Unanswered Need some advice on nutrition! Some questions

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey.

I weigh 77kgs and am 174.5cm tall. Fairly lean. I try to eat 160-200+ grams of protein a day but usually end up at like 210. Is that a problem when cutting? Should I aim for 140 or something? (I train hard at least 5 times a week)

Breakfast (pre workout meal usually): should I get fats in there? If I eat 50-60 grams of fat a day, how many, of any, should be in this breakfast?

Should I fast in the mornings? During my workouts too? (Hour or two after waking up)

Post workout: should I only take my protein shake? Or get some carbs through foods at home? If so, what type of carbs? And at what amount? (The lower I go on carbs, closer to below 50 a day, is where my sweet spot is. That is when I burn fat!)

Usually I have 3 meals a day. Pre workout meal, post workout meal, and last one at night. Possibly I make it 4 with the shake after the workout instead of a meal. Sometimes thats one of the meals too.

I try to eat: 160-200g protein, 50g fat, and rest is carbs.

Lower carbs: better results, but a lot of hunger, less pumps, flatter. Should I carb cycle? How would the carb intakes vary? How high to go at a high carb day? Increase fats at lower carb days or keep it like that all the time?

Should I do cardio? (I work out ONCE a day) I have Yohimbine, albuterol and caffeine by my side. (Not Yohimbine and albuterol together?) So far, I have and believe I can continue to make good progress without cardio, I believe in eating lower carbs instead.

Strength is good, I still do 20+ pullups and bench 140kgs for almost 2 reps. 130kgs for 2-3 reps etc.

I'm 20 and natural. I know it was like 40 questions in here. But if I nail these I think I will reach my goal!

Any feedback, adjustments, tips, help is appriciated!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First off, you need to know what your BMR is. You can get some decent estimates online with some body measurements. Then, get your macros right.

Macros: 50P/30C/20F

I would spread everything across all the meals fairly equal. May be a little more Carbs and less Fat for post workout meal.
Being at a caloric deficit is more important than carb cycling. If you have done carb cycling before and worked, do that. Else, I wouldn't really be too worried about it.

You absolutely can make good progress without cardio as well.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First off, you need to know what your BMR is. You can get some decent estimates online with some body measurements. Then, get your macros right.

Macros: 50P/30C/20F

I would spread everything across all the meals fairly equal. May be a little more Carbs and less Fat for post workout meal.
Being at a caloric deficit is more important than carb cycling. If you have done carb cycling before and worked, do that. Else, I wouldn't really be too worried about it.

You absolutely can make good progress without cardio as well.
I already mentioned my age, height, weight, stats etc. What do you mean 50 protein?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If Cutting Read the following:

I highly suggest you read here regarding your diet:

Setting up a diet:

0 need to fast you want to aim for 4-5 protein feedings which is the most optimal way to stimulate Muscle Protein Synthesis

Cardio is a tool and is not needed. You add as needed
The goal of dieting is keeping calories as high as possible and cardio as low as possible so you can make adjustments when you stall

How one diets well on a higher fat or high carb diet is personal preference and self experimenting. Nobody will know unless you try both for at least 6-8 weeks, take notes, and adjust as needed. You seem to be all over the place. Instead you should take the time and research (like the links above) and form your own conclusion based off what your body tells you, what you see in the mirror, and how your workout performance/strength maintains in a deficit.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I already mentioned my age, height, weight, stats etc. What do you mean 50 protein?
BMR is your Base Metabolic Rate. The minimum calories your body needs to sustain. You could also do your body weight X 14-17 (depending on your daily activity) to know what your maintenance calories would be. Start with 100-150calories less than maintenance. Macros- 50% Protein, 30% Carbs and 20% Fat.

Solution has given you a comprehensive list of links to get all info you need. Read through them.