Newbie questions Sarms/PCT

JTS22

Awards
Greetings all, first time poster with (several) questions regarding thread title. I could ask questions for days so I’m going to try to stay focused on the pct but I most certainly will appreciate any and all information and opinions (such as stacks and on cycle support)

Firstly, my base

6’1
170lbs
~16% BF
Competitive athlete for ~20 years
40yrs old.

My goal is 7-10lb muscle mass on a 8 week rad140 cycle. In regards to PCT I’ve read a decent amount on it, but lack the knowledge to differentiate BS from knowledgeable individuals. I’m very comfortable with my diet and macro tracking and likewise with my lifting routine. I can go off an tangents for cycle support and test bases, but I’ll be all over the place with questions...

So my understanding is:
Shbg
PSA
Estradiol
Free test
Total test
LH
FLH
Failure to do proper PCT after anything messing with your hormones prevents them (or severely delays...) their recovery. Repeated cycles then lead to lesser “norms” of said hormones and you wreck your ****, yes/no?

So upon getting bloodwork, how will those levels particularly influence the type of PCT I should do? I’ve picked up some nolva from a reputable source, and would plan to do the same for the rad. What I’ve been reading is 4 weeks of 20mg daily nolva for recovery from an 8 week rad140 cycle- possibly 40 for first week or two depending on suppression. Would there be anything additional to take? AI for example? I know sarms supposedly don’t aromatize but your hormones are jacked and may be “off” leading to some getting gyno until hormones normalize?

I read one person suggest if your LH and FLH are fine, no pct is needed and you’ll recover Without pct “just fine”. Can anyone clarify if this is the case?

Suppose one did PCT when it wasn’t “necessary” (assuming what they’re taken was cut/bunk/very low quality or what have. Are there consequences to taking a serm for a month (and perhaps otc PCT) other than the meds obvious side effects (nausea, headaches, etc)

I would also plan on taking some tudca during cycle for liver support and possibly stack with cardarine and stenobolic- which I’ve (supposedly...) taken before and responded well to and may have helped keep my lipids low. (Yes, I will be monitoring the other organs before, during, and after as well)

Thanks for your help!

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've run an lgd cycle with 330mg of 4 andro for a test base and it was an enjoyable cycle. Sarms like rad and lgd are actually pretty suppressive at bodybuilding doses and don't convert to estrogen so you'll need something for that. 4 andro and dermacrine are readily available and popular for this use.

You sound a lot like me when I started out, it's good to ask questions and learn as much as you can. Hang around this forum for awhile, I've learned a lot here.

Nolva will be essential for pct from a cycle like this. 20mg/4 weeks worked great for me. Also a quality test booster such as CEL m-test would be very beneficial. I also ran sns reduce-xt to keep cortisol in check, very good stuff, in fact it's a staple supplement for me.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
From my understanding, a lot of times LH and FSH rebound pretty quickly after cycles. The bigger issue is that the testicles are desensitized to the signal of those hormones. Even if you see good levels there, I’d run a SERM to help get testosterone back quicker.

Some people do actually use clomid for increased testosterone levels even without anabolic use. So I wouldn’t see any issue to run a SERM after a cycle even if you got bunk stuff.

Personally, I wouldn’t use an AI, but I would keep some around. I typically get clomid for PCT, but then I keep tamoxifen and exemestane on hand in case my boobies start acting up. SARMs aren’t likely to give you gyno, but yes, anything that affects hormones can give you issues. Clomid actually has estrogenic effects, and taking SERMs can increase your estrogen levels. So I like to stretch out my PCT and taper down, but I don’t see a lot of guys do that, so you probably don’t need to.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Imo the cbc(complete blood panel is far more important than hormones, I'm not saying that they are not important but if your blood or hematocrit gets too thick then you have far worse problems than ed. Successful cycling is about finding the chemicals that your body tolerates best.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Imo the cbc(complete blood panel is far more important than hormones, I'm not saying that they are not important but if your blood or hematocrit gets too thick then you have far worse problems than ed. Successful cycling is about finding the chemicals that your body tolerates best.
Thank you for all of this☝

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Quick question...when you say 7-10 pounds do you think that is all going to be what we like to call "stage weight?" Regardless clomid and nolva is a perfect pct and whoever said you don't need to pct if you're not already on trt is a moron

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
8 lbs in 8 weeks is very doable, but it's definitely not going to be 8lbs of muscle In 8 weeks unless this is your first cycle ever and you use some reasonable doses. Sarms solo won't convert to estrogen or dht, but you wantva little estrogen and dht.

Get some 4 andro assuming you don't want to take testosterone, 300-400mg a day alongside 20-30mg or rad per day. (Lgd would be a better choice IMO) then you need to make sure your eating enough.

Pct nolva or clomid at 20-25mg a day.

Having a ai on hand for the 4 andro

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
8 lbs in 8 weeks is very doable, but it's definitely not going to be 8lbs of muscle In 8 weeks unless this is your first cycle ever and you use some reasonable doses. Sarms solo won't convert to estrogen or dht, but you wantva little estrogen and dht.

Get some 4 andro assuming you don't want to take testosterone, 300-400mg a day alongside 20-30mg or rad per day. (Lgd would be a better choice IMO) then you need to make sure your eating enough.

Pct nolva or clomid at 20-25mg a day.

Having a ai on hand for the 4 andro
Op this☝ I would rather just pin real rest them do a test base but at that point you've already crossed over to the other side so just go with the 4 andro