New to steroids... need help on best first-time cycle w the least side effects??

kaypa

Awards
Hello everyone, I am 6'2 155lb. My goal is to reach 180lb by hopefully July or august... I was wondering if that is even possible w roid use and if so, what are the best stacks or first-time products to use? I am very new to this and can see a helpful community. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

cylon357

cylon357

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What is your training history like? Do you have nutrition dialed in? Do you have nutrition dialed in? Yes, I asked it twice because it is important. How is your recovery? What is your training plan?

In other words, it sounds like you have set an arbitrary goal because you haven't provided any real information. At 6'2", I would say you probably ought to focus on training and eating for a year or two before thinking about PEDs, but that is mostly guess work.

If you provide some additional details, you will likely get better feedback.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
6'2" and 155? Sounds like me as a sophmore in high school.

How old are you? If you're under 21: you shouldn't be taking steroids.

If you don't know anything about steroids: you shouldn't be taking steroids.

If you haven't been training very long: you shouldn't be taking steroids.

This is a great place to get a ton of info about more than just steroid cycles. So give us more info and you can expect to get a lot of quality advice.

It won't be easy to reach your goals (even if you did take steroids), so the advice you're going to get will be a challenge to you. Will you accept that challenge and achieve your goals, or will you look for shortcuts and inevitably fall short?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hello everyone, I am 6'2 155lb. My goal is to reach 180lb by hopefully July or august... I was wondering if that is even possible w roid use and if so, what are the best stacks or first-time products to use? I am very new to this and can see a helpful community. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
At your height & weight, I don’t even need to ask about your training & nutrition to know you don’t train or eat hard enough to have a chance of gaining keepable weight with steroids yet. Steroids will increase your caloric needs SIGNIFICANTLY, & you’re currently already struggling to bypass the physique of an intramural volleyball player.

Look up Madcow 5x5 or Greyskull Linear Progression (I can probably send you links to these if you can’t find them with a quick search). Follow the training, bust your ass, and add 800-1,000 calories per day over what you normally eat. This can be as simple as 24oz Fairlife Chocolate milk daily split over 2 drinks, and 2 PBJ sandwiches per day.

Come back in 3 months, tell me where your lifts & size have gone, and if you still feel the need to take steroids we can talk.

kaypa

Awards
6'2" and 155? Sounds like me as a sophmore in high school.

How old are you? If you're under 21: you shouldn't be taking steroids.

If you don't know anything about steroids: you shouldn't be taking steroids.

If you haven't been training very long: you shouldn't be taking steroids.

This is a great place to get a ton of info about more than just steroid cycles. So give us more info and you can expect to get a lot of quality advice.

It won't be easy to reach your goals (even if you did take steroids), so the advice you're going to get will be a challenge to you. Will you accept that challenge and achieve your goals, or will you look for shortcuts and inevitably fall short?
At your height & weight, I don’t even need to ask about your training & nutrition to know you don’t train or eat hard enough to have a chance of gaining keepable weight with steroids yet. Steroids will increase your caloric needs SIGNIFICANTLY, & you’re currently already struggling to bypass the physique of an intramural volleyball player.

Look up Madcow 5x5 or Greyskull Linear Progression (I can probably send you links to these if you can’t find them with a quick search). Follow the training, bust your ass, and add 800-1,000 calories per day over what you normally eat. This can be as simple as 24oz Fairlife Chocolate milk daily split over 2 drinks, and 2 PBJ sandwiches per day.

Come back in 3 months, tell me where your lifts & size have gone, and if you still feel the need to take steroids we can talk.
It is currently off-season for football so for workouts, I lift 4x a week with conditioning and skill work 3x a week on the other days. But i, unfortunately, experienced a pretty severe injury a while ago and lost all of the gains I had gotten from all the hard work I had put in. As for training history I have done this regimine pretty much all through high school but, becuase of my bad luck, i could not lift for an very extended period of time, and I fell off. Currently I eat about 4400 calories a day. I am a very hard working individual so if you give me advice or a mini plan, I will follow it to completion. As for the under 21 thing, friends of mine have done it and some currently do, so that is why I assumed it was fine. maybe not.... Thanks for any further help

kaypa

Awards
What is your training history like? Do you have nutrition dialed in? Do you have nutrition dialed in? Yes, I asked it twice because it is important. How is your recovery? What is your training plan?

