New vial, forgot to swab

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
I have a vial of test and just now loaded the syringe with 1ml. I used a pulling needle and switched it out with a smaller injecting needle, the problem is I forgot to swab the vial before pulling the serum.

The vial is new, hasnt been opened and I switched out the needle, if I continue steril procedures prior to injection would that be safe or should I dispose of the serum? I would think it would be safe since I switched the needle and it was sealed prior. Just looking for opinions.

Thanks.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have a vial of test and just now loaded the syringe with 1ml. I used a pulling needle and switched it out with a smaller injecting needle, the problem is I forgot to swab the vial before pulling the serum.

The vial is new, hasnt been opened and I switched out the needle, if I continue steril procedures prior to injection would that be safe or should I dispose of the serum? I would think it would be safe since I switched the needle and it was sealed prior. Just looking for opinions.

Thanks.
You should be good if it was a new closed vial

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Cool, thanks a lot. I thought so just wanted to make sure, better safe than sorry

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
just watch for signs of infection over the next 2 days.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol...in 20 years ive never swabbed a vial..and ive been using the same draw needle for a month. Ive also never swabbed my skin. Pull, switch tips, pin

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol...in 20 years ive never swabbed a vial..and ive been using the same draw needle for a month. Ive also never swabbed my skin. Pull, switch tips, pin
damn bro.. ... .... ..... ........

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
damn bro.. ... .... ..... ........
A pro tipped me off on the draw pin. I was using two pins for every shot. The pin that goes into me is fresh out of the wrapper..and the draw pin has only been in the oil. Dude was competitive in the early 90s and hes been doing it like that for 30 years. Ill take his advice

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A pro tipped me off on the draw pin. I was using two pins for every shot. The pin that goes into me is fresh out of the wrapper..and the draw pin has only been in the oil. Dude was competitive in the early 90s and hes been doing it like that for 30 years. Ill take his advice
What do you do with the drawing pin between shots? Does it just sit out for days or?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
no offence bro.. my wife is a nurse and she says you nukin futz

you could loose a leg or something, all for why? because you couldnt take a sec ond wipe off any contaminates? didnt you see the pics of dan the bber?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
no offence bro.. my wife is a nurse and she says you nukin futz

you could loose a leg or something, all for why? because you couldnt take a sec ond wipe off any contaminates? didnt you see the pics of dan the bber?
Clear your inbox, brother.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you do with the drawing pin between shots? Does it just sit out for days or?
Wip it off with a sterile pad with alcohol and recap it with the cap from the inject pin i just opened.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wip it off with a sterile pad with alcohol and recap it with the cap from the inject pin i just opened.
Guess i could go back to 2 pins and starting wiping vial and hip..just got stuck in a bad habit i suppose.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That being said..i do a lot of dumb sh1t because im old and stubborn...but I will change my ways on this one fellas...promise.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Thanks.
I haven't swabbed in over 8 years on TRT.

Viatrophy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Type 1 diabetic here, had it since I was a baby. I use the same needles for up to a month at a time (til the syringe bends). I don't own any cotton swabs and have never used one since my parents stopped giving me my shots. I'm approaching 30 and, to date, have never really had an infection from any injection, and I take 4-6 a day. Back in my more reckless days, I'd even throw the vial in my pocket all day for weeks on end. Seriously!

Maybe things are different with anabolics but....I can't really think of a good reason why that be. Just posting to let you know you are probably good.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Type 1 diabetic here, had it since I was a baby. I use the same needles for up to a month at a time (til the syringe bends). I don't own any cotton swabs and have never used one since my parents stopped giving me my shots. I'm approaching 30 and, to date, have never really had an infection from any injection, and I take 4-6 a day. Back in my more reckless days, I'd even throw the vial in my pocket all day for weeks on end. Seriously!

Maybe things are different with anabolics but....I can't really think of a good reason why that be. Just posting to let you know you are probably good.
Damn bruh

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established

Damn, lol makes me feel better about forgetting to use an alcohol wipe once

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
to each his own i guess. but that one time you get MERSA on you ... you are fuking done not swabbing first. BTW Viatrophy you inject sub q ... we are talking about intra muscular and there tends to be alot of blood.. you think reusing the needle that long is sanitary? fek i would swap out needles every time just for the comfort of a sharp needle. i get that you use a smaller needle too so maybe it doesnt bother you in your stomach fat, but for most of us injecting into muscle bellies the though of a dull needle is blah... less pip as well with new and clean needles

Viatrophy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
to each his own i guess. but that one time you get MERSA on you ... you are fuking done not swabbing first. BTW Viatrophy you inject sub q ... we are talking about intra muscular and there tends to be alot of blood.. you think reusing the needle that long is sanitary? fek i would swap out needles every time just for the comfort of a sharp needle. i get that you use a smaller needle too so maybe it doesnt bother you in your stomach fat, but for most of us injecting into muscle bellies the though of a dull needle is blah... less pip as well with new and clean needles
Oh absolutely, man, for sure. I wouldn't reuse the needles for anything if I wasn't doing sub q.

