New Amino Acid Product Coming Soon (from MA Labs)!

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Coming Soon from MA Labs...

ProSynthesis-17
Amino Acid Product

* Massive 32 gram dose per serving (25 grams EAA's & 6 grams CEAA's + Growth factors).

* Contains the optimal amino acid composition for protein deposition in humans (Note: The optimal ratio of amino acids required for protein synthesis and muscle tissue maintenance are not the same; a mistake almost ALL other products make).

* Each serving provides the EAA muscle building equivalent of roughly 60 gm whey protein, 62 gm beef protein, or 65 gm milk protein.

* Rapid Absorption; No digestion required (excellent for those who have problems digesting proteins powders or are simply tired of shoving food/protein powders down their throat).

* Massive EEA dose not only maximizes protein synthesis, but provides a potent anti-catabolic effect (something conventional EAA products don't do).

* Contains additional, conditionally-essential amino acids, which are responsible for: mTOR signaling, increasing BCAA bioavailability, optimizing EAA uptake and utilization.

* Superior to protein powders for achieving aminoacidemia--necessary for maximizing the growth response.

* Superior to protein powders for keeping bodyfat at bay, while building lean mass.

* Cut way back on your protein bill (2 servings daily replaces 120-130 grams of dietary protein; 3 servings replaces 180-195 grams of dietary protein).

*In reality, today's EEA products are nothing more than glorified BCAA products. Why do I say this? Well, today's typical EAA product contains just 8-10 grams of total amino acids. Of these 10 grams, roughly 5-8 grams are BCAAs, while the remaining 6 EAAs make up just 2-3 grams of the total product. Does anyone really think that 2-3 grams of the remaining 6 EAAs is adequate to maximize muscle growth? Of course not, which is why most bodybuilders consume 100's of grams of protein IN ADDITION to their EEA supplements. Even worse is that most of these products contain an EEA ratio which is just horrible for protein deposition. Most of the time, in addition to the entire profile being unsuitable for maximizing protein deposition, they are severely lacking in methionine. When a product is deficient in an amino acid, we call this the "rate limiting" amino acid. The rate limiting amino acid determines when growth STOPS...because a soon as the body uses up that rate limiting amino, protein synthesis comes to a grinding halt! This means that, with most products, the body can't even use the entire 2-3 grams of remaining EAAs. Only a fraction of that 2-3 grams is actually used. A FRACTION! In conclusion, today's EEA products do a great job at stimulating protein synthesis via high leucine concentrations, but they are severely lacking in the actual building blocks necessary for building muscle tissue...and the body can't even use them all due to a poor ratio. Po-Synthesis-17 puts an end to that. It has been formulated so that the body can use ALL of the available amino acids for protein deposition...and it does so in massive doses! This provides the most anabolic and anti-catabolic environment possible. ProSynthesis-17 isn't something you simply add to dietary protein. It replaces it.​

Last edited:
JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
The EAAs on the market that I tried, whether powders or capsules have all given me stomach pain when ingesting in any efficacious amount. This product sounds exciting. I'm willing to give this a try ASAP and hoping I have better luck.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I didn't send Mike any texts, but I am watching him using thermal imaging hardware.

Like the Predator.

Not cause of this supplement though... a guy's gotta have a hobby right?

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not sure yet. Something basic, so the majority can use it:)
That's awesome, I mix my current EAAs with Gatorade and a pinch (I literraly have a small measuring spoon labelled pinch) of salt (it's more than I would have considered a pinch tbh). The EAAs are flavored but they really don't need to be. I would buy them flavorless if they were cheaper.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's awesome, I mix my current EAAs with Gatorade and a pinch (I literraly have a small measuring spoon labelled pinch) of salt (it's more than I would have considered a pinch tbh). The EAAs are flavored but they really don't need to be. I would buy them flavorless if they were cheaper.
I may end up making a flavorless (and therefore slightly cheaper) version if the original sells well. Unfortunately, not using flavoring doesn't take much off the production cost--just few bucks, so there would have to be at least moderate public interest in order for me to make it.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I may end up making a flavorless (and therefore slightly cheaper) version if the original sells well. Unfortunately, not using flavoring doesn't take much off the production cost--just few bucks, so there would have to be at least moderate public interest in order for me to make it.
Makes total sense. Most fruity flavors mix fine w gatorade so I just get the one I always have and I'm good to go.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
I'm fine with flavorless as I can use my own flavoring. Would you consider capsules/pills?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm fine with flavorless as I can use my own flavoring. Would you consider capsules/pills?
The serving size is 32 grams. So, if you want to swallow 64 caps (estimating 500 mg/cap) per serving, we can talk. :)

