Newbie Posts First Log—Vector and Follidrone 2.0

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
I’ve been mostly watching, reading, and learning from you all since joining a few weeks ago. This is an amazing forum with tremendous talent and intellectual resources on training, bodybuilding, nutrition, and even endocrinology! Thank you for letting me join!

Having enjoyed reading all the supplement/training logs since joining, I’ve decided to log my workouts for the next month while using BLRs Vector and Follidrone and asking for feedback from AM members. I’m providing a lot of detailed information in my introductory log to help others who might be working to lose weight and gain muscle. I hope to learn from the vast amount of experience everyone on this forum has with training and nutrition.

I’m a big fan of sharing ideas with the goal of seeking and providing constructive criticism to help us all learn more.

My bias is that nutrition is the foundation of effective fitness programs. So you’ll notice that I emphasize nutrition in addition to training in my “maiden” log post.

My Goals: Build general functional fitness and strength through aerobic and anaerobic exercise, 10-12% body fat (currently ~13% body fat).

Background:

Height: 6’ tall

Weight: 188-193 lbs.

Weight training history: Power lifter ages 14-23. Max Bench Press, 300 lbs. x 1, Body weight was 215 lbs.

Kept fit ages 24-40 playing basketball 3 nights a week until blew out right knee. Quit working out at age 40 and ballooned from 220lbs to 290lbs.

Desk job, ages 27-61. Focused on professional career, ignored fitness from age 40 until age 59. I became insulin insensitive, had high blood pressure, drank too much alcohol, ate too much processed foods (think McDonalds and packaged foods). Suffered with 6 point hip bursitis. Every step was painful (9 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being totally functionally incapacitated) Tired and low libido. Felt like **** all the time. Made a decision to get fit or die trying.

Lost 60 lbs in 4 months (June-October 2016) with Keto diet at 800-1,000 calories per day. Went from 257lbs to 197 lbs. Experienced much higher energy level, minimal pain from hip bursitis (1 to 2 on a scale of 10), and higher libido. Began lifting weights in December 2016. Before lifting weights, arms looked like sausages, legs were strong and defined—especially quadriceps—from carrying so much weight over 20+ years. Continued lifting weights over the next 17 months to build muscle definition and strengthen connective tissue (tendons, ligaments, etc.). I recently did a 7 week Keto diet from May-June 2018 with two refeed and weightlifting weekends. Lost 10 lbs from roughly 200 to 190lbs (~3lbs muscle and 7 lbs fat). I never felt more fit in my life as I do right now, even including my college football days from age 18-23 when I weighed 215lbs. I am even able to sprint faster than I remember (until a hamstring pull )! Here are a few stats from over the past few years.

Maximum adult body weight: 290 lbs. (age 55)

Minimum adult body weight: 188 lbs. (age 61)

Maximum Measured Body Fat Percentage: 35%; 90lbs body fat (Age 59, 257 lbs.)

Minimum Measured Body Fat Percentage: 13%; 25.5lbs body fat (Age 61, 191 lbs.)

Current Nutrition: Mostly whole foods, Minimum ingestion of processed foods. 1-2 glasses of red wine (6oz servings) per week. No other alcohol.

Macro nutrient goals: 35% protein, 40% fats, 25% carbohydrates

Nutrition Calorie Goal: 2300-2400 per day

Measured Basal Metabolic Rate: 1,900 calories

Routine Meals
Breakfast: 3-4 eggs, 2-4 pieces of bacon, 1 cup fresh blueberries, 2 roasted jalapeño chile peppers.

Lunch: 8oz grilled organic chicken or 93% lean pasture raised hamburger (slathered in old style mustard w/ seeds), 2 cups steamed spinach, 1 cup fresh raspberries, 2 roasted North Carolina or jalapeño or Hatch hot green or habernero chile peppers.

Dinners: 8oz Atlantic wild Codfish, wild salmon, sea scallops, or medium shrimp; 2 cups celery, 2 cucumbers, 2 roasted North Carolina or jalapeño or Hatch hot green or habernero chile peppers.

Snacks/Protein Supplements: Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, fresh raspberries, Mt Athos olives with garlic cloves, Siggis plain yogurt, fresh blueberries, MuscleFeast Powdered Protein, and low-fat Muscle Milk 20g, 100 calories, and 32g, 160 calories, protein shake (on-the-go protein supplement), and Quest bars (for the 14g of fiber, 20g of protein, and 200-400mg of potassium).

Daily Vitamins/supplements: AST Multi-Pro 32x multivitamin (morning), 1300mg CLA x 3 with meals, 1000mg x 3 HMB with meals, Cal-Mag-Zinc (100%/125%/167%), 2200 IU Vitamin D3, 900mg omega-3 fish oil in the morning, 200mg x 2 Potassium, 500mg lysine, 100mg nicotinamine, 1,500 mg ashwagandha powder, 2g Cissus Quadrangularis, 50mg glutathione, 100mg milk thistle, 500mg carnitine, 100mg theonine, Prime Labs Prime Test Booster, 610mg fenugreek, 2g turmeric curcumin, 800mg quercetin and 165mg bromelain, 1g arginine, 365 Age 50+ Multivitamin no-iron w/boron (bedtime).

I drink 120oz - 140oz of water each day.

I have also done a health genetic risk analysis identifying substantially high risk (7x) for thromboembolism. (blood clot forma in the leg and travels to the lungs or brain). It’s not scary as long as I stay fit and remember to get up and walk around for 5-10 min every hour or so. I avoid air travel longer than 2 hours.

