Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

New meet, recovery and new goals.

Oh I know it depends on the fed. I'm really just shocked that a wrapped squat for 165 was 350lb.
 
Oh I know it depends on the fed. I'm really just shocked that a wrapped squat for 165 was 350lb.

I mean think how many people in commercial gyms take ph/ds to half squat 315. I'm not surprised. Just a good indication that you're ahead of the pack!
 
I mean think how many people in commercial gyms take ph/ds to half squat 315. I'm not surprised. Just a good indication that you're ahead of the pack!

It is a good indication. But, I'm not talking a commercial gym... It's a powerlifting competition, in a wrapped division. Like I said, I'm just kind of taken aback because the record for the raw 66kg class squat is 445 .
 
It is a good indication. But, I'm not talking a commercial gym... It's a powerlifting competition, in a wrapped division. Like I said, I'm just kind of taken aback because the record for the raw 66kg class squat is 445 .

All state Fed record books look like that. Sparsely populated and with wild variance between classes. I think they are a real joke. PLwatch holds the key to where a lifter stands. More than goofy fed record books and classification charts.
 
All state Fed record books look like that. Sparsely populated and with wild variance between classes. I think they are a real joke. PLwatch holds the key to where a lifter stands. More than goofy fed record books and classification charts.

100% agree
 
Yesterday was one of those days that I'm glad I use auto regulation. Weight felt heavy and I couldn't dial in my foot position for my squats.. Dorsiflexion was tight even though I hammered out my calves and heels with a hand roller.

W:S:R

Comp squat
320x1 @8
270x5x4 15% drop

Comp bench
240x1 @8
205x5x4 15% drop

BFR bb skull crushers
Bar x70 reps total in 3 minutes

My calorie intake Saturday and Sunday with the lack of sleep Sunday night absolutely played a role in my poor performance Monday. Was sick Saturday night and barely at 1500 kcal and Sunday I was trying to catch up with calories all day. Sunday night I woke up in a pool of sweat (as I did last night) but last night I did eat 150g of CHO just before falling asleep (hello furnace )

So, hopefully tomorrow goes better. Deads, 2-board and kettle bell swings, BFR squats.
 
Mother. Bear .

ANOTHER bleh workout. Every deadlift rep was a fight, I'm like a noob. Cannot find my hip position and lose thoracic tightness as soon as it breaks the floor... Not to mention the piss poor hip extension/l0ck 0ut. It's got to click one day.. And soon I hope.. I only have five weeks until the meet plus my taper week.

W : S : R

Comp deads (hook grip)
410x1 @8 (hard 8, ego got ahold of me here)
360x5x3

BFR Front squats (2:1:0 TUT)
Bar x 40 reps in two minutes

2-board bench block
275x1 @8
230x3x2 + AMRAP (230x5)

Seated cable row
70x5x12

That was a wrap. Tomorrow I'm going to be straight anabolic, meaning I'm not doing all day lol

Be easy ladies and gentlemen.
 
Summed up my weak in the last two posts. Crappy work and not doing . lol
 
Friday's session was mediocre. Found out that my mom has a mass that has formed in one of her ovaries. She's seeing a specialist Tuesday to find out exactly what it is. Lord willing, it is benign and something treatable with pills or a simple procedure.

Anyone who follows this log and is a faithful servant I would appreciate prayers for my mom.
 
Saturday

W : S : R

Pause deadlift @9 single
350x1 @9
325x5x1 7% load drop

Incline bench press @9 x 6
185x6 @9
170x6 @9 7% load drop

Good mornings
3 sets of 12

BFR lying leg curls
36 reps in 1 minute (3 sets of 12)

That was it. My cheat meal fueled my workout pretty well. Paused deads felt great. Felt efficient on each single with very little form deviation.

Invalid Link Removed
 
Prayers for sure.
 
Got you and your family in my prayers.
 
I've switched completely back to the classic RTS. I know the new RTS is more-so Mike can control the volume but i just wasn't recovering from some sessions like I should. I'm tracking total reps, volume and poundage moved and that'll be my gauge.

Squat @9x 3 6-9% load drop
315x3 @9
295x3 @8 6%
295x3 @8
295x3 @9

Bench @9 x2 6-9% load drop
235x2 @9
220x2 @8 6% load drop
220x2 @8
220x2 @8
220x2 @9

Db row 8-12 reps RPE @8
Four sets

BFR tricep skull crusher
Bar x 70 reps in 2 minutes

Db rear fly
15x20x2
20x15x2

That's all she wrote. This week on deads I'm pulling doubles since I pulled triples last week.

