• RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

MTS Outright Bar

[video=youtube;8uxKzCgtaIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uxKzCgtaIk[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uxKzCgtaIk

Taste

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter - When I took my first bite of this bar it made me think I was eating two protein bars I had before. Take a hybrid of Animal Snak PB Chocolate Chip, and Redcon1's Oatmeal chocolate chip MRE brand mix them together. The peanut butter is the dominant flavor as the oatmeal and chocolate chip inclusions enhance the bar to the fit the flavors name. The peanut butter base is done just right with a slight hint of saltiness and has dense creamy aftertaste.

PB Oatmeal Raisin - This flavor is unique because it carries over the bold peanut butter bar base and a mixture of an oatmeal raisin cookie. The oatmeal and raisin flavors are subtle to the heavy peanut butter bar. While the inclusions are the mere aftertaste, I would personally like to see a better balance of oatmeal and raisins. This is not a bad bar by any means, but I prefer the PB oatmeal Chocolate chip due to how all the flavors compliment each other in a much better ratio.

Texture

The texture of the bars correlates a soft cookie. They are a bit firm on the outside but you can puncture them with your finger. The middle is soft, chewy, and melts in your mouth. I have not tried putting them in a microwave, but I would imagine it would melt the chocolate chips. This is a bar that doesn't need to have anything done to it as the texture is just right and is easy to chew.

Macros

Calories ~ 270-280
Fat ~ 11-12g
Carbs ~ 26-27g
Protein ~ 15g

Ingredients: Peanut Butter, Honey, Oats, MTS Isolate Protein, Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Powder (Raisin's in the other flavor)

Cost
$24.99 a Box of 12 bars, which comes out to $2.08/Bar. Given websites do run sales and promotions getting these under $2 would be an easy buy. When you stack them to other bars on the market it is hard to compare them to bars that have a different ingredient profile. Marc takes a lot of pride is using no fake sugars, or fiber sources to construct a whole food bar.

Overall

THE PROS
• Affordably priced at $24.99 for a box of 12 ($2.08 per bar)
• 6 simple whole food ingredients
• Digest easy and don't leave any bloat (like sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners may do)
• Impressive taste and texture that just melts in your mouth (even out of the wrapper)
• Unique balance ratio of Carbs, Protein and fats

THE CONS
• Need a higher protein content (15 a touch too low). Around 20g would be better

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

MTS Outright Bar

[video=youtube;1j4BGhk2Fv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j4BGhk2Fv8[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j4BGhk2Fv8

Taste
White Chocolate Cranberry Peanut Butter – Marc’s third flavor is a White Chocolate Cranberry with the consistent peanut butter flavor that runs in all of his bars. Upon biting into the bar the original peanut butter flavor is creamy, dense, and has a touch of saltiness to make it pop. The White chocolate pieces and cranberry chunks are all natural and flavorful. The white chocolate packs a luscious sweetness and melts in your mouth. The cranberries provide a perfect tart complex to the bar, which helps balance out the density of the peanut butter. All in all I went into this bar thinking it would be my least favorite flavor, but I was surprised by how well everything compliments each other.

Texture
The texture of the bars correlates a soft cookie. They are a bit firm on the outside but you can puncture them with your finger. The middle is soft, chewy, and melts in your mouth. I have not tried putting them in a microwave, but I would imagine it would melt the chocolate chips. This is a bar that doesn't need to have anything done to it as the texture is just right and is easy to chew.

Macros

Calories ~ 270-280
Fat ~ 11-12g
Carbs ~ 26-27g
Protein ~ 15g
Ingredients: Peanut Butter, Honey, Oats, MTS Isolate Protein, Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Powder (Raisin’s, Cranberries, White Chocolate Chips in the other bars)

Cost
$24.99 a Box of 12 bars, which comes out to $2.08/Bar. Given websites do run sales and promotions getting these under $2 would be an easy buy. When you stack them to other bars on the market it is hard to compare them to bars that have a different ingredient profile. Marc takes a lot of pride is using no fake sugars, or fiber sources to construct a whole food bar.

Overall
THE PROS
• Digest easy and don't leave any bloat (like sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners may do)
• Impressive taste and texture that just melts in your mouth (even out of the wrapper)
THE CONS
• Need a higher protein content (15 a touch too low). Around 20g would be better

Rankings

1) Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin
2) White Chocolate Cranberry Peanut Butter
3) Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Sinister Labs SinFit Protein Cookie Snickerdoodle Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Spice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDiU0NzFkno
[video=youtube;FDiU0NzFkno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDiU0NzFkno[/video]

Taste

Pumpkin Spice – As Labeled by the website “Our Pumpkin Spice Protein Cookie is a festively delicious flavor combination of pumpkin, cinnamon, and cheesecake that is covered with vanilla icing and topped off with graham cracker pieces”

Upon opening the wrapper there are tons of graham cracker pieces. This is a common trend with the chocolate chip based flavors. The initial bite packs a strong pumpkin puree taste with the luscious vanilla-icing aftertaste of the glaze. The cheesecake is very subtle in the flavoring as the cinnamon is the dominant complimentary flavor to the cookie. The graham provides a nice crunch to the soft baked protein snack, and helps amplify the cinnamon spice laced in the cookie. If you are a Basic B Sinister Labs absolutely hit this one out of the ballpark. Buy with ease if you love pumpkin. If you are not a big pumpkin fan try to grab one offline or in store to give it a shot.

Snickerdoodle Chocolate Chip - Snickerdoodle chocolate chip has a slight resemblance to the cinnamon crunch bar. Upon your first bite of the cookie you get the sweet cinnamon sugar flavor. With the luscious taste of the cinnamon sugar is soon paired with a surmounting brown sugar aftertaste. The chocolate chips help enhance the overall experience with a dense flavor that melts in your mouth. The hybrid of a snickerdoodle cookie and brown sugar pop tart inclusion really sets this flavor off.

Texture

The texture on these is identical to the SinFit bars. The outside glaze is soft and provides a delicious flavor. These are baked cookies, so they resemble the texture of a brownie. These cookies are becoming very popular because they melt in your mouth with how they give you the chewiness of a true cookie. Another nice thing about these is they do need to be microwaved, and they are not so soft you can piece them with your fingers.