Haha, Not trying to gross anyone out, just wanted to reassure OP that he probably got away with it. The surface of the vial is probably the cleanest part of it, and remember it's not like you're rubbing your syringe across the top of the vial or anything, you're just jabbing it in.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hat are signs of infections ?
I injected for first time ever in my shoulder tren ace test ace and my shoulder been hurting since Saturday ... I have read something about virgin muscle hopefully that’s it !
I swapped and I’m using slin pin half inch 30g

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
I hat are signs of infections ?
I injected for first time ever in my shoulder tren ace test ace and my shoulder been hurting since Saturday ... I have read something about virgin muscle hopefully that’s it !
I swapped and I’m using slin pin half inch 30g
Virgin muscle. Give it two weeks

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the laugh. Nice derail 10/10
What do u mean man ?
I mean it don’t make sense injecting in the other shoulder then I have another shoulder sore , like I said this is my first injecting cycle before was just orals . So I’m not sure what’s funny

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
What do u mean man ?
I mean it don’t make sense injecting in the other shoulder then I have another shoulder sore , like I said this is my first injecting cycle before was just orals . So I’m not sure what’s funny
You've made a lot of bad decisions already

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Like what ?
I have ran tren transdermal before so I know what to expect , what bad decisions ?
Like not having a clue what you're getting into. Rotate injection sites. Especially since you're gonna be feeling it in every muscle group. Lol

Tren a should be pinned daily. You're gonna feel like a pin cushion in about a week.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like not having a clue what you're getting into. Rotate injection sites. Especially since you're gonna be feeling it in every muscle group. Lol

Tren a should be pinned daily. You're gonna feel like a pin cushion in about a week.
I mean damn I just though all I have to do is pin I didn’t know this sh!t gonna hurt like that .
Anyways thank u so basically rotate till pain go away , got it.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use one alcohol swab. Open place on vial
Open 3ml 23 g syringe twist off 23. With 23 between fingers open 18 and twist on. Place 23 on alchohol pad and draw medicine. Pull a ml of air and switch needles. Push out any air swab hip with same alcohol pad.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
swollen red raised bump at injection site.. shoulders hurt to pin. try your left and right butt cheek. on the side. up higher towards the hip.
Ok awesome no red bump or swollen just sore and arm feel kinda numb like super slight numb

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Tbh, if you can't handle two weeks of pip you probably shouldnt be injecting anything into your body

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tbh, if you can't handle two weeks of pip you probably shouldnt be injecting anything into your body
I’ll deal with it ,I just didn’t expect this to last 2 weeks I didn’t say I can’t handle it .
The numb sensation is that normal ?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ll deal with it ,I just didn’t expect this to last 2 weeks I didn’t say I can’t handle it .
The numb sensation is that normal ?
Yeah the pain receptors get dulled a bit. Eventually it toughens up the muscle there. In both good and bad ways. Try to rotate sites as often as possible or scar tissue will develop. You’ll have hard golf ball in your shoulder or butt cheek.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the pain receptors get dulled a bit. Eventually it toughens up the muscle there. In both good and bad ways. Try to rotate sites as often as possible or scar tissue will develop. You’ll have hard golf ball in your shoulder or butt cheek.
Damn
Ok aside from glutes what other good sites

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
traps, chest ... rotate as needed...
personally i shoot glutes almost always. if i have a smaller shot say a 1/2 to 1 cc, then i will poke the shoulder. i dont care for the feeling of anything more in the delts.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
traps, chest ... rotate as needed...
personally i shoot glutes almost always. if i have a smaller shot say a 1/2 to 1 cc, then i will poke the shoulder. i dont care for the feeling of anything more in the delts.
Yeah that’s exactly what I have 1 cc 1/5 inch 30 g

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah that’s exactly what I have 1 cc 1/5 inch 30 g
How long does it take you to pin a cc with those? As in, how long does it take you to push in the oil?

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long does it take you to pin a cc with those? As in, how long does it take you to push in the oil?
Umm when I did it last time it took about 2 to 3 mins with me kinda forcing it lil

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Umm when I did it last time it took about 2 to 3 mins with me kinda forcing it lil
Buy some 27g. It will take it down to about a minute and I’ll bet it actually hurts less overall. All that time and pushing and your hand better be real steady or you’re doing more damage to the tissue than you need to.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Buy some 27g. It will take it down to about a minute and I’ll bet it actually hurts less overall. All that time and pushing and your hand better be real steady or you’re doing more damage to the tissue than you need to.
Damn that could be issue then !!! I got these pins originally for hgh