Current Injuries (Young guys-pay attention to what you have to look forward to as you age! ): Nursing a pulled hamstring (was sprinting with my training partner; quads are much stronger than hamstrings and hamstring couldn’t take the stress and popped) from 2 weeks ago currently limiting deadlift, squat, and leg press activities. Chronic bursitis, fasciitis, and arthritis pain in shoulders limiting shoulder training. I treat painful injuries with OTC CVS capsaicin roll-on before training. Capsaicin is the compound that makes chile peppers hot.

Training Plan (resistance):
Sunday, Tuesdays, and Thursday’s are triceps, chest, shoulder, and posterior chain (deadlift) days. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are biceps, lats, and leg (quads and hamstrings) days. Saturdays are rest days. Core work is every day (plank variations, Russian twists, Romanian crunches, and other assorted core exercises). At my age, I don’t do 1 rep maximums. I do reps and weights that don’t hurt my joints and connective tissue.

Training Plan: Aerobic training.
Minimum 10,000 steps per day (~4.5 miles).

July 1, 2018 (first day back since ending Keto diet so it’s a light workout)

9am
Pre-workout: GNC Beyond Raw Lit “Spiced Cider” flavor w/ 20oz of water, 2 tablespoons of Braggs apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 tablespoon of ashagwandha.

3 capsules Vector
2 capsules Follidrone
Camel tobacco snus pouch

9am-11am
~13,500 steps (~6 miles) and 40 incline push-ups; 85 degrees Fahrenheit.

11am
Controlled Labs Purple Wrath Intraworkout powder with 20oz water; 2 scoops.

11:15am
Controlled Labs White Rapids Pre-workout powder with 20oz water; 2 scoops.

11:15am-12:15am
DB hammer grip twist bench press (180 sec rest between sets)
60# x 3 x 8

DB triceps kickbacks - left arm and right arm (30 sec rest between sets)
22.5# x 1 x 12 (L & R)
20# x 1 x 12
20# x 1 x 10

Overhead one arm cable tricep extensions (30 sec rest between sets)
12.5# x 1 x 12
12.5# x 1 x 10
12.5# x 1 x 8

EZ bar close grip curls
60# x 1 x 12

Seated dips (30 sec rest between sets)
140# x 1 x 10
140# x 1 x 12
160# x 1 x 12

EZ bar deadlifts (30 sec rest between sets)
90# x 3 x 12

Overhead rope cable tricep extensions
27.5# x 1 x 12

Incline plank
60 sec x 2

Big ball bridges (light hamstring workout)

2 legs (30 sec rest between sets)
2 x 10

1 leg ( each leg)
1 x 6

Romanian crunches
1 x 40

Elbow plank
1 x 60 sec

This workout is after my first day and first dose of Vector/Follidrone. It was a great day! I felt focused and strong! But I’m not sure if that was because it was my first day after my Keto diet or from Vector/Follidrone. With all the good reports from other loggers on this stack, I am expecting to notice some benefits in about a week or two. My previous max dumbbell hammer grip twist bench press maximum is 70# x 6. If I can get to 75# x 6 in a month, I’ll be a true believer in Vector/Follidrone. I struggled for 6 months to get from 65# to 70# because of weak forearms/control. As the log shows, I’m currently at 3 sets of 60# x 8 with relative ease. I should be back at 70# x 6 in a week or so. I’m gonna work this one!

Thank you all in advance for your support!

Humble

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welcome to the board.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! Welcome!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What a great background story! I'm going on 54 and this inspires me to keep it going after a similar life-mishap-drop-the-ball-pick-it-up-again in 2014. You're right about the injury theme. Had a crash my bike moment where I thought it was over, but not a scratch, just some bruised ribs and ego. Curbs are bad things for bikes.

Will follow your log! Welcome to AM!
-M

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome intro sir! In to follow along and be inspired

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
July 2, 2018

7:30am
3 Eggs scrambled with mushrooms, 2oz salmon, and pickled jalapeño. 2 pieces bacon. 1/2 pint of blueberries.

8:30am-9:30am
Power walk
~5,600 steps (~2.5 miles) and 20 incline lunges (each leg); 85 degrees Fahrenheit.

12:00 Noon
93% lean hamburger
6oz fresh raspberries
1 banana
Brownie bar

12:45am
Controlled Labs White Rapids Pre-workout powder with 20oz water; 2 scoops.; 5g creatine

HIIT resistance circuit
1:00pm-1:40pm

Reverse dip shrugs-Machine assist targeting lower lats (30 sec between sets)
70# assist 1 x 12
60# assist 1 x 10
40# assist 1 x 6

Pull ups-Machine assist (30 sec between sets)
60# assist 1 x 3
70# assist 1 x 6
70# assist 1 x 5

One arm DB row (30 sec between sets)
50# x 3 x 12

EZ bar inside grip curl to failure (60 sec between sets)
80# x 1 x 3
70# x 1 x 8
60# x 1 x 12
60# x 1 x 11

EZ bar inside grip reverse curl to failure (60 sec between sets)
60# x 1 x 12
60# x 1 x 11
60# x 1 x 10

DB alternating arm curls w/twist (30 sec between sets)

25# x 1 x 16
20# x 1 x 16
20# x 1 x 11

Cut the workout short. Started strong. But became severely light-headed and got a headache on the last sets so called it a day. I was thinking dehydration from the power walk earlier in the AM was the cause. It didn’t make sense since I drank 60oz of water in the morning. Felt better by Dinner. After a great sea scallops and steamed spinach dinner (3 caps of Vector and 1 cap Follidrone), I began to have digestion problems. Hard to say what’s going on. I rarely get sick, much less light-headed or have indigestion.

