Nicotine as a Test boost/AI/Weight loss Sup/Anti-inflammatory and sucralose saftey

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I've gotten into the habit of occasionally smoking cigars with my friends and I've notice every time I have a cigar it relaxes me, makes me feel more assertive and acts as a great anti-inflammatory. I only started out of curiosity and after reading about how nicotine actually acts as an AI and reading the studies of cigars versus cigarettes. Each study I found seems to indicate that as long as the cigars are hand rolled they don't post that much of a health risk. Regardless, I'd like to find an alterative form of nicotine because I want something I can just take and relax without having to smoke and I want to enjoy nicotine in the house without making my house smell like an 80s sitcom set. The best thing I've found are nicotine pouches, but all of them have sucralose and I read sucralose lowers gut flora, which is of course bad. There obviously isn't a "All natural nicotine" market outside of cigars. So basically I'm wondering if that little bit of sucralose is going to have any effect and how many of you have had nicotine success stories.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I've gotten into the habit of occasionally smoking cigars with my friends and I've notice every time I have a cigar it relaxes me, makes me feel more assertive and acts as a great anti-inflammatory. I only started out of curiosity and after reading about how nicotine actually acts as an AI and reading the studies of cigars versus cigarettes. Each study I found seems to indicate that as long as the cigars are hand rolled they don't post that much of a health risk. Regardless, I'd like to find an alterative form of nicotine because I want something I can just take and relax without having to smoke and I want to enjoy nicotine in the house without making my house smell like an 80s sitcom set. The best thing I've found are nicotine pouches, but all of them have sucralose and I read sucralose lowers gut flora, which is of course bad. There obviously isn't a "All natural nicotine" market outside of cigars. So basically I'm wondering if that little bit of sucralose is going to have any effect and how many of you have had nicotine success stories.
They make unflavored nicotine pouches you can buy online.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You could also vape and not have the odor. If you like how nicotine makes you feel and want to continue that's fine no judgement here. However, you should probably stop telling yourself it's going to help with nutritional goals. It's not...

Present results show that nicotine significantly decreases serum level of testosterone, FSH and significantly increase the circulating levels of prolactin and LH

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could also vape and not have the odor. If you like how nicotine makes you feel and want to continue that's fine no judgement here. However, you should probably stop telling yourself it's going to help with nutritional goals. It's not...

Present results show that nicotine significantly decreases serum level of testosterone, FSH and significantly increase the circulating levels of prolactin and LH
There's studies that show the opposite though and anecdotally I haven't experienced anything bad. I'll just have to test and see how I feel. Plus nicotine does increase dopamine, which is needed for testosterone. Plus with vape oil I figured most of that is going to be flavoring and sucralose, not to mention most vape oil advertises as having less or no nicotine.

Last edited:
CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
There's studies that show the opposite though and anecdotally I haven't experienced anything bad. I'll just have to test and see how I feel. Plus nicotine does increase dopamine, which is needed for testosterone. Plus with vape oil I figured most of that is going to be flavoring and sucralose, not to mention most vape oil advertises as having less or no nicotine.
LOL! Ok good luck then.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use a 2 mg nicotine tab/lozenge most days as a PWO at 5 AM. Gives a slight buzz of energy.
Too much caffeine, I actually get tired. (Shot receptors maybe).

titanium3m

Awards
You can also try nicotine toothpicks. They come in many flavors or just plain old mint.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It doesn't matter if it raises testosterone "which I don't think it does in real world application"

But bumping up a healthy natural testosterone level to a higher but still in range level really dosent do anything. Nicotine is highly addictive, one of the most addictive substance on the planet. Choose your battles wisely.

If you look hard enough you can find studies to back up anything and everything. And then if you look again you can find the polar opposite of everything.

Studies are great but only if they apply to all real life situations.

There's way, way, way better options to meet the desired outcome your looking for

scuncknuts

Awards
Ignoring the fact that it's extremely addictive. Trying it out now means possibly a lifetime of nicotine addiction if you don't stop soon.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oral or patch compared with smoking or vaping is apples and oranges for addictiveness.

Do not propose the latter.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It doesn't matter if it raises testosterone "which I don't think it does in real world application"

But bumping up a healthy natural testosterone level to a higher but still in range level really dosent do anything. Nicotine is highly addictive, one of the most addictive substance on the planet. Choose your battles wisely.

If you look hard enough you can find studies to back up anything and everything. And then if you look again you can find the polar opposite of everything.

Studies are great but only if they apply to all real life situations.