In other words, it sounds like you have set an arbitrary goal because you haven't provided any real information. At 6'2", I would say you probably ought to focus on training and eating for a year or two before thinking about PEDs, but that is mostly guess work.

If you provide some additional details, you will likely get better feedback.
It is currently off-season for football so for workouts, I lift 4x a week with conditioning and skill work 3x a week on the other days. But i, unfortunately, experienced a pretty severe injury a while ago and lost all of the gains I had gotten from all the hard work I had put in. As for training history I have done this regimine pretty much all through high school but, becuase of my bad luck, i could not lift for an very extended period of time, and I fell off. Currently I eat about 4400 calories a day. I am a very hard working individual so if you give me advice or a mini plan, I will follow it to completion. As for the under 21 thing, friends of mine have done it and some currently do, so that is why I assumed it was fine. maybe not.... Thanks for any further help

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'd say don't do roids. you really care about football that much? anyways you just need to lift and eat. run less. I know football coaches make you run a lot. if you do lots of cardio you have to eat that much more.

kaypa

Awards
I'd say don't do roids. you really care about football that much? anyways you just need to lift and eat. run less. I know football coaches make you run a lot. if you do lots of cardio you have to eat that much more.
yeah bro unfortunately I do. It has been my life ever since I can remember, and I just cannot have an unsuccessful senior season because of injury timing.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
yeah bro unfortunately I do. It has been my life ever since I can remember, and I just cannot have an unsuccessful senior season because of injury timing.
roids won't really help with injury healing much. afaik they'd make you more likely to injure yourself again. growth hormone related things are usually used for for healing, but with your age your GH levels are probably already quite high.

the injury prevention really comes down to technique and nutrition/hydration.

kaypa

Awards
roids won't really help with injury healing much. afaik they'd make you more likely to injure yourself again. growth hormone related things are usually used for for healing, but with your age your GH levels are probably already quite high.

the injury prevention really comes down to technique and nutrition/hydration.
its not really about the injury rehab, it is more about gaining back what I had in a the short window of time I had. Realistically how close do you think I could get to at least 175?

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Diet and training will get you back to where you were. Kronic is right about muscle memory.

You risk too much trying to add steroids to the mix, like permanently impacting your hormones for the rest of your life. Plus you could impact your performance on the field with side effects.

You're young, your body is already producing everything you need. Focus on eating right (and enough) and being the best at your position. Train hard, get enough rest, stay away from alcohol and anything else that might hinder you from achieving your goals.

Outwork your competition. You'll find success in the gym and on your dinner plate, you won't find it inside of a needle.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Everyone here is making good points. Football isn't just a game of size, spend all the time you can working on agility and footwork drills. If you're working with muscle memory and getting back to where you were it will happen quicker than you expect, especially with where your hormones should be naturally at your age. If you're dead set on taking something get some creatine and make sure your diet is in check.

Everyone makes some solid points, and Hyde's diet tips will help a lot. Peanut butter, honey roasted peanuts, casein protein shakes with ice cream all helped me when I was in the same position as you and I pushed my diet to 5,000 calories a day for two months, I didn't put on as much weight as I would have liked but all of my lifts skyrocketed, I got faster in the 40 yard, and was far more explosive off the snap. You're going to hear a lot of the same info because almost everyone here has been in the same situation you're in.

One thing I haven't seen talked about much is workout intensity. I trained with several high school teams and in several high school weight rooms and the energy is usually good but what I thought was high intensity workouts when I was in high school wasn't sh*t compared to the first powerlifting gym I trained at. The intensity of each set, each rep is important. I don't know where you train or who with but find a training partner and environment that pushes you and forces you to grow. I know you probably think you train hard, but you can train harder. You already have the hormones in your body to recover when you bump up the training.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Thanks!
No stacks for first time cycles.

You don't need steroids, you need to learn how to eat. Steroids don't magically make you gain weight, well they do a little bit but without the food it's a waste of time. I'm not trying to sound like a dick but put this into perspective. I have my 13 year old son just starting to work out. He's 5'7 and weighs 160lbs. He's not muscular but he's not fat either.

