Need Some Advice - Plateaued on Mass Gains and Fat Loss

monkeyking13

monkeyking13

Awards
Sorry for the long post. Need some help bros. I’ve been trying to make more gains and lose belly fat but seem to have hit a plateau. Need some advice. Here are my stats.

I’m 45 y/o, pre diabetic, insulin resistant. I’m on TRT at 200mg of Test Cypionate, divided into 2 shots per week. Taking Anastrazole ½ tab every other day My T levels stay at about 1000, E2 at 12-22. I started at 188 pounds and 22% body fat and made some lean muscle gains over the last year. My height is 5’8”, current weight 184 pounds and have 13% body fat. I still have a lot of fat in my lower belly and love handles. I don't drink and quit smoking about 1 year ago.

My measurements are:
Chest: 41.5
Bicep: 15.5
Waist: 38
Hips: 38.3
Thigh: 23
Calf: 16.3
Neck: 15

I train everyday w/ the exception of Saturday. My training schedule is:
Mon: Chest and Shoulders, 45 mins cardio
Tues: Arms, 45 mins cardio
Wend: Back and Legs, 10 mins HIIT cardio
Thurs: Chest and Shoulders
Fri: Arms
Sat: Off
Sun: Back and Legs

Here is a breakdown of my workouts. I'm in the gym for no more than 45 mins lifting.

Monday and Thursday:
Flat Bench @ 210 # 5 sets of 8
Incline Bench @ 150# 5 sets of 8
Decline Bench @ 150# 5 sets of 8
Flat Bench Flyes @ 40-45# 5 sets of 8 or machine at 170# 5 sets of 8
Deltoid Fly @ 20-25# 5 sets of 8

Cardio Glider or Eliptical x 45 mins

Tuesday and Friday:
Incline Zottman Curls @ 35# 5 set of 8
Skull Crushers @ 70# 5 sets of 8
Hammer Curls @ 45# 5 sets of 8
21’s @ 50# 1 set
Cable Pull Downs @ 60# 4 sets of 10
Preacher Curls @ 110#, pyramid -10# per set x 5
Weighted Dips @ 45#, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10

Cardio Glider or Eliptical x 45 mins

Wednesday and Sunday:
Flat Bench @ 100# 5 sets of 5 (warm up)
Squats @ 150# 5 sets of 5
Dead Lifts @ 150# 5 sets of 5
Barbell Rows @ 150# 5 sets of 5
Deltoid Fly @ 20-25# 5 sets of 8

Cardio Glider or Eliptical x 10 mins HIIT

Diet:
Breakfast: Oat bar and 2 scoops of protein powder
Snack: ½ Hand full of Cashews or Pecans
Lunch: 1 Serving of grilled lamb, 1 cup of Basmati Rice and 1 cup of Salad
Snack: ½ Serving of Cashews or Pecans or 1 scoop of protein powder.
PW: 2 scoops of protein powder
Dinner: 1-2 serving of protein (beef or chicken), 1-2 serving of veggies.
Before bed: 1-2 scoops of protein powder depending on calorie intake and protein intake for the day.

I eat low carb due to the insulin resistance. My calories are 2200 per day w/ 200g of protein. My carbs are under 100 per day and as low as 50 on Saturday. I drink only water. About 1 - 1.5 gallons per day. Green Tea in the evening.

Supplements:
GTF Chromium
R ALA
L Arginine
Creatine
BCAA
AMP Protein Powder

My goal is to get to 200 pounds w/ increase muscle mass and 10% body fat. I have been thinking about running a PH or AAS cycle inconjuction w/ my TRT but have not completely decided yet. Any advice or ideas to get back on track? Thanks!!!
Cheers,
Larry

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
putting on 15 lbs and losing fat is going to be tough. the nice thing about being on trt is you don't have to worry about post cycle therapy if you do decide to run a cycle. ive been using trest and its cleaving off the fat real nice.

monkeyking13

monkeyking13

Awards
xR1,
Thanks for the feed back. I know whatever I decide to do its going to be difficult but I need to keep motivated and keep to my goals. I've been stuck for quite awhile and decided I needed to re evaluate. Body fat has not moved in quite some time and gains have been very small. I decided to needed to make some changes. I had been researching Epi to run in conjuction w/ my TRT. It may be the way for me to run my 1st cycle concurrent w/ TRT. I've also have been looking at Clenviserate for the body fat. Any other thoughts or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks again.
Cheers,
Larry

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well you can certainly add a high quality fat burner to your diet..
some of the stand outs currently are:
Dexaprine
alphamine
thermoxyn
visceral response
norcodrene
redline UHC

other than that.. eat at maintenance calorie intake and try to "recomp" by staying consistant and accurate with your foods and training.

monkeyking13

monkeyking13

Awards
xR1,
Thanks again for the response and suggestions. Currently relooking at my diet and training program. Been doing some fine tuning to see if that will make any positive changes. I will be going to the dr in a few weeks to get my labs done to get a baseline and maybe do a 4-5 week cycle of epi/havoc or do a recomp by using one of the fat burners you suggested. Thanks again!
Cheers,
Larry

Noutster

Noutster

Awards
If you're not gaining muscle, you need to look at your calories and bump it up. Every body reacts different, so just reading the calories from a calory calculator (for example) doesnt allways do the trick.

