next bulking phase advice??

Markos4

Awards
Hi everybody i was just looking for some advice,ima start my next bulking phase in two weeks from now, and since my legs are a lil bit weaker than they Used to be im planning on training them twice a week.
Monday legs and back
Tuesday chest and triceps
Wednesday biceps and forearms
Thursday abs
Friday legs and back
Ima take a mass gainer,creatine monohydrate,glutamine, myostatin inhibitor, whey protein, glucosamine,fish oil and tribulus.
Are there any other supplements u would recommend me? Btw i gotta question, can i do cardio while bulking, sorry if it's aw dumb question but i have never done cardio while bulking for the last two years.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not an ideal bulking split. A arm day is literally not necessary, although I do have one. Your bicep/forearm day shows me you need a more foundational compound-heavy routine. Here's one I started 6 months ago and have loved the results:

MONDAY. Chest/Back - All compounds (Bench, Dumbell press, Dips, Deads, pullups, Rows)
TUESDAY. Off
WEDNESDAY. Legs/calves. Lots of volume, Start with Squats every time. Ass to the ground. Do NOT concern yourself with weight. Just try to touch the ground and rep range from 5 all the way to 30. Weight will increase quickly if you are doing a full range of motion for high reps anyways. If you are not nauseated, dizzy and legs are painful and quivering, do more.
THURSDAY. Triceps(some emphasis on chest, ex: close grip bench and dips, both following 3 sets of reg grip bench)Biceps, Shoulders, Traps(Big movements: Before Triceps I do Military. Then I come back to shoulders after triceps but before Biceps, wide grip high row(Think upright row but safer) Lateral Raises, Shrugs. Then BB Curls, Incline db curls, preacher curls(I always superset biceps with heavy hammer curls and reverse curls)
FRIDAY. Off
SATURDAY Legs/calves. Same as before
SUNDAY Off

I used to have an insane split where I trained 7 days a week splitting up every little muscle group and blasting them with 30 sets. I did not gain much at all. Once I focused only on compounds, less volume, more rest days, and training most groups twice a week, I started to really put on size.

Markos4

Awards
Hey that actually seems really good,ima give it a try but if i don't see good results ima stop at the sixth week,do you think I'm taking the right supplements?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes but if $ is a concern at all, the best thing to spend it on is more food. Creatine fish oil and a multi are really all you need. I take a lot of L-Arginine AKG. 2-3 grams 3 times a day though. Swanson vitamins sells it cheap and it helps keep my bp low and a healthy supply of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah your layout has you working 2 days of the absolute largest muscle groups together, then the other 3 days, more or less smallest groups.

Why don't you do a proven program of mostly compound work and big exercises focusing on some legs etc that way?

Also, you do not have shoulders in your layout?

Remember, the big work, effort and food, is going to be the largest factors in your bulk or gaining. Not really the supplements

Markos4

Awards
Yeah your layout has you working 2 days of the absolute largest muscle groups together, then the other 3 days, more or less smallest groups.

Why don't you do a proven program of mostly compound work and big exercises focusing on some legs etc that way?

Also, you do not have shoulders in your layout?

Remember, the big work, effort and food, is going to be the largest factors in your bulk or gaining. Not really the supplements
I work the shoulders in my chest day

Markos4

Awards
Yes but if $ is a concern at all, the best thing to spend it on is more food. Creatine fish oil and a multi are really all you need. I take a lot of L-Arginine AKG. 2-3 grams 3 times a day though. Swanson vitamins sells it cheap and it helps keep my bp low and a healthy supply of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles.
So arginine really keeps the bp down?? Cuz i got high bp

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes. I take a very mild beta-blocker from time to time. But if I take 3-5 grams Arginine-AKG throughout the day and my preferred form of Niacin(NADH with D-ribose), my bp is very controlled. On-cycle, its much harder to control though.

Markos4

Awards
Yes. I take a very mild beta-blocker from time to time. But if I take 3-5 grams Arginine-AKG throughout the day and my preferred form of Niacin(NADH with D-ribose), my bp is very controlled. On-cycle, its much harder to control though.
I ma start taking arginine then, hey you seem like you know a lot more than i do..do you mind if i pm you sometime for more info in subjects like this one?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i second this.

and what you listed is a body part split. it doesnt say anything about exercises, intensity, volume, and a progression plan. have you figured that out for your plan? if so can you post it for review please.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I ma start taking arginine then, hey you seem like you know a lot more than i do..do you mind if i pm you sometime for more info in subjects like this one?
Of course. And my example split is literally because I don't have a training partner. Otherwise I would follow DC to the letter. A proven bulking split is the way to go.

Markos4

Awards
i second this.

and what you listed is a body part split. it doesnt say anything about exercises, intensity, volume, and a progression plan. have you figured that out for your plan? if so can you post it for review please.
Leg and back day:squat 5-5 deadlift 3-6 jump squat 3-20 calf raise(not sure if that's how it is called)3-30

For chest,shoulders and triceps day:bench press 6-6,inclined bench press4-8,dumbbell flys3-10,tricep kickback3-10(i think thats how is called)

Biceps barbell curl 6-8, concentration curl3-10 hammer curl 3-10 (i work on my forearms in the warm up)
I didn't list the warm up exercises but sometimes I do push ups for chest day and squats(w/o weights) for leg day.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Hey what do y'all think about my routine?
get on a proven plan. what you have is not a plan, its lacking far to much to a be a good program.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
5/3/1 is very simple, effective, and easily adapts to peoples needs. you could try the pyramid variation from the beyond 5/3/1 book with the boring but big accessory. that will give you lots of volume and intensity.