Non stim energy booster

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
Hey guys I am coming off 4 months on various thermogenics and stimulant cycles and figure it's time to cycle off for a couple weeks . So now I'm going off the thermos , preworkouts , coffee and all. The only problem is I work a hard labour job and don't want my work and gym performance to suffer. Any recommendations for a non stimulant energy boost supplement? Thanks

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No non stim is going to give you energy.

A few ingredients can aid in focus

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
Yeah eh , what kind of ingredients , like nootropics you mean ?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you trying to go Caffeine free as well?

Here's a little but of info from the NootropiMax thread. NootropiMax is a nootropic with caffiene.

I don't see anything wrong with daily caffeine, within reason of course. It's always a good idea to take a stim-break every so often, but you'll want to take a break from NootropiMax every so often as well, so it's possible to cycle off both at the same time. I recommend taking NootropiMax daily, as some of the ingredients really shine after a few weeks of daily use, like bacopa, but even other ingredients that have acute effects may work better with continued use. With that said, it will still have acute effects, and it doesn't have to be taken every day.

I personally think that some people exaggerate the "downsides/negatives/etc" of moderate daily/consistent caffeine intake. Of course, you don't want to be stimmed out of your mind all the time, and people often have a bad tendency to keep increasing their caffeine intake instead of taking a break, but if you can manage to keep your caffeine intake to a reasonable level, it's a different story. I've recently lowered my daily stimulant intake to about 400mg a day or a bit less. You're looking at close to 250mg/day (approximate, it's an easier number to do math with) from NootropiMax, and then maybe another 100-150mg/day another time in the day, depending on my schedule and what I'm doing. Some days NootropiMax will be my only source of caffeine, perhaps if I'm just working out (I'll take it with a stim-free PWO), or just studying/working and not going to the gym, and sometimes I'll take the NootropiMax before studying/classes/work/etc, and then 100-150mg of caffeine (coffee or caffeine pills with stim-free PWO, or just a low-stim PWO) before my workout. Another option is to split the dose of NootropiMax, taking half of it at one time, perhaps before working/studying/etc, and then the other half later in the day, perhaps before a workout, and maybe add a little more caffeine/coffee/low-stim or stim-free PWO to it.

Actually, there is research that suggests moderate daily caffeine consumption (coffee, tea, etc, so not just coffee) is associated with less cognitive decline in elderly people.

Here are some interesting excerpts from the texts of relevant studies/papers:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20182054

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2929398/

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you trying to go Caffeine free as well?

Here's a little but of info from the NootropiMax thread. NootropiMax is a nootropic with caffiene.
Read the OP post partner.

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
Ok I'll google search some. How about stim free pwo ? Probably just as good to just take some bcaa before the gym ?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I'll google search some. How about stim free pwo ? Probably just as good to just take some bcaa before the gym ?
PEScience High volume for stim free pre-workout.
He said even coffee, but didn't 100% rule out caffeine. Not many people go 100% caffeine free.
Well if he stated no thermos, no pres, coffee (all caffeine), I would imagine he meant no stims at all dude.

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
Some nootropics that MIGHT help you are NOOPEPT or NA SEMAX for focus, motivation and energy.There is also Phenylpiracetam and adrafinil but these are both STIMULATING nootropics.

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
Yeah I meant no caffeine at all, just for a couple weeks . Thanks for the help guys

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
Oh and I should still be able to take mutant pump pre workout right? , I'm pretty sure it's stim free

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Are you looking for just the energy or also to cut/recomp?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey guys I am coming off 4 months on various thermogenics and stimulant cycles and figure it's time to cycle off for a couple weeks . So now I'm going off the thermos , preworkouts , coffee and all. The only problem is I work a hard labour job and don't want my work and gym performance to suffer. Any recommendations for a non stimulant energy boost supplement? Thanks
Are you normally caffeine free at baseline? Are you just concerned about adrenal fatigue? For myself, it is unrealistic to think that I will ever be a caffeine/stimulant free person. I work nights in a very mentally and physically demanding career in healthcare that requires me to go 100 mph at all times while still being responsible for people's lives. I have experimented with several things in efforts to be less dependent (adaptogens etc). Unfortunately, I have not had any caffeine yet so I can't remember what they were, or if they even worked...

