Needle and Syringe Advice

Giza

Awards
Looking for recommendations on best needles and syringes to get off Amazon. Currently been using the Luer Lock style and wanted to see if there was one out there that would not waste as much oil getting stuck in the actual needle portion when the plunger runs out of room.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Air. You need to leave that tiny amount of air that was in the needle in the thing, and pin it so that goes last. You won’t be injecting air into yourself and if so, it’s minuscule. No danger.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Alternatively, if you’re a wimp, a little bac water works perfectly as well. Does not mix with the oil, so you can tell what’s what.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Alternatively, if you’re a wimp, a little bac water works perfectly as well. Does not mix with the oil, so you can tell what’s what.
Is that tiny amount of oil worth that much effort? Genuine question.....

Giza

Awards
Didn't mean it as a SUPER SERIOUS issue. Was just curious if maybe there just some tips and tricks that I had yet to hear of. The more you know the better off your are

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is that tiny amount of oil worth that much effort? Genuine question.....
Some brands can lose you as much as 0.2ml, most often it’s more like 0.15ml

Do you want to pin 100/100 or 80-85/100?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Some brands can lose you as much as 0.2ml, most often it’s more like 0.15ml

Do you want to pin 100/100 or 80-85/100?
TBH I just want to pin whatever amount I need to get the results I want. Most injectables are reasonably cheap so I’d probably just go a touch over to get the exact amount I guess. 0.2ml is way more than I thought it was though....

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TBH I just want to pin whatever amount I need to get the results I want. Most injectables are reasonably cheap so I’d probably just go a touch over to get the exact amount I guess. 0.2ml is way more than I thought it was though....
Im far from specific when pinning. 1.5cc, oops, 1.8..oh well

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I just leave a little air in it. Injecting a small air bubble IM is not gonna hurt you

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
I dont mean to thread jack but this is along the same lines as this thread and perhaps it will benefit the OP. What happens if the needle comes out mid injection? Can you poke another spot with the same needle or what do you do in this case?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I dont mean to thread jack but this is along the same lines as this thread and perhaps it will benefit the OP. What happens if the needle comes out mid injection? Can you poke another spot with the same needle or what do you do in this case?
I poked it right back into where it first was.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
in 20yrs never this

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A good place to buy is the place in the ad on this page you might see. Looks like a code AM10 gets you 10% off, too.

They’re an actual sponsor on another board I’m on.

I like BD pins and Excel syringes. Very affordable combo.

Last edited:
Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If that were to happen, pull needle out cap needle. Get new needle and swap, alcohol swab new area and pin with fresh needle.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If that were to happen, pull needle out cap needle. Get new needle and swap, alcohol swab new area and pin with fresh needle.
LOL.
What are guys doing with their needles for this to happen?
#multitasking

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Or you can just stick the same needle back in, it's not that serious

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I would just pin another nearby spot with the same needle as is, no biggie.

I switch needles after the draw, but skin wont dull a needle like a stoppers will

Marco402

Awards
Never have I had this happen.