Tomorrow’s a new day. Looking forward to getting back in the gym!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope tomorrow is better for you!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
July 2, 2018

7:30am
3 Eggs scrambled with mushrooms, 2oz salmon, and pickled jalapeño. 2 pieces bacon. 1/2 pint of blueberries.

8:30am-9:30am
Power walk
~5,600 steps (~2.5 miles) and 20 incline lunges (each leg); 85 degrees Fahrenheit.

12:00 Noon
93% lean hamburger
6oz fresh raspberries
1 banana
Brownie bar

12:45am
Controlled Labs White Rapids Pre-workout powder with 20oz water; 2 scoops.; 5g creatine

HIIT resistance circuit
1:00pm-1:40pm

Reverse dip shrugs-Machine assist targeting lower lats (30 sec between sets)
70# assist 1 x 12
60# assist 1 x 10
40# assist 1 x 6

Pull ups-Machine assist (30 sec between sets)
60# assist 1 x 3
70# assist 1 x 6
70# assist 1 x 5

One arm DB row (30 sec between sets)
50# x 3 x 12

80# x 1 x 3
70# x 1 x 8
60# x 1 x 12
60# x 1 x 11

60# x 1 x 12
60# x 1 x 11
60# x 1 x 10

25# x 1 x 16
20# x 1 x 16
20# x 1 x 11

Cut the workout short. Started strong. But became severely light-headed and got a headache on the last sets so called it a day. I was thinking dehydration from the power walk earlier in the AM was the cause. It didn’t make sense since I drank 60oz of water in the morning. Felt better by Dinner. After a great sea scallops and steamed spinach dinner (3 caps of Vector and 1 cap Follidrone), I began to have digestion problems. Hard to say what’s going on. I rarely get sick, much less light-headed or have indigestion.

Tomorrow’s a new day. Looking forward to getting back in the gym!
Do you have an intra-workout? Something to sip on during your workout or in the middle?
Try Amino Infusion / under $20 shipped. Also, give it a week or two, and all will clear up. Do you take a pro-biotic? They help too.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Do you have an intra-workout? Something to sip on during your workout or in the middle?
Try Amino Infusion / under $20 shipped. Also, give it a week or two, and all will clear up. Do you take a pro-biotic? They help too.
Amino infusion + powdered carb source is a great combo for intra workout. You should notice a difference very quickly

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Thanks justhere4comm!

I usually use GNC’s Beyond Raw BCAA (10g dose) Black Cherry (my favorite flavor) or Controlled Labs Purple Wrath (14g dose) for intraworkout. Yesterday was Beyond Raw. I do a pro-biotic every morning that includes bacillus coaqulans. There is some research suggesting bacillus coaqulans is an anabolic pro-biotic. I eat Icelandic plain yogurt every day with pro-booties. I also drank 50oz of water during the workout. I’m thinking yesterday was just an anomaly.

But I have to say for the first time I can remember in 61 years on this earth that I had psychedelic terror dreams last night and only slept 4.5 hours. I had a full daily course of Vector yesterday with the last full dosing at 6:30pm. Bedtime at 12:30am. That’s a six hour window between Vector dosing and effect. Others have mentioned wild dreaming while using Vector. I hope this goes away over time. After doing deeper research into Korean Mistletoe extract, I didn’t find any reported dreaming side effects. Do we know which agent in the product causes this? Could the dreaming be caused by an interaction effect with other agents in Vector or Follidrone? There is probably no way to know at this time. Just curious.

Again, thank you!

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Amino infusion + powdered carb source is a great combo for intra workout. You should notice a difference very quickly
Thank you, Todd!

I did have a high carb pre-workout (banana, brownie bar) and post-workout carb load. I debated having another carb/protein bar at the 45 minute mark and continuing, but it didn’t feel like a hypo-glycemic light-headedness. It was more like a lack of oxygen to the brain light-headedness. And my breathing was spot on. Again, I’m thinking it was just an anomaly. I’ll be monitoring today’s workout carefully given the lack of sleep last night. Oh, and no power walking in the crushing heat today! It’s all trial and error. I’ll figure it out!

Again, thank you!

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Had a great workout today! It felt good and it felt right! Yesterday’s issues were likely mild heat exhaustion from the early morning power walk. No power walk today!

I like a 75 minute workout using a HIIT circuit protocol. The exhaustion at the end of the circuit feels good, feels strong!

I’m especially pleased with my DB bench, moving up from 60# x 3 x 8 on Sunday to 65# x 3 x 8 today. Friday will be a try for my recent personal max 70# x 3 x 6 before the 7 week Keto diet.

75#, here I come...Vector/Follidrone permitting!

July 3, 2018

10:30am: Pre-workout: GNC Beyond Raw Lit-Spiced Cider flavor w/ 20oz of water, 2 tablespoons of Braggs apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 tablespoon of ashwagandha.

11:45am
Controlled Labs White Rapids Pre-workout powder with 20oz water; 2 scoops. Muscletech Hyperbuild aminos w/creatine.

