Need help understanding my next cycle (Test C, HCG ,Oxandrolone, & Anastrozole)

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi all,

So I have many questions and I've been searching the internet for as much clarity as possible but I still need some advise.

Some history about me first. I am 41 years old and I have only run prohormones in the past (ex: 11-kt, 3-AD, Epistane, Halodrol etc.) Each time I was suppressed (the most suppressed was when I was running/stacking Epistane and Halodrol). My test was crushed with a level under 100 and I was experiencing all the sides associated with levels being that low. I ran proper PCT for 4 weeks and after 5 months of not running anything my test is now back to 778 ng/dL. Being 41 years old I am pretty happy they got back to such a high level.

So for my next cycle, I was thinking of doing 6-8 weeks with the following:

6-8 week cycle
Test C - 50 mg twice per week (100 mg total per week) injected Intramuscular.
HCG - .25 ml (250 IU) twice per week (500 IU total per week) injected subcutaneously
Oxandrolone - 20 mg twice per day (40 mg total per day)
Anastrozole - ¼ tablet (.25 mg) twice per week (.50 mg total per week)

After 6-8 weeks, discontinue Test C, Oxandrolone, and Anastrozole but continue HCG at an increased dose of .35 ml (350 IU) three times per week (1050 IU total per week) for the next 4 weeks.

Test C, HCG, and Anastrozole are all to be taken together on the same day twice per week during the 6-8 week cycle.

One of my questions is, after my 6-8 week cycle, do I need to run a SERM like Tamoxifen at 40/40/20/20 along with the increased dosage of HCG, or is the HCG all I need for PCT?

This is my first time running a cycle like this so any and all advice is welcomed. I was told I need to run the HCG during and after my cycle since my wife and I want to have more kids in the near future.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
100mg of Test C/week is a pretty small dose even for TRT. So it may not even put you at your normal baseline. I'm on 200mg per week and that just puts me in the high range of normal. At such a small dose I see no reason to take Anastrozole, also Oxandrolone doesn't aromatize. I know very little about HCG so I won't comment on that. Don't get me wrong here Anavar is a great compound and has it's place but I think you'd be just as well here to drop the Var (Oxandrolone) and bump the test up to at least 300mg per week. In that case using Anastrozole would make more sense. Going this route I'd bump the cycle to 10 weeks. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever direction you decide go brother.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m not trying to be a Dick, but that “cycle” is a complete waste of time and shutdown.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Test cyp takes about 4 weeks + to build up blood concentration and be fully effective yet you plan on stopping it at 6-8 weeks? Completely useless. Also 100mg is not a cycle dose it’s like a trt dose if anything.. I think you need to revisit a few things and read some mire

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I could maybe see the utility in such a low dose of Test if, IF:

*the cycle was longer. Like, x2.

*there were other AAS being run for most, if not all, the duration. Which would effectively mean increasing the test dose anyway if you weren't going to stack.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Test at 100 may actually shut down your testosterone and provide you with lower exogenous testosterone. And taking a Ai on that low of a dose will probably crush your estrogen and your Weiner into the dirt. I would bring testosterone up to 300, anavar at 40-60 if it's pharma. No ai but have it on hand Incase it's needed.

Test 300mg weeks 1-10
Anavar 40-60mg weeks 6-13 and start pct after the last anavar dose.

That's still a very mild cycle that should have little to no side effects and be a step or 2 up from your hdrol/epistane stack

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
778 at 41 is pretty damn solid man! …What are your goals with the cycle?

I would consider not fuckking with that number unless you want to run something really super physiological, and make it count…

If there’s any gaps in your training, nutrition, sleep…Fixing those and maybe some natural supplements might give you the edge you’re looking for?

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Test at 100 may actually shut down your testosterone and provide you with lower exogenous testosterone. And taking a Ai on that low of a dose will probably crush your estrogen and your Weiner into the dirt. I would bring testosterone up to 300, anavar at 40-60 if it's pharma. No ai but have it on hand Incase it's needed.

Test 300mg weeks 1-10
Anavar 40-60mg weeks 6-13 and start pct after the last anavar dose.

That's still a very mild cycle that should have little to no side effects and be a step or 2 up from your hdrol/epistane stack
Hope the OP. Follows this. Great advice

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Fist off I want to thank everyone that has responded to my post. That’s why I love this forum/community. Everyone is always so helpful. I also appreciate how honest and direct the responses were/are. I actually want criticism/advice no matter how harsh it may seem because I want to learn from more experienced members.