You need to learn how to eat. 5 meals a day, every single day, every week that the scale does not go up you eat more.

At 6'2 you should be over 200lbd without trying. And don't say that you eat a lot because you don't

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
All the training tips and everything means nothing if he can't eat.

Easiest fukin hard gainer bulking diet in the world coming up.

Right now let's assume you eat breakfast, lunch and dinner consistently every day, good start.

Now every morning I want you to make two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches eat one in between breakfast and lunch and the other one in between lunch and dinner. Do that for the first 2 weeks.

Next were gonna add a protein shake and a banana after your workout.

So where up to...
Breakfast
PBJ
Lunch
PBJ
Dinner
and a protein shake post workout on training days assuming it's 4-5 days a week.

Now do that until the weight on the scale stops moving.

After that happens your going to start increasing the size of your meals.

Add a banana with breakfast
Add a granola bar to your lunch and eat a larger portion of meat at dinner.

Do everything above for 6 months EVERY DAY and I gurentee you will gain 20lbs or more

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And I missed @Hyde post. Do that and you will gain weight faster then my plan lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nevermind, under21. Don't **** yourself up. Just don't. You will thank me later

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just remember you came here for advice. All the advice is basically telling you the same thing. Remember what this forum is about and who frequents it: this is not a place that is anti-steroids.

You've gotten responses from a bunch of really knowledgable dudes, it might not be what you were hoping to hear, but they're right and you should heed their advice.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Do you have retard strength? I've got a pretty good feeling you do. Pretty, pretty good!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay now we have something to work with!

So you know how to fundamentally lift, you believe you’re eating around 4400 cals, and you had the weight prior - THAT’S THE KEY HERE. You did it before, you have built the muscle and fat. Now you just need to wake those muscle nuclei back up and refill those fat cells.

Train hard, consistently.

But the most important thing is every single day you MUST eat 5-6,000 calories. EVERY DAY. Not just 4-5 days of the week; that won’t cut it. You have to understand that it does not matter what anyone else does or needs to eat to grow. You have to pay the toll your body demands of YOU. Because you will be eating so much, and we have to do this in such a short time, your nutritional bases will be effectively covered, at least in the short term. That means you can eat ANYTHING YOU WANT, as long as the caloric goals add up and you get 150g protein daily.

Breakfast can be milk and donuts, breakfast sandwiches, bacon/sausage & eggs & pancakes with butter & syrup, big bowls of granola & jellied toast, bowls of grits with cheese, just count those calories and smash them in. When you eat pizza, which should be often if you like it, drizzle it with olive oil or dunk it in ranch dressing. Cover your pasta/white rice & ground meat with olive oil. Put bbq sauce, cheese, mayonnaise on anything you can. Avoid fiber and veggies when possible unless they’re part of the Chinese food you’re shoveling down. Fast food is your friend if you can afford it, and make double cheeseburgers at home if you can’t. Drink milk and juice. Blend icecream into your shakes, always try to snack on dried fruit or trail mix or flavored nuts between meals, eat nut butter copiously. If you eat potatoes, they better be mashed and try to use butter. Blend or buy fruit smoothies to sip on. This can be Bolthouse farms for more nutrition or just straight Smoothie King sugar bombs. Try eating some candy or granola bars as snacks (they tend to be the same thing, effectively).

The more you can process, blend, mash, grind your food & add empty calories, the easier it will be. You can take this as extreme or healthy as you want beyond a base of white rice & ground beef, based on whatever you actually need to get the calories in daily.

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
Here's how you can get to 180 by June

Deadlift twice a week
Squat every day
Eat two PBJs and a 16oz glass of whole fat milk before bed every night

Download a calorie counting app and make sure you're hitting like 3500 cals a day
200g protein
300-35g carb
And by God dude do not take fucking steroids yet.
Eat a damn steak

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here's how you can get to 180 by June

Deadlift twice a week
Squat every day
Eat two PBJs and a 16oz glass of whole fat milk before bed every night

Download a calorie counting app and make sure you're hitting like 3500 cals a day
200g protein
300-35g carb
And by God dude do not take fucking steroids yet.
Eat a damn steak
He’s already eating 4,400 calories.

