Not sure if taking to much

larbear1203

Awards
Ok new here i am starting my routine I am taking prework out during the work out i am taking a bcaa after workout i am taking a whey protein powder and before bed glutamine. So my goal is to build muscle while loosing fat. I am also counting macro nutrient my current set up is 25% carbs 118g 35%protein 176g 49%fat 84g .is this a good plan any help welcomed

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
need more details e.g such as age, gender, weight and height and possibly bodyfat.

macros are different for everyone so without those details no one can provide further info.

also how many years training, after 2-3 years it can be more difficult to re-comp build muscle and lose fat and takes longer than choosing one goal e.g i rather to bulk or lean bulk and then cut due to the results in muscle gain or fat loss being faster.

larbear1203

Awards
33 make 231 pounds 5,10 I am going to say high with the body fat. Just started to get back into training it has been many many years

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
25% carbs 118g 35%protein 176g 49%fat 84g

118g carbs 4kcal per gram = 472Kcal

176g protein 4kcal per gram = 704Kcal

84g fat 9Kcal per gram = 756Kcal

Totals come out at @ 1932 Kcal that is quite low for your size. doing a basic calculation a rough guide for your BMR, base metabolic rate which is calories your body needs to maintain weight without moving e.g. if you were to just lay in bed all day comes out at around 2169 Kcal , your macro nutrients come out lower.
to figure out calories based on your activity level you can multiple your BMR number calories by the following:
If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

then for cutting i would start with a reduction of 500 calories below your maintenance level after calculating, and aim to loose 1lb or fat per week.

for a more aggressive cut you can go -750- 1000 calories below maintenance for 2lbs of fat loss per week but is harder due to larger deficit.

for recomping e.g. building muscle and loosing fat you could use maintenance level of calories required or go slightly under e.g. 100-200 calories to allow for more fat loss.

for lean bulking i would recommend going over your maintenance level by 200-300 calories. to allow for 1/2 to 1lb gain in weight each week.

hope this covers details for caloric requirements on losing fat, gaining muscle or your goal of recomping, which is losing fat and building muscle.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd ditch the glutamine. Also protein timing is not that important so you can take it any time in order to help meet your daily protein requirement. I'd also just try to pick one goal, either lose fat or build muscle, instead of trying to do both simultaneously.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
25% carbs 118g 35%protein 176g 49%fat 84g

118g carbs 4kcal per gram = 472Kcal

176g protein 4kcal per gram = 704Kcal

84g fat 9Kcal per gram = 756Kcal

Totals come out at @ 1932 Kcal that is quite low for your size. doing a basic calculation a rough guide for your BMR, base metabolic rate which is calories your body needs to maintain weight without moving e.g. if you were to just lay in bed all day comes out at around 2169 Kcal , your macro nutrients come out lower.
to figure out calories based on your activity level you can multiple your BMR number calories by the following:
If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

then for cutting i would start with a reduction of 500 calories below your maintenance level after calculating, and aim to loose 1lb or fat per week.

for a more aggressive cut you can go -750- 1000 calories below maintenance for 2lbs of fat loss per week but is harder due to larger deficit.

for recomping e.g. building muscle and loosing fat you could use maintenance level of calories required or go slightly under e.g. 100-200 calories to allow for more fat loss.

for lean bulking i would recommend going over your maintenance level by 200-300 calories. to allow for 1/2 to 1lb gain in weight each week.

hope this covers details for caloric requirements on losing fat, gaining muscle or your goal of recomping, which is losing fat and building muscle.
This is solid advice. In addition, I would supplement with an ergogenic aid, such as PowerMax XT. There is nothing "sexy" about this product. It is simply a product with ingredients that work together to boost performance, recovery and strength. It contains several staple supplements such as creatine and betaine. I would also drop the glutamine as it is usually not absorbed in the intestine, which negates the recovery benefit. Instead, PowerMax XT uses l alanyl l-glutamine which goes straight to the intestines and then delivered in the blood stream, increasing recovery.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I honestly think you will get much more benefit taking your whey protein before or after your workout. Take some Casein before bed.