NHL crazy trading this year

bluesfan4eva

Awards
What is up with this. over 30 trades a week before the deadline. I love the blues getting stewart and shattenkirk though. amazing trade!!!

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It has been crazy!

I like my Penguins getting James Neal and Alex Kovalev for almost nothing. With all of our injuries currently; we need all the help we can get.

bluesfan4eva

Awards
It has been crazy!

I like my Penguins getting James Neal and Alex Kovalev for almost nothing. With all of our injuries currently; we need all the help we can get.
true. the pens are nothing without crosby. but at least you have a guaranteed playoff spot. the blues have to dominate to even think about the playoffs. not to mention the fact that if we dont make it season ticket holders only have to pay half of their price for tickets.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As an Avs fan, I'm highly conflicted on all of the moves. I love the Johnson trade (a big, skilled d-man is a rarity) even though it came at a pretty steep price. The X-factor is the 1st round pick from this year, which could be a top-10 pick giving Colorado 2, top-10 selections. This could easily be used to pull off a bigger trade. I hate the Anderson deal as it is bad to throw away their MVP of last year and punish him for playing while he's not healthy.

I hope they move Liles, though, to clear his contract off the books and maybe get a good prospect and a 2nd round pick.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As an Avs fan, I'm highly conflicted on all of the moves. I love the Johnson trade (a big, skilled d-man is a rarity) even though it came at a pretty steep price. The X-factor is the 1st round pick from this year, which could be a top-10 pick giving Colorado 2, top-10 selections. This could easily be used to pull off a bigger trade. I hate the Anderson deal as it is bad to throw away their MVP of last year and punish him for playing while he's not healthy.

I hope they move Liles, though, to clear his contract off the books and maybe get a good prospect and a 2nd round pick.
I do like Chris Stewart. I don't think the Avs should have got rid of him. He is an up and coming star. A very good young power forward.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
as a hawks fan and former goalie - i was not a fan of letting go of niemi and getting turco...

however, crawford has stepped up.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
as a hawks fan and former goalie - i was not a fan of letting go of niemi and getting turco...

That confused me as well. Niemi is a great goalie. I am glad hes with a club (the sharks) who seem to appreciate him!

But yea the trades have been nuts this year. Here's hoping my Flyers go all the way and take the cup this year! :)

bluesfan4eva

Awards
I do like Chris Stewart. I don't think the Avs should have got rid of him. He is an up and coming star. A very good young power forward.
yup that trade was great. stewart already has 6 goals and one assist in 5 games. him alone makes up for johnsons lack of production

LeftZing

Awards

I saw Crawford play tons of games in the AHL. I think he has stepped up, but I do not want to see the Hawks overpay him. He is playing out of his mind, he isn't this good IMO

mjtags67

Awards
hey click how do you feel about the flyers getting jagr..do u think he has anything left..i might be more excited about getting talbot then jagr

DarkVader

DarkVader

Awards
hey click how do you feel about the flyers getting jagr..do u think he has anything left..i might be more excited about getting talbot then jagr
Jagr will have a good season. I think he'll put up offensive stats to match his contract. However, his effort/defense tend to lack.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SkRaw85 Sports Talk 8
Misfit28 General Chat 25
Sports Talk 17
Wrivest Sports Talk 101
Sports Talk 56