Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

adneybradyxz

Awards
hi

its very important to eat healthy food. they are included lots of vitamin and minrals

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a question, not sure iam in the right place . Ok so , today was a rest day but i ate my normal amounts of foods . I heard somewhere that what i ate today will effect how well my lifts go tomorrow. Fact or fiction and why?
Fiction unless of course you ate at Red Lobster and got food poisoning. Then you bet your ripe buns your lifts will be effected the next day because the only lifting you'll be doing is your ass from the toilet

momof10

Awards
Can anyone help me with something? I'm a vegan and I also started weightlifting. Can I stay vegan and be a bodybuilder? Is it possible to bulk up on a vegan diet? I'm even considering going back to vegetarianism. Any thoughts?

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
How do I track how many calories I burn when I’m working out and how could I know for example how many calories are in a steak, which come in different sizes? So much margin for error I don’t see how people can create an accurate deficit

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get a scale.
This ×2

Weigh/measure portions.
Use app like MFP, LoseIt, Fitbit etc to track

For me going out to eat is hardest. I'm in sales, and our sales VP takes us out to lunch 4-5 times per week. I have to get creative with ordering and use my fitness pal to find closest match. He doesn't like chains, mostly local spots that offer no nutritional info.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This ×2

Weigh/measure portions.
Use app like MFP, LoseIt, Fitbit etc to track

For me going out to eat is hardest. I'm in sales, and our sales VP takes us out to lunch 4-5 times per week. I have to get creative with ordering and use my fitness pal to find closest match. He doesn't like chains, mostly local spots that offer no nutritional info.
How does that work, are you typing in all the options before ordering?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does that work, are you typing in all the options before ordering?
When I get back to office I'll start entering..

There are so many entries, you can typically find a close match. It's not 100% accurate, however with more and more use you can figure it out. Anything with barcode you can easily track. If you feel like you might be over based on guessing, you can add in little cardio to offset the overage.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I would never get to the point of counting calories or macros like that, I was just curious how you do it because it sounds like a pain. I guess that's why I follow IF, because I am all about convenience. :)

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
Low carbs, high fat/protein + green drink in the morning is all I need

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Helpful reading! Everything is covered already!