Nootropics and personal experiences?

autiger4

autiger4

Awards
Have any of you guys tried nootropics? If so which ones did you like and how did they effect you? I currently have been taking Alpha-GPC and Lion's mane and feel like they're working but also a little worried it is just a placebo effect. I'd like to hear you guys' experiences too.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Adrafinil has been the most potent for me. Keep in mind it is a step away from Modafinil.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Now I think I need a bottle lol, haven't used it in a while.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely a potent product.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have any of you guys tried nootropics? If so which ones did you like and how did they effect you? I currently have been taking Alpha-GPC and Lion's mane and feel like they're working but also a little worried it is just a placebo effect. I'd like to hear you guys' experiences too.
Alpha-GPC and lion's mane are both solid nootropics, assuming they're properly dosed and the lion's mane is quality. So I wouldn't say it's placebo if you're using them properly. That said, you can add some more things to optimize your stack and get the most benefits out of your nootropic stack.

Some people have mentioned Adrafinil, which can be useful for wakefulness (I prefer other -finils, but that's a different discussion), but it's arguable that it's more of a wakefulness promoting drug than a nootropic, and I personally wouldn't take any -finil daily.

As for nootropics that you can use more often and/or daily:

-A racetam (piracetam or aniracetam) or Noopept goes well with a choline source (like Alpha-GPC or Choline).
-An AChE-I (like huperzine, galantamine, or sage) also goes well with choline and racetams

My daily nootropic is NootropiMax. It contains a full/effective dose of CDP-Choline (which, along with Alpha-GPC, is a premium choline source), huperzine-A (which also increases acetylcholine, just in a different way than a choline source), and Noopept, as well as bacopa (which can improve memory when taken daily for a few weeks, and may also help reduce anxiety), and sceletium (which can also improve mood and reduce stress/anxiety). Not to mention it also contains caffeine and several synergistic ingredients that help bring out the benefits of caffeine while minimizing any negatives. The theanine promotes a calm focused energy, the ornithine helps potentiate the duration of caffeine's effects, and the Theacrine provides additional energy that isn't subject to the same tolerance as caffeine, and is itself potentiated by being taken with caffeine.

I just took some now. :)

Gcrewhcp

Gcrewhcp

Awards
Azoth and Total Energy have worked very well for me. My work days are 18 hours long and it can be brutal staying focused with minimal sleep. Total Energy is my favorite to help me get me thru the day. Its very mild but effective. Also, their owner, Prady, is very customer service oriented.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ve only used a handful amount. Mostly back in the day. Most recent was nootropimax for a few days to see how I tolerated the dose(s). Generally put me in a way better mood throughout the day.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alpha-GPC is good stuff, not only from a focus standpoint, but also for strength as well. That is one reason why VasoMax contains it. Alpha-GPC is great to add to a non stim product. I use various nootropics on the days I do not use stims and they treat me pretty well on those non stim days. When I use them with stims, focus is even better than it would be with just the stim product. Here is good information on Alpha-GPC:

Athletes for whom strength or speed is important can boost their chance of success by taking 600 mg alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine [abbreviated to alpha-GPC] for six days before a competition. Sports scientists at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in the US discovered that this results in a three-percent increase in strength.
http://www.ergo-log.com/alpha-gpc-strength.html

A-GPC is effective at increasing lower body force production after 6 days of supplementation. Sport performance coaches can consider adding A-GPC to the diet of speed and power athletes to enhance muscle performance.
https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-015-0103-x

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Look for products containing caffeine, theacrine, Hup A, L theanine, and Alpha GPC. My favorite combo to get me going. There should be a reformulated Focus XT by SNS comin out soon that looks very nice

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look for products containing caffeine, theacrine, Hup A, L theanine, and Alpha GPC. My favorite combo to get me going. There should be a reformulated Focus XT by SNS comin out soon that looks very nice
NootropiMax contains caffeine, theanine, Theacrine, huperzine, and CDP-Choline (as opposed to Alpha-GPC), and some other ingredients like Noopept, bacopa, and Sceletium.

New Focus XT? Should be interesting.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
True ^ I was a big fan of nootropimax

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nootropimax is incredible pre workout....Closest thing to Dmaa I’ve tried and NO CRASH

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nootropimax is incredible pre workout....Closest thing to Dmaa I’ve tried and NO CRASH
Yes sir. For a low stim day, I will use one cap of NootropiMax with VasoMax as a PWO.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Focus XT has been my go to for years. I've tried most others, but I still keep going back to it.

It gets better with time and continual usage

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Alpha-GPC and lion's mane are both solid nootropics, assuming they're properly dosed and the lion's mane is quality. So I wouldn't say it's placebo if you're using them properly. That said, you can add some more things to optimize your stack and get the most benefits out of your nootropic stack.

Some people have mentioned Adrafinil, which can be useful for wakefulness (I prefer other -finils, but that's a different discussion), but it's arguable that it's more of a wakefulness promoting drug than a nootropic, and I personally wouldn't take any -finil daily.

