need help kind of embarrassing

dannyszero

Awards
ok for the past 2 days my nipples have been feeling very wierd like sensitive n my breast tissue seems to have slightly increased...note that i have never taken any steroid so it cant be gyno only thing i ever tooken was a all natural test booster called neogenix supremacy n i been off of it 2 weeks already...it really is frustrating because my chest looks hard as a rock but for the past 2 days its been feeling like how i explained it and its making my chest look wierd could it be i have an axcess amount of estrogen? i also changed the protien mass gainer i was taking because the company changed it to a more caloric n carb shake but that cant be it i started it yesterday. please help thanks

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What did you change in your diet? Did you switch from locally grown vegetables to supermarket mass produce? The pestacides they use are estrogenic. As are the breakdown in plastic water bottles used over and over again. You could be highly sensitive to that.

But......... My guess might be an external irritant. Did you switch laundry detergents or fabric softners or soap? Personally, a switch in these can sometimes irritate my nipples and leave them inflamed.

If you can eliminate the latter, then get a blood test done to determine estrogen levels before you start experimenting with estro blocking therapies.

Br

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
You can't go wrong with DIM. DIM is scientifically based product, all natural and in expensive. Just google DIM and do some research. DIM basically down regulates E2, the strongest form of estrogen. Progesterone is not a problems as long as E2 is under control. DIM is a staple for me.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
First, I highly suggest a blood test before any type of anti-e is taken..whether synthetic or plant derived. Physiological levels of estrogen serve several important purposes in the male body.

Second, DIM also appears to be anti-androgenic...which make it a poor choice for a healthy man:

Anal Bioanal Chem. 2008 Feb;390(4):1111-9. Epub 2008 Jan 11.
[h=1]Screening of synthetic and plant-derived compounds for (anti)estrogenic and (anti)androgenic activities.[/h]Bovee TF, Schoonen WG, Hamers AR, Bento MJ, Peijnenburg AA.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Safety & Health, RIKILT-Institute of Food Safety, P.O. Box 230, 6700 AE, Wageningen, The Netherlands. [email protected]

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Recently we constructed yeast cells that either express the human estrogen receptor alpha or the human androgen receptor in combination with a consensus ERE or ARE repeat in the promoter region of a green fluorescent protein (yEGFP) read-out system. These bioassays were proven to be highly specific for their cognate agonistic compounds. In this study the value of these yeast bioassays was assessed for analysis of compounds with antagonistic properties. Several pure antagonists, selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) and plant-derived compounds were tested. The pure antiestrogens ICI 182,780 and RU 58668 were also classified as pure ER antagonists in the yeast estrogen bioassay and the pure antiandrogen flutamide was also a pure AR antagonist in the yeast androgen bioassay. The plant-derived compounds flavone and guggulsterone displayed both antiestrogenic and antiandrogenic activities, while 3,3'-diindolylmethane (DIM) and equol combined an estrogenic mode of action with an antiandrogenic activity. Indol-3-carbinol (I3C) only showed an antiandrogenic activity. Coumestrol, genistein, naringenin and 8-prenylnaringenin were estrogenic and acted additively, while the plant sterols failed to show any effect. Although hormonally inactive, in vitro and in vivo metabolism of the aforementioned plant sterols may still lead to the formation of active metabolites in other test systems.
Br

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Another...granted this is in prostate cells, but still it shows a strong anti-androgenic effect:

J Biol Chem. 2003 Jun 6;278(23):21136-45. Epub 2003 Mar 27.
[h=1]Plant-derived 3,3'-Diindolylmethane is a strong androgen antagonist in human prostate cancer cells.[/h]Le HT, Schaldach CM, Firestone GL, Bjeldanes LF.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Nutritional Sciences and Toxicology, The University of California, Berkeley, California 94720-3104, USA. [email protected]

[h=3]Abstract[/h]3,3'-Diindolylmethane (DIM) is a major digestive product of indole-3-carbinol, a potential anticancer component of cruciferous vegetables. Our results indicate that DIM exhibits potent antiproliferative and antiandrogenic properties in androgen-dependent human prostate cancer cells. DIM suppresses cell proliferation of LNCaP cells and inhibits dihydrotestosterone (DHT) stimulation of DNA synthesis. These activities were not produced in androgen-independent PC-3 cells. Moreover, DIM inhibited endogenous PSA transcription and reduced intracellular and secreted PSA protein levels induced by DHT in LNCaP cells. Also, DIM inhibited, in a concentration-dependent manner, the DHT-induced expression of a prostate-specific antigen promoter-regulated reporter gene construct in transiently transfected LNCaP cells. Similar effects of DIM were observed in PC-3 cells only when these cells were co-transfected with a wild-type androgen receptor expression plasmid. Using fluorescence imaging with green fluorescent protein androgen receptor and Western blot analysis, we demonstrated that DIM inhibited androgen-induced androgen receptor (AR) translocation into the nucleus. Results of receptor binding assays indicated further that DIM is a strong competitive inhibitor of DHT binding to the AR. Results of structural modeling studies showed that DIM is remarkably similar in conformational geometry and surface charge distribution to an established synthetic AR antagonist, although the atomic compositions of the two substances are quite different. Taken together with our published reports of the estrogen agonist activities of DIM, the present results establish DIM as a unique bifunctional hormone disrupter. To our knowledge, DIM is the first example of a pure androgen receptor antagonist from plants.

PMID:12665522 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Free full text
Br

EDIT: Keep in mind that more research is needed to determine what effect DIM has on the androgen receptors in skeletal muscle.