I see you're adding a lot of proteine powder. Its easy, yes, but the best way to get your macro nutritients is still just by eating.
Because you're diabetic i would advise adding richer proteine recourses.
-Ditch the oat bar and take aot's with milk. Than add the nuts from the first "snack" to your breakfast.
-2nd meal (in stead of the 1th snack) tuna fish or salmone with vegetables. And, if its possible, a cup of grain rice.
-With the second snack add 5 eggs and vegetables.
-Pre workout: nuts and a scoop of protein.
-With your dinner i would allso advice putting a little carbohydrates (rice/sweet potatoes) Since its allso your pre workout meal.
-Before going to bed, IF you take protein, take casein. Not whey. Though i would advise taking cottage chesse.

Sorry for the grammar, but hope this helpes.

monkeyking13

monkeyking13

Awards
Noutster,
Thanks for taking the time to reply and the advice. I definitely have been relooking at my diet and will be making some changes. Within the past few days I have decided to try to bump my calorie intake up to 2700-3000, so +500-800 calorie increase of lean protein, veggies and healthy fat. Hopefully, this will help to restart some gains. When I originally posted this I had just started adding R ALA to my supplements and it seems to be helping w/ nutrient partitioning where I can make some gains. I feel tighter, fuller and visually a bit more vascular. It may be a placebo effect as I have only been taking it for 3 weeks.

I'm probably going to hold off on doing the Epi/Havoc cycle for a few weeks so I can objectively evaluate if increased calories and the R ALA has made a difference before adding anything else into the mix. Thanks again.
Cheers,
Larry

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I agree alot with what R1pp has said. Especially if you are trying to keep it to a lean bulk.
What I did for mine was take Dexaprine as my preWO, and add HIIT training after my lifts only on leg day for 15-20 min. Just another way to possibly help out. I also do CKD.

monkeyking13

monkeyking13

Awards
Veaderko,
Thanks for the information. I have definitely made some changes to my diet starting this week to see if i can restart my gains. I'm going to give the changes that I have made a chance to work and evaluate in about 6-8 weeks. At that point I'll be making some more changes to get to my goals. I'll definitely be running a thermogenic in the future. Thanks again for the advice.
Cheers,
Larry

I've made the following changes to my diet:

Diet:
Meal 1: Oat bar, 2 scoops of protein powder, 1 serving of nuts.
Meal 2: 1 Can of tuna, 1 cup of Quinoa w/ green onions
Meal 3: 1 Serving of grilled lamb, 1 cup of Basmati Rice and 1 cup of Salad
Meal 4: 1 Serving of Cashews or Pecans, 1 Turkey Sandwich (3 oz turkey w/ 2 slices of Rye Bread)
Meal 5: PWO: 2 scoops of protein powder, 1 Serving of nuts
Meal 6: 1-2 serving of protein (beef or chicken), 1-2 serving of veggies, 1 cup of Rice or Quinoa.
Meal 7: 2 scoops of protein powder.

I'll be adding in eggs whole and whites only to Meal 1 next week. Having a bit of a struggle getting all this down.

I'm shooting for 2700-3000 calories per day w/ 200-250g of protein. My carbs are about 150. I'll have to watch how my body is handling this and my have to scale back if my blood sugar starts to rollercoster. Still only drinking water. About 1 - 1.5 gallons per day. 2 Cups of Green Tea in the evening.

Training Changes:
I've eliminated the cardio days for now. HIIT for 10-15 mins on Weds/Sat which is my leg and back day.

Thanks again everyone for the advice and suggestions.
Cheers,
Larry

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
if you don't deal with carbs well, you should try recompadrol or slinsane or a similar product 15-20 minutes before meals containing carbs.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Your best bet is to put the mass on before you worry about shedding the fat. So you might plan to add an additional 5 total pounds, and figure that will mostly be fat. So if you want to gain 15 Lean muscle pounds, you will aim for 20 total pounds, and then once you have reached that point you will begin to concentrate on shedding those 5 unwanted fat pounds. You can do a recomp, but they are just not as easy for most people. A nice lean bulk followed by a short cut is generally the best thing to do. So add the Mass Gainz along with whatever else for now, and then when you get where you are going you drop it pick up some Isotean and add the Dexaprine XR.

monkeyking13

monkeyking13

Awards
rhoadx and laneanders,
thanks for taking the time to reply, suggestions and advice.
rhoadx, i was looking at slinsane earlier but will do some research on recompadrol. i won't be doing this until after 6-8 weeks to see if the changes to my diet are making the desired gains that i'm looking for. i may add it earlier if i'm having too many issues w/ the increased carb intake.
laneanders, i'm on the same mindset right now. i just going to focus on bulking at the moment. i'm working on fix my diet, put on some weight and train harder. hopefully, this will spark some growth. i probably will start a cycle of epi for 4-5 weeks. after i hit 200-210, i'll work on cutting and recomping. thanks again for the advice.
cheers,
larry

monkeyking13

monkeyking13

Awards
Samurai Bro,
Thanks for taking the time to reply, suggestions and advice. I totally agree, HIIT Tabata is the way to go for fat burning. I'm currently doing HIIT/Tabata 2 x per wk but only for 10 mins per session. I may change it up and do it on a treadmill, sprinting. I'm currently doing 1 min high intensity and 30 seconds low. I may add a 3rd session after I had a chance to evaluate the changes that I have already implemented. I will be adding more after I'm done lean bulking and read to cut. Thanks again for the advice.
Cheers,
Larry