As for nootropics that you can use more often and/or daily:

-A racetam (piracetam or aniracetam) or Noopept goes well with a choline source (like Alpha-GPC or Choline).
-An AChE-I (like huperzine, galantamine, or sage) also goes well with choline and racetams

My daily nootropic is NootropiMax. It contains a full/effective dose of CDP-Choline (which, along with Alpha-GPC, is a premium choline source), huperzine-A (which also increases acetylcholine, just in a different way than a choline source), and Noopept, as well as bacopa (which can improve memory when taken daily for a few weeks, and may also help reduce anxiety), and sceletium (which can also improve mood and reduce stress/anxiety). Not to mention it also contains caffeine and several synergistic ingredients that help bring out the benefits of caffeine while minimizing any negatives. The theanine promotes a calm focused energy, the ornithine helps potentiate the duration of caffeine's effects, and the Theacrine provides additional energy that isn't subject to the same tolerance as caffeine, and is itself potentiated by being taken with caffeine.

I just took some now. :)
whats a good brand of galantamine now?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whats a good brand of galantamine now?
It seems to be sort of difficult to find at times; I'm not currently aware of a good source ATM, as I haven't really had a need to look for one; if I want an AChE-I, I just use huperzine or sage, which are both much, much easier to find, more affordable, and the research indicates that they are at least as effective, if not more so.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Flmodifinil is definitely potent as hell. Easier on your liver than adrafinil but you do have to go the research market.

Huperzine A at 100mg is my favorite for normal use. Completely in the zone and no sides. Moda-analogous products leave me totally worn out the next day. YMMV with anything, DMAE doesn’t have much effect on me and bulk choline doses seem to backfire on me

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ill throw in Taurine here. 3grams and am wired ready to go.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
The brand Life Enhancement sells a product called Galantamind that contains galantamine and choline.
Kinda looks shady..you sure it's legit?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Flmodifinil is definitely potent as hell. Easier on your liver than adrafinil but you do have to go the research market.
I believe I have found a legit source for Flmodifinil….I have adrafinil on hand atm. thinking about picking up a small amount though - would you say the FL is more potent than the adraf?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe I have found a legit source for Flmodifinil….I have adrafinil on hand atm. thinking about picking up a small amount though - would you say the FL is more potent than the adraf?
I can say that based on my experience, it is.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can say that based on my experience, it is.
And it is just a "wakeful" feeling, correct? Is there a mood boost or euphoric feeling that accompanies this? I tried adrafinil a couple times and got absolutely nothing from it @ 300mgs....but I was in a very strange head space at the time and really need to try it again to give it a fair shake. These products would be invaluable to have in my rotation if it DID in fact make you a little "happy."

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And it is just a "wakeful" feeling, correct? Is there a mood boost or euphoric feeling that accompanies this? I tried adrafinil a couple times and got absolutely nothing from it @ 300mgs....but I was in a very strange head space at the time and really need to try it again to give it a fair shake. These products would be invaluable to have in my rotation if it DID in fact make you a little "happy."
I noticed nothing much at all from Adrafinil, so I haven't used it much. When I use flmodafinil (which is rare), I have it with a little caffeine and maybe some other nootropics like huperzine, choline, racetams, etc, and I find I can sit at my computer and work for hours straight without interruption. IMO, it's not for euphoria/mood at all, but purely for getting a lot of work done in as little time as possible. Not for mood/euphoria/socializing at all IMO.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kinda looks shady..you sure it's legit?
Yes. They're a pretty well-known/popular brand (not as much now as they were 5-10 years ago though). You can find their stuff (including the galantamind) on many of the big, online retailers.

dsm1

Awards
This is probably a stupid question, but...what are the dosing protocols for Huperzine A? I've seen daily doses listed in mcg's like 50-200 mcg per day. You guys are talking about 10 - 100 MG per dose.

Thanks Y'all

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is probably a stupid question, but...what are the dosing protocols for Huperzine A? I've seen daily doses listed in mcg's like 50-200 mcg per day. You guys are talking about 10 - 100 MG per dose.

Thanks Y'all
Anyone talking about MG is talking about something like a 1% or 10% extract. You absolutely do not want 10-100mg huperzine. You want 100-200mcg of actual huperzine.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Adrafinil has been the most potent for me. Keep in mind it is a step away from Modafinil.
This....Adrafinil is the sh*t, within 45 min I can go from sleeping to alert/focused ready to do the job at hand. Good good stuff. No moronic psychodellic side effects like some research has shown...at least not with me, just a great feeling of alertness, attentiveness, etc.

adaghma

adaghma

Awards
KSM 66 powder
i must say this does wonders for me. I take it when am extremely stressed out or about to burst, it acts right away you feel a sudden drop in stress and good calm feeling not to mention gains libido and overall well being
Brand is ND and it costs about 10 dollars for 30 grams
Dose is 600 mg once or twice a day

( i also tried ashwagandha pills but it did nothing for me, when it comes to ashwagandha i firmly believe the extracts "KSM 66 or Sensoril" are the best way to go)