Unanswered Never feel a sense of satiety?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys

Just to see if any of you could help us resolve this.

I never get a sense of satiety when i eat.. I have tried high carb low fat moderate protein.. Tried high fat low carb etc... I could eat an insane amount of calories but my brain still wants more.. I have done intermittent fasting etc

Any ideas whats going on? A hormonal problem? Leptin issue? Ghrelin? I honestly don't know where to start.. It's driving me insane! Would it be worth having certain bloods took? Like a nutritional panel or something? I would easily fork out to get an answer to this.

If anyone has had this issue and managed to resolve it.. Let us know

Thanks

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What is your protein intake? I find my satiety is long lasting if I get between 50 and 70g or protein in a meal.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is your protein intake? I find my satiety is long lasting if I get between 50 and 70g or protein in a meal.
Around 220g a day.. Try for around 3-4 meals so roughly about the same as yourself

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And your sodium intake? Need of more sodium could cause hunger, and lack of satiety.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Won't hurt to try. Add extra salt in the meal, and see how it effects satiety after.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, not being overly hungry, and getting full quickly makes it easy for me to not snack in between meals when I see everyone else do so.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nah.. I use to be obese! I can't go back their! Lol I prefer my lean body and not carrying some major under arm wings
Yeah, we don't want you to fly away :)

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have the same issue, even when true keto.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have the same issue, even when true keto.
You been in Ketosis and still feeling the hunger? Killer aint it?

Im certain it's from dieting over periods of time and our body's have lost their true hunger signals or something?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You been in Ketosis and still feeling the hunger? Killer aint it?

Im certain it's from dieting over periods of time and our body's have lost their true hunger signals or something?
I’m never actually hungry on keto, but I’m never actually satisfied when eating. Part of my problem is I simply enjoy the act of eating too much.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m never actually hungry on keto, but I’m never actually satisfied when eating. Part of my problem is I simply enjoy the act of eating too much.
Same.. My biggest issue is i can physically feel full. Like my stomach is packed out but I'm still hungry (Mentally).. Im sure i never use to be like this.

Theirs also the idea of a body fat set point. Where our brains finds that we function with a certain amount of bodyfat on our body. If we drop below it just keeps causing us to eat to get back to this range?

So many things tbh

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Same.. My biggest issue is i can physically feel full. Like my stomach is packed out but I'm still hungry (Mentally).. Im sure i never use to be like this.

Theirs also the idea of a body fat set point. Where our brains finds that we function with a certain amount of bodyfat on our body. If we drop below it just keeps causing us to eat to get back to this range?

So many things tbh
I do think I’m below my set point as well; my body prefers to carry quite a bit of extra weight lol.

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you are eating a bunch of food and not feeling satiated then it is more than likely a mineral issue. Especially for a hard gainer like you. Stick to high fat, high protein, low carb. Just don’t forget the salt!!!!

Bignick31985

Awards
Some good info. I'll try some extra salt. Been having a similar issue. Eating 2800ish calories a day and go to bed hungry. Hungry all day, waiting to eat the next thing. It's insane because when I was a fatass I didnt have this problem.

Macro split is 95g Fat, 295 Carb, 215 Protein and I usually don't hit the carbs but go over on fat and protein.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are eating a bunch of food and not feeling satiated then it is more than likely a mineral issue. Especially for a hard gainer like you. Stick to high fat, high protein, low carb. Just don’t forget the salt!!!!
I use a lo salt ie 66% Potassium and 33% Sodium.. Just like to keep potassium high.

But if i was to average my salt intake it will pass 2-3g a day. Should i go more? I can easily add salts to anything.

I start to feel ill when i cut carbohydrates out my diet. Tried it before and was beyond lethargic. Might a been a keto transition though. I need to maybe stay on it longer.

I add too much veggies to my diet i reckon.. Basically for bulk to try and fill me but i think all that fibre is wrecking my gut. My stomach has slowed to a stop almost. So defo need to change my diet and see if my body adjusts

Thanks man

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use a lo salt ie 66% Potassium and 33% Sodium.. Just like to keep potassium high.

But if i was to average my salt intake it will pass 2-3g a day. Should i go more? I can easily add salts to anything.

I start to feel ill when i cut carbohydrates out my diet. Tried it before and was beyond lethargic. Might a been a keto transition though. I need to maybe stay on it longer.

I add too much veggies to my diet i reckon.. Basically for bulk to try and fill me but i think all that fibre is wrecking my gut. My stomach has slowed to a stop almost. So defo need to change my diet and see if my body adjusts

Thanks man
If you cut all your carbs you’ll need 4-5g of sodium per day.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some good info. I'll try some extra salt. Been having a similar issue. Eating 2800ish calories a day and go to bed hungry. Hungry all day, waiting to eat the next thing. It's insane because when I was a fatass I didnt have this problem.

Macro split is 95g Fat, 295 Carb, 215 Protein and I usually don't hit the carbs but go over on fat and protein.
How much weight you lost?

When we lose fat we also lose how much leptin we have (Secrete's from the fat cells). So when your at or above your set point weight you don't get these insane hunger pangs.

Like you i went from 16 stone (Obese) to 11 stone and about 10% bodyfat. I haven't really changed much in years but also. I have battled this hunger for years. Ie from the Diet i done.

You sound almost identical to me though. I eat 3500 calories and don't even shift weight on that. I plan out food though for satiety more than a quick fix or grub. I go for volume more than density.

I think its a biological human function.. No sure if you have ever read about the Minnesota Starvation Experiment? Well worth a listen or read. It just explains how our brain reacts to periods of starvation which is now termed as *Dieting*. We trigger pretty much that exact same mechanism.

Damn brains!!! Lol

I am gonna try the salt solution and see how that goes.

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Thanks man
Don’t over think it. You’re still an animal and I promise that when animals search out for a salt lick they don’t care about the proportions. Just avoid iodized salt like you would to sugar.

I tried keto last year as well. I ate lots of “healthy” plant based fats. Watched my protein intake to not spike insulin. And I also felt like ****. Probably lost 2 solid months of conditioning. If you want my honest opinion, trying to be keto fails most of the time. Paleo also failed for me. I know personally it’s because of the plant element in my diet.

Fiber is stupid and unnecessary. I would say take it out almost entirely. Look in to the Carnivore Diet. Dr. Ken Berry has good info on this. Just a thought.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don’t over think it. You’re still an animal and I promise that when animals search out for a salt lick they don’t care about the proportions. Just avoid iodized salt like you would to sugar.

I tried keto last year as well. I ate lots of “healthy” plant based fats. Watched my protein intake to not spike insulin. And I also felt like ****. Probably lost 2 solid months of conditioning. If you want my honest opinion, trying to be keto fails most of the time. Paleo also failed for me. I know personally it’s because of the plant element in my diet.

Fiber is stupid and unnecessary. I would say take it out almost entirely. Look in to the Carnivore Diet. Dr. Ken Berry has good info on this. Just a thought.

I see the carnivore diet appearing alot just now. I follow the likes of Shaun Baker etc

One guy follows it almost raw meats. Not for me but he looks a complete picture of health and he can do extended fasts so easy because his body and brain are so replenished with vitamins Minerals that he never ever feels hungry. He's fairly lean also and carrys mass.

Is Pink Hymalain salt ok? I don't use iodized salts at all.. Probably including in some of the dishes i eat but i personally never buy it. If you give me your best salt choice i will get it

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Drink more water. Brush your teeth after meals. Chew gum. Some of the things I find that helps. Also when dieting I find the leaner I get the harder it is. My metabolism ramps up like crazy