Nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) and nicotinamide riboside (NR)

Stachio

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Has anybody used either product?? If so, what results did you see??

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I generally consider these to be long term brain health products - what results are you expecting?

Stachio

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I generally consider these to be long term brain health products - what results are you expecting?
I agree with you that they are both long term products. From what I've researched, they both help boost mitochondrial function, support cellular health and healthy aging. Overall cognitive and healthy aging support is what I would like to see.

In addition to other vitamins and fish oil, already use ubiquinol, NaRALA and PQQ daily.

Last edited:

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It seems NR has more human studies. To me, it looks like NIAGEN would be the way to go?
what would be the difference between NIAGEN and another brand selling Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) at the same dose and apparently no fillers? is it just the brand and/or the quality you pay for?

Just because I can find 3 months of Niagen for like 180+ where as other brands sell it for around 40-90 for 3-12 months worth

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
These compounds also drain your Vit B and methyl groups within the body. Something to consider when supplementing with either of these.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I thought there’s been newer research on the riboside form not panning out. I don’t remember now. NMN is supposed to be superior, but I don’t remember why now. I think PricePlow did an in depth article. I think they’re sponsored by the people making NMN, I don’t remember the company now, but their articles are usually pretty good.

Stachio

Awards
  • First Up Vote
These compounds also drain your Vit B and methyl groups within the body. Something to consider when supplementing with either of these.
Some products I see come with a small amount of TMG. I take a co enzyme B vitamin daily.

Stachio

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I thought there’s been newer research on the riboside form not panning out. I don’t remember now. NMN is supposed to be superior, but I don’t remember why now. I think PricePlow did an in depth article. I think they’re sponsored by the people making NMN, I don’t remember the company now, but their articles are usually pretty good.
I read that article at Priceplow. It's for BioNMN which I believe is in the new product from Glaxon.
It's called NAD+ Synergy.

There is so many different articles I've read that say one is superior to the other. From the positive reviews I've read for both to common effects seem to be increase in body energy, sleep quality and mental alertness.

If I was to try either, I would run each product separately for 3 months and see which works best for me. I was hoping to get some user feedback here.

Stachio

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I saw this here from 2018.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some products I see come with a small amount of TMG. I take a co enzyme B vitamin daily.

Easy enough to "fix" as many pre's have TMG/Betaine in them and co-enzyme B complexes are getting more common. Jarrow makes one, Dr. Best makes one, and Now makes one. Also more and more multi's are using the co-enzyme forms. Besides we were all taking dibencozide for the last three decades anyways because it's an anabolic............................right?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nootropics Depot has NMN enteric coated for better stability and absorption if you’re looking for something to try. I heard they’re gonna release a powder as well, not sure if it’s out. That’s a place you could look to try it out.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Easy enough to "fix" as many pre's have TMG/Betaine in them and co-enzyme B complexes are getting more common. Jarrow makes one, Dr. Best makes one, and Now makes one. Also more and more multi's are using the co-enzyme forms. Besides we were all taking dibencozide for the last three decades anyways because it's an anabolic............................right?
Yes an easy fix. Only mentioned so people are aware

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
the whole NMN vs NMR thing is pretty interesting. especially because NMN is newer, way more expensive, and has been sensationalized by Dr David Sinclair. feels like a pharma switcharoo for the more expensive but only slightly better alternative. when NMN was new there was a lot of criticism due to NMR having lots of data backing it up and NMN didn't. then about a year later NMR is basically not being sold.

niagin is the only FDA approved NMR afaik. I think some products contain niagin NMR that are not niagin themselves though. like I think toniq NMR said niagin on the ingredients label. of course they only sell NMN now.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm pretty certain NAD+ needs to be injected or used IV to be effective...oral has garbage bioavailability?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm pretty certain NAD+ needs to be injected or used IV to be effective...oral has garbage bioavailability?
nasal spray seems to be popular too. the drip on the one I have is pretty bad tho. for oral I think that's why you are supposed to do such a high dose. Dr David Sinclair was doing 1g a day of NMN. so fuckin expensive.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
nasal spray seems to be popular too. the drip on the one I have is pretty bad tho. for oral I think that's why you are supposed to do such a high dose. Dr David Sinclair was doing 1g a day of NMN. so fuckin expensive.
interesting, I am not too well versed in it, but I am one of the larger peptide / biohacking / life extension facebook groups and it comes up in discussion often. It also sounds like it makes you feel like dog **** for a few days after if you get the IV treatment

Stachio

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Interpretation This study confirmed NMN supplementation increases blood intracellular NAD levels and improves physical strength and overall health in healthy middle-aged and older (40-65 years old) adults of both males and females in a dosing-response and statistically significant fashion. For the first time, we revealed that NMN supplementation can have a positive impact on human biological age. The study concluded 600mg daily oral intake is the optimal dose on observation that 900mg did not give further significant improvement over 600mg in blood cellular NAD concentration, six-minute endurance test, SF-36 health scores, and biological age. Finally, NMN supplementation is safe and well tolerate at up to 900mg as once daily oral dosing regimens.

This looks promising

Last edited:

Rebel1978

Awards
  • Established
Interpretation This study confirmed NMN supplementation increases blood intracellular NAD levels and improves physical strength and overall health in healthy middle-aged and older (40-65 years old) adults of both males and females in a dosing-response and statistically significant fashion. For the first time, we revealed that NMN supplementation can have a positive impact on human biological age. The study concluded 600mg daily oral intake is the optimal dose on observation that 900mg did not give further significant improvement over 600mg in blood cellular NAD concentration, six-minute endurance test, SF-36 health scores, and biological age. Finally, NMN supplementation is safe and well tolerate at up to 900mg as once daily oral dosing regimens.

This looks promising

Was looking at this last night. It does look promising. I'm 43 years old, and at 600 mg/day is a huge $$$ investment long term for me to see real benefit, I'm gonna need to see more to make that jump.

It's very possible as it becomes more popular, the cost comes down, since I don't think there is any exclusivity to NMN.