That article about the massive carb loads for short term bulking is crazy. Are you gonna trial run it?
Aye sir.

Going to load on 1100 between post workout tonight and tomorrow night. Then dropping it down to 800 everyday.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Aye sir. Going to load on 1100 between post workout tonight and tomorrow night. Then dropping it down to 800 everyday.
Dammmmmmnnnn ha. Let us know how you feel.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Day 15 Update

Dosed 30mg Ostarine at 3pm.
3:20pm - 23 grams sodium bicarb **this sh!t will make you bloated but make you one strong mother***er. Plus the poop you'll take afterward is glorious***
For some reason I napped at 3:30 shortly after the osta + bicarb dose. First time for me. It could be that I was just tired from last night or the 3mg of ketotifen that knocked me out last night. Who knows...
4:20 - pre workout cocktail.
No albuterol pre-workout.

Full body workout today to deplete just a little more + get whole body mRNA expression going.
Had about 60 grams of intra-carbs (dex + sucrose) w/2 scoops Intrabolic and managed to power through my session. Felt like a beast.
Shoulder is still wonky but feeling better.
Mind-muslce connection is getting stronger. Flat bench and close grip pulldowns in particular were amazing.
Nothing to report other than filling out nicely from the added carbs.

As of 9:30pm I've already downed 300 grams and need to do about 800 more tomorrow.

Anecdotally, I'll say that psychologically I did not like missing my dose. I felt something missing around 1pm and couldn't wait to get home to take it; which has me thinking that it hasn't built up in my system yet or ostarine has a very short clearance time meaning that it will not build up at all. I'll need to research this.

Brb... going to stuff myself with pumpkin poptarts @_@

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Pumpkin pop tarts are the shiit. Going out to look for gingerbread ones later this week.

Just a side note, pop tarts have enough fat to add up pretty quick, what are you keeping your fats at during your 1100 load?

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Pumpkin pop tarts are the shiit. Going out to look for gingerbread ones later this week.

Just a side note, pop tarts have enough fat to add up pretty quick, what are you keeping your fats at during your 1100 load?
They have gingerbread!?!?!??

And no more than thirty. I've done carbloads like this with ud2 so I allow myself a junky dessert and the rest is potatoes/pasta/rice/cereal/skim milk and 99% lean turkey or chicken tender breasts. With this, I've never gone past 25. So in this case it's poptarts. Other times it's been ice cream. It's just a nice break/reward for sticking it out through the depletion which is just mentally and physically draining.

Hot with some vanilla ice cream!
I'll have to look into that.

If anything I'd crush it up over some ice cream. Trader Joe's makes amazing vanilla ice cream.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
They have gingerbread!?!?!?? And no more than thirty. I've done carbloads like this with ud2 so I allow myself a junky dessert and the rest is potatoes/pasta/rice/cereal/skim milk and 99% lean turkey or chicken tender breasts. With this, I've never gone past 25. So in this case it's poptarts. Other times it's been ice cream. It's just a nice break/reward for sticking it out through the depletion which is just mentally and physically draining. I'll have to look into that. If anything I'd crush it up over some ice cream. Trader Joe's makes amazing vanilla ice cream.
Ya gingerbread and sugar cookie are the winter flavors. I've had sugar cookie before and it's amazing but haven't found gb before. Gonna look hard this year.

That's what I figured about the fats. It's nice to have some "fun" foods to enjoy.

You should try to find some good frozen yogurt. It's usually pretty low in fat and would make for an awesome carb filled treat. There's a bunch of places by me that even list out the macros at the store so you know exactly what you're getting since you weigh it anyways.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Ya gingerbread and sugar cookie are the winter flavors. I've had sugar cookie before and it's amazing but haven't found gb before. Gonna look hard this year.

That's what I figured about the fats. It's nice to have some "fun" foods to enjoy.

You should try to find some good frozen yogurt. It's usually pretty low in fat and would make for an awesome carb filled treat. There's a bunch of places by me that even list out the macros at the store so you know exactly what you're getting since you weigh it anyways.
I gotta try the gingerbread bread as well. Plus the seasonal ones come in those awesome 8+4 boxes and with all the preservatives they're bound to last through this ebolapocalypse :D

Where are you located? If you have trader Joe's by you, look into this:

Zero fat 17 grams of carbs (16 being sugar), but no hfcs, all natural and super delicious. Sprinkle some granola and you're in guilt free country.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I gotta try the gingerbread bread as well. Plus the seasonal ones come in those awesome 8+4 boxes and with all the preservatives they're bound to last through this ebolapocalypse :D Where are you located? If you have trader Joe's by you, look into this: Zero fat 17 grams of carbs (16 being sugar), but no hfcs, all natural and super delicious. Sprinkle some granola and you're in guilt free country.
Oh man love me some tj's. Been crushing their pumpkin joes o's lately.

Around me (pittsburgh) all the seasonal flavors only come in 16 packs ha. Not complaining.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Day 16

30mg Ostarine at 8am
Technically between 8am and 3pm there will be 60mg of ostarine in my system. I don't notice anything different. Then again, this an extremely short time period so I wasn't expecting anything.
Woke up dry, veiny and lean.
Carb load is going well. Plowed through a huge bowl of cereral this morning, 2 cups of milk and some french bread. Lunch is mainly a whole bag of penne and grilled chicken. Dinner will most likely be brown rice and some protein.
Loading with 20 grams of creatine today to increase glycogen synthesis.
Feeling full and ready to take on the next few days of lifting. 4 x 6-8 is the rep scheme this cycle. Let's see what happens.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Late but subbed. Just started Ostar1ne yesterday at 20 mg. Gonna play around with 25-30 in the weeks to come. Also thinking about adding dermacrine (and if I do, formeron as well). Interested to see how this treats you!

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Late but subbed. Just started Ostar1ne yesterday at 20 mg. Gonna play around with 25-30 in the weeks to come. Also thinking about adding dermacrine (and if I do, formeron as well). Interested to see how this treats you!
Welcome!

If you've never ran it, try 20. 20 is subtle, but 30 is money. Plus there's no need for derma. Maybe Forma, but osta doesn't need a test base. It feels great just by itself ;)

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Well how do you expect me to only run 20 when 30 is money?! Haha, no I'm gonna take it slow and see how it goes. Thanks for the derma advice. I'll save it and probably hold off on the forma to get some of the estro related joint help.

Looking forward to following along as you continue to kill it!

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Well how do you expect me to only run 20 when 30 is money?! Haha, no I'm gonna take it slow and see how it goes. Thanks for the derma advice. I'll save it and probably hold off on the forma to get some of the estro related joint help.

Looking forward to following along as you continue to kill it!
Thanks bro!

And yeah, you don't want to crush estrogen while on this. It really helps with joint lubrication. Everything just feels buttery smooth.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
in for support, science, and our mutual love for Lyle

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
oh and you like Poptarts? Then i'm definitely in! Bob's sending me Pumpin Pie, GingerBread and Sugar Cookie since i can't find them by me :( Trading him Trader Joe's goodies :)

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
in for support, science, and our mutual love for Lyle
oh and you like Poptarts? Then i'm definitely in! Bob's sending me Pumpin Pie, GingerBread and Sugar Cookie since i can't find them by me :( Trading him Trader Joe's goodies :)
Thanks, man! The pumpkin pie is definitely up there. Definitely top 3 for me, right behind maple brown sugar and smores.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Loving Smores. cCCCD is my favorite right now

Curious if you've ran other AAS/PH to compare to the high Osta dose? Not sure if you've mentioned it or not

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Loving Smores. cCCCD is my favorite right now

Curious if you've ran other AAS/PH to compare to the high Osta dose? Not sure if you've mentioned it or not
During the summer I ran Iron Legion's 11-KT. I didn't do a log, and I wrote a rough review, but never submitted it because I thought it was too harsh. This was also my first PH.

I didn't like it very much. I ran it at 13-14% bf, my training and diet weren't as locked in and I think I expected too much from it. I'd run it again, but probably stack it.

I really want to try a dry PH like Halo or msten -something that will provide lean gains without bloat. I was looking at OL tr1umph, but it seems to be more of a hardener than anything.

