OL Essentials Ashwagandha

GreenMachineX

Well-known member
The directions on this say to take 4-8 caps a day. That seems like a lot when you total up the withanolides. Is anyone dosing this at the 6-8 cap range? What do you notice? When do you take it? Right now I'm taking 4 a day (1 @ wake up, breakfast, lunch and dinner).
 
The directions on this say to take 4-8 caps a day. That seems like a lot when you total up the withanolides. Is anyone dosing this at the 6-8 cap range? What do you notice? When do you take it? Right now I'm taking 4 a day (1 @ wake up, breakfast, lunch and dinner).
I'm not an OL rep, but the full 8 caps should provide you with 75mg/day withanolides, and 4 would provide you with 37.5mg/day withanolides. Many studies on ashwagandha, for many uses, use 30mg/day withanolides, so the 4 caps is just a bit more than that dose, which is definitely effective, but studies have used as much as 100mg/day withanolides, which means that even at 8 caps you're still good to go with a dose within the safe/tested/studied range. I've used various extracts, from 1.5-5%, and tend to stay at around 30mg/day, but there's nothing wrong with going higher. I prefer to just take the 30mg/day at night, as sometimes it can be calming (potentially a bit too calming for some people), but this can be countered for many people by taking it with some caffeine or other stimulants. Many studies split the total daily dose into two equal servings, so that's always another option you can go with.

Hope that helps :)
 
The directions on this say to take 4-8 caps a day. That seems like a lot when you total up the withanolides. Is anyone dosing this at the 6-8 cap range? What do you notice? When do you take it? Right now I'm taking 4 a day (1 @ wake up, breakfast, lunch and dinner).

How many mg of withanolides is in it.
 
There's so much good data on ashwagandha it's nearly a staple for me. I've used ksm66 as well, don't really notice a difference.
 
Would it be OK for females too, full or half dose?

Yep, absolutely has benefits for women. I love ashwagandha and use it regularly. Use the same dose as with men, so I'd start at 4, see how that treats her, then increase to a higher dose later on for comparison purposes and decide whether the increased cost of a higher dose is worth it for her.
 
Yep, absolutely has benefits for women. I love ashwagandha and use it regularly. Use the same dose as with men, so I'd start at 4, see how that treats her, then increase to a higher dose later on for comparison purposes and decide whether the increased cost of a higher dose is worth it for her.
Thanks for the info, I'll tell her to begin with 4 caps and we'll take it from there.
 
Back
Top