need good routine

Mellow33

Awards
Well first off I work 7 days a week and between 80-105 hours weekly. So it's hard to decide on a routine lol.

I'm trying to start a cut and gonna be hitting the gym in the morning before work (work at 530am)

Any suggestions on a good routine that won't completely drain me with my work schedule?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What kind of work are you doing for 80+ hours a week?

There are certainly a few options, but as you say, you wanna make the best of it.

Mellow33

Awards
Water transfer on fracs and drilling rigs. I'm on the construction crew for my company and we do all the setting up and rig ups so one day we'll work an 18 with heavy lifting non stop all day and another day 8 hours of driving to sites. Just never really know lol

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Screw that!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Training history?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, if you knew which days are going to be more demanding or less then you might tailor work around that.

I might think of something as simple as...
Monday:

BP's
Squat or leg press
Rows

Thurs:
Deads
OHP's
Chins

If you had a hard work day before, you could wait a day then hit the gym the next morn and if you have an easy day, you could gauge what you do the day before!?

There are quite a few guys I know who get some tough W/O's in just using 1-2 days per week. I know one in particular who's a salesmen (granted not a lot of energy being used) and he squats about every 10-12 days. He just buried #500x3 ATG.
It is going to depend on how much you want to juggle thew work and how much effort you want to put in.

Mellow33

Awards
Well, if you knew which days are going to be more demanding or less then you might tailor work around that.

I might think of something as simple as...
Monday:

BP's
Squat or leg press
Rows

Thurs:
Deads
OHP's
Chins

If you had a hard work day before, you could wait a day then hit the gym the next morn and if you have an easy day, you could gauge what you do the day before!?

There are quite a few guys I know who get some tough W/O's in just using 1-2 days per week. I know one in particular who's a salesmen (granted not a lot of energy being used) and he squats about every 10-12 days. He just buried #500x3 ATG.
It is going to depend on how much you want to juggle thew work and how much effort you want to put in.
Yeah who knows what I'm gonna end up doing haha. Been thinking of a upper/off/lower/off schedule and adjust as I need depending on what goes on at work

HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
Well when you're 19 and trying to save money for the future, it is very nice
Salute to you for saving money!! I know exactly how it is! I'm 19 and work 12 hour shifts every Saturday and Sunday while my friends are partying. I go to college Monday- Friday. It's hard sometimes but you just gotta keep thinking about how important the money is for your future. Keep saving bro!!

Maybe look into DTP or Jim Wendlers 5/3/1... It would be a break from starting strength or phat.