Last year I bought lg science's 1-andro, epi-andro, and 17 pro andro during the thanksgiving sale at nutri-verse. I have yet to use them and I might just sell to a buddy since they seem to be too weak/underdosed.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
11-KT Review

Iron Legion 11-Keto Review:

From May 28th, 2014 to July 9th, 2014, I administered 1.5-2.0ml of Iron Legion’s 11-ketosterone transdermally.

From the feedback on Anabolicminds and ProhormoneForum, I was expecting a drastic decline in adipose tissue, cortisol, acquisition of lean body mass and an increase in strength and angiogenesis. First released by Patrick Arnold as a limited production run, 11-ketotestone (11-KT) should act as a recomposition agent –which shrinks adipocytes while increasing lean tissue.

Iron Legion makes the following claims about their product:
11-KT is active without conversion, is incapable of aromatization, and activates the androgen receptor as strongly as testosterone.
11-KT is also a strong and selective inhibitor of the reductase activity of 11β-HSD1, meaning that it reduces cortisol levels in fat tissue and in the liver. High levels of cortisol in those tissues are associated with a number of symptoms of ‘metabolic syndrome’, like increased hepatic glucose production, adipocyte differentiation, central obesity, and insulin resistance.

Terms:

Aromatization: (in the context of estrogen) Aromatase is an enzyme responsible in the biosynthesis of estrogen. When subjecting the body to exogenous hormones, aromatization must be considered. 11-KT cannot aromatize and therefore cannot exert estrogenic side effects: primarily gynecomastia.

Cortisol: A steroid hormone released by the adrenal glands as a result of stress. Any form of exercise increases cortisol concentrations. Cortisol by itself is catabolic (muscle wasting) and when unchecked can hamper the production of muscle tissue.

11β-HSD1: (11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1) is an enzyme expressed in key metabolic tissues including liver, adipose tissue, and the central nervous system. Reduction of cortisol via this enzyme may reduce fat and allow the acquisition of muscle tissue, via central nervous system stimulation; simply allowing the trainee to lift and train with more volume and weight. Inhibition of this enzyme will NOT inherently build muscle.

To the fitness and physique enthusiast, 11-KT appears magical. Coupled with the fact that it requires a simple post cycle therapy consisting of D-Aspartic Acid (to stimulate HPTA) and an Aromatase Inhibitor (think: PES Erase/Lecheek AD-3 PCT) who would not want to give this product a try?

First, the product is marketed incorrectly. It can be used during a weight reduction phase, and mileage will vary depending on the subject’s body fat percentage. But where this product will really shine is during a lean mass acquisition phase, with calories slightly above maintenance, a volume-based training regimen while stacked with another prohormone. The driest prohormone with the least amount of side-effects would be a 1-DHEA based product. On the safer side, a selective-androgen-receptor-modulator (SARM) such as Ostarine might be even safer. However, the main point is that this must be used in conjunction with another compound and a caloric surplus or it won’t be of much use.

Second, because it is a prohormone, it is not something to be taken lightly. It does not need cycle support, but a proper post cycle therapy protocol must be in place before beginning the cycle. Because of the low risks, I fear users will jump right in without taking precaution. This is a prohormone and should be treated as such. Online supplement stores need to make a profit, as does IL, but these needs to be catered to a much more seasoned crowd.

Third, as a result of its light nature, it’s not as potent and therefore most users shy away. It might seem counterintuitive, but the average gym rat wants results as fast as possible. This will not do that. Instead, this product prays on the insecurities of the average gym goer and as such is marketed more towards the testosterone-boosting crowd and those that want to remain “natural.”

The list goes on, but IL should be more responsible given that they’re operating in un-regulated waters.

Patrick Arnold re-released this product as 11-OXO in pill form as a “bridge” to combat cortisol during the post cycle phase. Rises in cortisol are common as the body tries to resume natural androgen production. This cortisol increase can hamper further gains and can even negate those brought on by the cycle. In this scenario, 11-OXO makes sense.

Aside: 11-OXO (Androst-4-ene-3,11,17trione) metabolizes into 11-KT, thus 11-KT exerts a stronger effect.

