New Training Regimen

STEAKNDEDLIFT

STEAKNDEDLIFT

Awards
Thanks to everyone who helped me in the past week(s) in regards to a routine/program. I gathered suggestions and put this together. Please let me know your thoughts and if anything should be changed. Reminder: I have a garage gym so I lack cable machines. Thanks for your thoughts and expertise.

Day 1: Chest/Tri/Shoulders

Overhead Press
Warm Up Sets
1 x 5 (50% of max)
2 x 5 (60% of max)
1 x 5 (70% of max
1 x 3 (85% of max)
Working Sets:
4 x 5
1 x 5+ (failure)

Bench Press
Warm Up Sets
1 x 5 (50% of max)
2 x 5 (60% of max)
1 x 5 (70% of max
1 x 3 (85% of max)
Working Sets:
4 x 5
1 x 5+ (failure)

Lateral Raises
5 sets to failure

Incline DB BP
Warm Up Sets
1 x 5 (50% of max)
2 x 5 (60% of max)
1 x 5 (70% of max
1 x 3 (85% of max)
Working Sets:
4 x 5
1 x 5+ (failure)

Weighted Dips
5 sets to failure

Lying Tricep pullover
5 sets to failure

Banded Push Ups
5 sets to failure

Day 2: Legs/Calves/Abs

Deadlift
Warm Up Sets
1 x 5 (50% of max)
2 x 5 (60% of max)
1 x 5 (70% of max
1 x 3 (85% of max)
Working Sets:
4 x 5
1 x 5+ (failure)

Squat
Warm Up Sets
1 x 10 (45# bar)
2 x 5 (50% of max)
1 x 5 (60% of max)
1 x 5 (70% of max)
1 x 5 (85% of max)
Working Sets
4 x 5
1 x 5 + (failure)

Calf Raises
5 sets to Failure

Leg Extension
5 sets to failure

Planks
5 x 30 sec hold, 20 sec rest

Day 3: Back/Biceps

Weighted Chins
5 sets to failure

Weighted Australian Row
5 sets to failure

Cable Curl (with resistance band w/ handles)
5 sets to failure

Incline Barbell Row
5 sets to failure

EZ Curl
5 sets to failure

DB Rows
5 sets to failure

Hammer Curl
5 sets to failure

Day 4: Off/Cardio

HIIT -

Farmer Carries? 10 minutes - 45 sec on, 15 sec rest

Heavy bag

Sprints

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
So, what is your main focus? Hypertrophy? Strength?
Hitting each body part twice a week is smarter route, you can grow hitting each muscle group once a week, but twice has significant difference especially if you are trying to get stronger. Most big benchers bench at least twice a week, if not 3-4 times.

STEAKNDEDLIFT

STEAKNDEDLIFT

Awards
I thought 3 days on 1 day "off" would allow me to hit everything twice?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I thought 3 days on 1 day "off" would allow me to hit everything twice?
Oh, didnt realize that was what was happening. You are correct on that, you'd hit each muscle twice. You don't plan on competing right? If you plan to compete I'd Squat first and Deadlift after.

You hit your front delts a lot, and hit side, but no rear? If your photo is you, you might want to do more side delts as that is what gives it that round boulder look that people want.

Also you dont do any extra hamstring work on Leg day?

STEAKNDEDLIFT

STEAKNDEDLIFT

Awards
hmmm, best exercise for rear delts in your opinion? add another side delt exercise as well?

bulgarian split squats or kb swings for hamstring?

I'll switch up the order of the deadlift and squat. :fing02:

I want to make sure that I can get as big as possible with this regimen

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
hmmm, best exercise for rear delts in your opinion? add another side delt exercise as well?

bulgarian split squats or kb swings for hamstring?

I'll switch up the order of the deadlift and squat. :fing02:

I want to make sure that I can get as big as possible with this regimen
Reverse flys with dumbbell and facepulls for rear delt , if you have bands you could do side laterals for side delts.

Hamstrings is a bit tough but bulgarians split squats or good mornings. Kb swings maybe? I see that as cardio lol

You are just using linear progression for strength? AMRAP will get taxing unless you aren't going to total failure and even at that point.. Where did you get your idea for numbers/percentages on main lifts from?

It seems like a good mass building program at its base form, but that is a **** ton of sets to failure.
Whats diets like? You natty?

STEAKNDEDLIFT

STEAKNDEDLIFT

Awards
I am natty. I am intaking over 3k/day.

steak, rice, veggies. No cheating....except for one bag of cheese puffs on the last Sunday of every month. Other than that very very strict on intake.

Yes to linear progression. I have had a terrible time putting on mass anywhere but my lower midsection when I bulk so I figure I will have to go balls out in hopes of using all the extra carbs I am taking in.

doing AMRAP seemed like a good strategy but if I did something else in regards to my sets what would u do (5 x 5, 3 x 12 etc)

Really what it comes down to is a few years of aimlessly wandering around my garage pushing and pulling at random. My frustration is very very high and I want something that will work, with what I have.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I am natty. I am intaking over 3k/day.

steak, rice, veggies. No cheating....except for one bag of cheese puffs on the last Sunday of every month. Other than that very very strict on intake.