3 capsules Vector
2 capsules Follidrone

12:15pm:

12:15am-1:30pm:
DB hammer grip twist bench press (4 min. rest between sets)
65# x 3 x 8

25# x 1 x 10
22.5# x 1 x 12
22.5# x 1 x 11

DB skull crushers - two arms in tandem (30 sec rest between sets)
20# x 1 x 10
17.5# x 1 x 12
17.5# x 1 x 11

Incline push ups (30 sec rest between sets)
3 x 10

Full range two arm overhead cable rope tricep extensions (30 sec rest between sets)
25# x 1 x 12
22.5# x 1 x 12
22.5# x 1 x 11

EZ bar close grip curls
60# x 1 x 8

EZ bar close grip reverse curls
60# x 1 x 6

EZ bar deadlifts (30 sec rest between sets)
100# x 3 x 12

Russian twists
1 x 40

Romanian crunches
1 x 40

Elbow plank
1 x 60 sec

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes sir! Thank you for the great and detailed log so far! BLR products will not let you down!

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
July 4, 2018

Happy Fourth of July!!

Great day! Slept 6.5 hours with no wild dreams! Still not sure if Vector/Follidrone is having an effect. Past loggers suggest it takes a week or two to begin to see results. I’m patient and looking forward to increased strength from the BLR stack consistent with past loggers. The workout was solid. There were a lot of people working out this holiday morning at local LA Fitness. I like it when it’s crowded. Gives me a push to work hard.

What am I missing?

8:00am
3 Eggs sunny side up. 2 pieces bacon. 1/2 pint of blueberries. Vitamins and natty test boosters.

10am: Pre-workout: GNC Beyond Raw Lit-Spiced Cider flavor w/ 20oz of water, 2 tablespoons of Braggs apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 tablespoon of ashagwandha.

10:45am
Pre-workout: Controlled Labs White Rapids powder with 20oz water, 1 scoop; HyperBuild EEAs w/ 4g creatine, 1 scoop

3 capsules Vector
2 capsules Follidrone

11am: Controlled Labs Purple Wrath Intraworkout powder with 20oz water, 2 scoops.

No cardio

HIIT resistance circuit
11:00pm-12:10Noon

50# band work warmup
One arm oblique band twists
2 x 12
Two arm band curl 3 x 10
Two arm reverse band curl 3 x 8

Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down Machine -targeting lower back muscles (30 sec between sets) 80# assist 3 x 8

Reverse grip seated rows machine - targeting lower back muscles (30 sec between sets)
50# assist 3 x 12

70# x 1 x 8
60# x 2 x 12

60# x 1 x 8
50# x 1 x 12
50# x 1 x 11

25# x 3 x 16

DB Goblet squats (60 sec between sets)
55# x 3 x 12

Close grip reverse curls machine (30 sec between sets)
27.5# x 1 x 12
32.5# x 2 x 8

Overhead one arm cable tricep extensions (30 sec rest between sets)
12.5# x 1 x 8

Plank
1 x 60 sec

Romanian crunches
1 x 40

Elbow side plank
1 x 60 sec

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In! We old fuggers have to watch out for one another! ;)

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for joining christ! I noticed that you push some heavy weight around. Props for the strength!
Thanks man! Thats my ultimate goal. I want to keep getting stronger and take my strength somewhere. Curious to see how vector and follidrone work out for you. Also your story is very inspiring its always nice to see someone pick themselves back up after losing their way and reaching their goals again

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Had a solid workout today despite eating and drinking too much yesterday. No power walk. I’m concentrating my tricep work on my underdeveloped long head. I try to hit the long heads from several different angles to maximize strength and growth. Lateral and medial heads are well defined.

Weight = 192 lbs.

8:30am
3 eggs sunny side up. 2 pieces bacon. 1/2 pint of blueberries. Almonds, walnuts, cashews. Vitamins and natty test boosters. 570 calories. 22% carbs, 54% fats; 24% protein.

July 5, 2018

11:45am: Pre-workout: GNC Beyond Raw Lit-Spiced Cider flavor w/ 20oz of water, 2 tablespoons of Braggs apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 tablespoon of ashwagandha.

1:00pm
6oz grilled organic chicken. Ollie protein bar; honey crisp apple. Protein garlic chips.680 calories. 33% carbs, 21% fats; 46% protein.

1:15pm
Controlled Labs White Rapids Pre-workout powder with 20oz water; 2 scoops. Muscletech Hyperbuild aminos w/creatine, 1 scoop.

3 capsules Vector
2 capsules Follidrone

1:30pm:

1:30pm-2:45pm:
65# x 3 x 8
This is my preferred bench press style because it is easiest on the shoulders. I have a history of shoulder issues (fascitis, bursitis, arthritis, rotocuff pain) Struggled on the last set.

25# x 1 x 10
22.5# x 1 x 10
20# x 1 x 10

DB skull crushers - two arms in tandem (30 sec rest between sets)-to failure
17.5# x 1 x 12
17.5# x 1 x 9
17.5# x 1 x 7

Olympic bar deadlifts (30 sec rest between sets)
135# x 3 x 10
(Still nursing hamstring pull from 2 weeks ago)

Full range one arm overhead cable rope tricep extensions (30 sec rest between sets)-to failure.
12.5# x 1 x 12
12.5# x 1 x 10
12.5# x 1 x 9
My triceps long heads were screaming, “No Mas! No Mas!” Tribute to Roberto Duran!

Incline push ups (30 sec rest between sets)-to failure.
1 x 12
2 x 10
Last set was a struggle.

Russian twists
1 x 30

Romanian crunches
1 x 40

Plank
1 x 60 sec

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
July 6, 2018

Great day! Slept 7 hours. I was a little subdued today, not as energetic. I’ve been pushing my muscles hard all week and they have a “good” soreness to them. Tomorrow is a rest day. Good timing!

