New Republican Idea: Punishing Rape Victims with Jail Time

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make sure to add on to that, also uses credible sources to support statements. Where as you on the other hand chock full of opinions. What's the saying about that again...
Political views are opinions.

You merely posted someone else's opinion because it coincided with your own. And dont kid yourself if you believe that those letters are anything but a mans opinion.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Political views are opinions.

You merely posted someone else's opinion because it coincided with your own. And dont kid yourself if you believe that those letters are anything but a mans opinion.
I posted the words of a former president and founding father, which would make my opinion that of the "informed" variety. You took to the novel approach of , "YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT I THINK." <---Cool story.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess the marine corp is the first organization in the world that is fair and balanced... has no issues and problems circulating within'.

And yes... a lot has changed FYI.
IT ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR.

What the hell do you not understand about military culture?

Your job right now, is to shut up and color. Do what you are told, when you are told. Carry yourself with respect.

The military hasn't changed in the last 100+ years. The goal and how you get there have always been the same. Defend the constitution by any means necessary. If that means your commanding officers wants you to spit shine his damn boots, you better drink up your gatorade now to ensure you can get them to be mirrors.

What did you join for then? The GI Bill... the Discount at Spencers?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I posted the words of a former president and founding father, which would make my opinion that of the "informed" variety. You went to the novel approach of , "YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE THIS WHAT I THINK." <---Cool story.
you're wrong because Fox News said so

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That guy on Fox graduated from college, so he is definitely right. I personally would do anything he asked of me.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I posted the words of a former president and founding father, which would make my opinion that of the "informed" variety. You took to the novel approach of , "YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE THIS WHAT I THINK." <---Cool story.
Yes, the OPINION of a former president and founding father. An opinion that the rest of the founding fathers apparently did not share, since it isn't done that way now.

Also, my opinion was based on the Bill of Rights (you know that whole 2nd amendment thing). So because I base my beliefs off of different writings from the same people in the same time period I am uninformed?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the attack on Fox News.

1 media outlet leans to the right, and it is the devil.

Yet every other outlet is left.. and they are "right"! lol
Saul Alkinsky was right!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let's just end this debate.

For the love of God <--- Can I say that?

VOTE LIBERTARIAN!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Saul Alkinsky was right!
I love Fox News, they have the hottest chicks.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established

Saul Alkinsky was right!
Lol I'm not a lefty

and yes alinsky was absolutely right.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
megyn kelly....mmm
There is a weather girl that works in the morning and another one who is/was an attorney appearing on different shows, and formerly married to the mayor of San Fran. From what I can remember of her, I'd knock the paint chips off her wall.

TexasGuy

Awards
Not this again...education level has no meaning to reporting events and happenings.

I know people who are far more educated in all without going to college than people with masters degrees, and vice versa. Intelligence and education is individually motivated, college is just studying a curriculum and passing exams based on a schools specific requirements. Anyone can go to a library and read books without being enrolled in college.
I see. Well, ftr, I earned an MBA at a top tier university but understand knowledge isn't exclusive to the United States collegiate system, although curriculums do provide convenient organization and availability and not coincidentally bias, considering.

Either way, I didn't read whatever referenced post and haven't really participated in this forum, so I don't catch the references or understand the bias accusation pointed at me. It all sounds childish and kind of catty really.

I think we can all agree the proposed idea in the OP is ridiculous. Any further discussion on the semantical tangents and broadly extrapolated biases will be a waste of time.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
There is a weather girl that works in the morning and another one who is/was an attorney appearing on different shows, and formerly married to the mayor of San Fran. From what I can remember of her, I'd knock the paint chips off her wall.
twitter your google all over her facebook

TexasGuy

Awards
A guy getting accepted into an academic institution and then dropping out in his third year, is FAR different than a guy who was below average in high school, graduated then purchased a microphone at radio shack and started a radio show. I doubt you'd recognize the distinction.
I have no idea what this is referencing but if an undergrad drop out is prancing around acting like an academia prima donna he needs to stop it right now, especially if his academic institution references some kind of mythical bird in the name or sounds similar "Wester (insert state name) College".

Not that there is anything wrong with small schools but they are organized in to tiers for a reason. And drop outs don't count for anything. Anybody can **** up.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have no idea what this is referencing but if an undergrad drop out is prancing around acting like an academia prima donna he needs to stop it right now, especially if his academic institution references some kind of mythical bird in the name or sounds similar "Wester (insert state name) College".