I think I should give a little more context as to why I am asking these questions. So I actually do NOT want to run any Test or HCG. I only want to run 8 weeks of Oxandrolone. As I stated, I am 41 years old with a test level of 778 ng/dL and estradiol level of 32. I suffer from severe joint pain and all the research I’ve done points to Oxandrolone being helpful. Getting some lean muscle mass effects would just be an added bonus.

So, I reached out to an anti-aging clinic and they wanted to prescribe me Oxandrolone from a compounding pharmacy. I was against that so I asked if they could just send the prescription to my local CVS or Walgreens. They were very honest in telling me they get a kickback from their compounding pharmacy and that is how they make their money. They said that if I get Test C and HCG through their compounding pharmacy, that they would then send a prescription for Oxandrolone to my local CVS. So I agreed and that is why I now have all these prescriptions on hand. (Side note: when I went to pick up the Oxandrolone from CVS the cost was $1,169.99. I was shocked to see how expensive real pharmaceutical grade Anavar is. I gave them my insurance card and it dropped the price down to only $10 for a sealed bottle of (60) 10 mg tablets of pure Oxandrolone from Par Pharmaceuticals.) so excited for this lol.

So the reason I seek advice from this community is because I have been reading conflicting advice that if I run Oxandrolone, I must add in the Test C and the HCG. I’m confused if this is true.
I also don’t want to run such a high dosage of Test (if I don’t have too) since my test levels are pretty damn good for a 41 year old. Lastly, my wife and I want to have more kids so that is why I am asking what the best protocol would be. If the HCG is necessary in this case?

@Rad83 @Mathb33 @Smont @Codybenz @Nac @Hyde @Renew1
Any additional advice or criticism is very much appreciated. Should I just scrap the Test C, HCG, and Anastrozole and run the Oxandrolone by itself as originally planned followed by a 4 week PCT
Of Tamoxifen? Looking for what my best options are. Thanks in advance for all help from everyone.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Fist off I want to thank everyone that has responded to my post. That’s why I love this forum/community. Everyone is always so helpful. I also appreciate how honest and direct the responses were/are. I actually want criticism/advice no matter how harsh it may seem because I want to learn from more experienced members.

I think I should give a little more context as to why I am asking these questions. So I actually do NOT want to run any Test or HCG. I only want to run 8 weeks of Oxandrolone. As I stated, I am 41 years old with a test level of 778 ng/dL and estradiol level of 32. I suffer from severe joint pain and all the research I’ve done points to Oxandrolone being helpful. Getting some lean muscle mass effects would just be an added bonus.

So, I reached out to an anti-aging clinic and they wanted to prescribe me Oxandrolone from a compounding pharmacy. I was against that so I asked if they could just send the prescription to my local CVS or Walgreens. They were very honest in telling me they get a kickback from their compounding pharmacy and that is how they make their money. They said that if I get Test C and HCG through their compounding pharmacy, that they would then send a prescription for Oxandrolone to my local CVS. So I agreed and that is why I now have all these prescriptions on hand. (Side note: when I went to pick up the Oxandrolone from CVS the cost was $1,169.99. I was shocked to see how expensive real pharmaceutical grade Anavar is. I gave them my insurance card and it dropped the price down to only $10 for a sealed bottle of (60) 10 mg tablets of pure Oxandrolone from Par Pharmaceuticals.) so excited for this lol.

So the reason I seek advice from this community is because I have been reading conflicting advice that if I run Oxandrolone, I must add in the Test C and the HCG. I’m confused if this is true.
I also don’t want to run such a high dosage of Test (if I don’t have too) since my test levels are pretty damn good for a 41 year old. Lastly, my wife and I want to have more kids so that is why I am asking what the best protocol would be. If the HCG is necessary in this case?

Any additional advice or criticism is very much appreciated. Should I just scrap the Test C, HCG, and Anastrozole and run the Oxandrolone by itself as originally planned followed by a 4 week PCT
Of Tamoxifen? Looking for what my best options are. Thanks in advance for all help from everyone.
Running an oral steroids not really any different than running a pro hormone like you've already run, oxandrolone is anavar, similar in strength to hdrol I would say. Hcg is no more necessary then it was with your prohormone cycles. But if you use about 300mg of test with your anavar you will have far better results then 100mg, 100 may even be counter productive

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Man.....that whole scenario is just crazy. From the beginning it's Crazy, and it just keeps getting crazier.

