Newbie looking to get some tips for weight loss!

Ryanadam

Awards
Hello all,

As the title say I am newbie here. I just found this forum and looking to get some good tips for my weight loss.

Thank you!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Hello all,

As the title say I am newbie here. I just found this forum and looking to get some good tips for my weight loss.

Thank you!
Im not a highly trained professional on this like some guys on here but diet is the biggest part. Sure you can train hard and lose weight while not eating perfect but its best to eat as clean as possible. I know im the kind of guy that my body doesnt like to lean out unless im really watching what i eat

Ase_james

Awards
Stats please. Nees to know your current condition, and goals...

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A good start for someone new would be to look at your diet. Maybe find your macros and try and hit those numbers for awhile to see what type of results you can get some diet alone. Also find a good training program for your goal and then look into maybe adding some staple supplements into the mix. That's my quick start. For cutting caloric deficit will be the key. That means taking in less calories than what your maintenance calorie number is whether you eat less or do more cardio to reduce your overall caloric intake per day.

Ryanadam

Awards
Thanks to all for your great reply. Actually I didn't my goal yet. But I am much more interested to know about the pros and cons first.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the forum Ryan. The root of weight loss is driven by calories - you need to be burning more calories than you are consuming in order to lose weight. This can be done by increasing the amount of calories you're burning (working out or doing cardio), or by decreasing calorie intake (eating less food).

This is the foundation of weight loss/fat loss. If you give us some info about yourself (height, weight, age, training experience, etc.) we would be able to steer you in a better direction and provide better advice.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great advice up above. May I ask your age, weight and height?