I seem to be gaining weight. Mostly water I’m guessing from the creatine. Muscles feel harder so that’s a good thing!

Weight = 194

9:00am
3 Egg omelette w 3oz mushrooms and 1oz cheddar cheese. 2 pieces bacon. 6oz raspberries. Vitamins and natty test boosters. 560 calories.

11am: Pre-workout: GNC Beyond Raw Lit-Spiced Cider flavor w/ 20oz of water, 2 tablespoons of Braggs apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 tablespoon of ashagwandha.

Honey crisp apple
Kind bar snack
220 calories

11:30am
Pre-workout: Controlled Labs White Rapids powder with 20oz water, 1 scoop; HyperBuild EEAs w/ 4g creatine, 1 scoop

3 capsules Vector
2 capsules Follidrone

12Noon: Controlled Labs Purple Wrath Intraworkout powder with 20oz water, 2 scoops.

No cardio

HIIT resistance circuit
12:00Noon-1:00pm

50# band work warmup
Two arm band curl
2 x 10
Two arm reverse band curl
2 x 8

Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down Plate Machine -targeting lower back muscles (30 sec between sets)
90# resistance 3 x 10

Reverse Grip seated rows machine - targeting lower back muscles (30 sec between sets)
50# resistance 3 x 12

EZ bar inside grip curl (60 sec between sets)
70# x 1 x 8
60# x 3 x 12

EZ bar outside grip curl (60 sec between sets)
60# x 3 x 10

EZ bar inside grip reverse Grip (60 sec between sets)
50# x 3 x 8

25# x 3 x 16

55# x 3 x 12

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lot of dedication here!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
July 6, 2018

Great day! Slept 7 hours. I was a little subdued today, not as energetic. I’ve been pushing my muscles hard all week and they have a “good” soreness to them. Tomorrow is a rest day. Good timing!

I seem to be gaining weight. Mostly water I’m guessing from the creatine. Muscles feel harder so that’s a good thing!

Weight = 194

9:00am
3 Egg omelette w 3oz mushrooms and 1oz cheddar cheese. 2 pieces bacon. 6oz raspberries. Vitamins and natty test boosters. 560 calories.

11am: Pre-workout: GNC Beyond Raw Lit-Spiced Cider flavor w/ 20oz of water, 2 tablespoons of Braggs apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 tablespoon of ashagwandha.

Honey crisp apple
Kind bar snack
220 calories

3 capsules Vector
2 capsules Follidrone

12Noon: Controlled Labs Purple Wrath Intraworkout powder with 20oz water, 2 scoops.

No cardio

HIIT resistance circuit

50# band work warmup
Two arm band curl
2 x 10
Two arm reverse band curl
2 x 8

Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down Plate Machine -targeting lower back muscles (30 sec between sets)
90# resistance 3 x 10

Reverse Grip seated rows machine - targeting lower back muscles (30 sec between sets)
50# resistance 3 x 12

70# x 1 x 8
60# x 3 x 12

EZ bar outside grip curl (60 sec between sets)
60# x 3 x 10

EZ bar inside grip reverse Grip (60 sec between sets)
50# x 3 x 8

25# x 3 x 16

55# x 3 x 12

Thank you for the incredibly detailed log!

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
July 8, 2018

Yesterday was a needed rest day. Today I power walked in the AM before going to the gym. I’m feeling “beefier” with considerable weight gain. It looks and feels like muscle. I can see some much needed growth in the long head of my triceps. I’m inclined to attribute part of that to the Vector/Follidrone stack after just one week. I had worked the long head from February to April earlier this year with barely noticeable results. Shoulders are giving me some pain...the good news is the pain didn’t effect my workout. Family commitments didn’t leave enough time for core work. No biggie as long as I get my DB bench press and deadlifts in.

Weight = 197 lbs.

3 scrambled eggs with mushrooms and North Carolina hot peppers. 2 pieces bacon. 1/2 pint of blueberries. Almonds, walnuts, cashews. Vitamins and natty test boosters. 800 calories. 13% carbs, 58% fats; 29% protein.

10:00am: Pre-workout: GNC Beyond Raw Lit-Spiced Cider flavor w/ 20oz of water, 2 tablespoons of Braggs apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 tablespoon of ashwagandha.

10:00 - 11:00am
Cardio- 3 mile power walk.

Controlled Labs White Rapids Pre-workout powder with 20oz water; 2 scoops. Muscletech Hyperbuild aminos w/creatine, 1 scoop.

3 capsules Vector
2 capsules Follidrone

12:20pm:

12:20pm - 1:20pm:
60# x 1 x 8
65# x 2 x 8

25# x 1 x 10
22.5# x 2 x 10

DB skull crushers - two arms in tandem (30 sec rest between sets)
17.5# x 3 x 10

Olympic bar deadlifts (30 sec rest between sets)
155# x 3 x 10
(hamstring pull still tender but improving so moved up to 155# from 135# three days ago. It get great to move up in weight on the deadlift!)

Full range one arm overhead cable rope tricep extensions (30 sec rest between sets)-to failure.
12.5# x 3 x 10

1:20pm
Post workout feed - 540 calories
Protein bar - 7g sugar and 15g protein
Muscle Milk Knockout -32g protein
Broiled Catfish - 6oz, 38g protein

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow. You said you were between 188-193 when u started and weighed in at 197 today. I know a lot of that’s simply from eating but even half bc of supps which would be 4.5-2 lbs is awesome. Would b cool if u did some comparisons going forward. I know not everyone is down with that but it’s crazy valuable when evaluating gains. Just my 2 cents but awesome in any case

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Wow. You said you were between 188-193 when u started and weighed in at 197 today. I know a lot of that’s simply from eating but even half bc of supps which would be 4.5-2 lbs is awesome. Would b cool if u did some comparisons going forward. I know not everyone is down with that but it’s crazy valuable when evaluating gains. Just my 2 cents but awesome in any case
Thanks bloodnthunder!