From the beginning .... Running an anabolic Steroid for joint pain is Crazy.
They make stuff for joint pain ... And it isn't Anavar.
In fact, I Represent Apex-Alchemy, a board sponsor, and well respected company here.... And we make something for joint pain.
... And a Lot of the members here rave about it. It's Great stuff.
And Anavar is one of my favorite Steroids. But not because it decreases my joint pain. In fact... It really doesn't.

So then you buy Test and HCG, just so you can get a better deal on the Anavar.
That doesn't mean you have to use it.

Your thought process is ... Different.

Since you explained your process here, I now understand Why you've done all of this.
But I disagree with it.
All of it.

Let me be clear....
I don't disagree with taking Anavar, or Test, or HCG.
I use that stuff. ...ehhh for my pet squirrel, or whatever.

And I recommend to others (Often. Almost daily).
How to best take those things (and give to their squirrels, or whatever).

But I would Never take them for the reasons that you listed.
And I would certainly never recommend for anyone else to use them for the reasons you mentioned.

On top of everything else, you're risking your own (very good) Testosterone production for no good reason at all.

This is crazy man.

I hate putting things this way on the open forum, because it is so easy for people to get offended by the blunt truth.
But you asked for it.
There it is.

If you would rather discuss any of this in private, I understand, and you're welcome to send me a msg.

Last edited:

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Man.....that whole scenario is just crazy. From the beginning it's Crazy, and it just keeps getting crazier.

From the beginning .... Running an anabolic Steroid for joint pain is Crazy.
They make stuff for joint pain ... And it isn't Anavar.
In fact, I Represent Apex-Alchemy, a board sponsor, and well respected company here.... And we make something for joint pain.
... And a Lot of the members here rave about it. It's Great stuff.
And Anavar is one of my favorite Steroids. But not because it decreases my joint pain. In fact... It really doesn't.

So then you buy Test and HCG, just so you can get a better deal on the Anavar.
That doesn't mean you have to use it.

Your thought process is ... Different.

Since you explained your process here, I now understand Why you've done all of this.
But I disagree with it.
All of it.

Let me be clear....
I don't disagree with taking Anavar, or Test, or HCG.
I use that stuff. ...ehhh for my pet squirrel, or whatever.

And I recommend to others (Often. Almost daily).
How to best take those things (and give to their squirrels, or whatever).

But I would Never take them for the reasons that you listed.
And I would certainly never recommend for anyone else to use them for the reasons you mentioned.

On top of everything else, you're risking your own (very good) Testosterone production for no good reason at all.

This is crazy man.

I hate putting things this way on the open forum, because it is so easy for people to get offended by the blunt truth.
But you asked for it.
There it is.

If you would rather discuss any of this in private, I understand, and you're welcome to send me a msg.
I actually appreciate your honesty. I don’t get offended at all. I know some people do, but I have a very thick skin not to mention I asked for this forum’s advice. So thank you.

Let me ask you this, since I’ve ran Epistane and Halodrol in the past. Can’t I just run the Oxandrolone solo, followed by a 4 week PCT of Tamoxifen? I have pure Oxandrolone on hand now and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to try it.

As far as the Test C, HCG, and Anastrozole, I will just throw it in the trash.

Thoughts?

P.S. Iwill also look into the Apex-Alchemy for my severe joint pain.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I actually appreciate your honesty. I don’t get offended at all. I know some people do, but I have a very thick skin not to mention I asked for this forum’s advice. So thank you.

Let me ask you this, since I’ve ran Epistane and Halodrol in the past. Can’t I just run the Oxandrolone solo, followed by a 4 week PCT of Tamoxifen? I have pure Oxandrolone on hand now and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to try it.

Thoughts?

Sure, you could run Anavar by itself. I have.
A lot of guys don't recommend it, because it can (of course) suppress you, and sometimes make you feel a little bad/tired on cycle, because your Testosterone is suppressed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright so first I’ll discuss better options for you based on what you have provided, then I will lay out cycle thoughts if you decide to suppress your natural test anyway:

-You have great natural test levels, and you want to try to conceive soon. Cycling risks those test levels longterm, will weaken your sperm motility and levels (maybe even make you effectively sterile for a while, everyone is different), and if test doesn’t recover well from this cycle you’re going to have a tough time laying pipe & busting nuts for a week straight every ovulation cycle.