I employed 11-KT during a cutting phase and used ECA in conjunction. ECA inherently raises cortisol therefore stacking the two made sense. At the beginning of the cycle I was 13.9% body fat and at the end I was 13.3% while maintaining a weight of 156. That means during the six weeks, I lost a pound of fat and gained a pound of muscle. With my diet not being as focused as possible, I’d call that a win. My only gripe is that this recomposition ended after ten days. That’s it. 1 pound lost and gained in 10 days. After those 10 days, the calipers showed no sign of fat lost nor muscle gained.

During these 10 days I was ravenous, ate till I felt full, experienced no bloat as a result, lost an inch of my waist and became more vascular. These side-effects diminished greatly, and in the subsequent weeks there weren’t any more positives to report on.

The negatives of the compound were an equal trade off to its positives. During the 6 weeks I was lethargic for most of the day and had some slight irritability. This compound isn’t supposed to shut down natural androgen function, so perhaps my body was/is too sensitive to handle it. The lethargy was only apparent in the beginning of the third week and lasted till the end of the cycle. This was while adhering to the standard 3 times a day dosage of ECA. As a result of my lethargy, I ate more and therefore the compound could not exert any of its fat reducing properties.

It negatively affected my sleep as well. During the cycle, I suffered from restless sleep and some nights could not fall asleep till the early morning. This affected my work and my social life. Once administration of the compound ceased, these negative symptoms disappeared.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
damn that is rough lol

MSten from what i gather is pretty harsh. Have yet to dabble, but like watching and learning from these logs. One day perhaps.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I ran halo (h-drol) a few years back with decent results. Added about 3-4 lbs LBM during a 6 week cycle. However, my nutrition and training weren't very on point at the time. If you are looking for dry gains, people seem to love epistane. I was torn between halo and epi for my first run, as both are pretty mild. I think epi provides more strength along with the gains. You might want to look into OL Ep15stane.

Your love of pop tarts tells me you're a wise bro, so if you do run halo or epi in the future, make sure you have proper cycle support and a solid pct set up before the run!

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I ran halo (h-drol) a few years back with decent results. Added about 3-4 lbs LBM during a 6 week cycle. However, my nutrition and training weren't very on point at the time. If you are looking for dry gains, people seem to love epistane. I was torn between halo and epi for my first run, as both are pretty mild. I think epi provides more strength along with the gains. You might want to look into OL Ep15stane.

Your love of pop tarts tells me you're a wise bro, so if you do run halo or epi in the future, make sure you have proper cycle support and a solid pct set up before the run!
Haha of course, of course.

As for SERMS, check this out and make sure to stock up ;)

http://romanoroberts.com.mx/fda-approved-selective-estrogen-receptor-modulators-inhibit-ebola-virus-infection-study/

I get mine from pinnacle. They're standup gentlebros.

The Engineer, clear pms bruh
Done and done.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Haha of course, of course.

As for SERMS, check this out and make sure to stock up ;)

http://romanoroberts.com.mx/fda-approved-selective-estrogen-receptor-modulators-inhibit-ebola-virus-infection-study/

I get mine from pinnacle. They're standup gentlebros.

Done and done.
Bro, I guess I should have mentioned, I have been on Clomid (50mg eod) for TRT for about 1.5 years! Doc put me on clomid for now, instead of test, to maintain fertility while my wife and I are trying to have kids. So, basically, what I'm gathering from this is that I am invincible! It's science!

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Day 17

Heavy Leg Day -
Warning: don't go past 0.3mg/kg of sodium bicarb! My workout was delayed a good 20 minutes because we had... technical difficulties :toilet:
45 min pre workout - pre workout cocktail
Intra workout - 45g dex + 15g sucros + 2.5 scoops watermelon amino IV
4x6 full ROM squats - parallel stance/ass to grass - 235 (it's low I know)
4x6 RDL to shrug - last set was 195x7
Calf press - 5x5 with 5 second hold - 90 sec rest - 680lbs
Close stance squat - ass to grass, legs don't separate - 95x20

Besides the discomfort before the session, it was great. Intensity was up and focus was spot on.
Shoulder was acting up a little bit during squats so I just widened my grip and all was well.

Post workout meal:
208 grams grilled chicken
225 grams whole wheat linguine
130 grams pasta sauce
30 grams fat free free feta
Total kcals: 1008
Macros: fat: 7, net carbs: 141, protein: 78

Status
Not open for further replies.