November Men’s Physique Preparation progress

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Don't write yourself off so quick. I think a little more size and balancing things out will make a big difference. Plus I have a feeling your doing this because you genuinely like it, I mean no1 stays as lean as you do on accident and I wouldn't think you would put so much work into something you don't like doing. Keep working on it. We're never satisfied with how we look so you mine as well enjoy the neverending process
God bless man

I agree and hopefully I can take it further. Do love it man, I truly do lol. Love everything about the sport. Never complain about the training , or diet. Manipulating the body through this is enjoyable. I love the challenge and seeing what you can accomplish, as well.

However, f*ck cardio. Lol, I am sorry, but the cardio sucks . Again, I wouldn't do it if I didn't love the positive effects it brings.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
God bless man

I agree and hopefully I can take it further. Do love it man, I truly do lol. Love everything about the sport. Never complain about the training , or diet. Manipulating the body through this is enjoyable. I love the challenge and seeing what you can accomplish, as well.

However, f*ck cardio. Lol, I am sorry, but the cardio sucks . Again, I wouldn't do it if I didn't love the positive effects it brings.
Dude, find a form of cardio you like, just cus you need 30min or whatever of cardio doesn't mean you gotta do it on a treadmill.
Jump rope, hit a punching bag, ride a bike, go swimming or kayaking or hiking. Obviously you can't do that all the time but I'd bet if you switched 2 cardio sessions per week with something you enjoy doing that's also taxing you would feel better. I do zero cardio on a treadmill. For steady state cardio I go for walks, hiking, bike rides or use a eliptical.
For high intensity cardio I jump rope, hit a heavy bag or play basketball (there's a court not far from my house and usually you can squeeze into a pick up game)

Now I only do 3-4 cardio sessions a week most of the time but I honestly don't ever even think of it as cardio any more

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
By the way, when I take a lot of time off boxing, when I start back up with the bag work I notice within a few weeks my shoulders and arms get bigger. I assume there's a bunch of little muscles getting worked that don't normally get worked

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Smont I’ve just always used the treadmill , so I worry about switching anything lol. But yes , that is true. I could try something different. Definitely love taking long walks and notice I can go the same amount of time on the treadmill / longer without even realizing . Would like to try hiking because it seems very fun.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I got a question, how lean do you need to be for men's physique? Like I know open bodybuilding they want guys like 4-5% shredded to the bone but how bout your division. I can't imagine you need to cut too much

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got a question, how lean do you need to be for men's physique? Like I know open bodybuilding they want guys like 4-5% shredded to the bone but how bout your division. I can't imagine you need to cut too much
Probably not as at my last show some dudes were 10+ lol. I just like to come in very conditioned and tbh , I feel just about ready so its more so maintenance at this point

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Probably not as at my last show some dudes were 10+ lol. I just like to come in very conditioned and tbh , I feel just about ready so its more so maintenance at this point
That's what I was thinking, I've seen people say that got basically penalized for coming in too shredded at men's physique. You look like you could probably get a tan and step on stage now

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Those shots were post 300 grams of carbs