After two years of carefully monitoring my weight, daily calories, macro nutrients, and weekly body composition, I do know that my weight is highly variable. Water intake and retention (intracellular & extracellular), stools retention, glycogen replenishment, fat loss or gain, muscle loss or gain--these all play a part in body weight.

For example, I estimate that 4.5 to 5 lbs of this weight gain is replenishment of my glycogen after a 7 week ketogenic diet. Remember, my liver glycogen was totally depleted 3 days after starting the keto diet! Stools have been a little hard lately as well so that might be some of it. Generally, my muscle gains have been as much as 1.5 lbs a month when routinely doing my weightlifting circuit. As an old guy, it's hard to build muscle!

Interestingly, if I measure my muscle mass right after pumping heavy iron (and filling my muscles with blood and water) it can make a difference of up to 4-5 lbs muscle mass. So I generally don't lift 24 hours before hitting the InBody scale.

My focus is on the body composition trends over time, not weekly weight gain. And if the body composition metrics from the InBody electrical impedance scale match my visual perception of my body over time, I trust the results.

After my second week of the 7 week keto diet (May 12-June 30), the InBody scale said I lost 4 lbs of body fat in one week. I didn't believe it even though I could visually see a substantial reduction in body fat, especially in the belly area. In the next 5 weeks, the scale said I lost an additional 3 lbs. of body fat but I didn't really see it visually. The body does some weird stuff--gains and losses in body fat come in chunks for me when least expected. My last measurement in June put me at 15% body fat after being at 14% for several weeks. I didn't add fat mass, but I lost some muscle mass. On the other hand, my personal InBody band body fat measurement tool put me as low as 12% during that time. My conclusion is that my body fat percent is probably between 13% and 15%. When I started measuring body fat percent with the InBody scale, it was 35%...and I looked like it!

I'm going back for body composition measurement in three weeks. That should give me a better indication of what is going on during this Vector/Follidrone log.

By that time I should be able to post my body composition difference results from late June to late July. I'm thinking AM members will find it interesting.

I look at this month as an experiment. In fact, there is nothing more fun for me than experimenting with different diet, supplement, and fitness protocols and routines. I'm learning by doing, just like everything in life.

To make a long story short, I believe the Vector/Follidrone is partially responsible for hardening and strengthening my muscles based on my past 16 months of experience weightlifting. Time will tell.

Again, thank you for your support!

Humble

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
July 9, 2018

Before starting, I have a question for BLR reps or anyone who has been using Vector/Follidrone. Does it make sense to skip dosing of Vector/Follidrone or maybe take a half dose on rest days?

Now back to the program already in progress!

Great day! Slept 6 1/2 hours! Had a great workout! Trying to get the “pop” back in my biceps. The biceps and brachialis were pumped up big time! And after two earlier “easy” biceps workouts over the past 8 days, they were finally ready for some volume! My lats need serious work and today they felt stronger during the workout than a couple days ago.

I’m going to scale back to 5 workouts per week instead of 6. Six workouts last week had my butt dragging by Saturday! These old muscles need more recovery time! So no log tomorrow and Thursday. Be back at it on Wednesday!

3 Eggs sunny side up. 2 pieces bacon. 6oz raspberries. Vitamins and natty test boosters. 470 calories. 20% carbs; 50% fat; 30% protein

Weight = 197lbs

3 capsules Vector
2 capsules Follidrone

Ollie Peanut Butter Chocolate protein bar
6 oz Raspberries
Mini Chocolate candy bar
400 calories, 45% carbs; 25% fat; 30% protein.

No cardio

HIIT resistance circuit

Close grip lat pull down cable machine (30 sec between sets)
80# 4 x 10

Diverging Lat Pull Down machine (30 sec between sets)
80# 4 x 10

High row reverse grip plate machine - targeting lower lats (30 sec between sets)
140# resistance 4 x 8

70# x 4 x 8
60# x 1 x 16

EZ bar outside grip curl (30 sec between sets)
60# x 4 x 10

EZ bar inside grip reverse curls (30 sec between sets)
50# x 4 x 8
40# x 4 x 16

25# x 3 x 16

Two arm rope reverse grip curls
27.5# x 3 x 12

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another good workout! As far as your question, I always dose both vector and follidrone the Same on both lift days and off days.

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
July 12, 2018

After two days off from lifting weights, I was hopeful today would be one with progression in volume. No such luck!

The mind/muscle connection wasn’t there today. When mind/muscle is there, all I have to do is look at the weights and it seems like they lift themselves. I’ve had a touch of allergies lately and that may be responsible for the lack of mind/muscle connection. ? Everything seemed a little foggy. Nevertheless, it was a solid workout. The deadlift felt the best of all my lifts even though my form sucked on the first set. Too much back and not enough legs.

Will continue to isolate my triceps long-head given the visible size increase over the last couple of weeks.

Weight = 195lbs.

4 eggs over easy. 2 pieces bacon. Quest protein bar. Vitamins and natty test boosters. 636 calories. 16% carbs, 48% fats; 36% protein.

