• Established
hay guys

i am 30 years old 180 lbs i started keto diet a week ago i take
3 eggs omelet made in 2 tspn of butter for breakfast
130 grams of chiken made in butter in lunch
1 scoop protein shake in water before gym
and 1 scoop after gym

am i doing it right for keto diet?

With Keto you have to closely track your macros. Net carb intake should be around 5% of totally daily calorie intake. 60% Fats, 35% protein, and 5% carbs is a common macro breakdown.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
hay guys

i am 30 years old 180 lbs i started keto diet a week ago i take
3 eggs omelet made in 2 tspn of butter for breakfast
130 grams of chiken made in butter in lunch
1 scoop protein shake in water before gym
and 1 scoop after gym

am i doing it right for keto diet?

Is that all your are eating / consuming each day, unless my calculations are wrong you are only consuming 900-1200 kcals a day!! Looks like a recipe for disaster.

180 lbs but how tall are you and do you know your body fat %?

silentroar

Awards
YES TAT IS ALL I AM EATING AM VERY NEW TO THIS NOT GOOD ON INTERNET EITHER SO IF CAN HELP WHAT CAN I ADD IN DIET
ALSO SOME ONE TOLD ME TO DO CYCLE WITH IT U WILL SHED FAT MUCH FASTER LIKE TEST, WINSTROL, CLEN, T3
PLZ GUYS HELP ME OUT.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Read up on how too much protein will knock you out of ketosis. I would not recommend you start a cycle until you can at least figure out how to work a diet for yourself. Just bad news if you go into it half assed.

silentroar

Awards
Is that all your are eating / consuming each day, unless my calculations are wrong you are only consuming 900-1200 kcals a day!! Looks like a recipe for disaster.

180 lbs but how tall are you and do you know your body fat %?
i am 5'9 body fat must be around 24% YES TAT IS ALL I AM EATING AM VERY NEW TO THIS NOT GOOD ON INTERNET EITHER SO IF CAN HELP WHAT CAN I ADD IN DIET
ALSO SOME ONE TOLD ME TO DO CYCLE WITH IT U WILL SHED FAT MUCH FASTER LIKE TEST, WINSTROL, CLEN, T3
PLZ GUYS HELP ME OUT.
i checked am eating around 120g protien, carbs less then 40g or may be 30g, fat around 70g
can you tell me what food i should add but should be easy and fast to cook.
thanks

mrgoomba

Awards
Keto is not a diet we can just tell you what to eat... you need to do quite a bit of research. First, figure out your total calorie intake based on your goals. From here, consume 60% of your calories from fat, 35% from protein, and then the remaining 5% from fiberous carbs such as asparagus and broccoli.

My staple foods:
-Bacon
-Turkey sausage/breakfast sausage
-Eggs
-Coconut oil
-Butter
-chicken breast
-boneless skinless thighes
-Steak
-Ground beef
-Spinach
-Asparagus
-Brocoli
-Nuts
-protein powder (keep it to 1 shake per day)
-Cheese

silentroar

Awards
my carbs are less then 20g my protien is between 100 - 120g but i dont know how to increase my fats

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Do you eat salad with your meals? if so make your own vinaigrette 3 parts olive oil to 1 part apple cider vinegar, do you drink coffee again if so add double cream, note this has a small amount of carbs (1.6 g per 100ml)

silentroar

Awards
Do you eat salad with your meals? if so make your own vinaigrette 3 parts olive oil to 1 part apple cider vinegar, do you drink coffee again if so add double cream, note this has a small amount of carbs (1.6 g per 100ml)
i eat bit of cabage with my bfast 3ggs omelate with 2 tbsp cream chease on top and same about of cabbage with my lunch 130g of chicken breast made in 2 tbsp butter with one slice cottage cheese on top

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Do you not eat a dinner at night? I know you have protein shakes pre and post workout but you should get some more food down you at night.

Can you not add more eggs into the omelette together with full fat extra mature cheese and maybe a small amount of cream?

Can you eat more chicken at lunchtime?

silentroar

Awards
Do you not eat a dinner at night? I know you have protein shakes pre and post workout but you should get some more food down you at night.

Can you not add more eggs into the omelette together with full fat extra mature cheese and maybe a small amount of cream?

Can you eat more chicken at lunchtime?
i can eat more chicken but my protien in take will go up and i read on ketosis if you eat more protien u get kick out of ketosis

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
i can eat more chicken but my protien in take will go up and i read on ketosis if you eat more protien u get kick out of ketosis
I would have thought you could up your protein to at least 160 g if not 180 g and still be in ketosis but obviously I cannot confirm if this is the case with you - do you monitor your ketone levels daily if so add small amounts of protein and see how it goes if not drink some olive oil

silentroar

Awards
I would have thought you could up your protein to at least 160 g if not 180 g and still be in ketosis but obviously I cannot confirm if this is the case with you - do you monitor your ketone levels daily if so add small amounts of protein and see how it goes if not drink some olive oil
i havnt checked yet can i get any diabetic urine strip or there are any specific strips for this purpose

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I have never done a keto diet but there are specific ketone strips out there just need to google it or go to Amazon or ebay

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
On and off for 30 years, seriously from 1991 to 1998 then I had 13 years off from 1998 to 2011, kids and all that but have been consistent training again since October 2011.

silentroar

Awards
On and off for 30 years, seriously from 1991 to 1998 then I had 13 years off from 1998 to 2011, kids and all that but have been consistent training again since October 2011.
bro can you give me worrkout plan/routine for max fat loss

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I use either a system called HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training) or use Myo Reps or a hybrid of both, you can google both.

I would recommend sticking to compound exercises (squats, deads, bench press, overhead press, rows and chins) in a rep range of 5-10 reps to retain as much muscle as possible during a cut, weight loss is 90% diet with the weights to preserve muscle.

DocOptimzed

DocOptimzed

Awards
Keto is not a diet we can just tell you what to eat... you need to do quite a bit of research. First, figure out your total calorie intake based on your goals. From here, consume 60% of your calories from fat, 35% from protein, and then the remaining 5% from fiberous carbs such as asparagus and broccoli.

My staple foods:
-Bacon
-Turkey sausage/breakfast sausage
-Eggs
-Coconut oil
-Butter
-chicken breast
-boneless skinless thighes
-Steak
-Ground beef
-Spinach
-Asparagus
-Brocoli
-Nuts
-protein powder (keep it to 1 shake per day)
-Cheese
great Advice dued thanks for share with us very helpfull for newbies like me