Critique my bench vid ~ Invalid Link Removed

This bench is freaking HIGH. A good 4-6in above a competition bench lol
 
BFR tricep skull crushers for 70 reps in 2 minutes....ouch.
 
BFR tricep skull crushers for 70 reps in 2 minutes....ouch.

Had a ridiculous pump. I'm babying my right elbow (some kind of itis going on there) so, without to much strain and some occluded bicep/tricep work I figure can only help/benefit my elbow.
 
You could lower the bar faster on the first rep - notice how speed increases on decent of 2nd cuz you've felt it and are thus more confident? Just stay tight and trust your power. And you meet the bar well on the first but then sink some on the 2nd rep at touch. If you could combine the confidence of 2 w the touch of 1 you'll be in bidness

Also your thumb loops are on
 
You could lower the bar faster on the first rep - notice how speed increases on decent of 2nd cuz you've felt it and are thus more confident? Just stay tight and trust your power. And you meet the bar well on the first but then sink some on the 2nd rep at touch. If you could combine the confidence of 2 w the touch of 1 you'll be in bidness

Also your thumb loops are on

I knew I shoulda pulled my thumb loops lol I've noticed I sink/collapse after my first rep almost always. That's an easy fix, thanks bawse.
 
I knew I shoulda pulled my thumb loops lol I've noticed I sink/collapse after my first rep almost always. That's an easy fix, thanks bawse.

Hope it helps some. Took 95% for a single other day and my form totally blew up at the bottom - left elbow instantly flared while right stayed under wrist. It was still a pretty easy lift but I was like wth was that?! I know sometimes it's a lot easier to think about than to pull off under a good weight
 
Comp dead @9 x2 6-9% LD
385x2 @9+
355x2 @8
355x2 @8
355x2 @9
*something needs to click here. My deadlifts are fighting me . I've had mild progression with both bench and squat and my deads are stagnant/reversing. Irritating.

BFR front squat
Bar x 65 reps in 2 minutes

3- board bench
275x3 @9
260x3 @8
260x3 @8
260x3 @8
260x3 @9

Seated cable rows
110x10
120x8
130x8

That's a wrap. I've been eating pretty well, resting great and timely with my supplement regimen. The gains are slow lol this is when I want to jump back on ph/ds ... But haven't done that in a LOONNGGG time. Been off long enough to consider myself natty again lol

Need to stay focused, work on some cues and continue to stick to the program. That taper week better be some kind of Devine miracle lol
 
Can't ever be natty - the hormones form new nuclei that stay around for years and years even without lifting to some extent. But you aren't getting any of the real benefits either lol
 
The deadlift will come. She is a mistress. Hoping to bed her finally this weekend, but no idea til I get to the platform - I'll be happy w a smooth 2nd attempt even lol
 
My deadlift (and bench) does that. Progresses half the year and is stagnant half the year.
 
How hard do you have to be drying your hair to tweak your neck? Cuz I did it this morning.. Usually do it twice a year. I need to make some neck gainz.

Belt less pin squats (pins set at weak range)
300x4 @9
285x4 @8 6% load drop
285x4 @8
285x4 @8
285x4 @9

TNG bench
235x3 @9
220x3 @8 6% load drop
220x3 @8
220x3 @9

Seated Barbell military
3 sets

Pronated incline db military
3 sets

Face pulls
3 sets

Like I said, squats and bench are at a steady but very gradual increase. And I like dis, but I want dem deads to move!!!!

Cheat meal tonight for fuel in the morning
 
Saturday morning workout

Block pull x4 @9 6-9% LD
315x4 @8
355x4 @9
330x4 @8 7% load drop
330x4 @9

Incline bench x8 @8 repeats
155x8 @8
155x8 @8
155x8 @9

BFR superset preacher curl w/tricep extension

Lat pull down
90x12
110x12
130x10x2

Donzo. It's tough to workout with a minor neck strain/stiffness.

Tomorrow is pure anabolicness and Monday is comp squat and bench day.
 
Pin squats looked solid. They suck at the sticking point like that...
 
Yeah, sucks is a good fit. I hate were I stick at, I feel like when it's THAT high it's a glute/hip extension issue. I'm relatively strong out of the hole, but when I hit that weak range it's apparent and it's a wall lol

Pins and pauses are in the forefront of training. Anything else you'd recommend? bolt10
 
Not too much else for that really. That is a pretty natural sticking point just out of the rebound of a squat. Just keep at it.
 
Monday

Comp squat x2@9 6-9% LD
315x2 @8
335x2 @9
Invalid Link Removed
315x2 @8
315x2 @9

Comp bench x3 @9 6-9% LD
225x3 @9
215x3 @8
215x3 @8
215x3 @9

Bb skull crushers 6-10 reps
65x10
75x10
75x8
85x8

I tried to close grip bench tonight, and my shoulders both said "or nah". I may look into incorporating 2 board or 3 board close grip work. My bench dies so high, I'm explosive off my chest. Hyde witnessed first hand that my sticking point is relatively high, like high enough to where I should be able to lock it out lol

Anyhow, rest tomorrow and comp deadlift Wednesday. Thursday I'll take off and Friday morning I'll get it in bright an early... You know, for the feast that will be sure to follow.
 
Comp dead x3 @9 6-9% LD

365x3 @9
330x3x4 @8 9ish % LD
330x3 @9

went higher on the percentage drop, just wasn't feeling confident tonight. Still trying to figure out the lackluster set up and pull.

3 board bench x2 @9 6-9% LD
285x2 @9
Invalid Link Removed
270x2x4@8
270x4 @9 AMRAP

Front squat

Db row

So i sent my entry in for that comp. it's buckle down time, no more half a'in it. An 8 is an 8 NOT a 9. Can't be calling every set early any more... Also, time to start being more diligent about consuming my food.

Be easy gents, Merry Christmas and enjoy the time with family!
 
Merry Christmas man
 
Let me preface this with, APS Mesomorph is something I'll have to use sparingly lol It had me feeling some type of way. I had a VERY good workout though, probably the best training day this cycle so far. So, thanks VaughnTrue

Beltless pin squat x3 @9 6-9% Load drop
335x3 @9
320x3x4 @8 6% drop
320x3 @9

TNG bench x4 @9 6-9% load drop
225x4 @8.5
215x4x3 @8 6%ish LD
215x4 @9

Face down Pronated db military
12x10x5

Seated OHP
65x12
85x10
105x10

Decided to workout today instead of tomorrow. Wasn't trying to get up mad early to get it in. Soooo, I'll be using a good amount defuse tomorrow and having an awesome session Saturday morning
 
Well, besides getting so sick we called 911 at 630am Christmas morning because we thought I was having a stroke, and only ingesting maybe 1k calories Thursday and Friday combined, I had a mediocre workout this morning.

You can imagine the weights felt easily 30# heavier on everything

Block pulls x3@8 repeats
315x4

Incline bench @8 repeats
155x3

Lat pull down
4 sets, top set of 140x8

Rear db fly
4 sets

Seated leg curl
3 sets of 12-15

BFR bicep and tricep superset of 70 total reps per muscle

Still don't feel 100% and my appetite is still in the pooper. I'm trying to cover some ground her with calories today. Will probably eat +500-600 today and tomorrow over maintenance.
 
What was it?
 
Dang man hope everything is alright.
 
Damn man, that's rough.
 
Very rough. However, it was MY fault..

"This was MY experience with Galantamine.



Bought a 1/2g from powder city. The dose on the bag says (8mg). Well, after some reading I found it was best to start at 4mg, so that's what I did last night (12/24 - Christmas Eve) at 11pm.



What I didn't read until after I dosed Galantamine was, it's BEST for LD if you sleep for 4-5hrs (3 REM cycles) wake, take the 4mg and read or stimulate your frontal lobe somehow for 15-20min then fall back asleep.



So, I took the 4mg last night as said before and haven't slept, yet. I was nauseous for 6hrs with dizzy spells if I stood up (felt like I was on a boat). Finally the nauseated feeling got the best of me and I threw up. That tail spinner into the WORST feeling ever. First, my hands went numb and tingling, then my legs and eventually my entire body and face. My right hand kept locking up and my forearm was have involuntary muscle contractions. I was "greying" out slightly and was more nauseous now then I was before I threw up.



The wife called 911 @630am this morning. Paramedics came and took vitals and everything was fine (blood pressure was elevated and my heart was 101bpm - that's expected from being sick?)



So, IF anyone decides to try Galantamine, do so with caution and start with a low dose.



The rest of the bag got washed down the toilet.



Galantamine is not for me. "

Wrote this under the nootropics section.
 
What was the reason you tried it?

Doesn't look fun at all.

Invalid Link Removed
 
Back
Top