Formula

Per Bar:
Calories ~ 310
12g Fat
35g Carbs
20g Protein

The macro profile is very similar to their bars being on the higher side in calories. The protein is made up of WPC and WPI. What some consumers may not like is the added vegetable oils to the cookie, but that does help with the fat content and flavor. What I like is these are not heavy fiber bars, which glycerin or prebiotic fiber in large amounts can cause a lot of bloating or GI distress. These are flavored with sucralose and have added maltodextrin to enhance the sweetness of the flavor.

Cost

If you shop smart you can get boxes for under $20, which is under $2/cookie. Most will pay around $3 a cookie if you stop by a local mom and pop or order them individually offline. These are the best protein cookies on the market. have not had a bad flavor yet from the company, and they continue to get better with each release. I would suggest grabbing Sinister Labs cookies if you have never tried them before.

Flavor Rankings

1. Pumpkin Spice
2. SnickerDoodle Chocolate Chip
3. Birthday Cake
4. Chocolate Chip
5. Peanut Butter

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

MTS Protein Wafer Review

[video=youtube;JB4g35dS3RI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4g35dS3RI[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4g35dS3RI

Taste
Vanilla - The outer coating of the wafer contains a vanilla shell. There is a chocolate layer on the bottom and a small glaze on top that hits your taste buds in the aftertaste. The wafer packs a luscious sweetness and a subtle butter undertone resembling a voortman wafer. The crunchiness is perfect right out of the wrapper, and the vanilla is the dominant flavor. The way the chocolate lingers in the aftertaste gives the correct richness needed to go hand in hand with the sweet vanilla wafer. I did enjoy the protein wafer, and do not mind it not being 100% natural like the outright bar. I found the MTS Protein Wafer to digest just as easy, but I would like the chocolate to pack more punch.

Texture
The texture of the wafer is not as soft as the outright bar, but is easy to eat right out of the wrapper. The wafers are a bit firm on the outside due to the texture of a wafer. The wafers have a very soft that resembles a nutty butter bar. There is a slight glaze on top of the wafer, but that does not affect the crispiness of the protein good. Overall this gives you the best of both worlds with a crispy outside and a smooth soft center.

Macros

Per 2 Wafers
Calories ~ 200
Fat ~ 9g
Carbs ~ 13g
Protein ~ 15g
Sugar – 6g
Ingredients:
Protein blend (milk protein isolate, hydrolized gelatin, whey protein isolate, pea protein isolate) wheat flour, fractionated palm and palm kernal oil, sugar, fructose, milk ingredients (skim milk powder, whole milk, butter fat), cocoa butter, unsweetened chocolate, soy lecithin, soy flour, sunflower oil, water, natural and artificial flavors, salt, sodium bicarbonate, sucralose (non-nutritive sweetener), corn flour

Cost
The initial pilot batch of wafers you could only buy one at a time. The protein wafer may launch in the future with different buying options directly from Marc’s website. I paid $11.99 for a pack of 4 wafers (8 total wafers)

Overall
THE PROS
• Well priced for a 4 pack during a pilot beta-test.
• Digest easy like the outright bar
• Impressive taste and texture
• Unique balance ratio of Carbs, Protein and fats (lower then outright bar)
THE CONS
• Some may complain about the protein content. This is meant to be a healthy “Snack” not a full-blown protein bar.
• Some may complain its not 100% Natural like the outright bar
• Could use stronger chocolate base and glaze.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Quest Nutrition Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Bar Review

Taste
Chocolate Hazelnut - When the words chocolate hazelnut come together the first thing that pops in my head is nutella. The base of the bar resembles double chocolate chunk which provides a dense semi-sweet chocolate flavor. Inside the bar is added chocolate chips, which enhance the bold chocolate flavor. Lastly, the bar includes hazelnuts to provide a crunchy aspect to provide enhanced texture to the soft protein bar. Overall this doesnt taste like nutella, but every element included is accounted for and true to its name. I am not huge on nuts in protein bars, but Quest nailed what they were going for.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can notice the bar has the usual quest bar texture with the added flakiness from the mix-ins included inside and outside of the bar. Since quest moved back to the original formulation the bar is much softer then the previous corn syrup model. Not to mention these digest much easier and are not hard as rocks.

Formula

8g Fat
23g Carbs
20g Protein
14g Fiber

When Quest went back to their original formula not only has this pleased a large portion of the quest community, but the general supplement consumer as a whole. It makes them digest easier (for myself) and many others. This is a unique flavor that you do not see much of on the market, and they did a good job when you try and manipulate a chocolate hazelnut flavor.

Cost

Quest retails for about $20-$24 making it right around 2$ a bar. If you were to buy a single bar off the main quest website it would be around 2.39$ per bar. Buying in bulk saves you around 40 cents a bar, but all in all if on sale its pretty cost effective for 12 bars for around 20$. When you factor in flavor, and factor in good calories for less than 200 calories a bar it's a pretty nice convenient investment. Keep an eye out because you can see box’s drop as cheap as $14-16 which is a great time to stock up.

Top 10 Quest Rankings

1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
2. Cookies & Cream
3. Mocha Chocolate Chip
4. Blueberry Muffin
5. Apple Pie
6. Chocolate Hazelnut
7. Double Chocolate Chunk
8. Chocolate Brownie
9. Chocolate Peanut Butter
10. Cinnamon Roll

Quest Nutrition Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Review

Taste
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip – The original quest Peanut Butter cookie was one of my least favorite of their protein cookies. The peanut butter flavor is bold and vastly improved in the creaminess associated with it. The salty aftertaste helps enhance the dense peanut butter flavor to make this so much better then the past. The added chocolate chips provide a rich semi-sweet flavor that goes hand in hand to compliment the peanut butter base.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can tell these are baked cookies. Most protein cookies on the market are glorified circular protein bars. These have a different texture and feel to them to resemble a real cookie. What I do like is they are a bit rougher then most cookies, which you can puncture with your hand. This gives you the chew of a true cookie while not being hard as a rock like some protein bars can be. The texture is just right to give you the best replication of a cookie.

