Unanswered New study on Test E (wow)

S

Spookybro

Awards
A study of 200 men between the ages of 24-45 years age was conducted to show how significant 500mg/week of testosterone enanthate has on lean muscle growth. Between baseline and 16 weeks of testosterone enanthate treatment, the fat-free mass of cases increased 9.6% (about 6 kg; p .01), while fat mass fell by 16.2% (about 2 kg; p .05). When compared with the literature, however, these changes in body composition were modest. It is not sure whether an increase in lean muscle mass or fluid retention accounted for the increase in fat-free mass.

I've heard people say that Test E. Wont give you crazy gains so why is it so popular and people do just test cycles? I've only gained 7lbs in a 12 week cycle myself. I feel msten gave me way more mass in 4 weeks and I was able to keep a lot of it.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A study of 200 men between the ages of 24-45 years age was conducted to show how significant 500mg/week of testosterone enanthate has on lean muscle growth. Between baseline and 16 weeks of testosterone enanthate treatment, the fat-free mass of cases increased 9.6% (about 6 kg; p .01), while fat mass fell by 16.2% (about 2 kg; p .05). When compared with the literature, however, these changes in body composition were modest. It is not sure whether an increase in lean muscle mass or fluid retention accounted for the increase in fat-free mass.

I've heard people say that Test E. Wont give you crazy gains so why is it so popular and people do just test cycles? I've only gained 7lbs in a 12 week cycle myself. I feel msten gave me way more mass in 4 weeks and I was able to keep a lot of it.
500mg a week of test e is a **** ton. That’s almost 5x more than some of us need to cruise on to maintain 700+ test levels. Still at least double what the guys with bad luck have to use.

S

Spookybro

Awards
500mg a week of test e is a **** ton. That’s almost 5x more than some of us need to cruise on to maintain 700+ test levels. Still at least double what the guys with bad luck have to use.
That's what I thought, so why in the heck are bros not gaining a crap load of muscle mass? I cant find the study again :( I just copied that main part, but it did say they all ate 2grams of protein per lb. Their body weight and lifted weights properly... they are saying test E simply just isnt a good bulking compound.... so confused

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's what I thought, so why in the heck are bros not gaining a crap load of muscle mass? I cant find the study again :( I just copied that main part, but it did say they all ate 2grams of protein per lb. Their body weight and lifted weights properly... they are saying test E simply just isnt a good bulking compound.... so confused
6kg is a lot dude, especially with test because it’s mostly going to be muscle. Unlike a lot of stuff which will add a ton of water weight like DBol, test is relatively dry. It also depends on how much they had to start with and if they didn’t control for the lifting then some of those guys could have only done curls and **** and not actually lifted properly

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
6kg is a lot dude, especially with test because it’s mostly going to be muscle. Unlike a lot of stuff which will add a ton of water weight like DBol, test is relatively dry. It also depends on how much they had to start with and if they didn’t control for the lifting then some of those guys could have only done curls and **** and not actually lifted properly
Agree with this. They could also have been seasoned lifters already near their limit which would make 6kg of muscle a famtastic amount. It's food for thought but without knowing all the variables i wouldn't put too much weight on this study (pun absolutely intended)

C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
test is relatively dry.
Hmm...from my experience it is not.

not crazy water, but definitely noticeable, bot visually and on the scale.

needs to be taken into consideration especially ifbthey didnt use an ai.

@Spookybro can you provide a link to the study?

Last edited:
U

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Were the subjects training with heavy weights? Or just regular joe schmoes off the street? If they are just regular dudes not training that is very impressive

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also 2g of protein per lb of body weight doesn’t mean they were in a caloric surplus either

S

Spookybro

Awards
All excellent points. I personally will only do TEST and once in a blue moon an oral such as msten or dmz. Never dbol, anadrolx or winnie.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP.....

This study was done in 1993.

The dose was 200mg.

Here is the study that has the EXACT data points in your post:

A study of 200 men between the ages of 24-45 years age was conducted to show how significant 500mg/week of testosterone enanthate has on lean muscle growth. Between baseline and 16 weeks of testosterone enanthate treatment, the fat-free mass of cases increased 9.6% (about 6 kg; p .01), while fat mass fell by 16.2% (about 2 kg; p .05). When compared with the literature, however, these changes in body composition were modest. It is not sure whether an increase in lean muscle mass

Last edited: