Next Cycle?

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
Okay, I’m sure I’ll get some pushback on this, but here it goes anyway…. Sorry for the long post in advance

So I started my first “real”cycle 13 months ago. I say “real” because technically I did a cycle 13-14 years ago when I had no idea what I was doing and did zero research. Dumb, I know. Anyway, my cycle consisting of Test 500/wk for 12 weeks and I started the cycle off with Dbol for the first 8 weeks. I did PCT and took a 2 month break then got on TRT. I have been on TRT since last November. Also last November I started another cycle consisting of Deca 500-600 week for 16 weeks. Also started the cycle off with Dbol but for 6 weeks that time. That cycle ended in the middle of March but I’ve still been on TRT since. I am really wanting to start another cycle in a few weeks or next month.

My real question is how bad of an idea is it to start another cycle? It will basically be me having done 2 cycles last year and now starting another. However, again, I’ve been on TRT since November. How much of a risk am I for my body losing it’s ability to produce it’s own testosterone? I don’t want to jack up my body but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t addicted to this lifestyle.

Also, if anyone thinks it’s okay to start another cycle, what do you recommend taking? More Deca? EQ? Clen? Any advice is helpful. Thanks.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’ve been off your last cycle since 4 months if I understand correctly?

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How old are you? If you have been pinning test for 13 months then you aren't cycling anymore you are most likely in it for the long haul.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just for some clarity…..

if you are on trt that would normally infer you have doctor prescribed testosterone (which was prescribed after being tested as having low natural T production) or at the very least it’s self prescribed trt but working to the same principles a doctor would. This is a replacement dose of test which puts you in a normal range and is a lifelong scenario.

from what you said I think your actually blasting and cruising, I.e you made the decision last November to run a test and deca cycle and after that cycle you just dropped the test dose instead of coming off?

Did you do bloods before the cycles last year (or at any point where you were natural)? This is kinda important as you need to know where your natural production was at before you started, your body can only recover it at best to where it was before. Continually using exogenous test will affect your natural production, how much varies and would depend on how long you stay on gear and your own body, some guys can blast and cruise for years, come off and get most of their natural production back, some guys run a couple of cycles and their test levels never recover naturally. It is what it is and it’s the risk we take when we roll these dice.

whether you can start another cycle now should also be dependant on bloods, you’ve been off a reasonable amount of time but you need bloods to confirm your key markers (lipids etc) are all in range and you’ve recovered properly from the last blast.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’ve been off for 4 months; you’re good to blast again.

But you’ve been cruising on TRT since November - if you are planning to come off and restart natural production, sooner you try the better. But that doesn’t really make sense if you want to keep blasting.

Also, don’t expect to get your natural production back. I’ve seen guys do it, but more that just have to stay on TRT.

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
You’ve been off for 4 months; you’re good to blast again.

But you’ve been cruising on TRT since November - if you are planning to come off and restart natural production, sooner you try the better. But that doesn’t really make sense if you want to keep blasting.

Also, don’t expect to get your natural production back. I’ve seen guys do it, but more that just have to stay on TRT.
Thanks. Do you know if bodybuilders nowadays stay on TRT or come off test in between cycles? I’m not trying to be a bodybuilder; just wondering.

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
Just for some clarity…..

if you are on trt that would normally infer you have doctor prescribed testosterone (which was prescribed after being tested as having low natural T production) or at the very least it’s self prescribed trt but working to the same principles a doctor would. This is a replacement dose of test which puts you in a normal range and is a lifelong scenario.

from what you said I think your actually blasting and cruising, I.e you made the decision last November to run a test and deca cycle and after that cycle you just dropped the test dose instead of coming off?