Formula

13g Fat
21g Carbs
16g Protein
11g Fiber

Milk protein isolate and whey protein isolate. The inclusion of butter may turn some people off, but this helps the texture and consistency of the product. The soluble corn fiber (when quest made the change to use this in their bars) won some customers and lost some. I find these cookies settle much easier then a lot of their protein bars do. The best part is there is only 1g of sugar in the cookies.

Cost

You can get a box of 12 cookies for around $20-24 depending on the website and sale being ran at the time. If you are a cookie fan this is good alternative to buying the real thing. I personally enjoy the texture compared to most cookies from other companies on the market. The flavoring is good, and the price is reasonable.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Quest Nutrition Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Bar Review

Taste
Chocolate Hazelnut - When the words chocolate hazelnut come together the first thing that pops in my head is nutella. The base of the bar resembles double chocolate chunk which provides a dense semi-sweet chocolate flavor. Inside the bar is added chocolate chips, which enhance the bold chocolate flavor. Lastly, the bar includes hazelnuts to provide a crunchy aspect to provide enhanced texture to the soft protein bar. Overall this doesnt taste like nutella, but every element included is accounted for and true to its name. I am not huge on nuts in protein bars, but Quest nailed what they were going for.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can notice the bar has the usual quest bar texture with the added flakiness from the mix-ins included inside and outside of the bar. Since quest moved back to the original formulation the bar is much softer then the previous corn syrup model. Not to mention these digest much easier and are not hard as rocks.

Formula

8g Fat
23g Carbs
20g Protein
14g Fiber

When Quest went back to their original formula not only has this pleased a large portion of the quest community, but the general supplement consumer as a whole. It makes them digest easier (for myself) and many others. This is a unique flavor that you do not see much of on the market, and they did a good job when you try and manipulate a chocolate hazelnut flavor.

Cost

Quest retails for about $20-$24 making it right around 2$ a bar. If you were to buy a single bar off the main quest website it would be around 2.39$ per bar. Buying in bulk saves you around 40 cents a bar, but all in all if on sale its pretty cost effective for 12 bars for around 20$. When you factor in flavor, and factor in good calories for less than 200 calories a bar it's a pretty nice convenient investment. Keep an eye out because you can see box’s drop as cheap as $14-16 which is a great time to stock up.

Top 10 Quest Rankings

2. Cookies & Cream
3. Mocha Chocolate Chip
4. Blueberry Muffin
5. Apple Pie
6. Chocolate Hazelnut
8. Chocolate Brownie
9. Chocolate Peanut Butter
10. Cinnamon Roll

Quest Nutrition Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Review

Taste
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip – The original quest Peanut Butter cookie was one of my least favorite of their protein cookies. The peanut butter flavor is bold and vastly improved in the creaminess associated with it. The salty aftertaste helps enhance the dense peanut butter flavor to make this so much better then the past. The added chocolate chips provide a rich semi-sweet flavor that goes hand in hand to compliment the peanut butter base.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can tell these are baked cookies. Most protein cookies on the market are glorified circular protein bars. These have a different texture and feel to them to resemble a real cookie. What I do like is they are a bit rougher then most cookies, which you can puncture with your hand. This gives you the chew of a true cookie while not being hard as a rock like some protein bars can be. The texture is just right to give you the best replication of a cookie.

Formula

13g Fat
21g Carbs
16g Protein
11g Fiber

Milk protein isolate and whey protein isolate. The inclusion of butter may turn some people off, but this helps the texture and consistency of the product. The soluble corn fiber (when quest made the change to use this in their bars) won some customers and lost some. I find these cookies settle much easier then a lot of their protein bars do. The best part is there is only 1g of sugar in the cookies.

Cost

You can get a box of 12 cookies for around $20-24 depending on the website and sale being ran at the time. If you are a cookie fan this is good alternative to buying the real thing. I personally enjoy the texture compared to most cookies from other companies on the market. The flavoring is good, and the price is reasonable.

Thanks for this, Brah!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

MTS Outright Bar Almond Butter Chocolate Chip

[video=youtube;RaBjYfGQj8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaBjYfGQj8M[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaBjYfGQj8M

Taste
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip – This is very similar to Marc’s original Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip bar, but replaced with almond butter. The almond butter is the dominant flavor as the oatmeal and chocolate chip inclusions enhance the bar to the fit the flavors name. The creaminess and saltiness of the almond butter are exactly like you would spoon it out of a jar. The chocolate chips are a great choice to compliment the already dense almond butter base. The honey sets off the almond butter and enhancers it to another level. This is Marc’s best bar to date.

Texture

Macros

Calories ~ 280
Fat ~ 14g
Carbs ~ 24g
Protein ~ 15g
Ingredients: Almond Butter, Honey, Oats, MTS Isolate Protein, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Natural Flavors

Cost

Overall
THE PROS
THE CONS
• Some may argue for a higher protein content (15 a touch too low). Around 20g would be better

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

MTS Outright Bar Butterscotch Peanut Butter

https://youtu.be/VyQ2ksQTcjY
[video=youtube_share;VyQ2ksQTcjY]http://youtu.be/VyQ2ksQTcjY[/video]

Taste
Butterscotch Peanut Butter – The peanut butter base of the bar is exactly the same from Marc’s original Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin. The creaminess and richness of the peanut butter overpowers the complimenting butterscotch flavor. You will still taste the burnt buttery and rich caramel, but it really picks up in the aftertaste as you chew on the bar. In my opinion this is a 70/30 ratio of peanut butter to butterscotch. The two flavors pair well together especially if you truly enjoy a caramel based addition to the Outright Bar.