Not that there is anything wrong with small schools but they are organized in to tiers for a reason. And drop outs don't count for anything. Anybody can **** up.
The thing with Southpaw is that if he knows a guy who was below average in high school, graduated then purchased a microphone at radio shack and started a radio show dresses in a suit and tie, and speaks in an eloquent British tone and philanders liberal views and is backed by well established corporate oligarch then its all good.

The point is this has nothing to do with education, but rather invalidating one who has opposing beliefs by slandering them in any way possible.

TexasGuy

Awards
The thing with Southpaw is that if he knows a guy who was below average in high school, graduated then purchased a microphone at radio shack and started a radio show dresses in a suit and tie, and speaks in an eloquent British tone and philanders liberal views and is backed by well established corporate oligarch then its all good.

The point is this has nothing to do with education, but rather invalidating one who has opposing beliefs by slandering them in any way possible.
I understand. What little I've seen of him has been one logical fallacy after another. As long as he feels like some sort of superior debator it's all good though. The world needs clowns.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I understand. What little I've seen of him has been one logical fallacy after another. As long as he feels like some sort of superior debator it's all good though. The world needs clowns.
Yourself included I'm sure. :)

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

You view it as slander. I just examine your sources and ask questions. A lot of these debates are philosophical in nature. I try to support whatever points I'm attempting to make by at least providing sources that are direct. Does it get heated in here sometimes? Sure. Do I take it personally, or think of myself as above you or anyone else? F*ck no. If anyone has been offended by anything that I've stated in here, I'm not above apologizing, but it goes both ways. I get shots taken at me all the time in these forums for being just about the only person on this site that isn't a libertarian/conservative. Easy could come in here and make a statement about a group of Mexicans referring to them as beaners, not a peep. In fact a circle jerk gets performed. I question Alex Jones and it's open season. Lol. Hypocrisy much? But again, I know where I am so I expect it. And the word you're looking for is espouse not philanders.

Now I'm not sure if you were referencing Piers Morgan (a show I never watch FYI), but he studied journalism at Harlow College.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I question Alex Jones and it's open season. Lol. Hypocrisy much? But again, I know where I am so I expect it...

Now I'm not sure if you were referencing Piers Morgan (a show I never watch FYI), but he studied journalism at Harlow College.
Invalidating Alex, or anyone by referencing education is not questioning the content presented, thats the difference. Education has nothing to do with relaying information.

Anyways, as I always stay, education level isnt totally relevant to Journalism. I admire Piers good education to be honest, but Piers was an editor of Murdoch’s News Corporation that was illegally hacking voicemail messages. Also Piers was fired for faking British soldiers faking torture of prisoners in Iraq for the Daily Mirror endangering all of our troops overseas. What good is an education in Journalism if one lacks ethics and is a known liar?

You can add the fact that CNN is state run media who bullies and fires people such as Amber Lyon for wanting to discuss important news events such as genocide in Bahrain when CNN wants her to stop and force here to cover Iran propaganda instead. Lets say and pretend Piers is really a good guy, what good is Piers Morgan's education if he is hired at a place where when you go to work and check your coat, you also must check your opinion.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Invalidating Alex, or anyone due to education is not questioning him, its eluding the issues presented.

Anyways, as I always state education level isnt totally relevant to Journalism. I admire Piers good education to be honest, but Piers was an editor of Murdoch’s News Corporation that was illegally hacking voicemail messages. Also Piers was fired for faking British soldiers faking torture of prisoners in Iraq for the Daily Mirror endangering all of our troops overseas. What good is an education in Journalism if one lacks ethics and is a known liar?

You can add the fact that CNN is state run media who bullies and fires people such as Amber Lyon for wanting to discuss important news events such as genocide in Bahrain when CNN wants her to stop and force here to cover Iran propaganda instead. Lets say and pretend Piers is really a good guy, what good is Piers Morgan's education if he is hired at a place where when you go to work and check your coat, you also must check your opinion.
Dude, I could care less about Piers Morgan. The irony, however, is that if he agreed with your viewpoints you wouldn't be stating any of these things. You'd be lauding him and you know it. I mean look at the things that Breitbart did in the early days of his blog, and you along with a few others have used his website on numerous occasions as a source. My point is, it's okay to be critical but not just when it suits your narrative. C'mon. Lol.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, I could care less about Piers Morgan. The irony, however, is that if he agreed with your viewpoints you wouldn't be stating any of these things. You'd be lauding him and you know it. I mean look at the things that Breitbart did in the early days of his blog, and you along with a few others have used his website on numerous occasions as a source. My point is, it's okay to be critical but not just when it suits your narrative. Lol.
No, I state his criminal history of deceiving the general public...if I agreed with his viewpoints I would still loath him. Your invalidating a Journalist/Media by pointing out an "official" education level.

