Odd lab results

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been on TRT for about 7 years and labs have always been where I and the doc have expected, but just went and got labs as part of 6 month check and they were considerably higher than expected for some reason. I inject 120mg weekly and last injected on Thursday, so I was about 4.5 days in and normally my levels would be around 800 for a trough of 650ish. My labs just came in and were at 1096, so 300 higher than they usually are. Nothing has changed, other than opening a new vial and this being the first pull from it.

Any experts on here know if there can be settling or other changes as the bottle is new? Been doing this for a very long time, so you'd think I would have run into this if it were the case.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been on TRT for about 7 years and labs have always been where I and the doc have expected, but just went and got labs as part of 6 month check and they were considerably higher than expected for some reason. I inject 120mg weekly and last injected on Thursday, so I was about 4.5 days in and normally my levels would be around 800 for a trough of 650ish. My labs just came in and were at 1096, so 300 higher than they usually are. Nothing has changed, other than opening a new vial and this being the first pull from it.

Any experts on here know if there can be settling or other changes as the bottle is new? Been doing this for a very long time, so you'd think I would have run into this if it were the case.
You are on doctor prescribed TRT so I’m assuming your test was compounded at a pharmacy, correct? What was your doctor’s explanation?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If the vial contents are to blame Id be more inclined to think youve been given a higher concentration rather than "settling". I can see settling with a suspension but not where the compound has been dissolved; if there is settling with a solution then it should be visibly crashed (cloudy, and/or flecks of compound in the oil).

What do your bloods read when you do your 300mg blast?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's the same Watson bottle I have always received, we don't work with compound pharmacies for male TRT. He did not have an explanation, he just stated that he wanted to make sure we watch it and note any other changes to supplements, timing, and dose.