And I don’t know a single big guy that squats every day. Except Chris Duffin when he squat 800 for 30 days straight, but that was a world record for charity and he got weaker by the end.

cylon357

cylon357

Awards
  • First Up Vote
OP, as has already been pointed out, you shouldn't be touching AAS at this point. It sounds like you are still in high school. I normally think that we shouldn't touch the sauce until mid-20s, BUT in your case let's talk a little variance.

If you have the potential to go pro, and very few players do, but if that is you, you could start thinking about PEDs in your sophomore year of college, plus or minus a year. I think you have a lot of natural growing to do, so I would stay away until you are 20 or so, if you really have the potential to make this your profession. You run the risk of screwing yourself up and it isn't worth it if you don't realistically see million dollar contracts in your future. You still run the risk, even with 7 figure income, but at least then you will have the money to address those screw ups.

BTW, I'm guessing with your stats you are a wide receiver / db?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree that 4400 cals is probably not enough. I had high metabolism and had trouble gaining on 5k when I was his age. and he's in football doing tons of cardio. (he's 6'2 155, likely high metabolism)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
OP, as has already been pointed out, you shouldn't be touching AAS at this point. It sounds like you are still in high school. I normally think that we shouldn't touch the sauce until mid-20s, BUT in your case let's talk a little variance.

If you have the potential to go pro, and very few players do, but if that is you, you could start thinking about PEDs in your sophomore year of college, plus or minus a year. I think you have a lot of natural growing to do, so I would stay away until you are 20 or so, if you really have the potential to make this your profession. You run the risk of screwing yourself up and it isn't worth it if you don't realistically see million dollar contracts in your future. You still run the risk, even with 7 figure income, but at least then you will have the money to address those screw ups.

BTW, I'm guessing with your stats you are a wide receiver / db?
Yeah this is a pretty well-established (and a good point) by now. If you have to take steroids in high school to make it to collegiate football, you have zero hope of making it to the NFL. So you are trading longterm endocrine health for nothing. And guys who need juice in college to make an NFL team, aren’t going to be good or play professionally very long typically. They will go in and get spit out in a few years.

But the guys who can get to the NFL on talent & hard work, naturally - those guys, when they have a clinic put them on a few hundred mg of test, some HGH and peptides, those guys are going to usually make a seriously lucrative NFL career.

Wherever you have to place your Ace card of juice, that’s the last place you can hope to be successful in sport. Because you can’t take very much and also remain athletic/avoid pumps or impacted cardiovascular function. It’s not like a 1 rep max benchpress where you can just take more and more drugs and get better (if you can avoid injury).

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
He’s already eating 4,400 calories.

And I don’t know a single big guy that squats every day. Except Chris Duffin when he squat 800 for 30 days straight, but that was a world record for charity and he got weaker by the end.

You've never heard of a 5x5 or 10x10 program?
Every lift day you do a squat (barbell, front, goblet, whatever), a press (shoulder, bench whatever), and a pull (deads, row, whatever)
Plenty of people do this, you'll get strong, quick, and you'll get thickness from it.
You won't get nice full good looking muscles like you would from hypertrophy training. But that doesn't seems to be what OP wants.

Edit: I guess I should clarify. Youre not squatting every literal day. Just every lift day. Normally every other day.

Edit edit: also just because he's slamming 4400 cals a day doesn't mean his protein/ carbs/ fats ratio is correct.
Just because you're putting down that many cals doesn't mean you're going to actually gain a ton of mass quickly.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You've never heard of a 5x5 or 10x10 program?
Every lift day you do a squat (barbell, front, goblet, whatever), a press (shoulder, bench whatever), and a pull (deads, row, whatever)
Plenty of people do this, you'll get strong, quick, and you'll get thickness from it.
You won't get nice full good looking muscles like you would from hypertrophy training. But that doesn't seems to be what OP wants.

Edit: I guess I should clarify. Youre not squatting every literal day. Just every lift day. Normally every other day.
Yeah definitely; my very first post I suggested Madcow 5x5 or Greyskull LP. The way you worded it I thought you were referring to that awful Corey Gregory fad people got sucked into years ago.