There's way, way, way better options to meet the desired outcome your looking for
I wouldn't be using it for a test booster, that would just be a bonus. I've tried other substances for other purposes mentioned. I can't take anything for fat loss because they're all stims and I have high blood pressure, which thankfully the nicotine doesn't seem to mess with. I've tried anti-inflammatories and most of them hurt my stomach, or simply don't work that well. I'm on Wellbutrin, which keeps my dopamine high, but doesn't seem to help me produce dopamine, just keep the levels up and I have a dopamine deficiency. I drink coffee(decaf) for dopamine but too much makes me tired and caffeine swells up my feet since I have mild edema already from previous surgery on my feet. Now, this COULD be anecdotal but my feet don't seem as swelled when I get a nicotine high, but I have no done it enough to really know for sure and yes I find that strange too since nicotine seems to work similar to caffeine. Also I don't just want to loose weight to aesthetics. I have sleep apnea and every time I try to cut my progress stalls after 15 pounds and I've never been able to get it past that 15 pound mark.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I wouldn't be using it for a test booster, that would just be a bonus. I've tried other substances for other purposes mentioned. I can't take anything for fat loss because they're all stims and I have high blood pressure, which thankfully the nicotine doesn't seem to mess with. I've tried anti-inflammatories and most of them hurt my stomach, or simply don't work that well. I'm on Wellbutrin, which keeps my dopamine high, but doesn't seem to help me produce dopamine, just keep the levels up and I have a dopamine deficiency. I drink coffee(decaf) for dopamine but too much makes me tired and caffeine swells up my feet since I have mild edema already from previous surgery on my feet. Now, this COULD be anecdotal but my feet don't seem as swelled when I get a nicotine high, but I have no done it enough to really know for sure and yes I find that strange too since nicotine seems to work similar to caffeine. Also I don't just want to loose weight to aesthetics. I have sleep apnea and every time I try to cut my progress stalls after 15 pounds and I've never been able to get it past that 15 pound mark.
Like I said, there's way, way way better options to reach your goals. There's literally no benifits from nicotine that cannot be had from something else that does it better.

Your a adult, if you want to use nicotine or any other substance then go ahead and use it, there's nothing wrong with that. But don't delude yourself into thinking nicotine is healthy because of a few studies. There is no scenario where nicotine is the best tool for any job

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oral or patch compared with smoking or vaping is apples and oranges for addictiveness.

Do not propose the latter.
This is very true, but I do know of ppl who used nicotine gum for there contest prep and ended up with a nicotine dipping habit. Dude be in the gym spitting the dip juice into a cup during his workout lol🤮

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds to me like you are already addicted to Nicotine. Since you already have it in your head you can't lose weight because of a whole list of excuses that right there is your main issue. I'm not saying you don't have a crap metabolism but that doesn't mean you MUST use stims. No matter how bad your metabolism is your body can't define the laws of physics when it comes to calories and energy expenditure. Again I have no issue with nicotine. If you like to keep using it because you like the way it makes you feel you might as well just say that. No way it's good for the goals you have stated though.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you have an alternative, I'm all ears. Also I have cigars I haven't touched in a drawer for two weeks. So, I'm not that addicted. Also at different points I've lost weight by eating more calories, but than again it stalled. Weirdly enough, if I eat over, or under what I usually do in calories, I'll loose up to 15 pounds and then that's it. I'll lower calories more, nothing. I've thought about doing keto, but trying to eat just meat and fat while living on unenployment seems like a nightmare. I've tried rice and potatoes as my only carbs with limited success.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you have an alternative, I'm all ears. Also I have cigars I haven't touched in a drawer for two weeks. So, I'm not that addicted. Also at different points I've lost weight by eating more calories, but than again it stalled. Weirdly enough, if I eat over, or under what I usually do in calories, I'll loose up to 15 pounds and then that's it. I'll lower calories more, nothing. I've thought about doing keto, but trying to eat just meat and fat while living on unenployment seems like a nightmare. I've tried rice and potatoes as my only carbs with limited success.
Your calorie count is very off because if what you just said is true then science would pay you big money to study you because you would be breaking all the laws of thermodynamics and If you find a way to break the laws of thermodynamics they give you a Nobel prize or something like that.

Calories in vs calories out works for every single person on the planet regardless of the type of diet you follow and with or without supplements or drugs.

Do more cardio, eat less food

scuncknuts

Awards
You just want to be a smoker and find reasons to justify it, go for it, why should I care. Take tobacco for the rest of your life

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is very true, but I do know of ppl who used nicotine gum for there contest prep and ended up with a nicotine dipping habit. Dude be in the gym spitting the dip juice into a cup during his workout lol🤮
Spitting in cups?!!! If they can’t gut the juice, take out the snus!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I enjoy a few fine cigars weekly. Helps me unwind at the end of the night. That is all lol.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I lied. After in depth interweb research my findings are this:

Cigar smoking boosts test production and actually creates endogenous deca-durabolin creation in the body.

Works cited:

IMG_8628.JPG

IMG_8629.JPG

IMG_8630.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you want acute preWO performance, logenzes/gum/pouches would be ideal method of administration.

If you need appetite control, using nicotine in any form basally is both an inferior option and going to be very habit-forming.

Pseudo-ephedrine is very cheap, and works about as well as ephedrine for appetite reduction with much less stimulation or bp increase. Choline is a terrific non-stim way to curb appetite.