Did you do bloods before the cycles last year (or at any point where you were natural)? This is kinda important as you need to know where your natural production was at before you started, your body can only recover it at best to where it was before. Continually using exogenous test will affect your natural production, how much varies and would depend on how long you stay on gear and your own body, some guys can blast and cruise for years, come off and get most of their natural production back, some guys run a couple of cycles and their test levels never recover naturally. It is what it is and it’s the risk we take when we roll these dice.

whether you can start another cycle now should also be dependant on bloods, you’ve been off a reasonable amount of time but you need bloods to confirm your key markers (lipids etc) are all in range and you’ve recovered properly from the last blast.
I had bloods done before I started TRT but not since. And yes I’m on doctor prescribed TRT.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes that’s correct. However I’ve been on TRT since November.
Then 4 months is perfectly fine to start another cycle. I’ll just point out what’s fine and what’s not fine is completely different for each individual. At the end of the day it’s risk/reward. I personally cycle 8 months per year and have 2 times 2 months off. I plan on competing and I accept my health might take a little hit but that’s something I’m willing to risk and manage. Also, ALSO! as mentionned above your bloodworks should be a huge indicator of where you’re at and if you can cycle or not. Some are luckier than others. Personally my bloods are never bad. Cholesterol,inflammation,kidney,liver and what not are always good even after 4-5 months on cycle. So luckily for me I deal better with steroids than most people. A friend of mine gets completely trashed bloodworks a month or two deep in a cycle. This guy couldn’t do what I’m doing. He’d seriously risk his health long term. Your choice, your life. But be smart and check your bloods.

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
How old are you? If you have been pinning test for 13 months then you aren't cycling anymore you are most likely in it for the long haul.
I am 35. I’m still not sure of my Test levels were really low enough for TRT but they were low enough for insurance to pay for it. I haven’t decided how long I’m going to stay on TRT but from the responses on here and from others I’ve got, I should expect to just stay on it. Which is fine with me. I’m used to depending on certain meds for the rest of my life so it’s really just adding another thing to it.

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
Then 4 months is perfectly fine to start another cycle. I’ll just point out what’s fine and what’s not fine is completely different for each individual. At the end of the day it’s risk/reward. I personally cycle 8 months per year and have 2 times 2 months off. I plan on competing and I accept my health might take a little hit but that’s something I’m willing to risk and manage. Also, ALSO! as mentionned above your bloodworks should be a huge indicator of where you’re at and if you can cycle or not. Some are luckier than others. Personally my bloods are never bad. Cholesterol,inflammation,kidney,liver and what not are always good even after 4-5 months on cycle. So luckily for me I deal better with steroids than most people. A friend of mine gets completely trashed bloodworks a month or two deep in a cycle. This guy couldn’t do what I’m doing. He’d seriously risk his health long term. Your choice, your life. But be smart and check your bloods.
Thanks a lot man. This really helps.

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
What do you recommend for the next cycle? It will be another bulking cycle but I’d like to gain less fat this time. Should I stay with deca? I had really good results last time.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I had bloods done before I started TRT but not since. And yes I’m on doctor prescribed TRT.
ok, to be honest I find it strange your on trt since November but also ran deca straight away, most trt clinics or docs would want to dial in the dosage first?

but regardless, if you test was low enough to warrant trt then I’m not sure why even ask if you natural production can recover? Trt isn’t a short term thing, you do it when your natural test is too low and it’s life long…….why would you want to recover your natural test back to its previously low levels?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. Do you know if bodybuilders nowadays stay on TRT or come off test in between cycles? I’m not trying to be a bodybuilder; just wondering.
Of course they do. And they aren’t just staying on normal TRT doses often. Their cruise doses are often what we would consider blasts.

Usually, people can only compete at a high level for so many years. And they have lasting costs.

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
ok, to be honest I find it strange your on trt since November but also ran deca straight away, most trt clinics or docs would want to dial in the dosage first?

but regardless, if you test was low enough to warrant trt then I’m not sure why even ask if you natural production can recover? Trt isn’t a short term thing, you do it when your natural test is too low and it’s life long…….why would you want to recover your natural test back to its previously low levels?
I’m not sure what you meant in your first paragraph but the docs obviously didn’t know I was running an actually cycle. Although they must’ve know something was up when my testosterone shot through the roof up to 1500+ after about 5-6 weeks of Deca.

I was wrong earlier when I said I hadn’t had blood work done since November. I am now remembering that I’ve had it at least 2-3 times since then.

And I guess you’re right about test levels going back to normal. I didn’t think that one through.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Of course they do. And they aren’t just staying on normal TRT doses often. Their cruise doses are often what we would consider blasts.

Usually, people can only compete at a high level for so many years. And they have lasting costs.
probably a better question to ask if there are any bodybuilders who don’t stay on trt (or high cruise doses) year round…….