Texture

Macros

Calories ~ 270-280
Fat ~ 11-12g
Carbs ~ 26-27g
Protein ~ 15g
Ingredients: Peanut Butter, Honey, Oats, MTS Isolate Protein, Butterscotch Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Powder

Cost

Rankings

1) Almond Butter Chocolate Chip
2) Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin
3) Peanut Butter Butterscotch
4) White Chocolate Raspberry
5) Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

Overall
THE PROS
• Unique balance ratio of Carbs, Protein and fats for a quality healthy snack

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Outright bars taste great and I love seeing companies putting out clean products but they just don't quite fit what I'm looking for macro-wise. Wish they would release a slightly less caloric bar drop a couple g's of fat, drop the carbs about 10g, and up the protein about 10g = profit!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Outright bars taste great and I love seeing companies putting out clean products but they just don't quite fit what I'm looking for macro-wise. Wish they would release a slightly less caloric bar drop a couple g's of fat, drop the carbs about 10g, and up the protein about 10g = profit!
That can't happen with oats and honey and if they did change to add more whey and protein that the bar would be incredbly dry. Just like when you bake with protein if you add too much dry and not enough wet (honey) to provide it does not come out good texture/taste wise.

He spent over a year finding the correct balance of ingredients to provide the very soft texture. And when he tried the higher protein approach the bar lost proper texture and flavor which is why it was not made that way. He has went through 100 test pilots to perfect the bar.

If you don't like the macro profile nobody is forcing you to buy them.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never said anyone was forcing anything, just voicing an opinion and I love that there's a clean product out there as such.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Quest Nutrition Chocolate Sprinkled Doughnut Protein Bar Review

Taste

Chocolate Sprinkled Doughnut – When reading the name doughnut in any protein infused product it will raise your eyebrow. Upon first bite the chocolate coating provides a hybrid of a heavy milk chocolate and a slight aftertaste of a dark chocolate. While it is unique I would say it is 80/20 ratio in favor of milk chocolate. The dual flavor paves way for the sweetness enhanced in the sprinkles that coat the bar to elevate the flavoring of the bar. I never picked up a doughnut taste, as it would be hard to get the buttery undertone of a fresh baked pastry in a protein bar. If you were to blindfold me and have me eat this bar I would say it tastes exactly like chocolate birthday cake. Personally I thought this bar was fantastic as it was flavored with Stevia. Most of the time Stevia is very bitter, Quest found a way to make the flavor shine with that as its main sweetener choice.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can notice the bar has the usual quest bar texture with the added flakiness from the sprinkles laced throughout the bar included inside and. The bar was very soft which has a ONE Bar consistency associated with it. I was very pleased with this texture and flavor compared to the previous batches and flavors the company has produced.

Formula

190 Calories
8g Fat
23g Carbs
20g Protein
14g Fiber

This bar is flavored with Stevia instead of Sucralose, but you would never know. The flavoring was incredible and there was no bitterness associated with that sweetener of choice.

Cost

Quest retails for about $24 a box making it right around $2 a bar. If you were to buy a single bar off the main quest website it would be around $2.39 per bar. Buying in bulk saves you around 40 cents a bar, but all in all if on sale it’s pretty cost effective for 12 bars for around $16-20. When you factor in flavor, and factor in good calories for less than 200 calories a bar it's a convenient investment.

Quest Rankings

2. Cookies & Cream
3. Mocha Chocolate Chip
4. Chocolate Sprinkled Doughnut
5. Apple Pie
6. Double Chocolate Chunk
7. Chocolate Brownie
8. S’mores
9. Chocolate PB
10. Cinnamon Roll

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Redcon1 BAR Breakfast At The Ready Bars Review

[video=youtube;8ibJITlUnNE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ibJITlUnNE[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ibJITlUnNE

Taste

Crunchy Cinnamon Bites – Crunchy Cinnamon Bites is a Cinnamon Toast Crunch knockoff protein bar. The bars base is consistent with each flavor on providing a bold vanilla flavor. The glaze is also a stable feature in all three bars that packs a similar punch of sweetness to enhance the bar. The cinnamon toast crunch chunks just like the other bars is there, but the flavor falls frail to a cereal standard. They do give enough punch to amplify the bar to the next level.

Fruity Cereal – The Fruity Cereal bar contains a vanilla heavy rice cereal base. When you bite into the bar you will taste chunks of fruity pebbles. These little flakes provide a sweet enhancement that elevates the overall flavor of the bar. Even with a sweet icing on top the flavor of the cereal never shined through. This tastes like a very heavy vanilla with a luscious aftertaste. I was looking for the cereal to seep through and hit my taste buds, but that was the limiting factor of this bar.

Rainbow Breakfast – Rainbow breakfast is a knockoff lucky charms flavored protein bar. Just like Fruity Cereal the base is very similar with a strong vanilla flavor. The icing is also identical to provide an extra kick of sweetness to the cereal flavor. The lucky charm pieces are large but lack flavor. The chewiness of the marshmallow inclusions are great, but they are bland and do not help the bar to any degree

Overall à The bars on their own are good, but the cereal flavoring on them needs to be improved.

Ranking of Flavors

1. Crunchy Cinnamon Bites

2. Rainbow Breakfast

3. Fruity Cereal

Texture

The texture of the protein bar is very similar to a BSN Syntha 6 Crisp Bar. If you have ever had one of those it is a hybrid of a rice krispy treat and a protein bar meshed together. There is a small glaze that coats each one of these protein bars and little chunks of cereal laced throughout each bar. The bar is very soft and you can puncture it with your fingers. This makes it very easy to eat right out of the wrapper and great for those who are on the go.

Formula

190 Calories

4g Fat

20g Carbs

4g Fiber

20g Protein

This bar features a much different profile then the flagship MRE bar. This bar contains a protein blend of WPI and WPC instead of the whole food approach with beef, salmon, and egg found in the MRE Bar.

Cost

$34.99 for a box of 12.This is the retail price off the Redcon1 main webpage. As many fans know RedCon1 does a ton of sales and deals, so do not be surprised to see the price of these bars drop. You can find 20-30% discount codes and depending on the holiday or sale it may drop lower. With that said that would drop these bars to $25-28/Box which is just around $2 a bar. For an on the go snack that is a lower option then the MRE bar that is very fair on the market.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

FortiFX Honey Almond Protein Bar Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBvKsnp2nzQ
[video=youtube;bBvKsnp2nzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBvKsnp2nzQ[/video]

Taste

Honey Almond –. The initial taste is a rich vanilla that is coated with a honey drizzle. The crunchy granola is complimented with an almond flavor that is enriched by the sweetness of the honey. I thought the pretzel bar was a sweet and salty combination that came true, but this flavor is on another level. The array of flavors mesh together very well and the honey layers the extra icing on the cake by enhancing each aspect in this bar. FortiFX continues to improve with each flavor they pump out. I do not know what is next, but with this trend they continue to release a flavor that one-ups the previous one.

