Nice read on muscle memory

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I came across a very similar article a couple years ago and is why I maintain you're only natural once. If you've ever used gear to attain a size beyond your natural limit you should not be able to compete with life long natty's as you will forever have an unfair advantage.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I came across a very similar article a couple years ago and is why I maintain you're only natural once. If you've ever used gear to attain a size beyond your natural limit you should not be able to compete with life long natty's as you will forever have an unfair advantage.
I've honestly never thought of that. I train with some guys that used to cycle constantly, came back to more of their "natural" size for a variety of reasons (less training, no need for cycle, etc) and as soon as they start training again, they are packing on meat, even with no added test or other items. It would make sense that they are prone to putting it back on easier if they were once there.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting. So someone could use steroids very sparingly, to achieve post natty benefits for an unknown prolonged period of time.
I don’t know about how sparingly though. How long does it take for these beneficial effects on muscle myonuclei and fibers to come about? At that point, you could probably stop and essentially up your potential limit for likely a long time, but do these benefits come after a week, a month, a cycle, etc. of use? If I knew it was after one cycle, I’d take a cycle now and be done with it, and raise my potential and ceiling haha.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t know about how sparingly though. How long does it take for these beneficial effects on muscle myonuclei and fibers to come about? At that point, you could probably stop and essentially up your potential limit for likely a long time, but do these benefits come after a week, a month, a cycle, etc. of use? If I knew it was after one cycle, I’d take a cycle now and be done with it, and raise my potential and ceiling haha.
I would assume that someone that has reached their natural peak, and then used to go beyond it in strength and size would then have an advantage. Who knows, maybe even those that havent reached their natural peak will have some advantage. Definitely makes it more tempting to at least run a legal DS cycle with proper PCT.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would assume that someone that has reached their natural peak, and then used to go beyond it in strength and size would then have an advantage. Who knows, maybe even those that havent reached their natural peak will have some advantage. Definitely makes it more tempting to at least run a legal DS cycle with proper PCT.
I’d say most people who use steroids haven’t reached their natural potential, at least not when they started using.

My thing is if I’m in good shape and pretty muscular/strong, but not at my limit, will one cycle net me the long-term benefits on muscle fiber characteristics? Will that take my natural limit up a notch even if I didn’t exceed my natural limit during the cycle? To put it in (random) numbers:

-Hypothetical Max Natural Limit: 100
-Current Natural Level: 70
-Level at end of Natty Cycle: 90

So I would gain during the cycle of course, but if I don’t exceed my natural limit, will my natural cap/limit still be at 100, or will I gain the benefits on muscle fiber characteristics that seem to persist, and will my limit now be, say, 110? Or would I have to exceed my limit of 100 on the cycle to keep the increased potential after my cycle is over? That is, would I have to hit >100 on cycle to boost my natural limit?

If one cycle could do this, one cycle or just testosterone and then proper PCT would be a no-brainer lol.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d say most people who use steroids haven’t reached their natural potential, at least not when they started using.

My thing is if I’m in good shape and pretty muscular/strong, but not at my limit, will one cycle net me the long-term benefits on muscle fiber characteristics? Will that take my natural limit up a notch even if I didn’t exceed my natural limit during the cycle? To put it in (random) numbers:

-Hypothetical Max Natural Limit: 100
-Current Natural Level: 70
-Level at end of Natty Cycle: 90

So I would gain during the cycle of course, but if I don’t exceed my natural limit, will my natural cap/limit still be at 100, or will I gain the benefits on muscle fiber characteristics that seem to persist, and will my limit now be, say, 110?

If one cycle could do this, one cycle or just testosterone and then proper PCT would be a no-brainer lol.
What I was thinking. I was stupid and used anabolics 9 years ago when I was not near my genetic potential, due to being constantly picked on due to my petite size. I got the genetic crap end of the stick. 5 foot 10, leaving high school at 112lbs... fortunately with proper PCT, I studied a lot during that time, I am naturally gaining now, have 2 kids, and appears my hormones are great. Once I hit a peak, I may do a legal cycle, just due to these potential benefits.