Netflix What the Health documentary

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Several pts. were made. sugar does not cause diabetes and red meat does. The other is processed meat is a carcinogenic. Eggs and dairy are bad. I mean it tosses almost everything upside down.

I truly find the former hard to believe. The latter is known and so we see the rise of nitrate free or natural nitrates in processing. As for eggs and dairy I suppose it depends on genetic predisposition to cholesterol and fat.

The docu. was done in too sensationalistic fashion for me to take it seriously.

Last edited:
Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
Haven’t seen it, but I’ve seen a few similar docs on Netflix. In all honesty, I think we as a society will be forced to creep toward more sustainable plant-based foods and proteins as our global population continues to increase. Our animal product consumption rate cannot remain status quo with a perpetually growing number of mouths to feed. I mean I guess it can; we’re just going to murder the planet in doing so. IMO we’re going to experience a huge culture shift toward plants and more sustainable forms of agriculture at some point (5 years? 10 years? 20 years?). That whole greater good aspect makes sense to me.

Howwwever, the sensationalist claims of all eggs and dairy being bad for your health are at best premature, and at worst, complete fallacy. These docs need to do a better job of offering nuance and not going all in at annihilating one side. Their hope of transiting to a more plant-based society is put in jeopardy when they go full propaganda.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Haven’t seen it, but I’ve seen a few similar docs on Netflix. In all honesty, I think we as a society will be forced to creep toward more sustainable plant-based foods and proteins as our global population continues to increase. Our animal product consumption rate cannot remain status quo with a perpetually growing number of mouths to feed. I mean I guess it can; we’re just going to murder the planet in doing so. IMO we’re going to experience a huge culture shift toward plants and more sustainable forms of agriculture at some point (5 years? 10 years? 20 years?). That whole greater good aspect makes sense to me.

Howwwever, the sensationalist claims of all eggs and dairy being bad for your health are at best premature, and at worst, complete fallacy. These docs need to do a better job of offering nuance and not going all in at annihilating one side. Their hope of transiting to a more plant-based society is put in jeopardy when they go full propaganda.
I guess you never heard of damage of monocrop agriculture which is only repaired by animal herding which rejuvenates the carbon levels of soil.. balance is key!

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
I guess you never heard of damage of monocrop agriculture which is only repaired by animal herding which rejuvenates the carbon levels of soil.. balance is key!
Yeah “balance”... we’re not headed in the direction of any kind of “balance”. We’ll eventually (probably soonish) need to draft much more sustainable measures

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Population control?

Well I thought diabetes was due to inability to regulate sugar and consuming sugar would create an unbalance in regulation aggravating or causing diabetes.

As for eggs, I recall eggs were once good, then bad, then good, and now... same with butter, milk, coffee/caffeine.

Last edited:
barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah “balance”... we’re not headed in the direction of any kind of “balance”. We’ll eventually (probably soonish) need to draft much more sustainable measures
some suffering is inevitable in human timeline especially in need with the current political climate. Human resilience will be evident soon!! you better prep my friend. there is plenty of "sustainable" choices. especially nowadays= beyond, impossible burgers - their "health" is a whole another discussion. Vegan diets known be severely lacking in multiple nutrients (vitb12, iron, Choline, carnitine, omega-3s, etc). carnivore diets may have its own concerns. anthropological information suggests our brains developed due to high animal fat / animal consumption from megaphonia. as this no longer applies with current population and lack of those animal we will have to adapt. this adaptation was not for the better though as our brain size decreased by 200cc from our largest for homosapiens.. perhaps the lack of critical thinking nowadays by certain populus groups may be attributed to their diets..

Last edited:

KameronNovak

Awards
Hey there. Though it's been a while since the original comment was made, I still wanted to chime in and share my thoughts. I think it's always good to keep an open mind and stay up-to-date on the latest health research, even if it means challenging our previous beliefs. So, even though the documentary in question may have been made a while back, it's still a หนังน่าดู. It's interesting to think about how our understanding of nutrition and health has evolved over time, and how we continue to learn new things as we conduct more research. Anyway, sorry for the confusion, and thanks for reading my comment!

lamarclark09

Awards
I never actually saw this documentary but I’ve heard a lot about it and many other similar documentaries. Okay so the documentary was right about one thing and I think everyone can agree that meat does contain high cholesterol, hormones, nitrites, and high levels of saturated fats which can be quite harmful to the human body. But it doesn’t mean that you just completely shift to veganism. I think people need to realize that what you are eating whether it’s veg or non-veg is actually the problem. Like brown rice is dangerous for you too because of the arsenic in it. So as long as you maintain a proper balance and keep a check on what you are eating then you will be able to avoid lots of issues.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I never actually saw this documentary but I’ve heard a lot about it and many other similar documentaries. Okay so the documentary was right about one thing and I think everyone can agree that meat does contain high cholesterol, hormones, nitrites, and high levels of saturated fats which can be quite harmful to the human body. But it doesn’t mean that you just completely shift to veganism. I think people need to realize that what you are eating whether it’s veg or non-veg is actually the problem. Like brown rice is dangerous for you too because of the arsenic in it. So as long as you maintain a proper balance and keep a check on what you are eating then you will be able to avoid lots of issues.
Actually some newer research shows high dietary cholesterol doesn’t matter that much.