Flavor Rankings:
1. Honey Almond
2. Pretzel
3. Peanut Butter
4. Chocolate

Texture

The texture on these bars is unique, and what separates them from the competition on the market. This is the first company to infuse a granola bar and protein bar together. This is a multi-layered bar with an outside coating, a small drizzle, and a crunchy granola inside.. Out of the wrapper this bar is soft and easy to consume. I could even puncture the outside layer with my fingers, if you left this out in a hot or humid environment you could see the outside start to smear or melt.

Formula

260 Calories
12g Fat
23g Carbohydrates
3g Fiber
20g Protein

FortiFX decided to make a higher calorie granola bar and protein bar hybrid. Fortifx use to make 80g bars, but have downsized them to 60g and lowered the caloric allotment. The bars have a protein blend, which is heavy in WPI. Therefore it will settle easier to others who use higher amounts of concentrates, MPI, or casein to help flavor the protein bar.

Cost

The price is $25 for a box of 12 protein bars. Given the quality of the protein bars, and how good the flavoring is this is a reasonable price. Companies such as Sinister Labs, Prosupps, Animal, and Fit Crunch who have a very identical MRP based bar are all in the ballpark for pricing. If you do see a sale on these it would be a very good idea to buy and stock up.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The quest doughnut bar looks great. Haven’t seen the flavor pop up yet on most retail sites as I am assuming they just released. Going to keep an eye out for that one and I definitely prefer stevia. Thanks for the great rundown.

exrugger

Awards
Taste is good and $18.99/20 bars in store , choc chip cookie dough is my favorite

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lot's of good ones out there......

I really like the texture of the RC1 MRE Bars, especially since they are sourced from whole food and come in 7 different flavors.

https://redcon1.com/products/mre-bar-meal-replacement-bar?*****5068

TAKE 20% OFF with code "T20BRIANDIL". Not a bad deal!

The new B.A.R. Bars are good as well, but I am not as big of a fan of the "rice crispy" style bars. Check out the on point (as always) review by The Solution to get a better idea.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^ Looking to try and new BAR's at some point. Every since Quest stopped their cereal bars have been looking for another company to make a good offering and it seems like RedCon is filling that gap.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

MTS Banana Walnut Peanut Butter Outright Bar

Taste

Banana Walnut Peanut Butter – The peanut butter base of the bar is exactly the same from Marc’s original Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin. The creaminess and richness of the peanut butter overpowered the complimenting banana flavor. You will still taste the ripe banana that lingers on your taste buds into the aftertaste, but it has a stronger balance of peanut butter to the banana. The walnuts add a great crunch to the bar different then what we have seen with raisins, cranberries, and mini chocolate chip pieces. Overall I really enjoyed yet another addition to the outright bar line, but I personally favor oatmeal raisin cookies and Almond Butter.

Texture

Macros

Calories ~ 270-290

Fat ~ 11-15g

Carbs ~ 26-27g

Protein ~ 15-18g

Ingredients: Peanut Butter, Honey, Oats, MTS Isolate Protein, Walnuts, Banana

Cost

Rankings

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin

Peanut Butter Butterscotch

Banana Walnut Peanut Butter

White Chocolate Raspberry

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

Overall

THE PROS

Affordably priced at $24.99 for a box of 12 ($2.08 per bar)

6 simple whole food ingredients

Digest easy and don't leave any bloat (like sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners may do)

Impressive taste and texture that just melts in your mouth (even out of the wrapper)

Unique balance ratio of Carbs, Protein, and fats for a quality healthy snack

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The new B.A.R. Bars are good as well, but I am not as big of a fan of the "rice crispy" style bars. Check out the on point (as always) review by The Solution to get a better idea.
I have missed the morning style protein bars ever since Quest stopped making their cereal bars. They were near prefect macros for early morning workouts, not heavy, just a good light balance so you aren't weighed down in the gym.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Quest Nutrition Cinnamon Roll Protein Bar Review

Taste

Cinnamon Roll -

This is the new and improved Cinnamon Roll Quest Bar. The new bar contains chunk inclusions, more cinnamon roll flavor, and a drizzled topping. The bar base provides a subtle buttery undertone like a fresh baked cinnamon roll that is enhanced by the cinnamon flavor. Where the bar really shines Is the icing glaze and chunk inclusions. The glaze on top packs a luscious sweetness that resembles a vanilla icing. The chunks to me formed a slight glaze on the inside. This is nothing like the chunks you would get from Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Cookies and cream. The inner glaze resembles a light caramel glaze which actually works with the bar base and icing. All in all Cinnamon Roll was not even a top 10 flavor for me in the past., but with the upgrades it does crack my top 5. Great job Quest on improving upon the past.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can notice the bar has the usual quest bar texture with the added flakiness from the chunks included on the inside and outside of the bar. Right out of the wrapper the bar had a soft texture, which was an issue with some of the original formula bars that got hard very quick. Overall I found this easy to eat right out of the wrapper and it did not need to be microwaved or broiled. I could puncture the outer layer with my finger.

Formula

6g Fat

23g Carbs

20g Protein

15g Fiber

4g Net Carbs

Quest has went back to the old formula which settles much easier and produces a softer bar. Not only has this pleased a large portion of the quest community, but the general supplement consumer as a whole. It makes them digest easier (for myself) and many others.

Cost

A Box of 12 Quest Bars retails for about $24-26 making it right around 2$ a bar. If you pop into a local mom and pop you may spend upward to $2.50-$3 a bar. Buying in bulk is usually the way to go for the best bang for your buck. Quest does run sales through multiple vendors over time where you can see bars dip below $20 a box, this is a great time to stock up on a new flavor and some of your other favorites from the brand.

