Need upper body advice

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been trying to cut for the upcoming beach season. Last week, I took a bad fall off my mountain bike and tore my acl.. This means no more cardio for a while.

I'd like to try to continue a cardio workout in the gym for upper body.

Does anybody have a good circuit training routine for upper body?

At this point, I'm just looking to cut as much as possible and tone up.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You could go on the airdyne and just not use your legs (put feet up somewhere off the pedals)?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't think we have those.

Ase_james

Awards
Swimming and the heavy bag. During my two off periods from leg injuries, those were my go to.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol, I can't swim due to having a torn rotator cuff. Yeah, I'm all broke up. Haha.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Dont hit the heavy bag either. Punches thrown start from your legs, with a torn acl thats no good. Just do your upper body stuff with shorter rest and use super sets. Keep your diet in check. Also a eliptical might be a option for cardio

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It sounds like your going to have to rely on diet more than normal. If you do more for your upper body you risk injury. I actually have done exactly that a few times. I’ve learned that I just need to scale it back and heal. For cutting you can do a lot of work with just diet, but that can be really challenging.

As a side note: One circuit I like for upper body is pull ups, push ups or dips and planks. 10 pull ups, 25 pushups, 1 min plank. Rest one minute then repeat. Five rounds should get you right

Shep_Zaide

Shep_Zaide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Check out Strong Bastard 911 by Joe Defranco, If you want I can send you the PDF. I am doing it right now and it's kicking the **** out of me especially upper body!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks! I'll check it out!!