I never followed Brietbart, and only went on his site several times after he was assassinated and may have posted some things around that time. I personally do not like Brietbart.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, I state his criminal history of deceiving the general public...if I agreed with his viewpoints I would still loath him. Your invalidating a Journalist/Media by pointing out an "official" education level.

I never followed Brietbart, and only went on his site several times after he was assassinated and may have posted some things around that time. I personally do not like Brietbart.
Yes, I am. Because journalism is a profession, it requires accreditation. Blogging ain't the same thing. My niece blogs. I know you have this belief that anyone can do just about anything, unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You wouldn't walk into a hospital and say..."hey man, I just came back from the library, read a couple of medical books and I'm ready to get my heart surgery on."

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I am. Because journalism is a profession, it requires accreditation. Blogging ain't the same thing. My niece blogs. I know you have this belief that anyone can do just about anything, unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You wouldn't walk into a hospital and say..."hey man, I just came back from the library, read a couple of medical books and I'm ready to get my heart surgery on."
Says who? Says big brother Department of Education? lol, thats just silly. The requirement of accreditation is only valid if you want it to be a requirement. Its your own opinion. Perhaps it helps you get a job in the corporate world and give you a better paycheck, thats about it. They all deserve a chance though, Im not invalidating someone just because they are accredited and work in corporate but really education and accreditation has nothing to do with personal bias, ethics, motive (goverment, money, etc) which may make any accreditation invalid.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Says who? Says big brother Department of Education? lol, thats just silly. The requirement of accreditation is only valid if you want it to be a requirement. Its your own opinion. Perhaps it helps you get a job in the corporate world and give you a better paycheck, thats about it. They all deserve a chance though, Im not invalidating someone just because they are accredited and work in corporate but really education has nothing to do with personal bias, motive (goverment, money, etc) which may make any accreditation invalid.
Personal bias, motives etc exist in all of us. I'm referring to something else entirely.

TexasGuy

Awards
If journalism is a profession, so is grocery sacking. You can't seriously be comparing journalists to surgeons.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do enjoy a clown from time to time. Your pseudo-intellectual approach is getting boring though. Do you dance? :squareeyed:
Your not a dancer if you didnt attend a training program and are accredited and certified :)

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do enjoy a clown from time to time. Your pseudo-intellectual approach is getting boring though. Do you dance? :squareeyed:
Says the guy who's responded to boredom...TWICE. Comedy.

TexasGuy

Awards
Oh wow! Cool story! Yawn...make that three times now. Are you that easy to manipulate and control in your real life?
So you are a troll then? A dancing troll? And three times a clown with your bull**** analogies and shifty fallacies, wait this is four!

But look at you controlling people and sh!t! You're awesome bro!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you are a troll then? A dancing troll? And three times a clown with your bull**** analogies and shifty fallacies, wait this is four!

But look at you controlling people and sh!t! You're awesome bro!
Seriously, are you the 40 year old virgin? Whenever you type awesome bro, I swap it for Kelly Clarkson.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Is this the thread debating whether unicorns are real or not ?

What if Obamas 18 year old mom aborted him? Deep thoughts....

this thread has gone random topic shrimp storm !!!! ( I put shrimp cause we cant say the swear word for poop on here)

When are you guys gonna relize we arent in a two party system anymore. Republicans are basically light weight libirals.

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
Republicans are basically light weight libirals.
imo this is big part of the prob. look at what happened with Mitt many did not even bother to show at the polls because he is no true Reagan Con. Again imo if it had been say Marco Rubio instead I think it would have been different. The more Rep. move to the Center the worse it will be for them. "They will never out liberal the dems."

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's funny to read these thread then watch the news. Everyone is so all over the places with where republicans, liberals, conservative & democrats stand.

Problem is, most people outside of this thread couldn't care less about politics and will continue to do what's "cool". Obama is cool in most people's eyes.

I'm sure you guys know this, 70% of people are so far disconnected with politics and care more about Honey Bo Boo, Teen mom & the bachelor.

Most these political threads de-rail, I've seen it happen for the past 8 years here. Nothing new, just my $0.02 gentleman....carry on.

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
It's funny to read these thread then watch the news. Everyone is so all over the places with where republicans, liberals, conservative & democrats stand.

Problem is, most people outside of this thread couldn't care less about politics and will continue to do what's "cool". Obama is cool in most people's eyes.

I'm sure you guys know this, 70% of people are so far disconnected with politics and care more about Honey Bo Boo, Teen mom & the bachelor.

Comon man you left out the Bieber

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
You need to get that taken care of, I have some spare cow bell left over from my last fever, if its not to bad it should knock it out.