Quest Rankings

** The original Cinnamon Roll was not even a top 10 flavor for me, so this was a huge improvement

2. Cookies & Cream

3. Mocha Chocolate Chip (I am very partial to coffee as I am a huge fan of it)

4. Cinnamon Roll (NEW)

5. Blueberry Muffin

6. Apple Pie

8. Chocolate Brownie

9. S’mores

10. Chocolate PB

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Outright S’mores Peanut Butter Bar

Taste

S’mores Peanut Butter –

The peanut butter base of the bar is exactly the same as most of the Outright Bars on Marc’s line (besides the almond butter chocolate chip). The S’mores bar has marshmallow, and chocolate chip inclusions to replicate the summer dessert.

The chocolate chips are similar to what you find in the almond butter chocolate chip and peanut butter chocolate chip with a dense and rich chocolate flavor. The best part of the experience is the mini marshmallows, which hold a soft and gooey texture throughout the bar. I don’t know how Marc did it, but these melt in your mouth. If I am to nitpick this review I would like more graham cracker flavor. In the grand scheme of things the peanut butter, chocolate, and marshmallow combination is done extremely well, and there is no shock this bar sold out in 24 hours upon the initial run.

Texture

The texture of the bars correlates a soft cookie. The outright bar is a bit firm on the outside, but you can puncture them with your finger. The middle is soft, chewy, and melts in your mouth. I have not tried putting them in a microwave, but I would imagine it would melt the chocolate chips. This is a bar that doesn't need to have anything done to it as the texture is just right and is easy to chew.

Macros

Calories ~ 270-290

Fat ~ 11-15g

Carbs ~ 26-27g

Protein ~ 15-18g

Ingredients: Peanut Butter, Honey, Oats, MTS Isolate Protein, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Graham Cracker, Vegetable Oil, Whole Wheat Flour

Rankings

S’mores Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Banana Walnut

Overall

THE PROS

Affordably priced at $24.99 for a box of 12 ($2.08 per bar)

Simple whole food ingredients

Digest easy and don't leave any bloat (like sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners may do)

Impressive taste and texture that just melts in your mouth (even out of the wrapper)

Unique balance ratio of Carbs, Protein and fats for a quality healthy snack

THE CONS

- Not enough graham flavor for a true S’mores

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was able to try the new Quest cinammon roll bars as well and they are great. Quests "rebrand" of their bars going back to the old formula is great. They are all I buy now and honestly I haven't found a bad flavor in the new series but I haven't had all the new ones yet. Very partial to the Blueberry Muffin, Chocolate Sprinkled Doughnut, Mocha Chocolate Chip and Maple Waffle still.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've given up on protein bars. Too darn expensive. I'd rather eat jerky, boiled eggs or pork rinds or non processed cold cuts.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Quest Nutrition Caramel Chocolate Chunk Protein Bar Review

Taste

Caramel Chocolate Chunk –

This protein bar is a spin-off of one of Quest’s long-term flavors double chocolate chunk. The double chocolate chunk is highly overlooked on Quest’s lineup. This bar is a bit different with chocolate chunks and caramel ribbons laced throughout the bar. The caramel is soft, gooey, and packs a luscious buttery flavor that strikes a perfect balance. When paired with the rich cocoa double chocolate chunks it gives you a great one two-compliment punch. The dense cocoa flavor meets a sweet caramel to give you the best of both worlds. I also picked up on small krispies that were sporadic throughout the center of the bar. The additional crunch was a warm welcome to an incredibly soft bar. Overall this is yet another great flavor to the Quest lineup.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can notice the bar has a very soft quest bar texture with the added flakiness from the krispies laced throughout the bar. The bar was softer then a majority of the other flavors. I was very pleased with this texture and flavor of this bar as it ranks higher on the list of all-time quest flavors.

Formula

190 Calories

7g Fat

23g Carbs

20g Protein

15g Fiber

This bar is flavored with Stevia and Sucralose. The flavoring was great and there was no bitterness associated with the added Stevia that I picked up on.

Cost

Quest retails for about $24 a box making it right around $2 a bar. If you were to buy a single bar off the main quest website it would be around $2.39 per bar. Buying in bulk saves you around 40 cents a bar, but all in all if on sale it’s pretty cost effective for 12 bars for around $16-20. When you factor in flavor, and factor in good calories for less than 200 calories a bar it's a convenient investment.

Quest Rankings

2. Cookies & Cream

3. Mocha Chocolate Chip

4. Caramel Chocolate Chunk

5. Apple Pie

6. Cinnamon Roll

7. Chocolate Covered Doughnut

8. Double Chocolate Chunk

9. Chocolate Brownie

10. White Chocolate Raspberry

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Edit - I see that they have been posted on previously (sorry):

Costco sells their own brand of protein bars. They are called Kirkland Signature Protein Bars and, for the price, they are unbeatable. I have included a link, but the in-store prices are usually lower; something like $0.50 each. For me, with 21 grams protein and 15 grams fiber, they are a no-brainer.

BTW - based only on visual appearance - the Kirkland Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar looks (to me) about the same as the Quest Bar shown above. The box I purchase contains both Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars and Chocolate Brownie bars.

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Protein-Bars,-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough,-20-count,-2-pack.product.100423971.html

Last edited:
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Oatmeal Raisin Almond Butter Outright Bar

Taste

Oatmeal Raisin Almond Butter - This is similar to Marc’s original Almond Butter Chocolate Chip bar, but replaced with the inclusions from Oatmeal Raisin Peanut Butter. The almond butter is the dominant flavor as the oatmeal and raisin additions enhance the bar to the fit the flavors name. The creaminess and saltiness of the almond butter are exactly like you would spoon it out of a jar. The raisins and honey found in the bar amplify the overall sweetness from the bold almond butter flavor. I am a huge fan of Almond Butter over Peanut Butter, and if you ask me this is Marc’s best bar to date. If you like Peanut Butter over Almond Butter then roll with his original flavored bar.