Dieting can be hard. It’s simple, but you’re going to have to suffer a little at some point. Discomfort is just a reality sometimes. Eating lots of veggies can be a good trick to aid satiety, and there are many others, but something to consider is to get past that 15lb plateau, to get what you’ve never gotten you’ll have to do what you’ve never done. You will need to likely eat less calories, be more consistent, and do more cardio/activity routinely than ever. And to keep the weight off you will need to live at a lower caloric set point, at least for quite some time. People have this notion sometimes they can get lighter, then go back to doing the things that kept them heavier. It doesn’t work that way.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you want acute preWO performance, logenzes/gum/pouches would be ideal method of administration.

If you need appetite control, using nicotine in any form basally is both an inferior option and going to be very habit-forming.

Pseudo-ephedrine is very cheap, and works about as well as ephedrine for appetite reduction with much less stimulation or bp increase. Choline is a terrific non-stim way to curb appetite.

Dieting can be hard. It’s simple, but you’re going to have to suffer a little at some point. Discomfort is just a reality sometimes. Eating lots of veggies can be a good trick to aid satiety, and there are many others, but something to consider is to get past that 15lb plateau, to get what you’ve never gotten you’ll have to do what you’ve never done. You will need to likely eat less calories, be more consistent, and do more cardio/activity routinely than ever. And to keep the weight off you will need to live at a lower caloric set point, at least for quite some time. People have this notion sometimes they can get lighter, then go back to doing the things that kept them heavier. It doesn’t work that way.
Thank you. A real answer. I tried Pseudoephedrine(Suddafed) before for sinus and it gave me ED from restricted blood flow, but I will look into Choline, thank you.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you. A real answer. I tried Pseudoephedrine(Suddafed) before for sinus and it gave me ED from restricted blood flow, but I will look into Choline, thank you.
Very plausible; I think ephedrine and many amphetamine-type derivatives can promote temporary ED for myself. But that could be fine at certain times of the day. Could be a viable option for a 6 hour chunk of the day you don’t need your bird at attention.

Yohimbine HCL and/or Alpha Yohimbine can be solid options if you respond well to them. About 1/4 of folks, like me, get rapid elevated heartbeat or nausea or general nastiness with them, but they are absolutely excellent for burning fat when in a fasted state (directly targeting belly fat even) and provide good energy for many when dieting. And they actually promote better, harder erections noticeably. Useless if your heart rate is too high to plow of course, but they’re super affordable so worth seeing if you are a good responder. Start at 1-3mg and if it goes great you can titrate up the dose slowly spread throughout the day.

AlphaGPC is the best choline form if you want strength/performance increases acutely as a preWO, but most forms of cheaper choline will still lower appetite some. And it will boost mental sharpness for sure, and help pay the cost of any stims you do use.

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've always been curious about nicotine causing extremely vivid dreams by increasing the activity of nicotinic receptors involved in the release of Acetylcholine, but have never tried it myself.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very plausible; I think ephedrine and many amphetamine-type derivatives can promote temporary ED for myself. But that could be fine at certain times of the day. Could be a viable option for a 6 hour chunk of the day you don’t need your bird at attention.

Yohimbine HCL and/or Alpha Yohimbine can be solid options if you respond well to them. About 1/4 of folks, like me, get rapid elevated heartbeat or nausea or general nastiness with them, but they are absolutely excellent for burning fat when in a fasted state (directly targeting belly fat even) and provide good energy for many when dieting. And they actually promote better, harder erections noticeably. Useless if your heart rate is too high to plow of course, but they’re super affordable so worth seeing if you are a good responder. Start at 1-3mg and if it goes great you can titrate up the dose slowly spread throughout the day.

AlphaGPC is the best choline form if you want strength/performance increases acutely as a preWO, but most forms of cheaper choline will still lower appetite some. And it will boost mental sharpness for sure, and help pay the cost of any stims you do use.
Yeah the Sudafed I won't touch. I really didn't get ED until the third day on it, but then it took 3-4 days after stopping it for the ED to go away.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont know if this was mentioned but there is a plant based nicotine analogue called cytisine which is used as a nicotine alternative. Used a lot in Europe.

P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards
I've always been curious about nicotine causing extremely vivid dreams by increasing the activity of nicotinic receptors involved in the release of Acetylcholine, but have never tried it myself.

Its a very real side effect

P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards
Yeah, I hear about people who are trying to quit smoking and use the patch can have scary-vivid dreams.
Really only if you leave the patch on overnight (which I don't think youre supposed to do). I've done it a few times and def noticed freaky dreams

lamarclark09

Awards
@Shiznown how long have you been on wellbutrin. How has pairing that up with testosterone or TRT been treating you?
Yeah well, I’m curious about that too.
Aside from that, my uncle has this extreme nicotine addiction and he shows us studies to prove that nicotine is actually good for health lol. So yeah that’s true there are some studies defending nicotine use but of course, you should be smart enough to see what it’s actually doing to your body and mind.