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The serving size is 32 grams. So, if you want to swallow 64 caps (estimating 500 mg/cap) per serving, we can talk. :)
In that case, you better just flavor them and you 🤣 can say they're chewable caps. Maybe mix in some Pop Rox for some cross-promotion buzz (plus extra carbs for workout fuel!)

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not exactly sure yet, but not cheap. The sheer quantity of amino acids provided makes a low cost product impossible. However, I am shooting for better pricing (mg for mg) than conventional EEA products.
I wouldn’t think that would be too hard. You’re basically making a bulk version of the others. But per serving, yeah I’m sure it’ll be pricey.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm sure I will be picking this up !!

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Grape flavor possible?

I feel based on the content a 30 serving tub of this would about replace a 90 serving tub of Xtend.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Please have a lemon or lemon-lime or citrus type flavor if possible! Those are #1 for being able to mix with other things or just be able to tolerate over and over for routine consumption. Masks the sourness of aminos well too.

Unique or more exciting flavoring might be better marketing for some individual sales, but if you want someone to keep ordering for routine, staple use it has to be something simple with a broad appeal. Neither myself nor my wife would say our favorite flavor is lemon, or chocolate for protein powder, but those are the flavors we buy over and over 80% of the time.

Very excited for this. Been waiting a long time for someone to redo a better approach to Humapro.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Please have a lemon or lemon-lime or citrus type flavor if possible! Those are #1 for being able to mix with other things or just be able to tolerate over and over for routine consumption. Masks the sourness of aminos well too.

Unique or more exciting flavoring might be better marketing for some individual sales, but if you want someone to keep ordering for routine, staple use it has to be something simple with a broad appeal. Neither myself nor my wife would say our favorite flavor is lemon, or chocolate for protein powder, but those are the flavors we buy over and over 80% of the time.

Very excited for this. Been waiting a long time for someone to redo a better approach to Humapro.
How Similar is tis to Humapro ?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

A Lot of Info on ProSynthesis-17...

Thank for the feedback. Humapro was good in the sense that it tried to make a product specifically formulated for use by human muscle tissue, but it had some faults.

For one, the amino acid composition was not ideal, as the ideal ratio of amino acids for muscle tissue maintenance is not the same as the ideal ratio of amino acids for protein deposition (i.e., building muscle tissue).

Two, it failed to maximize protein synthesis signaling via inadequate Leucine concentrations.

Three, the overall quantity of aminos (i.e., building blocks) was too low to maximize muscle growth...and way too low to maximize anti-catabolism (i.e. the prevention of muscle protein breakdown).

Four, it didn't contain additional growth factors, which is not necessary, but it sure is nice.

To my knowledge, ProSynthesis-17 will be the ONLY amino product on the market that contains a massive amount of EAAs (along with additional CEAAs & growth factors) in the ratio necessary for maximizing protein deposition in humans, while simultaneously preventing protein breakdown. Many people forget that anabolism and anti-catabolism are not the same thing...and that both processes can (and are) happening in the body at the same time. Only by maximizing protein synthesis (i.e., anabolism) and preventing protein breakdown (i.e., anti-catabolism) at the SAME TIME can we maximize muscle growth!

Current EEA products contains relatively small amounts of non-BCAA essential amino acids, yet recent research is abundantly clear that large quantities of properly balanced EAAs/protein are necessary for maximizing muscle growth through the prevention muscle protein breakdown. This is why studies have shown that consuming 70 grams of protein in one sitting leads to greater growth than 30 grams of protein, even when protein synthesis has been maximized in both groups through the additional consumption of high-dose leucine. In other words, 70 grams of protein is more effective than 30 grams because it is better at inhibiting muscle breakdown.