Texture

Macros

Calories ~ 260
Fat ~ 11g
Carbs ~ 26g
Protein ~ 15g
Ingredients: Almond Butter, Honey, MTS Nutrition Machine Whey Protein Isolate 90%, Rolled Oats, Raisins, Natural Flavor.

Rankings

1. Oatmeal Raisin Almond Butter
2. Almond Butter Chocolate Chip
3. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin
4. S’mores Peanut Butter
5. Peanut Butter Butterscotch
6. Peanut Butter Banana Walnut
7. White Chocolate Raspberry
8. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

Cost

Overall
THE PROS
• Whole food based snack bar

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone know any current deals or steals on protein bars, need a big restock

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Beef jerky. Lol you can make a bunch yourself and it’s cheap.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Animal Pro Protein Bars Review

Taste

Chocolate Berry Crunch – The bar is very good for a fruity enhanced chocolate bar. At first bite, there is a combination of milk and dark chocolate, which give it a hybrid flavor that engulfs your taste buds. The rich Hershey like chocolate is paired with bitter dark chocolate. Both chocolate flavors complement each other, and then a subtle triple berry melody seeps into the aftertaste. The blueberry is the dominating flavor from the core bar The last portion of the bar is a glaze that sits right under the chocolate shell. The glaze has a small inclusion of raspberry and strawberry to give you a trifecta of flavors to enhance the chocolate base. Overall this was a very well done bar that took me by surprise.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch – What is more American than a chocolate and peanut butter combination? When I first bit into this bar I thought I was eating a jar of peanut butter with how dense the center filling was. The outer shell has a very rich and dense milk chocolate flavor that goes hand in hand with the center. There is a lingering saltiness that compliments the peanut butter to take the flavoring up a notch. With how soft and pure the peanut butter flavoring is it really makes this bar very hard to beat when it comes to peanut butter and chocolate. When you add on the little krispies for a crunchy texture it just completes this bar to make it one of best chocolate peanut butter combinations I have ever had. Highly Recommend.

Texture

These protein bars have a fantastic texture to them. The outer layer is thick and crispy but provides a very smooth chocolate flavor. The best part is the center especially in the peanut butter bar, which reminds me of fresh peanut butter filling out of a peanut butter jar. The Chocolate Berry Crunch is brownie-like in texture being very soft, moist, and melts in your mouth. Do not forget the little krispies on top, which enhance the texture with a nice crunch.

Formula

Berry:

Peanut Butter:

Per Bar:
Calories ~ 250
Fat: 8-11g (Higher in PB)
Carbs: 19-26g (Higher in Berry)
20g Protein (Both Bars)

Overall
Both flavors are awesome. I am a die-hard peanut butter guy, so that ones gets the edge for me. Even not being a fruity fan the berry flavor is pure, rich, and very true to its name. There is nothing artificial about it with a very dense flavor that compliments the chocolate perfectly.

Pros:
- Settles easy on the stomach
- Great Texture
- Impressive Flavor
- Possibly the best Peanut Butter protein bar to date.

Last edited:
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Vegan Chocolate PB & Banana Walnut Outright Bars

Taste

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter – The vegan outright bar has a similar texture and flavor to the regular outright bars. The rich, creamy, and dense peanut butter is the forefront flavor with mini chocolate chips melting in your mouth as you bite into the bar. At first I thought there may be a large chalkiness associated with the vegan protein used in the bar, but that is not the case. Texture and taste wise this is identical to the original Outright Bar, but a slight difference using maple syrup instead of honey. I personally enjoyed the maple syrup as the sweetness helps enhance the peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Banana Walnut Peanut Butter – The peanut butter base of the bar is exactly the same from Marc’s original Outright Bars. The creaminess and richness of the peanut butter overpowers the complimenting banana flavor. You will still taste the ripe banana that lingers on your taste buds, but it has a stronger balance of peanut butter to the banana. The walnuts add a great crunch to the bar different then what we have seen with raisins, cranberries, and mini chocolate chip pieces that are usually included. Overall I found it very hard to notice a difference with honey and maple syrup interchanged in the vegan bars

Texture

The texture of the bars feels like a soft cookie. They are a bit firm on the outside but you can puncture them with your finger. The middle is soft, chewy, and melts in your mouth. This is a bar that doesn't need to have anything done to it as the texture is just right and is easy to chew. Even for a vegan bar these are identical to the regular outright bars even with a slight change in ingredient profile.

Macros

Calories ~ 300

Fat ~ 15-17g

Carbs ~ 24-26g

Protein ~ 16-17g

Vegan Rankings

1. Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter
  2. Banana Walnut Peanut Butter
Overall

THE PROS

Affordably priced at $26.99 for a box of 12 ($2.08 per bar)

Whole food based vegan snack bar

Impressive taste and texture that just melts in your mouth (masked the chalky vegan taste)

Unique balance ratio of Carbs, Protein and fats

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Premier Protein bars @30g of protein for only 1 dollar a bar, found them at meijer. Have not found any protein bar with that much protein for a dolla.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Toffee Peanut Butter Outright Bar

Taste

Toffee Peanut Butter - The peanut butter base of the bar is exactly the same from the Outright Bar line that runs across a variety of flavors. The creaminess and richness of the peanut butter overpowered the complimenting Toffee flavor. Toffee is sugar or molasses that is caramelized at a very high temperature. and is used in conjunction with butter to make very hard candy. You will also see toffee that has nuts or raisins included in it (hence the almonds in this bar). The Toffee has a thick crunch that blends well with the soft outright bar. If you are a fan of the butterscotch peanut butter bar, this is not too far off in resemblance. Personally, this falls in the middle of the pack for my all-time favorite outright bar. I prefer almond butter to peanut butter, but this Is 100% worth picking up!

Texture

The texture of the bars correlates with a soft cookie. They are a bit firm on the outside but you can puncture them with your finger. The middle is soft, chewy, and melts in your mouth. I have not tried putting them in a microwave, but I would imagine it would melt the chocolate chips. This is a bar that doesn't need to have anything done to it as the texture is just right and is easy to chew.