12:15pm

1 cup blueberries.
Chocolate
175 calories
30g carbs, 9g fat, 2g protein.

3 capsules Vector
2 capsules Follidrone

12:30pm:
SteelFit Intraworkout BCAA powder with 20oz water; 1 scoop.

12:30pm - 1:40pm:
50# “Band work” warmup
Punch twists - targeting obliques and arm/shoulders.
4 x 12

60# x 2 x 8
65# x 1 x 8 (good mind/muscle on this set!)

25# x 1 x 10
22.5# x 2 x 10

DB skull crushers - two arms in tandem (60 sec rest between sets)-to failure on 3rd set.
17.5# x 3 x 10

Olympic bar deadlifts (4 min. rest between sets)
155# x 3 x 10

Full range one arm overhead cable rope tricep extensions (30 sec rest between sets)-to failure on 3rd set, tricep long heads were screaming on the 10th rep!
12.5# x 3 x 10

Seated Hammer crunches w 50lbs resistance
50# x 1 x 20

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
July 13,2018

Today was a phenomenal day!

Slept 6 hours. Had the best workout since coming off of the Keto diet two weeks ago. Even got some goblet squats in! Mind/muscle connection was there. Higher weights and more reps per set than the last time out for biceps/lats/squat day. That’s how it’s supposed to be!

Still not sure what’s going on with Vector/ Follidrone. It’s only been two weeks. My muscles are visually larger. But they were pretty flat coming off 7 weeks of low calorie (~1000-1200 per day). keto diet. If workouts like today continue (increased strength, reps), that would be something to talk about!

Have a great weekend everyone! See you back here tomorrow!

Kelloggs cinnamon crunch high protein cereal. 1 cup blueberries. 6oz raspberries. Vitamins and natty test boosters. 470 calories. 20% carbs; 50% fat; 30% protein.

11:45am

3 capsules Vector
2 capsules Follidrone

Mini Chocolate candy bar
400 calories, 45% carbs; 25% fat; 30% protein.

No cardio

HIIT resistance circuit
12:00Noon-1:10pm

50# “Band work” warmup
Punch twists - targeting obliques and arm/shoulders.
4 x 20

50# “Band work” warmup
Reverse curls - targeting biceps brachialis and emphasizing slow eccentric movement.
1 x 20

Close grip lat pull down cable machine (30 sec between sets)
80# 4 x 10

80# x 1 x 4
70# x 3 x 8

Dumbbell one arm rows (60 sec between sets)
52.5# x 3 x 12

DB alternating arm curls w/ 2 second hard flex at top of contraction (30 sec between sets)
25# x 3 x 20

Low row plate machine - targeting lower lats (30 sec between sets)
140# resistance 4 x 8

Goblet squat (60 sec between sets)
55# x 1 x 12
60# x 1 x 12
65# x 1 x 12

Inside grip reverse curls on cable machine (30 sec between sets)
27.5 # x 4 x 12

Curls on cable machine w/ 2 second hard flex at top of contraction
37.5 # x 1 x 20

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Felt like Superman today and pushed harder, especially on my dumbbell bench press and deadlift.

Did 3 sets of 65lbs on each arm with the DB bench press. Was able to get 8 reps on the first two sets, but failed on the 8th rep of the third set.

Learned that my grip is very weak on the deadlift at higher weight (175lbs vs. 155lbs earlier this week).

I’ve got a grip master for my hands. Guess I need to use it every day to get the grip I need for higher deadlift weight.

My muscles are getting harder and fuller. Things are going well with Vector/Follidrone!

Below is my 75 min. HIIT workout.

IMG_2220.JPG
IMG_2221.JPG
IMG_2222.JPG

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday’s volume crashed me. Sore all over. Energy level down all day. But I rallied in the evening and had a solid workout!

I believe the Vector/Follidrone effect is increasing my strength and muscle size. It’s marginal, but seems real compared to my prior weight lifting cycles. I’m looking forward to the next two weeks of this cycle!

Here’s my evening workout.

IMG_2225.JPG

IMG_2226.JPG

IMG_2227.JPG

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn dude I’m not surprised yesterday’s workout got you sore! Kicking butt in here sir.

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Damn dude I’m not surprised yesterday’s workout got you sore! Kicking butt in here sir.
Thank you, Nick!

I do all my workouts in 60-75 minutes. HIITing it to get through the routine. And I have only had 3 rest days in the past 15. Sometimes I forget that I’m 61 years old and need a little rest. Today is a rest day.

Best of all, I’m starting to see unprecedented muscle growth over the past few days. If this continues, I’ll be touting the Vector/Follidrone stack! I’m looking forward to getting back in the gym tomorrow!

Again, thanks!

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
July 17, 2018

Today was a maintenance workout, with no heavy and low rep lifts. 60 minute HIIT circuit. Weighed in at 198 lbs this AM.

Somehow, I’ve developed tendinitis in my shoulders despite avoiding lifts that put undue stress on them. The good news is that when I feel pain in my shoulders during my workout, I know my form is off.

I’m liking the Vector/Follidrone stack. More muscle, more strength, more confidence.

Worked the legs today with some leg presses and hamstring curls. My right hammy is finally healed enough to work it. Pulled it sprinting 50 yd dashes four weeks ago (beat my trainer!)

What used to heal in a week when I was in my 20s now takes a month in my 60s.

As my grandma used to say, “Growing old isn’t for sissies.”

Everyone have a great day!

Here is my workout today.

