Need some advice with workout

Firstcycle

Banned
Ok well had ankle surgery and just now getting back to walking ...been bench pressing and close grip bench. Curls and. Dumbbell pullover. 5 sets of 10 ...any advice .. Just wanting to Stay active and build muscle when I can .. When ankle gets back to normal I am going to go back to 5x5 to gain strength and get stronger
 
Ask your doctor if leg extensions/curls can be part of your workouts to build up those leg muscles again.

Also why come no back workouts? You can do rows laying face down on incline bench so you won't have to use your ankle/legs do stabalize yourself.
 
Because all I have at home is a fixed flat bench ...that what I was doing the pullover with a flared back position. For a wider back.
 
Because all I have at home is a fixed flat bench ...that what I was doing the pullover with a flared back position. For a wider back.

Awww gotcha, I always forget those work lats as well as chest.
 
Leave my cruise on August 14th. Also doing heavy curls and tricep extension...with a added 50 reps each arm of 10lbs for the pump.
 
If you want to lose some belly fat, swimming is a great way to do that. Plus I believe that wouldn't be too hard on your ankle. How is walking? Are you able to stay on your feet and walk for more than 30 minutes? If so walking uphill on a treadmill is great. Are you working with a physical therapist?

Sorry for all the questions, just wanting to understand a little better :)
 
No pull up bar. ... Yes by the doctors orders I am still in the grey boot. But I don't wear it at home and walk all day no pain or anything. Crossed my mind to do very light squats maybe 5 sets of 10. Like 155 lbs or something. The pull overs are making the back soar (in a good way) not going to released back to full duty until the 8th .. But don't know my limits per the doctor tho. I had microfracture surgery
 
Do you have room for battling ropes in your space? Just anchor em to your weight bench.
 
Not really have enough room for the bench / squat rack I am using a one car garage with lawn mower and everything else in there lol. Just told the wife we need a building in the back yard so I can but things in there
 
Back
Top