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
Are you normally caffeine free at baseline? Are you just concerned about adrenal fatigue? For myself, it is unrealistic to think that I will ever be a caffeine free person. I work nights in a very mentally and physically demanding career in healthcare that requires me to go 100 mph at all times while still being responsible for people's lives. I have experimented with several things in efforts to be less dependent (adaptogens etc). Unfortunately, I have not had any caffeine yet so I can't remember what they were, or if they even worked...
No I have been at around 1600-2000 mg caffeine a day for the past 4 months between coffee ,preworkout ,fat burners etc . That's why I'm kinda worried about getting off caffeine . Don't wanna totally crash at work or something you know

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
Are you looking for just the energy or also to cut/recomp?
Well I have been cutting , and I want to continue , but I feel like the fat burners and preworkout aren't working like they used to so I figure a couple weeks off would be the way to go

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
VasoMax is a good option for a non stim pre workout. Not only does it have 3 grams of hydromax and 810 mg of nitrates which will aid in an incredible pump, but it also contains a focus blend. The blend contains several nootropics, which some have alluded to for an enhancement in focus. Not only does it provide one with a great pump, but focus during the duration of their training session as well.

vasomax-ingredients.png

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Well I have been cutting , and I want to continue , but I feel like the fat burners and preworkout aren't working like they used to so I figure a couple weeks off would be the way to go
Have you tried something mild/non-stim like Shift? Or maybe just Forskolin for that?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No I have been at around 1600-2000 mg caffeine a day for the past 4 months between coffee ,preworkout ,fat burners etc . That's why I'm kinda worried about getting off caffeine . Don't wanna totally crash at work or something you know
Wow...that's pretty hardcore! Honestly I would definitely taper down first and then try to go stim free if you really want to. Nootropimax would actually be a significant drop in caffeine for you and could be a great place to start IMO. A few adaptogens probably would not hurt either...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow...that's pretty hardcore! Honestly I would definitely taper down first and then try to go stim free if you really want to. Nootropimax would actually be a significant drop in caffeine for you and could be a great place to start IMO.
This. With that massive caffeine intake, cutting it cold turkey may not be the best idea, and probably isn't worth it; I'd strongly recommend lowering your daily caffeine intake though, and NootropiMax should fit this bill well, as it does have a moderate dose of caffeine, but also has several nootropics that will help with focus/cognition/etc, as well as ingredients that are synergistic with caffeine (theanine and ornithine) that will help you get the most out the caffeine in the formula.

OP has been taking a TON of caffeine for a little while now, so even cutting down on daily caffeine intake is a good place to start, and replacing some of that caffeine with nootropics can also help. You probably didn't get to that level of caffeine consumption in a day, so I don't see a need to go back down to nothing in a day either.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried something mild/non-stim like Shift? Or maybe just Forskolin for that?
Just a heads up, I have seen many posts saying Shift is non stim, it is not. It contains Synephrine. Although it is caffeine free, it is not stim free like people often suggest.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So when can people such as this good fellow purchase Nootropimax? Now that we hopefully convinced him this would be a far better approach..

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Just a heads up, I have seen many posts saying Shift is non stim, it is not. It contains Synephrine. Although it is caffeine free, it is not stim free like people often suggest.
Correct and that's why I said mild. In my particular case dosing it alone feels like a non-stim at all.

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
This. With that massive caffeine intake, cutting it cold turkey may not be the best idea, and probably isn't worth it; I'd strongly recommend lowering your daily caffeine intake though, and NootropiMax should fit this bill well, as it does have a moderate dose of caffeine, but also has several nootropics that will help with focus/cognition/etc, as well as ingredients that are synergistic with caffeine (theanine and ornithine) that will help you get the most out the caffeine in the formula.

OP has been taking a TON of caffeine for a little while now, so even cutting down on daily caffeine intake is a good place to start, and replacing some of that caffeine with nootropics can also help. You probably didn't get to that level of caffeine consumption in a day, so I don't see a need to go back down to nothing in a day either.
So I should still have a coffee or two and some nootropics to kinda wean myself off eh?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I should still have a coffee or two and some nootropics to kinda wean myself off eh?
That's certainly an option, as it will help you lower your caffeine intake, while still giving you the energy and focus you need. You could always lower your daily intake now, and take an actual/complete break sometime when you don't need as much energy, perhaps if you get a vacation or a little time where work is not so busy.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So when can people such as this good fellow purchase Nootropimax? Now that we hopefully convinced him this would be a far better approach..
It should be in stores this week.

Correct and that's why I said mild. In my particular case dosing it alone feels like a non-stim at all.
Sorry, the post wasn't directed at you, personally. I've just seen too many posts lately suggesting Shift and other products that have stims to people asking for stim free fat burners.