Macros

Calories ~ 300

Fat ~ 16g

Carbs ~ 23g

Protein ~ 17g

Ingredients: Peanut Butter, Honey, MTS Nutrition Machine Whey Protein Isolate 90%, Almonds, Toffee, Natural Flavor.

Rankings

3. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin
  4. Peanut Butter Toffee
  5. S’mores Peanut Butter
  6. Peanut Butter Butterscotch
  7. Peanut Butter Banana Walnut
  8. White Chocolate Raspberry
  9. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

Overall

THE PROS

Affordably priced at $24.99 for a box of 12 ($2.08 per bar) or Cheaper on sale.

Whole food based snack bar

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Cookies & Cream Peanut Butter Outright Bar

Taste

Cookies & Cream Peanut Butter - The peanut butter base of the bar is exactly the same from the Outright Bar line that runs across a variety of flavors. The creaminess and richness of the peanut butter holds up with the addition of cookies and cream. The cookies and cream addition is in a stronger ratio of cream to cookie. The cream filling from a sandwich cookie holds its ground with the bold peanut butter base, but the cookie is subtle in the aftertaste. Just like Marc’s Cookies & Cream MTS whey both flavors are present, but when condensed into the Outright bar I personally found more white cream chunks than cookie chunks. Marc took two of my favorite things and put them into a healthy functional food snack. This new addition goes right to the top of my all time favorites behind the almond butter bars, which I prefer over peanut butter.

Texture

The texture of the bars correlates with a soft cookie. They are a bit firm on the outside but you can puncture them with your finger. The middle is soft, chewy, and melts in your mouth. I have not tried putting them in a microwave, but I would imagine it would melt the chocolate chips. This is a bar that doesn't need to have anything done to it as the texture is just right and is easy to chew.

Macros

Calories ~ 290

Fat ~ 15g

Carbs ~ 26g

Protein ~ 14g

Ingredients: Peanut Butter, Honey, MTS Nutrition Machine Whey Protein Isolate, Cookie Bits, White Cocoa Chips, Natural Flavor.

Rankings

3. Cookies & Cream Peanut Butter
  4. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin
  5. Peanut Butter Toffee
  6. S’mores Peanut Butter
  7. Peanut Butter Butterscotch
  8. Peppermint Cookies & Cream Peanut Butter
  9. Peanut Butter Banana Walnut
  10. White Chocolate Raspberry
  11. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

Overall

THE PROS

Affordably priced at $24.99 for a box of 12 ($2.08 per bar) or Cheaper on sale.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Double Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Outright Crisp Bar Review

Taste

Double Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Crisp – The peanut butter base is a staple in the outright bar family. It is spread across all of the original peanut butter outright bars. What I noted in this flavor is the peanut butter does not overpower the experience and lets the mix-ins shine. The bar is a dark brown color, but still provides an ample amount of milk chocolate and dark chocolate flavor to offset the dominant base. The protein crisps add a crunchy texture to the soft cookie like consistency of the outright bar. The semi-sweet chocolate chips have been featured in the Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter, Vegan Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip Almond Butter, and S’mores Peanut Butter. These chips enhance the overall experience of the chocolate and peanut butter combination to make it a very well rounded flavor.

Texture
The texture of the bars correlates with a fresh cookie. They are a bit firm on the outside but you can puncture them with your finger. The middle is soft, chewy, and melts in your mouth. The outright crisp entails a resemblance to a nestle crunch. This is what makes this bar unique from the original outright bars. Overall this gives the outright bar a hybrid crunchy center and soft outside bar.

Macros

Calories ~ 290
Fat ~ 14g
Carbs ~ 20g
Protein ~ 20g
Ingredients: Peanut Butter, Honey, MTS Nutrition Machine Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Crisps, Semi Sweet Chips, Cocoa

Rankings

3. Cookies & Cream Peanut Butter
  4. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin
  5. Double Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Crisp
  6. Peanut Butter Toffee
  7. S’mores Peanut Butter
  8. Peanut Butter Butterscotch
  9. Peppermint Cookies & Cream Peanut Butter
  10. Peanut Butter Banana Walnut
  11. White Chocolate Raspberry
  12. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

Overall
THE PROS
  • Affordably priced Around $2/Bar or Cheaper when on sale.
  • Whole food based snack bar
  • Digest easy and don't leave any bloat or GI Distress
  • Impressive taste and texture. The added crisp provide a nice crunch
  • Unique balance ratio of Carbs, Protein and fats (14 F, 20C, 20P)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Chocolate Chip Sunflower Seed Butter Outright Bar

Taste

Chocolate Chip Sunflower Butter –. Sunflower butter has a very unique taste that differs from the almond butter and peanut butter bars. This base has a mild sun butter palate, a creamy aftertaste that provides a softer mouthfeel from the other two bars on the outright lineup. Due to the texture of the bar being softer this helps the dense chocolate chips stand out. The chocolate chips as you have seen in the peanut butter and almond butter bars are bold in flavor and pack a punch. This bar provides a different experience to the casual outright bar buyer. With this bar being dairy free and nut free it still is as good as all the others offered on the lineup.

Texture

The texture of the bars correlates with a fresh cookie. They are a bit firm on the outside but you can puncture them with your finger. Just like the original outright bars, these are incredibly soft. You can eat them right out of the package with ease. I don’t know if it is because of the sunflower butter but the nut-free and dairy-free bars are the softest of the bunch. I am very pleased with how easy these are to pick up and eat.

Macros

Macros:
Calories – 300

Fat – 16g

Carbs – 21g

Protein – 17g

Ingredients:

Sunflower Seed Butter

Maple Syrup

Pea Protein, Brown Rice Protein

Dark Chocolate Chips

Cocoa & Natural Flavorings

Rankings

Oatmeal Raisin Almond Butter

Cookies & Cream Peanut Butter

Double Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Crisp

Sunflower Butter Chocolate Chip

Peanut Butter Toffee

S’mores Peanut Butter

Peppermint Cookies & Cream Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Banana Walnut

Overall

THE PROS

Affordably priced Around $2/Bar or Cheaper when on sale.

Digest easy and don't leave any bloat or GI Distress

Impressive taste and texture. The added crisp provide a nice crunch

Last edited: