Unanswered Need advice on test levels.

JTez

Awards
I’m currently on my third month of trt taking 200mg test cyp per week. My last blood work my levels were at 1500. Should I lower my dosage to 150 a week to keep my test levels around 1000-1300? My doc says I’m ok at that level if I’m not getting any side effects but I want to prevent getting any high test side effects so that’s why I’m asking. thanks in advance.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Funny how it effects ppl different, 200mg put me in the low 900’s and it was good for me at the time, I had no issues during the time I was on TRT. I’m no expert but I would lower a little bit and try to keep the test level right under 1000.

JTez

Awards
Funny how it effects ppl different, 200mg put me in the low 900’s and it was good for me at the time, I had no issues during the time I was on TRT. I’m no expert but I would lower a little bit and try to keep the test level right under 1000.
Off topic but Why did you stop trt?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s almost impossible that in the 1500 range you’ll be side free for a long period of time, it’s not how the body works. Personally I upped my trt dose to 250mg which puts me around 1600-1900 and I’m lucky enough to have little sides on it but my lipids are always a little high, my RBC is high so I have to donate blood couple times a year etc. It’s a choice though I know for a fact one day I’ll have to lower to an actual trt dose.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’d say enjoy it while you can.
But guaranfuckingteed you will run into problems with 1500 eventually.

Your doc seems like the most awesomest doc ever, letting you chill in the cycle-zone long term.
But your cholesterol will get gnarly, your red blood cell/hematocrit count will get too high, and those two together is like asking pretty please for a blood clot or heart attack, among other complications.
1000 is a supraphysiological value to chill at for a while, everyone is different. I’ve been hovering 1100-1200 for a few years and my bloodwork is starting to get slightly undesirable.
Just know high end of normal you could live a long life, outside of that range too long, and you may end up with problems down the road. The kind that sneak up on you too if you aren’t checking bloodwork 4x a year

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How often are you pinning per week? You could just do the 200mg but split it into two injections per week instead, assuming that you aren’t already doing so.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m currently on my third month of trt taking 200mg test cyp per week. My last blood work my levels were at 1500. Should I lower my dosage to 150 a week to keep my test levels around 1000-1300? My doc says I’m ok at that level if I’m not getting any side effects but I want to prevent getting any high test side effects so that’s why I’m asking. thanks in advance.
I completely agree with your doctor, if you are not having any side effects like gyno or water retention or ridiculous acne then I think you are totally fine as there are guys with test levels are higher we don't have any issues and Boston Medical University along with another Medical University I can't remember both did studies of men on 600 mg per week with no negative side effects so I say if your dog is okay with it and you feel okay then I would definitely stay on that amount because over time that number will go down

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Also I am guessing that you will need something like exemestane before too long. Just a guess.

Deadlifter99

Deadlifter99

Awards
Don't worry about numeric values so much, there are a lot of other factors that come into play. My TRT 200mg per week put me at 1100 and for a few years I was cruising at 1900 on 300mg test, no side effects at all aside from high sex drive. The amount of muscle mass you have and your training really does make a difference in how your body uses the testosterone as well.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I completely agree with your doctor, if you are not having any side effects like gyno or water retention or ridiculous acne then I think you are totally fine as there are guys with test levels are higher we don't have any issues and Boston Medical University along with another Medical University I can't remember both did studies of men on 600 mg per week with no negative side effects so I say if your dog is okay with it and you feel okay then I would definitely stay on that amount because over time that number will go down
??? I don’t have gyno,acne or any visible sides when my test is over 3000-4000... does that mean I can stay on that dose forever lol... I’m trying to understand your point here? His doctor is what I call a money doctor and he probably doesn’t give a single **** about him. There’s clinics giving 200-300mgs a week to ANYONE willing to pay the 200-300$ a month fees. RBC,lipids,hematocrit is what he should be worried about in the LONG run. Nobody going in supra physiological levels is going to be side free for a long time. The human body DOES NOT work like that. And sides don’t just equal what you see outside. Nobody on earth can live his whole life on 1500 test levels without trashing his lipids, heart complication, blood thickening, blood cloth etc etc, NOBODY. does that mean he would die doing it for years? Nop. Still it’s not healthy