I think people do not realize that stim free and caffeine free are two total different things.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For sure.
I can practically guarantee a biach of an headache if you completely stop all of a sudden.
I suggest that you look into an adaptogen blend, would make the transition easier.

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
For sure.
I can practically guarantee a biach of an headache if you completely stop all of a sudden.
I suggest that you look into an adaptogen blend, would make the transition easier.
And what's an adaptogen blend?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good lord. 1600-2000mg per day?

yeah, you need to taper for sure.

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
And what's an adaptogen blend?
Nvm I just googled it lol. So I'm also on other supps , test boosters, and a multivitamin stack and between the test booster and multivitamins , I'm already taking like 6 of the adaptogens that the website was talking about .

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So no cold turkey then eh? What do you figure, should I drop about 400 mg a week ?
Lay out how your daily caffeine intake went starting from morning until last dose for the day with caffeine doses per dose.

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
Lay out how your daily caffeine intake went starting from morning until last dose for the day with caffeine doses per dose.
530 am-750 mg stim complex - animal cuts fat burner
7 am - xl coffee 350 mg
Noon- 750 mg fat burner again
2 - xl coffee 350 mg or aminoburn 275 mg
Preworkout-300-450mg depending if I go 1 or 1.5 scoop

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
530 am-750 mg stim complex - animal cuts fat burner
7 am - xl coffee 350 mg
Noon- 750 mg fat burner again
2 - xl coffee 350 mg or aminoburn 275 mg
Preworkout-300-450mg depending if I go 1 or 1.5 scoop
I would try and drop dose to 1-2 times per day when most needed. Morning and pre workout?

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
Definetly morning and preworkout .Yeah that should work to wean off eh.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh and I should still be able to take mutant pump pre workout right? , I'm pretty sure it's stim free
I would try to find a better stim free Pre workout than this one. It's horribly underdosed.

Look into something like iForce HemaV02 Max, PES High Volume, or NooWave SWELL

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
I would try to find a better stim free Pre workout than this one. It's horribly undersides.

Look into something like iForce HemaV02 Max, PES High Volume, or NooWave SWELL
Do u mean underdosed?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
for some options: sns focus xt caffiene free is a nice noot style focus and mood aid. you can stack it with noopept xt too if you want even more focus

Also, and this is just a personal thing for me, I like to take beta alanine pre workout when I take a stim break... the tingles make me "feel" stimulated, even tho im not, but the mental aspect definintely helps me "get in gear". also, its super cheap ha.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
for some options: sns focus xt caffiene free is a nice noot style focus and mood aid. you can stack it with noopept xt too if you want even more focus

Also, and this is just a personal thing for me, I like to take beta alanine pre workout when I take a stim break... the tingles make me "feel" stimulated, even tho im not, but the mental aspect definintely helps me "get in gear". also, its super cheap ha.
I keep forgetting about SNS Focus XT Stim free. I need to write a note to myself to order a tub next time I place a supplement order.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I keep forgetting about SNS Focus XT Stim free. I need to write a note to myself to order a tub next time I place a supplement order.
yeah i think most people do (myself included)... its one of about 2 stim free products I legitimately keep in my cabinet for impromptu stim breaks (high volume being the other)

Zariph

Awards
I may be wrong so please correct me, but isnt there a supplement that helps improve caffeine, and helps you not build up tolerance to it? Thecrine or l-theanine or something?

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards
I may be wrong so please correct me, but isnt there a supplement that helps improve caffeine, and helps you not build up tolerance to it? Thecrine or l-theanine or something?
I'm not 100% sure but I think l-theanine is good to take with caffeine so you don't get the jittery feeling . Kinda relaxes you

ebironaddict

ebironaddict

Awards

And where would you get the Sns focus

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Theanine and ornithine are both synergistic with caffeine, which means they can help potentiate the effects of caffeine (you get more out of your caffeine), but I wouldn't say that they prevent you from building a tolerance to caffeine. With that said, potentiating the effects of caffeine may help you to get more out of your caffeine, with can hopefully prevent you from having to increase your caffeine intake to notice benefits. I like 100-200mg of theanine with my caffeine (depending on the dose of caffeine and when I'm taking it), and/or 250mg ornithine HCL with my caffeine.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
And where would you get the Sns focus
Pretty much any major online retailer will have it. Any of the sponsors here for sure like NutraPlanet or nutriverse