No Caffeine with Creatine

vidapreta

Well-known member
I just bought a little tub of the Primordial Performance Creatine and it says not to be taken with Caffeine. Now i thought that was an old superstition that caffeine negated the effects of creatine, i mean a good portion of the pre workout drinks contain caffeine and creatine in the blend??
 
I just bought a little tub of the Primordial Performance Creatine and it says not to be taken with Caffeine. Now i thought that was an old superstition that caffeine negated the effects of creatine, i mean a good portion of the pre workout drinks contain caffeine and creatine in the blend??

I remember reading something like this awhile ago but i don't think caffeine affects creatine, because i've use alot of caffeine over the years and i don't stop my caffeine use when i'm on creatine and it seems to be work fine for me. I'm surprised that a PP Rep dosen't chime in since it says it on their bottle and you're posting it in their section.
 
Or maybee the PP Reps only answer questions about the Androseries now.:lmao:

No, although it does keep us sorta busy :28:

The positive effects of Creatine have been shown to be hindered by Caffeine. My understanding is this is primarily in people who consume large doses of caffeine. A standard preWO dose should not cause too much issue.
 
No, although it does keep us sorta busy :28:

The positive effects of Creatine have been shown to be hindered by Caffeine. My understanding is this is primarily in people who consume large doses of caffeine. A standard preWO dose should not cause too much issue.

What would you consider a standard pre workout dose of caffeine 200-300 mgs??
 
I think it should be fine...perhaps it could hinder potential uptake from mild insulin resistance and as we know insulin is crucial for creatine transporters (glut-4 transporters).
 
I have read that they have said that about the caffine you get in coffe, because drinking too much coffee will dehydrate you. If ur dehydrated you have less water available for the creatine to suck up into ur muscles
 
I have read that they have said that about the caffine you get in coffe, because drinking too much coffee will dehydrate you. If ur dehydrated you have less water available for the creatine to suck up into ur muscles

That does make sense. I know for me at least, sometimes after a couple of cups of coffee i just can't stop peeing.
 
Back
Top