IMG_2234.JPG
IMG_2235.JPG
IMG_2236.JPG

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
After a couple days of rest, I was looking forward to getting back to the gym! Worked out late tonight after work. Got to the gym at 7:30pm. I wasn’t feeling the pump after taking a pre-workout with 9g of citrulline and other stims half an hour before the workout. It took the deadlift to finally feel a pump.

I’m frustrated that it’s taking so long to get some real size increases after isolating the long head of my triceps for the past three weeks. Don’t get me wrong, there is some noticeable size increase. Just seems to take a long time to grow that muscle compared to my lateral head, I guess.

Bottom line is it felt good to get back to the gym. It always raises my spirits!

Did a circuit HIIT for 70 minutes. Weighed in at 199 this AM.

Life is busy, but good!

Here’s my workout:

IMG_2255.JPG
IMG_2256.JPG
IMG_2257.JPG

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome dedication!

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Today was a great workout on the back, biceps, and legs...with a little tricep work thrown in for gains.

Yesterday was a rest day. I think I’ve been overtraining for the first couple weeks so I’m adding additional rest days this week. Three to be exact. My problem is I enjoy spending some time in the gym every day. I feel like I’m 20 years old again when in the gym.

Thinking I’ll throw in some cardio this week, dial back the calories, and try to drop a couple lbs.

But tomorrow is my bench, triceps, and deadlift day!

Be safe and get strong out there!

Here is today’s workout. The leg work pumped up the volume big time. But it felt great!

IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2265.JPG
IMG_2266.JPG
IMG_2267.JPG

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Today was less volume than most workouts. It felt right given yesterday’s heavy volume.

Weight =200 lbs.
Sleep = 7 hours.

I’m changing up my long head triceps exercises from dumbbell bench press and Kickbacks to Smith Machine bench press and Power bomb (seated behind the head tricep extensions with a dumbbell). Obviously, I need more variety, hitting the long head from different angles to increase growth/strength. So far, so good! I felt the burn on the long head more today than I have the past few weeks!

I’m also reducing my calories beginning today, mostly carbs. Will be going from a surplus of about 200-400 per day to a mild deficit of 200-400 calories below maintenance. Maintenance is about 2400-2600 on workout days and 2100-2300 on non-workout days. Hoping to lean up a bit by my next formal weigh-in on Friday. Got to stay below 15% body fat!

I had lost some muscle (~3 lbs.) during the 7 week keto in May and June. With the Vector/Follidrone boost in July, I’m expecting to have gained 4-6 lbs muscle this month. If true, that’s impressive! Normally, my muscle gains have been at max 2 lbs per month.

Here’s today’s workout:

IMG_2270.JPG
IMG_2271.JPG

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
I was going to take today off. But I was pumped to lift after work so I drifted off to the gym.

The great news is that my OL Re1gn and Massacr3 package arrived (thank you Strong Supplements weekend sale) so I threw a scoop of Re1gn and added 5g of citrulline for a total of 7.5g. I was pumped even more by the time I got to the gym! Lately, I haven’t been feeling the pump from citrulline so I’m upping the dose. I’m thinking the sweaty pump tonight was the Vaso6 in Re1gn. I also got some capsules of Vaso6 tonight. Looking forward to experimenting with Vaso!

Had some wild dreams last night, I’m thinking it was the Vector effect again.

The crazy thing is during the dream I was telling myself, here we go with the Vector hallucinations again! It was incredible to be in deep sleep and having an “awake” awareness. I haven’t remembered any dreams since the second night of using Vector. Slept for about 6 hours and felt refreshed all day.

I’ve can see a lot of muscle strength and size progress since starting the Vector/Follidrone (VF ) stack. My thinking is that most of my gains are due to solid diet, sleep, and regular exercise. But I believe the VF stack has made a difference. I’m guessing 20-25% of my gains are due to VF based on past progress without the stack. I still have a week to go on this log and this Friday is my body composition weigh-in. I’m looking forward to seeing the data.

Here is today’s workout:

IMG_2287.JPG
IMG_2288.JPG
IMG_2289.JPG

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Excited to see the body comp results! Seems like he stack has been helping out for sure! Coupled with your hard work, it’s quite the combo!

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Excited to see the body comp results! Seems like he stack has been helping out for sure! Coupled with your hard work, it’s quite the combo!
Thanks, nicksox15 ! I always look forward to the monthly body composition weigh-ins!

If the metrics match my visual assessment, the “psychic income” is very gratifying, making all the hard work and investment in natty supps worth it!

Again, thanks!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, nicksox15 ! I always look forward to the monthly body composition weigh-ins!

If the metrics match my visual assessment, the “psychic income” is very gratifying, making all the hard work and investment in natty supps worth it!

Again, thanks!
In for the nudez pics!

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Thursday July 26

Another great workout!

Today’s workout was less intense than most, but more of a “quiet riot “ of determination to increase weight and try new things to see if I can boost strength and muscle growth.

The best part of the workout were hitting 165 lbs. 4 x 8 on the deadlift! My goal is to deadlift 200 lbs. with ease by the end of the year.

I’m finally able to do some shoulder work after strengthening the tendons and ligaments and loosening up an osteocyte in the right shoulder. I’ve been working on those problems for 18 months! Steady “safe strength” wins the race! Time to get serious on building up the shoulder muscles!

Still looking forward to tomorrow’s body composition weigh-in!

Stay strong, AM brothers and sisters!

Here is tonight’s workout:

IMG_2292.JPG
IMG_2293.JPG
IMG_2294.JPG

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
Training Forum 6
Anabolics 4
Supplements 4
Anabolics 9