-There are some great joint supplements you can use year round, and Var will only increase collagen synthesis while on it. You also still need to have collagen present to synthesize it. So in either scenario, you should start taking 10-20g of collagen peptides per day. I like it in my coffee or throw it in my workout water since it is flavorless. You will need to trim your nails & cut your hair a little more often, but it’s worth it. SNS Joint Support Xt has been so solid relief for me I just bought another 4 bottles. If you prefer transdermal over pills, get Apex Alchemy Helios and apply it directly to the joints daily. You can even stack them both if desired, and SNS makes a Cissus product you can add for additional joint inflammation reduction as well (also good for blood glucose, as are the other 2 products). You could even add high doses of Boswelia Serrata extract through the day if you wanted another supplement to consider if still having pains.

If you want to do an 8 week cycle of Var, or anything, yes run the HCG starting week 2 as you described. You don’t need to run it after the steroids for such a short cycle; using HCG post cycle is generally for guys who have let them really atrophy down over longer cycles. Running 250iu e3d will be plenty to keep them alive during 8 weeks of Var. This will be an incredibly mild cycle like the prohormones you used, and I don’t think cycling now is worth it when you are looking to have another child soon. Using testosterone for such a short mild cycle will be more suppressive, in this specific context. But joint problems will not go away from 8 weeks of Var.

-If you wanted a proper cycle, I would keep storing your test and Var up for a few months to get enough to run 300mg test for 12 weeks, with even more Var and make the cycle really count. If you are going to shut things down, get some gains at least.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright so first I’ll discuss better options for you based on what you have provided, then I will lay out cycle thoughts if you decide to suppress your natural test anyway:

-You have great natural test levels, and you want to try to conceive soon. Cycling risks those test levels longterm, will weaken your sperm motility and levels (maybe even make you effectively sterile for a while, everyone is different), and if test doesn’t recover well from this cycle you’re going to have a tough time laying pipe & busting nuts for a week straight every ovulation cycle.

-There are some great joint supplements you can use year round, and Var will only increase collagen synthesis while on it. You also still need to have collagen present to synthesize it. So in either scenario, you should start taking 10-20g of collagen peptides per day. I like it in my coffee or throw it in my workout water since it is flavorless. You will need to trim your nails & cut your hair a little more often, but it’s worth it. SNS Joint Support Xt has been so solid relief for me I just bought another 4 bottles. If you prefer transdermal over pills, get Apex Alchemy Helios and apply it directly to the joints daily. You can even stack them both if desired, and SNS makes a Cissus product you can add for additional joint inflammation reduction as well (also good for blood glucose, as are the other 2 products). You could even add high doses of Boswelia Serrata extract through the day if you wanted another supplement to consider if still having pains.

If you want to do an 8 week cycle of Var, or anything, yes run the HCG starting week 2 as you described. You don’t need to run it after the steroids for such a short cycle; using HCG post cycle is generally for guys who have let them really atrophy down over longer cycles. Running 250iu e3d will be plenty to keep them alive during 8 weeks of Var. This will be an incredibly mild cycle like the prohormones you used, and I don’t think cycling now is worth it when you are looking to have another child soon. Using testosterone for such a short mild cycle will be more suppressive, in this specific context. But joint problems will not go away from 8 weeks of Var.

-If you wanted a proper cycle, I would keep storing your test and Var up for a few months to get enough to run 300mg test for 12 weeks, with even more Var and make the cycle really count. If you are going to shut things down, get some gains at least.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Thoughts?

Why dont you run a proper cycle? 12 weeks of test e at say 350mg a week and say 40mg of anavar week 8-12? Or even 6-12 if you want to push it a bit. Or even better, run anavar for another week as test clears your system as you are still technically on cycle.

At this dose of test you prolly wont need an ai but will still elevate estrogen into optimal range for growth. Anavar will provide additional anabolism when gains from test start tapering off.

Also you can add a gh secretagogue like mk677 it will amplify the results of aas.

Dont run anavar only its just silly why would you want suboptimal results. You need estrogen to grow. DO NOT throw your test into trash unless you plan on giving up on steroids completely.

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for being MIA on this thread but WOW!!! Thank you all for the great advice. After taking all your advice into consideration, I think you all have given me the information I needed to steer me in the best direction.

Given that my wife and I still want to have kids, I will hold off on running any of these. I will take your recommendations on how to best address my joint pain and continue to build up a stash of the prescriptions so that when the time comes (whenever that is) I'll have enough on hand to run a proper cycle.

Thanks to @Rad83 @Mathb33 @Smont @Codybenz @Nac @Hyde @Renew1 for all your input and advice. It's greatly appreciated!!!