Yes to linear progression. I have had a terrible time putting on mass anywhere but my lower midsection when I bulk so I figure I will have to go balls out in hopes of using all the extra carbs I am taking in.

doing AMRAP seemed like a good strategy but if I did something else in regards to my sets what would u do (5 x 5, 3 x 12 etc)

Really what it comes down to is a few years of aimlessly wandering around my garage pushing and pulling at random. My frustration is very very high and I want something that will work, with what I have.
Well first off how tall are you and what do you weigh? Your stats say 4'10..
Are you gaining weight on 3k a day? That is my maintenance calories, so not sure if you are growing tho I burn calories like mad
How long are your bulks? You might want to try a long term recomp.

Well, for the Main lifts (DL, SQ, BP, OH) those are another battle, but for the other exercises I'd do:
Week1: 3 sets of 5-20 reps at 70% of max
Week2: 4 sets of 5-20 reps at 72% of max
Week3: 5sets of 5-20 reps at 74% of max
Week4: Deload - 2 sets of 5-20 reps at 70%

Also to use the above setup you should be doing 3 exercises per bodypart. Or follow this:

W1: 9 sets per body part
W2: 12 sets per body part
W3: 15 Sets per body part
W4: Deload- 6 sets per bodypart

You can go higher tho, like do 12 sets one week, next week 16, than 22, than deload.
Or even you don't need to deload on the 4th week so you could keep going up until you start plateauing, feeling tired/overtrained, etc..

STEAKNDEDLIFT

STEAKNDEDLIFT

Awards
**** thank you! That is great info.

Yes I am already gaining in my stomach after 2 weeks. problem is I must be sensitive as hell to carbs (6 cups of rice/day) I am 5'10-5'11''.

Long term recomp, what would that consist of?

Thnx!

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
**** thank you! That is great info.

Yes I am already gaining in my stomach after 2 weeks. problem is I must be sensitive as hell to carbs (6 cups of rice/day) I am 5'10-5'11''.

Long term recomp, what would that consist of?

Thnx!
Yeah, sorry I tried to condense the information enough to be easily carried over into this program, but I realized each body part doesn't have the same amount of exercises so that is why I added in the sets per week setup to simplify.

After a deload you should be able to lift heavier weights compared to the 1st week or the prior cycle. So Week1 weights of the first cycle should be lower than Week1 after the deload, since you should be stronger.

White rice or brown rice? And what type of veggies you eating? You might be eating veggies that cause more gas/bloat.
Or possibly you are not recovering properly and cortisol levels are insane.. Also digestive issue possible, did you slowly build up your food intake..
Make sure to take a probiotics, electrolytes, and proper water. And ****ing sleep. That plan you had would of dipped so far into your recovery.

Lifting weights at its basic level is catabolic. And causing muscle damage slow and damper protein/muscle synthesis. You only grow if your body is capable of fixing the damage AND having enough time to build more tissue.

Long term recomp: bulk for 3-5 days depending on your metabolism of the week and cut for the remaining days.

STEAKNDEDLIFT

STEAKNDEDLIFT

Awards
No need to say sorry this has been excellent.

So 3 exercises per body part. Each of the 3 exercises will have 3 sets (in week 1) 5-20 reps.... I just noticed that 5-20 is a large range (I am assuming this is because different body parts have better rep range response?).

So these are working sets correct? If so then I will also need my 4 or so warm up sets right?

I have been eating white rice but I went from like none to 6 cups.

I was thinking about cutting it back to 6 cups 3 days a week and cut that down the 2 cups the remaining days...or....just cut back to 2 cups/day and slowly move up 1 week at-a time

Appreciate the insight

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m training each muscle group twice a week with my Bulking.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
No need to say sorry this has been excellent.

So 3 exercises per body part. Each of the 3 exercises will have 3 sets (in week 1) 5-20 reps.... I just noticed that 5-20 is a large range (I am assuming this is because different body parts have better rep range response?).

So these are working sets correct? If so then I will also need my 4 or so warm up sets right?

I have been eating white rice but I went from like none to 6 cups.

I was thinking about cutting it back to 6 cups 3 days a week and cut that down the 2 cups the remaining days...or....just cut back to 2 cups/day and slowly move up 1 week at-a time

Appreciate the insight
Yeah the rep thing is based on what exercise and what feels good which allows you to feel your muscle connection.

They are working sets. You dont need to warm up for every exercise (especially if it is single jointed) but if you need to because of yours joints do so.

That probably did it lol Take some probiotics man, they will save your gut in long run.

Either sounds smart, if your stomach issue proceeds you should for sure cycle the carbs a bit. Maybe implant a 24hr fast once a week.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The Black Magick was too much for you eh? My training partner is natty and he absolutely loves it.

STEAKNDEDLIFT

STEAKNDEDLIFT

Awards
Haha Old Witch u think what I have made will allow me to make the gains?

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is definitely the worst of your proposed training routines so far.