You ought to read the whole thread homie

Edit: and him eating 4,400 calories with “bad macro ratios” is indeed more relevant than eating 3,500 perfectly. If he’s maintaining at 4,400, he needs more building blocks. Provided minimum protein needs are being met (which are much lower to maintain optimal nitrogen balance when actually in a surplus) and he’s not eating actual keto, the biggest factor is him eating enough calories to grow. Guys eating 6,000 calories per day aren’t eating only chicken & rice.

Last edited:
LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
Yeah definitely; my very first post I suggested Madcow 5x5 or Greyskull LP. The way you worded it I thought you were referring to that awful Corey Gregory fad people got sucked into years ago.

You ought to read the whole thread homie

Edit: and him eating 4,400 calories with “bad macro ratios” is indeed more relevant than eating 3,500 perfectly. If he’s maintaining at 4,400, he needs more building blocks. Provided minimum protein needs are being met (which are much lower to maintain optimal nitrogen balance when actually in a surplus) and he’s not eating actual keto, the biggest factor is him eating enough calories to grow. Guys eating 6,000 calories per day aren’t eating only chicken & rice.
Lol I probably should read the whole thread, but I'm too busy eating 5 million PBJ sandwiches 🤣

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay now we have something to work with!

So you know how to fundamentally lift, you believe you’re eating around 4400 cals, and you had the weight prior - THAT’S THE KEY HERE. You did it before, you have built the muscle and fat. Now you just need to wake those muscle nuclei back up and refill those fat cells.

Train hard, consistently.

But the most important thing is every single day you MUST eat 5-6,000 calories. EVERY DAY. Not just 4-5 days of the week; that won’t cut it. You have to understand that it does not matter what anyone else does or needs to eat to grow. You have to pay the toll your body demands of YOU. Because you will be eating so much, and we have to do this in such a short time, your nutritional bases will be effectively covered, at least in the short term. That means you can eat ANYTHING YOU WANT, as long as the caloric goals add up and you get 150g protein daily.

Breakfast can be milk and donuts, breakfast sandwiches, bacon/sausage & eggs & pancakes with butter & syrup, big bowls of granola & jellied toast, bowls of grits with cheese, just count those calories and smash them in. When you eat pizza, which should be often if you like it, drizzle it with olive oil or dunk it in ranch dressing. Cover your pasta/white rice & ground meat with olive oil. Put bbq sauce, cheese, mayonnaise on anything you can. Avoid fiber and veggies when possible unless they’re part of the Chinese food you’re shoveling down. Fast food is your friend if you can afford it, and make double cheeseburgers at home if you can’t. Drink milk and juice. Blend icecream into your shakes, always try to snack on dried fruit or trail mix or flavored nuts between meals, eat nut butter copiously. If you eat potatoes, they better be mashed and try to use butter. Blend or buy fruit smoothies to sip on. This can be Bolthouse farms for more nutrition or just straight Smoothie King sugar bombs. Try eating some candy or granola bars as snacks (they tend to be the same thing, effectively).

The more you can process, blend, mash, grind your food & add empty calories, the easier it will be. You can take this as extreme or healthy as you want beyond a base of white rice & ground beef, based on whatever you actually need to get the calories in daily.
This post has me drooling 🤤

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This post has me drooling 🤤
The thing to bear in mind is if you eat trash, you are going to feel like it and bloodwork will reflect it. But the brutal truth is if you are pushing the food for forced weight gain, it gets harder and harder to get it in & most guys will need to start using more tricks. Imagine being disgusted at the notion of eating even a warm fresh gooey pizza: that’s where guys end up, and you have to get crafty & be determined.

It also bears the distinction that this is about gaining weight, like a linebacker or someone going for the greatest 1RM squat of their life, come hell or high water. Expect increasingly disproportionate fat gain over muscle as insulin sensitivity erodes. These tricks are for breaking through plateaus - if you continue them endlessly, they’re the path to diabetes & morbid obesity

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take lots of carbotropin and proteindrol. Eddie hall says a gallon of milk a day keeps the skinny away.