In conclusion, we can only optimize muscle growth by maximizing protein synthesis signaling (via leucine) AND maximizing the prevention of protein breakdown. Doing this REQUIRES large amounts of Leucine in conjunction with large amounts of EEAs/protein.

ProSynthesis-17is the ONLY product (to my knowledge) that does this. Each serving contains not only optimal doses of Leucine (which is more than most people think when accounting for competition for absorption with other amino acids), but huge doses of the other 8 EEAs...along with additional CEAAs & growth factors.

Someone might say "so what if I just took 2-3 servings of my normal EEA product?" Even if someone did that, it still would NOT equal the muscle building power of a single serving of ProSynthesis-17. Not even close. Why? Because conventional EEA products are NOT formulated with an efficient amino acid ratio.

Here is the formula of a currently POPULAR EEA product...

Leucine: 3,000 mg
Isoleucine: 1,500 mg
Valine: 1,500 mg
Lysine: 850 mg
Threonine: 850 mg
Phenylalanine: 300 mg
Histidine: 100 mg
Tryptophan: 75 mg
Methionine: 25 mg
TOTAL: 8.2 gm

What does that product look like when you take 3 servings at once?

Leucine: 9,000 mg
Isoleucine: 4,500 mg
Valine: 4,500 mg
Lysine: 2,550 mg
Threonine: 2,250 mg
Phenylalanine: 900 mg
Histidine: 300 mg
Tryptophan: 225 mg
Methionine: 75 mg
TOTAL: 24.6 gm

If you know what you're looking at, you will see that this amino acid ratio is WAYYYYYYY off in terms of amino acid efficiency. In other words, if you took 3 servings of this product (24.6 gm of total aminos), you would end up WASTING the vast majority of it. Most of the aminos could not be used for growth because the ratio is so poor.

For one, the leucine dose is too high. You don't need that much Leucine to maximize protein synthesis even when accounting for competition for absorption between aminos, so much of the leucine is wasted right off the top. Then look at the methionine dose! It is way, WAY too low. Methionine should be dosed at roughly 85% of the isoleucine dose in order to maximize protein deposition in humans. So, with 3 servings of this product containing 4.5 grams of isoleucine, it should also contain roughly 4 grams of methionine, yet it contains only 75 mg! Yes, I said 75 mg! That's 1/53rd of the dose required to balance 4.5 grams of isoleucine.

In order to understand why this is so VERY IMPORTANT, we need to understand the importance of rate limiting amino acids and how they impact the body's ability to build muscle. You see, when the body is attempting to build muscle, the "rate limiting amino acid" is the amino acid that is depleted first. Once the body depletes even a single EEA, muscle growth stops dead in its tracks. With methionine being included in the above product at only a TINY fraction (1/53rd) of what's needed to balance isoleucine, the vast majority of the EEAs in that product are completely wasted. As soon as methionine "runs out" (which will happen VERY quickly), the body can NOT used ANY of the other EEAs in the product to build muscle. They are completely wasted! Unless you provide the body with additional methionine, you will be wasting the MAJORITY of the aminos in this product.

And don't think that methionine is the only issue with this product. Its not. Even if you added the proper amount of methionine, you would then run into the same problem again with another amino acid, and then another, and then another, etc. The entire profile is off.

This is why I say that today's EEA products are nothing more than glorified BCAA products. They provide enough leucine to maximize the protein synthesis signal, but because the entire amino ratio is so poor, the body can only use a tiny portion of the other 8 EEAs within the product to actually build muscle. Considering that the EEA dose is not even that high to begin with, this is very problematic. Essentially, the body can only use a tiny dose of the already tiny dose provided. Translation: You get a miniscule dose of usable EEAs. This

The Bottom Line: Today's EEA products do a horrible job of preventing muscle breakdown...and of the EEAs they do contain, only a tiny portion can actually be used to build muscle. It's like having a small number of bricks to build a house....and then not having enough mortar to use that small number of bricks. That sucks!

So, even if someone were to double-up or even triple-up the servings of their current EEA product, it would NOT be nearly as effective as ProSyntheis-17. Not only does a single serving of ProSynthesis-17 contain 2.5-3X more EEAs than today's EEA products, but it does so in a ratio that actually allows the body to use all those aminos for muscle growth at near 100% efficiency. This means that a single dose of ProSyntheis-17 is MORE effective than many servings of today's EEA products.

Once we throw in the additional CEAAs & growth factors (all of which were chosen because of their ability to further promote muscle growth), there is no comparison.

Last edited:
match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
A Lot of Info on ProSynthesis-17...

Thank for the feedback. Humapro was good in the sense that it tried to make a product specifically formulated for use by human muscle tissue, but it had some faults.

For one, the amino acid composition was not ideal, as the ideal ratio of amino acids for muscle tissue maintenance is not the same as the ideal ratio of amino acids for protein deposition (i.e., building muscle tissue).

Two, it failed to maximize protein synthesis signaling via inadequate Leucine concentrations.

Three, the overall quantity of aminos (i.e., building blocks) was too low to maximize muscle growth...and way too low to maximize anti-catabolism (i.e. the prevention of muscle protein breakdown).

Four, it didn't contain additional growth factors, which is not necessary, but it sure is nice.

To my knowledge, ProSynthesis-17 will be the ONLY amino product on the market that contains a massive amount of EAAs (along with additional CEAAs & growth factors) in the ratio necessary for maximizing protein deposition in humans, while simultaneously preventing protein breakdown. Many people forget that anabolism and anti-catabolism are not the same thing...and that both processes can (and are) happening in the body at the same time. Only by maximizing protein synthesis (i.e., anabolism) and preventing protein breakdown (i.e., anti-catabolism) at the SAME TIME can we maximize muscle growth!

Current EEA products contains relatively small amounts of non-BCAA essential amino acids, yet recent research is abundantly clear that large quantities of properly balanced EAAs/protein are necessary for maximizing muscle growth through the prevention muscle protein breakdown. This is why studies have shown that consuming 70 grams of protein in one sitting leads to greater growth than 30 grams of protein, even when protein synthesis has been maximized in both groups through the additional consumption of high-dose leucine. In other words, 70 grams of protein is more effective than 30 grams because it is better at inhibiting muscle breakdown.

In conclusion, we can only optimize muscle growth by maximizing protein synthesis signaling (via leucine) AND maximizing the prevention of protein breakdown. Doing this REQUIRES large amounts of Leucine in conjunction with large amounts of EEAs/protein.

ProSynthesis-17is the ONLY product (to my knowledge) that does this. Each serving contains not only optimal doses of Leucine (which is more than most people think when accounting for competition for absorption with other amino acids), but huge doses of the other 8 EEAs...along with additional CEAAs & growth factors.

Someone might say "so what if I just too 2-3 servings of my normal EEA product?" Even if someone did that, it still would NOT equal the muscle building power of a single serving of ProSynthesis-17. Not even close. Why? Because conventional EEA products are NOT formulated with an efficient amino acid ratio.

Here is the formula of a currently POPULAR EEA product...

Leucine: 3,000 mg
Isoleucine: 1,500 mg
Valine: 1,500 mg
Lysine: 850 mg
Threonine: 850 mg
Phenylalanine: 300 mg
Histidine: 100 mg
Tryptophan: 75 mg
Methionine: 25 mg
TOTAL: 8.2 gm

What does that product look like when you take 2 1/2 servings at once?

Leucine: 9,000 mg
Isoleucine: 4,500 mg
Valine: 4,500 mg
Lysine: 2,550 mg
Threonine: 2,250 mg
Phenylalanine: 900 mg
Histidine: 300 mg
Tryptophan: 225 mg
Methionine: 75 mg
TOTAL: 24.6 gm

If you know what you're looking at, you will see that this amino acid ratio is WAYYYYYYY off in terms of amino acid efficiency. In other words, if you took 2 1/2 servings of this product (24.6 gm of total aminos), you would end up WASTING the vast majority of it. Most of the aminos could not be used for growth because the ratio is so poor.

For one, the leucine dose is too high. You don't need that much Leucine to maximize protein synthesis even when accounting for competition for absorption between aminos, so much of the leucine is wasted right off the top. Then look at the methionine dose! It is way, WAY too low. Methionine should be dosed at roughly 85% of the isoleucine dose in order to maximize protein deposition in humans. So, with 2 1/2 servings of this product containing 4.5 grams of isoleucine, it should also contain roughly 4 grams of methionine, yet it contains only 75 mg! Yes, I said 75 mg! That's 1/53rd of the dose required to balance 4.5 grams of isoleucine.

In order to understand why this is so VERY IMPORTANT, we need to understand the importance of rate limiting amino acids and how they impact the body's ability to build muscle. You see, when the body is attempting to build muscle, the "rate limiting amino acid" is the amino acid that is depleted first. Once the body depletes even a single EEA, muscle growth stops dead in its tracks. With methionine being included in the above product at only a TINY fraction (1/53rd) of what's needed to balance isoleucine, the vast majority of the EEAs in that product are completely wasted. As soon as methionine "runs out" (which will happen VERY quickly), the body can NOT used ANY of the other EEAs in the product to build muscle. They are completely wasted! Unless you provide the body with additional methionine, you will be wasting the MAJORITY of the aminos in this product.

And don't think that methionine is the only issue with this product. Its not. Even if you added the proper amount of methionine, you would then run into the same problem again with another amino acid, and then another, and then another, etc. The entire profile is off.

This is why I say that today's EEA products are nothing more than glorified BCAA products. They provide enough leucine to maximize the protein synthesis signal, but because the entire amino ratio is so poor, the body can only use a tiny portion of the other 8 EEAs within the product to actually build muscle. Considering that the EEA dose is not even that high to begin with, this is very problematic. Essentially, the body can only use a tiny dose of the already tiny dose provided. Translation: You get a miniscule dose of usable EEAs. This

The Bottom Line: Today's EEA products do a horrible job of preventing muscle breakdown...and of the EEAs they do contain, only a tiny portion can actually be used to build muscle. It's like having a small number of bricks to build a house....and then not having enough mortar to use that small number of bricks. That sucks!

So, even if someone were to double-up or even triple-up the servings of their current EEA product, it would NOT be nearly as effective as ProSyntheis-17. Not only does a single serving of ProSynthesis-17 contain 2.5-3X more EEAs than today's EEA products, but it does so in a ratio that actually allows the body to use all those aminos for muscle growth at near 100% efficiency. This means that a single dose of ProSyntheis-17 is MORE effective than many servings of today's EEA products.

Once we throw in the additional CEAAs & growth factors (all of which were chosen because of their ability to further promote muscle growth), there is no comparison.
I can't wait to try it!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mike, thank you for that very through write up, I can't wait to try it !! It sounds like the perfect Intra Workout drink for my fasted 4am workouts !!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Mike, thank you for that very through write up, I can't wait to try it !! It sounds like the perfect Intra Workout drink for my fasted 4am workouts !!!
You read my mind rocket. My job has me working crazy hours and I'm going to have to squeeze in some Early workouts this fall. I'm gonna mix this up with some liquid carbs and sip it on the way to the gym and during my workout. I'm big on peri workout nutrition and I don't like training completely fasted, this massive amino spike should do the trick!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You read my mind rocket. My job has me working crazy hours and I'm going to have to squeeze in some Early workouts this fall. I'm gonna mix this up with some liquid carbs and sip it on the way to the gym and during my workout. I'm big on peri workout nutrition and I don't like training completely fasted, this massive amino spike should do the trick!
I think we are on to something !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well it won’t be “fasted”, but yes this is definitely what we need for our demographic of early morning workouts. I have gotten to the point where I just don’t consume protein before training when it’s first thing. I don’t have interest in eating meat/eggs and get too bloated from any whey. I mean I could get it down but it just negatively impacts how I feel, and training for strength primarily it just makes more sense to feel optimal. So it’s Cliffbars, Rice Krispies, and salt basically. Then EAAs during and whey+collagen postWO. This is not optimal for hypertrophy, but it lets me have good training.

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mike, since you were asked about how your new product compares to Humapro, how does it compare to Mass Pro Synthagen which is Rob Regish’s product?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just want to point out that I don’t think Humapro was a good product, but I liked the idea of it a lot, so it’s good to see someone finally come along and take that concept seriously.

ALRI was not a brand I had any faith or trust in. MA Supplements is.