I guess Kevin Levrone was known for doing nothing in off season and then growing into shows, no idea if he came off everything off season though 🤷

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m not sure what you meant in your first paragraph but the docs obviously didn’t know I was running an actually cycle. Although they must’ve know something was up when my testosterone shot through the roof up to 1500+ after about 5-6 weeks of Deca.

I was wrong earlier when I said I hadn’t had blood work done since November. I am now remembering that I’ve had it at least 2-3 times since then.

And I guess you’re right about test levels going back to normal. I didn’t think that one through.
I mean you said you started trt in November, most doctors would give you a trt script and then do bloods over the following months to check it was the right dose (there isn’t a one size fits all. Some guys need 75mg and some need 200mg a week to be in range).

but you also said you started deca at that time which any doc would have picked up on and asked wtf was going on? They wouldn’t have ignored it

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
I mean you said you started trt in November, most doctors would give you a trt script and then do bloods over the following months to check it was the right dose (there isn’t a one size fits all. Some guys need 75mg and some need 200mg a week to be in range).

but you also said you started deca at that time which any doc would have picked up on and asked wtf was going on? They wouldn’t have ignored it
Yeah sorry. I started TRT first week of November and Deca/Dbol cycle third week of November.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah sorry. I started TRT first week of November and Deca/Dbol cycle third week of November.
Whisky is just pointing out its very odd the doctor didn’t want to do bloodtesting the months after you started, which the Deca could have impacted negatively.

Normally when guys get on TRT, there is frequent testing for a bit so the doctor can assess your response and dial in their prescription for you. So that’s not normally a time guys cycle, until the TRT foundation is established first.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Whisky is just pointing out its very odd the doctor didn’t want to do bloodtesting the months after you started, which the Deca could have impacted negatively.

Normally when guys get on TRT, there is frequent testing for a bit so the doctor can assess your response and dial in their prescription for you. So that’s not normally a time guys cycle, until the TRT foundation is established first.
Definitely doesn’t add up. If you start TRT say November like he "did" there was several bloodworks before and usually some doctors will even try gels and creams before, or a even a restart. Even he decides to put you on trt.. depending on the doctor you’ll have bloodworks every 2 or 3 months for a good year almost. There is no way someone can start trt in November and go on test/deca a month later. He would for SURE have his first bloodworks in January or late December. And doctors are VERY picky on first bloodworks.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Edit ; to add up to my last post.. that’s exactly why I dropped my script/doctor a few months in. Because it wouldn’t allow me to do what I wanted to do so I went the self prescribed route.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Edit ; to add up to my last post.. that’s exactly why I dropped my script/doctor a few months in. Because it wouldn’t allow me to do what I wanted to do so I went the self prescribed route.
Same reason I started cruising. I will get on proper TRT when I am through with the serious stuff or ready for a very long break.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Same reason I started cruising. I will get on proper TRT when I am through with the serious stuff or ready for a very long break.
Same. I still have a "sports doctor" who gets me bloodworks and help me and is willing to prescribe me pretty much anything I need simply not a proper trt script. Once I’m done cycling hardcore and everything I will go back and get on proper trt. For now I see no difference. Through bloodworks i recently discovered that my lowered dose (200) puts me at 995ish and seems to be perfectly fine and healthy for me while somehow managing to keep all my size. So I guess I’m really close to already trt when I do pull back.

Joedub86

Awards
  • Best Answer
Definitely doesn’t add up. If you start TRT say November like he "did" there was several bloodworks before and usually some doctors will even try gels and creams before, or a even a restart. Even he decides to put you on trt.. depending on the doctor you’ll have bloodworks every 2 or 3 months for a good year almost. There is no way someone can start trt in November and go on test/deca a month later. He would for SURE have his first bloodworks in January or late December. And doctors are VERY picky on first bloodworks.
I started TRT first week November then Deca cycle third week. I had 2 blood tests done before starting TRT and have had 2-3 more blood tests done since November. They told me test levels were very high (over 1500) but just told me to cut back the dosage and pin every 10 days instead on every 7 days. They never mentioned it again. I haven’t been back for a checkup in a few months though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dominus Anabolics 18
Cycle Logs 40
Anabolics 7
Anabolics 22
Stopstalking2 Anabolics 11