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
??? I don’t have gyno,acne or any visible sides when my test is over 3000-4000... does that mean I can stay on that dose forever lol... I’m trying to understand your point here? His doctor is what I call a money doctor and he probably doesn’t give a single **** about him. There’s clinics giving 200-300mgs a week to ANYONE willing to pay the 200-300$ a month fees. RBC,lipids,hematocrit is what he should be worried about in the LONG run. Nobody going in supra physiological levels is going to be side free for a long time. The human body DOES NOT work like that. And sides don’t just equal what you see outside. Nobody on earth can live his whole life on 1500 of test without trashing his lipids, heart complication, blood thickening, blood cloth etc etc, NOBODY. does that mean he would die doing it for years? Nop. Still it’s not healthy
good post.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
??? I don’t have gyno,acne or any visible sides when my test is over 3000-4000... does that mean I can stay on that dose forever lol... I’m trying to understand your point here? His doctor is what I call a money doctor and he probably doesn’t give a single **** about him. There’s clinics giving 200-300mgs a week to ANYONE willing to pay the 200-300$ a month fees. RBC,lipids,hematocrit is what he should be worried about in the LONG run. Nobody going in supra physiological levels is going to be side free for a long time. The human body DOES NOT work like that. And sides don’t just equal what you see outside. Nobody on earth can live his whole life on 1500 test levels without trashing his lipids, heart complication, blood thickening, blood cloth etc etc, NOBODY. does that mean he would die doing it for years? Nop. Still it’s not healthy
Most, most bodies do not work like that. My hematocrit has never been higher than 14.2 and my red blood cell count is smack dab in the middle and I've always been on 200 per week with twice-a-week injections of 100 and total test levels 1500 or higher. And my health is fucking great. There may just be some guy who happens to be quite a bit taller than I am and possibly A different race that is just like me but even higher so that 3000 could most definitely be out there. If that person had compromised test levels for whatever reason and was put on replacement therapy and treated properly and evaluated & there was nothing wrong with PSA or H&H or anything else for that matter then what's the beef? Why do people always feel the need to stir up some crap on here? And I didn't say anything about a doctor who didn't care about levels that high (3000-5000 or wtvr u said, entertained that anyways), I simply evaluated the case that was presented to me and went off of *the information I had*. If the doctor is doing a halfway decent job and has checked PSA, RBC, H&H, total and free test, estradiol and whatever the hell else I'm forgetting and they are all within range amd patient looks and feels fine then what's the problem? Maybe you just feel like 200 mg is too high of a dose or maybe you just feel the need to argue with people I don't know. Either way I prolly shouldn't even have responded but oh well.

(My lipids are good and blood has never needed to be drained, etc)

Last edited:

JTez

Awards
Thank you all for your experienced knowledge. I guess I will continue with the 200mg 2x injection per week for now. I might even take less maybe 160-180 but once again thank you all for your replies.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you all for your experienced knowledge. I guess I will continue with the 200mg 2x injection per week for now. I might even take less maybe 160-180 but once again thank you all for your replies.
My text really wasn’t meant to tell you that what you do is stupid I upped my trt dose from
150 to 250mg year round which puts me around 1600-1900. I was just trying to tell you to stay careful and that some doctors are not checking the important stuff and don’t necessarily care about their patient, they’ll check basic stuff and if you’re good you’re good. I just meant down the road on Supra levels you’ll have some sides and when you do just react accordingly.. like I know I’m good to go for a few years on 250mg but I also know one day it’s going to be time to drop to an actual trt dose

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t look at the dose. Some guys need 200, some 75-100
The bloods tell the story. Ive been 1100-1200 for years. I wouldn’t be comfortable there for decades. I think that’s where Math is coming from.
Everyone is different but there’s very few lab ranges where you can be hundreds of points out of range year after year without complication.
The tenure here has chosen to make this somewhat of a harm reduction board, which can get a little nuts at times, ESPECIALLY with liver and kidneys. Cardiovascular risks we actually should take very seriously.
Show me out of the last 40 bodybuilders one that didn’t die from heart issues(whether they used recreational drugs or not)

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The bloods tell the story. Ive been 1100-1200 for years. I wouldn’t be comfortable there for decades. I think that’s where Math is coming from.
Everyone is different but there’s very few lab ranges where you can be hundreds of points out of range year after year without complication.
The tenure here has chosen to make this somewhat of a harm reduction board, which can get a little nuts at times, ESPECIALLY with liver and kidneys. Cardiovascular risks we actually should take very seriously.
Show me out of the last 40 bodybuilders one that didn’t die from heart issues(whether they used recreational drugs or not)
Thanks for clarifying, that’s exactly what I meant. I wasn’t talking about dosage.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You and i think very similarly. Was only playing devils advocate. Very well put sir. And from a harm reduction standpoint I think all you can really say is check bloods every 90-180 days, and give blood every 6mo regardless as I feel its just good for anyone on trt. And of course push fluids.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@JTez are those trough or peak values? At what point after injection did you get those bloods showing 1500 total test?